Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default toppings for sweet corn

the first time i was in mexico, acapulco 1974, a woman used to sell corn at night, around 7:00 PM. she had it in a basket, sold it right by the ocean.. she'd take a piece of lime, dip it in hot sauce and rub it over the cob. really delicious. i too have topped corn like this. lime and frank's hot sauce. however, frank's is a bit too hot. maybe i'll dilute it next time with water? the regular frank's really heats up the lips.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, June 12, 2019 at 6:23:05 PM UTC-5, A Moose in Love wrote:

> the first time i was in mexico, acapulco 1974, a woman used to sell corn at night, around 7:00 PM. she had it in a basket, sold it right by the ocean. she'd take a piece of lime, dip it in hot sauce and rub it over the cob. really delicious. i too have topped corn like this. lime and frank's hot sauce. however, frank's is a bit too hot. maybe i'll dilute it next time with water? the regular frank's really heats up the lips.

Wouldn't water make the sauce too watery? But I don't have any suggestions with
what to use to calm down the heat of the sauce. Is Texas Pete hot sauce overly
hot?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, June 12, 2019 at 6:23:05 PM UTC-5, A Moose in Love wrote:
> the first time i was in mexico, acapulco 1974, a woman used to sell corn at night, around 7:00 PM. she had it in a basket, sold it right by the ocean. she'd take a piece of lime, dip it in hot sauce and rub it over the cob. really delicious. i too have topped corn like this. lime and frank's hot sauce. however, frank's is a bit too hot. maybe i'll dilute it next time with water? the regular frank's really heats up the lips.

Honduran Street Corn!

Shucked cooked ear of corn
Slather with Mayo!
Sprinkle cayenne as desired
Shred Parm Reggiano all over and EAT!

John Kuthe, Climate Anarchist and World Cuisine Aficionado!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, June 12, 2019 at 8:28:41 PM UTC-4, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Wednesday, June 12, 2019 at 6:23:05 PM UTC-5, A Moose in Love wrote:
> > the first time i was in mexico, acapulco 1974, a woman used to sell corn at night, around 7:00 PM. she had it in a basket, sold it right by the ocean. she'd take a piece of lime, dip it in hot sauce and rub it over the cob. really delicious. i too have topped corn like this. lime and frank's hot sauce. however, frank's is a bit too hot. maybe i'll dilute it next time with water? the regular frank's really heats up the lips.

> Honduran Street Corn!
>
> Shucked cooked ear of corn
> Slather with Mayo!
> Sprinkle cayenne as desired
> Shred Parm Reggiano all over and EAT!
>
> John Kuthe, Climate Anarchist and World Cuisine Aficionado!

that place i used to sit at waiting for corn; a guy was out there smoking weed. he was also selling. he sold some to a couple of guys. they were jumped by narcs. so was the dealer. about a half hour later, the dealer was out there again selling weed. muy corruptismos!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, June 12, 2019 at 1:23:05 PM UTC-10, A Moose in Love wrote:
> the first time i was in mexico, acapulco 1974, a woman used to sell corn at night, around 7:00 PM. she had it in a basket, sold it right by the ocean. she'd take a piece of lime, dip it in hot sauce and rub it over the cob. really delicious. i too have topped corn like this. lime and frank's hot sauce. however, frank's is a bit too hot. maybe i'll dilute it next time with water? the regular frank's really heats up the lips.

Mayo, cheese, and Tajin. Hoo boy!

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...CzpOaUyKjgtnFE

Posted to rec.food.cooking

" wrote:

> On Wednesday, June 12, 2019 at 6:23:05 PM UTC-5, A Moose in Love wrote:
> >
> > the first time i was in mexico, acapulco 1974, a woman used to sell corn at night, around 7:00 PM. she had it in a basket, sold it right by the ocean. she'd take a piece of lime, dip it in hot sauce and rub it over the cob. really delicious. i too have topped corn like this. lime and frank's hot sauce. however, frank's is a bit too hot. maybe i'll dilute it next time with water? the regular frank's really heats up the lips.
> >

> Wouldn't water make the sauce too watery? But I don't have any suggestions with
> what to use to calm down the heat of the sauce. Is Texas Pete hot sauce overly
> hot?

The original Texas Pete is way hotter than Frank's but they do
sell many variations now. I always buy Franks. I don't think it's
too hot. Never tried it on corn though. I would try maybe mixing
a bit of sour cream with the Franks, not much. The dairy will
calm down the heat. Don't know if that's good, just a thought.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 06:56:48 -0400, Gary > wrote:

" wrote:

>> On Wednesday, June 12, 2019 at 6:23:05 PM UTC-5, A Moose in Love wrote:
>> >
>> > the first time i was in mexico, acapulco 1974, a woman used to sell corn at night, around 7:00 PM. she had it in a basket, sold it right by the ocean. she'd take a piece of lime, dip it in hot sauce and rub it over the cob. really delicious. i too have topped corn like this. lime and frank's hot sauce. however, frank's is a bit too hot. maybe i'll dilute it next time with water? the regular frank's really heats up the lips.
>> >

>> Wouldn't water make the sauce too watery? But I don't have any suggestions with
>> what to use to calm down the heat of the sauce. Is Texas Pete hot sauce overly
>> hot?

>The original Texas Pete

peppers, vinegar, salt, xanthan gum, benzoate of soda.

Yay, xanthan gum! Nobody leaves the house without xanthan gum! And
benzoate of soda sounds like something that's always been missing in
my life!

US sweet corn A Moose in Love General Cooking 3 13-06-2019 11:56 AM
All about sweet corn Janet B General Cooking 1 27-07-2015 08:28 PM
Sweet Corn VegA Barbecue 2 03-07-2009 08:06 PM
Pan Seared Diver Scallops Braised in Sweet Butter with Sweet Corn and Rosemary Duckie ® Recipes 0 27-05-2006 07:45 PM