Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Meatloaf in the Ninja Foodi

Ok, those 2 pounds of extra lean ground beef (mystery meat) were turned into
a meatloaf with Italian bread crumbs, salt, pepper, eggs, onion, celery, bell
pepper, garlic, dried parsley, oregano, and a glob of chili sauce. I checked
two YouTube videos to see what type of pot they used and I went with the
crisper basket lined with aluminum foil.

Meatloaf is done and at the present it is doing a natural release and in a
few minutes I will manually release the pressure. Then I'll add chili sauce
to the top and do a sear/sauté with the crisper lid.

Green beans are simmering on the stove and I'll report back later to see how
well my efforts paid off.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 30 May 2019 14:42:44 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>Ok, those 2 pounds of extra lean ground beef (mystery meat) were turned into
>a meatloaf with Italian bread crumbs, salt, pepper, eggs, onion, celery, bell
>pepper, garlic, dried parsley, oregano, and a glob of chili sauce. I checked
>two YouTube videos to see what type of pot they used and I went with the
>crisper basket lined with aluminum foil.
>
>Meatloaf is done and at the present it is doing a natural release and in a
>few minutes I will manually release the pressure. Then I'll add chili sauce
>to the top and do a sear/sauté with the crisper lid.
>
>Green beans are simmering on the stove and I'll report back later to see how
>well my efforts paid off.

I haven't made meatloaf yet this year. Sounds good.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 30 May 2019 itsjoannotjoann wrote:

>Ok, those 2 pounds of extra lean ground beef (mystery meat) were turned into
>a meatloaf with Italian bread crumbs, salt, pepper, eggs, onion, celery, bell
>pepper, garlic, dried parsley, oregano, and a glob of chili sauce. I checked
>two YouTube videos to see what type of pot they used and I went with the
>crisper basket lined with aluminum foil.
>
>Meatloaf is done and at the present it is doing a natural release and in a
>few minutes I will manually release the pressure. Then I'll add chili sauce
>to the top and do a sear/sauté with the crisper lid.

Meat loaf is my favorite, let's see.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

" wrote:

> Then I used
> the last of the chili sauce for a glaze on top and let that go for another
> 5 minutes.
>
> Chili sauce is on Friday's shopping list for sure.

Are you talking about that chili-garlic sauce with the pic of the
rooster on the label? That's good stuff and I need to buy more
myself.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"U.S. Janet B." wrote:

> On Thu, 30 May 2019 14:42:44 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>

> >Ok, those 2 pounds of extra lean ground beef (mystery meat) were turned into
> >a meatloaf with Italian bread crumbs, salt, pepper, eggs, onion, celery, bell
> >pepper, garlic, dried parsley, oregano, and a glob of chili sauce. I checked
> >two YouTube videos to see what type of pot they used and I went with the
> >crisper basket lined with aluminum foil.
> >
> >Meatloaf is done and at the present it is doing a natural release and in a
> >few minutes I will manually release the pressure. Then I'll add chili sauce
> >to the top and do a sear/sauté with the crisper lid.
> >
> >Green beans are simmering on the stove and I'll report back later to see how
> >well my efforts paid off.

> I haven't made meatloaf yet this year. Sounds good.

I just made and finished 2 in a row, back to back. That should
last me a year or two.
Next on the list maybe is lasagna.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, May 31, 2019 at 7:58:25 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:

> " wrote:
> >
> > Chili sauce is on Friday's shopping list for sure.

> Are you talking about that chili-garlic sauce with the pic of the
> rooster on the label? That's good stuff and I need to buy more
> myself.

No, Heinz chili sauce.

https://i.postimg.cc/tJxVrtMv/Heinz-Chili-Sauce.jpg

(Cue OhFeelMe to ask "Is it hot? We don't like hot, oh I'm so confused.")
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/31/2019 11:32 AM, wrote:
> On Friday, May 31, 2019 at 7:58:25 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
>>
>> " wrote:
>>>
>>> Chili sauce is on Friday's shopping list for sure.

>> Are you talking about that chili-garlic sauce with the pic of the
>> rooster on the label? That's good stuff and I need to buy more
>> myself.
>>

> No, Heinz chili sauce.

https://i.postimg.cc/tJxVrtMv/Heinz-Chili-Sauce.jpg

> (Cue OhFeelMe to ask "Is it hot? We don't like hot, oh I'm so confused.")

LOL To think all this talk about chili sauce in meatloaf started when I
said I used bottled cocktail sauce in my meatloaf recipe. I really did
mean Heinz cocktail sauce, although the chili sauce works, too.

The reason I remember it was cocktail sauce is because I mailed the
recipe to my mother. My recipe stated add *half a cup* of bottled
cocktail sauce to the meat mixture. She read it as "add a bottle of
cocktail sauce". Oops! She called me and said the mixture was very
wet. Gee, ya think? Mom never claimed to be a good cook. It was nice
she tried my recipe.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, May 31, 2019 at 1:55:02 PM UTC-5, jmcquown wrote:

> On 5/31/2019 2:35 PM, wrote:
> >
> > I've no idea what's a Ninja Foodi nor do I care... just want to see
> > her meat loaf and see her recipe. Besides, she said she bought
> > preground mystery meat so what would a Ninja do, does it peel onions?
> >

> (sigh)
>
> Jill

Let me add one, too. (sigh)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

" wrote:

> Gary wrote:
> > Are you talking about that chili-garlic sauce with the pic of the
> > rooster on the label? That's good stuff and I need to buy more
> > myself.
> >

> No, Heinz chili sauce
> https://i.postimg.cc/tJxVrtMv/Heinz-Chili-Sauce.jpg

Hmmm. I've never tried the Heinz but I will someday.
You might want to try that one I mentioned too someday.

I've mostly used plain ketchup to top a meatloaf and all
it can take too. Once topped, those top pieces are always
the best part of the slices.

Also, do try the Jell-O with some vanilla ice cream
if you ever make it again. It's Jello++ imo.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/1/2019 8:43 AM, Gary wrote:
> " wrote:
>>
>> Gary wrote:
>>> Are you talking about that chili-garlic sauce with the pic of the
>>> rooster on the label? That's good stuff and I need to buy more
>>> myself.
>>>

>> No, Heinz chili sauce
>> https://i.postimg.cc/tJxVrtMv/Heinz-Chili-Sauce.jpg

> Hmmm. I've never tried the Heinz but I will someday.
> You might want to try that one I mentioned too someday.

Perhaps.

> I've mostly used plain ketchup to top a meatloaf and all
> it can take too. Once topped, those top pieces are always
> the best part of the slices.

IMHO, plain ketchup is boring.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> IMHO, plain ketchup is boring.

Cooked for 75 minutes on top of a meat loaf educates ketchup.
Add worcesthershire to it first and it has a college degree.

Chicken Pot Pie in the Ninja Foodi [email protected][_2_] General Cooking 230 26-02-2019 05:05 PM
Country style spareribs and 2 pork chops in the Ninja Foodi! [email protected][_2_] General Cooking 13 06-02-2019 12:54 PM
I bought a Ninja blender tonight zxcvbob General Cooking 12 08-09-2012 03:28 PM
Ninja Express sf[_9_] General Cooking 4 18-04-2012 09:08 PM
Ninja on sale at Woot $25 Jim Elbrecht General Cooking 1 14-05-2011 03:28 PM