Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Default Thursday lunch

wrote:

> On Saturday, June 1, 2019 at 11:57:36 AM UTC-5, GM wrote:
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> >
> > > Iron? I seem to recall that word, but I've forgotten what it's for.

> > Lol...ain't it the truth, that's what cleaners are for...
> >
> > I did buy one of those little steamer thingies, which gets wrinkles out pretty neatly if needed, but I haven't even used that in a year or so...
> >
> > --
> > Best
> > Greg
> >

> When I worked all my dress pants were ironed and with a crease that would cut
> your finger if you chose to run it down the crease. Some shirt were iron but
> most all were pullovers that were knit. But I learned if you want wrinkle-
> free clothes is to start taking them out of the dryer the last 10 minutes or
> so of drying time. Hang each one as it comes out, pants or shirts, and
> DON'T leave any clothes laying in the dryer once it shuts off.

Yup, exactly...

My former gig was "dress casual" and I am very "particular" about crisp dress shirts ('HEAVY STARCH PLEASE!'), dress slacks, etc...so my cleaning bill was pretty high, I only wore items once, and then back to the cleaners...

Now my work duds are polo shirts, cargo pants and jeans...no big cleaning bills, I just launder myself, no "crispness" needed...

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, June 1, 2019 at 2:55:22 PM UTC-5, GM wrote:

> Now my work duds are polo shirts, cargo pants and jeans...no big cleaning bills, I just launder myself, no "crispness" needed...
>
> --
> Best
> Greg

Cargo pants, UGH! Just carry a purse and be done with it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

wrote:

> On Saturday, June 1, 2019 at 2:55:22 PM UTC-5, GM wrote:
> >
> > Now my work duds are polo shirts, cargo pants and jeans...no big cleaning bills, I just launder myself, no "crispness" needed...
> >
> > --
> > Best
> > Greg
> >

> Cargo pants, UGH! Just carry a purse and be done with it.

LOL..thanks, "Steve" aka "sqwertz"...!!!

;-P

<chuckle>

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, June 1, 2019 at 9:55:22 AM UTC-10, GM wrote:
> wrote:

> > > Lol...ain't it the truth, that's what cleaners are for...
> > >
> > > I did buy one of those little steamer thingies, which gets wrinkles out pretty neatly if needed, but I haven't even used that in a year or so...
> > >
> > > --
> > > Best
> > > Greg
> > >

> > When I worked all my dress pants were ironed and with a crease that would cut
> > your finger if you chose to run it down the crease. Some shirt were iron but
> > most all were pullovers that were knit. But I learned if you want wrinkle-
> > free clothes is to start taking them out of the dryer the last 10 minutes or
> > so of drying time. Hang each one as it comes out, pants or shirts, and
> > DON'T leave any clothes laying in the dryer once it shuts off.

> Yup, exactly...
>
> My former gig was "dress casual" and I am very "particular" about crisp dress shirts ('HEAVY STARCH PLEASE!'), dress slacks, etc...so my cleaning bill was pretty high, I only wore items once, and then back to the cleaners...
>
> Now my work duds are polo shirts, cargo pants and jeans...no big cleaning bills, I just launder myself, no "crispness" needed...
>
> --
> Best
> Greg

I got me a pair of cargo pants around Christmas. That was the best styling move in the last few decades. You can bet that I'm a pretty cool dude. The last time I wore cargo pants was in high school. Those had bell bottoms, these don't.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, June 1, 2019 at 3:17:50 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:

> I got me a pair of cargo pants around Christmas. That was the best styling move in the last few decades. You can bet that I'm a pretty cool dude. The last time I wore cargo pants was in high school. Those had bell bottoms, these don't.

A purse for you, too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, June 1, 2019 at 12:03:12 PM UTC-10, wrote:
> On Saturday, June 1, 2019 at 3:17:50 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
> >
> > I got me a pair of cargo pants around Christmas. That was the best styling move in the last few decades. You can bet that I'm a pretty cool dude. The last time I wore cargo pants was in high school. Those had bell bottoms, these don't.
> >

> A purse for you, too.

I man purse? I think not.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, June 1, 2019 at 3:25:29 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> On Saturday, June 1, 2019 at 11:57:36 AM UTC-5, GM wrote:
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> >
> > > Iron? I seem to recall that word, but I've forgotten what it's for.

> > Lol...ain't it the truth, that's what cleaners are for...
> >
> > I did buy one of those little steamer thingies, which gets wrinkles out pretty neatly if needed, but I haven't even used that in a year or so...
> >
> > --
> > Best
> > Greg
> >

> When I worked all my dress pants were ironed and with a crease that would cut
> your finger if you chose to run it down the crease. Some shirt were iron but
> most all were pullovers that were knit. But I learned if you want wrinkle-
> free clothes is to start taking them out of the dryer the last 10 minutes or
> so of drying time. Hang each one as it comes out, pants or shirts, and
> DON'T leave any clothes laying in the dryer once it shuts off.

One word: knits

Nearly all of my work clothes are jersey knits or crinkle polyester.

I've got some cotton pants for the dog days of summer, and I just don't
care if they're wrinkles. Even if I ironed them, they'd be wrinkled
by the time I drove to work.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/2/2019 6:59 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> I've got some cotton pants for the dog days of summer

I figured you for a Mumu tent.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, June 2, 2019 at 5:59:45 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On Saturday, June 1, 2019 at 3:25:29 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> >
> > DON'T leave any clothes laying in the dryer once it shuts off.

> One word: knits

Even my knit tops would wrinkle if left in the dryer.

> I've got some cotton pants for the dog days of summer, and I just don't
> care if they're wrinkles. Even if I ironed them, they'd be wrinkled
> by the time I drove to work.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Yes, cotton is bad about wrinkling but I find 100% cotton to be extremely hot
in the summer and I just steer clear of it winter or summer. Linen is nice
in the summer but it wrinkles terribly, too.