Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Green Jell-O in Hospitals

Did you ever notice that hospitals serve green Jell-O 99% of the
time (orange is the other 1%). If you want red Jell-O you gotta get
it at the cafeteria downstairs.

Who buy's Jell-O in a hospital cafeteria anyway?

A: The people who are sick of eating patient's green Jell-O, that's
who.

That's my Kuthe for the month. Thank your for listening. Here's a
bogus youtube link to igno

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rIy0xY99a0

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 23 May 2019 19:57:27 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>Did you ever notice that hospitals serve green Jell-O 99% of the
>time (orange is the other 1%). If you want red Jell-O you gotta get
>it at the cafeteria downstairs.
>
>Who buy's Jell-O in a hospital cafeteria anyway?
>
>A: The people who are sick of eating patient's green Jell-O, that's
>who.

This is what happens when you eat too many Reubens.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>Did you ever notice that hospitals serve green Jell-O 99% of the
>time (orange is the other 1%). If you want red Jell-O you gotta get
>it at the cafeteria downstairs.
>
>Who buy's Jell-O in a hospital cafeteria anyway?
>
>A: The people who are sick of eating patient's green Jell-O, that's
>who.
>
>That's my Kuthe for the month. Thank your for listening. Here's a
>bogus youtube link to igno
>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rIy0xY99a0
>
>-sw

of course there is no red Jell-o, red screws up certain tests.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 23 May 2019 20:14:30 -0600, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> On Thu, 23 May 2019 19:57:27 -0500, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
>>Did you ever notice that hospitals serve green Jell-O 99% of the
>>time (orange is the other 1%). If you want red Jell-O you gotta get
>>it at the cafeteria downstairs.
>>
>>Who buy's Jell-O in a hospital cafeteria anyway?
>>
>>A: The people who are sick of eating patient's green Jell-O, that's
>>who.
>>
>>That's my Kuthe for the month. Thank your for listening. Here's a
>>bogus youtube link to igno
>>
>>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rIy0xY99a0
>>
>>-sw

> of course there is no red Jell-o, red screws up certain tests.

But they never even give you any food until any tests or surgeries
are done. You usually only get food after surgery and during
recovery. And sometimes not even then. You're often lucky to even
get water - ice chips maybe.

I was thinking "no red" because it reminds you of blood and guts.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/23/2019 11:35 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Thu, 23 May 2019 20:14:30 -0600, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 23 May 2019 19:57:27 -0500, Sqwertz >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Did you ever notice that hospitals serve green Jell-O 99% of the
>>> time (orange is the other 1%). If you want red Jell-O you gotta get
>>> it at the cafeteria downstairs.
>>>
>>> Who buy's Jell-O in a hospital cafeteria anyway?
>>>
>>> A: The people who are sick of eating patient's green Jell-O, that's
>>> who.
>>>
>>> That's my Kuthe for the month. Thank your for listening. Here's a
>>> bogus youtube link to igno
>>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rIy0xY99a0
>>>
>>> -sw

>> of course there is no red Jell-o, red screws up certain tests.

> But they never even give you any food until any tests or surgeries
> are done. You usually only get food after surgery and during
> recovery. And sometimes not even then. You're often lucky to even
> get water - ice chips maybe.
>
> I was thinking "no red" because it reminds you of blood and guts.
>
> -sw

So if you are in there for six days they don't feed you because they may
do more tests?

I've seen red jell-o in hospitals.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> Did you ever notice that hospitals serve green Jell-O 99% of the
> time (orange is the other 1%). If you want red Jell-O you gotta get
> it at the cafeteria downstairs.
>
> Who buy's Jell-O in a hospital cafeteria anyway?
>
> A: The people who are sick of eating patient's green Jell-O, that's
> who.
>
> That's my Kuthe for the month. Thank your for listening. Here's a
> bogus youtube link to igno
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rIy0xY99a0
>
> -sw

I hadn't noticed. I don't think I ever got Jell-O in a hospital.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 23 May 2019 23:51:05 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> On 5/23/2019 11:35 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Thu, 23 May 2019 20:14:30 -0600, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

>>> of course there is no red Jell-o, red screws up certain tests.

>> But they never even give you any food until any tests or surgeries
>> are done. You usually only get food after surgery and during
>> recovery. And sometimes not even then. You're often lucky to even
>> get water - ice chips maybe.
>>
>> I was thinking "no red" because it reminds you of blood and guts.
>>
>> -sw
>>

> So if you are in there for six days they don't feed you because they may
> do more tests?

Blood tests and such, yes. But if there's a chance of upcoming
surgery or another surgery, not a chance.

> I've seen red jell-o in hospitals.

Never in the rooms. I've been in a hospital room every day for the
last 10, and 30+ days before that. Nobody ever got red jello in any
room I've been in. But everybody gets jello.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 23 May 2019 21:32:53 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>> Did you ever notice that hospitals serve green Jell-O 99% of the
>> time (orange is the other 1%). If you want red Jell-O you gotta get
>> it at the cafeteria downstairs.
>>
>> Who buy's Jell-O in a hospital cafeteria anyway?
>>
>> A: The people who are sick of eating patient's green Jell-O, that's
>> who.
>>
>> That's my Kuthe for the month. Thank your for listening. Here's a
>> bogus youtube link to igno
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rIy0xY99a0
>>
>> -sw

> I hadn't noticed. I don't think I ever got Jell-O in a hospital.

<yawn> No jello in a hospital <rolling eyes> Only on Planet Bove.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 24 May 2019 00:07:00 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Thu, 23 May 2019 23:51:05 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>>> But they never even give you any food until any tests or surgeries
>>> are done. You usually only get food after surgery and during
>>> recovery. And sometimes not even then. You're often lucky to even
>>> get water - ice chips maybe.
>>>
>>> I was thinking "no red" because it reminds you of blood and guts.
>>>
>>> -sw
>>>

>> So if you are in there for six days they don't feed you because they may
>> do more tests?

>Blood tests and such, yes. But if there's a chance of upcoming
>surgery or another surgery, not a chance.

Lol. I guess many people die of starvation in American hospitals.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/24/2019 4:51 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> I've seen red jell-o in hospitals.

Me, too. Not my favourite 'food', but (slightly) better than nothing.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-05-24, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

> I've seen red jell-o in hospitals.

????

Red Jell-O is common! Strawberry, raspberry, cherry, etc.

A common combo (when I was a kid) was some kinda "red" Jell-O and
fruit cocktail. That's gone?

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

lid writes:
>On Thu, 23 May 2019 23:51:05 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rIy0xY99a0

>>> But they never even give you any food until any tests or surgeries
>>> are done. You usually only get food after surgery and during
>>> recovery. And sometimes not even then. You're often lucky to even
>>> get water - ice chips maybe.
>>>
>>> I was thinking "no red" because it reminds you of blood and guts.
>>>
>>> -sw
>>>

>> So if you are in there for six days they don't feed you because they may
>> do more tests?

>Blood tests and such, yes. But if there's a chance of upcoming
>surgery or another surgery, not a chance.
>
>> I've seen red jell-o in hospitals.

>Never in the rooms. I've been in a hospital room every day for the
>last 10, and 30+ days before that. Nobody ever got red jello in any
>room I've been in. But everybody gets jello.

TOP TEN POSSIBLE REASONS FOR STEVE'S HOSPITALIZATION

10. pickle overdose
9. hypoproteinemia
8. surplus in flexible healthcare spending account
7. TIAD
6. chronic hemorrhagic opinionating
5. he was mistaken for John Kuthe
4. acute ennui
3. Bove derangement disorder
2. brain transplant
1. FATTY LIVER

Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

tert in seattle wrote:

> lid writes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rIy0xY99a0

> >> So if you are in there for six days they don't feed you because they may
> >> do more tests?

> >Blood tests and such, yes. But if there's a chance of upcoming
> >surgery or another surgery, not a chance.
> >
> >> I've seen red jell-o in hospitals.

> >Never in the rooms. I've been in a hospital room every day for the
> >last 10, and 30+ days before that. Nobody ever got red jello in any
> >room I've been in. But everybody gets jello.

> TOP TEN POSSIBLE REASONS FOR STEVE'S HOSPITALIZATION
>
> 10. pickle overdose
> 9. hypoproteinemia
> 8. surplus in flexible healthcare spending account
> 7. TIAD
> 6. chronic hemorrhagic opinionating
> 5. he was mistaken for John Kuthe
> 4. acute ennui
> 3. Bove derangement disorder
> 2. brain transplant
> 1. FATTY LIVER

11. anus - in - mouthous dizease

Lol...

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, May 24, 2019 at 11:59:32 AM UTC-5, notbob wrote:

> A common combo (when I was a kid) was some kinda "red" Jell-O and
> fruit cocktail. That's gone?
>
> nb

I always liked fruit in Jell-O and usually it was fruit cocktail.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-05-24 12:59 p.m., notbob wrote:
> On 2019-05-24, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>
>> I've seen red jell-o in hospitals.

> ????
>
> Red Jell-O is common! Strawberry, raspberry, cherry, etc.
>
> A common combo (when I was a kid) was some kinda "red" Jell-O and
> fruit cocktail. That's gone?

They had me on a clear fluid diet for the four days I was in hospital
for my gall bladder. Every meal included red jello.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 24 May 2019 17:25:03 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle wrote:

> lid writes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rIy0xY99a0

>>> So if you are in there for six days they don't feed you because they may
>>> do more tests?

>>Blood tests and such, yes. But if there's a chance of upcoming
>>surgery or another surgery, not a chance.
>>
>>> I've seen red jell-o in hospitals.

>>Never in the rooms. I've been in a hospital room every day for the
>>last 10, and 30+ days before that. Nobody ever got red jello in any
>>room I've been in. But everybody gets jello.

> TOP TEN POSSIBLE REASONS FOR STEVE'S HOSPITALIZATION
>
> 10. pickle overdose
> 9. hypoproteinemia
> 8. surplus in flexible healthcare spending account
> 7. TIAD
> 6. chronic hemorrhagic opinionating
> 5. he was mistaken for John Kuthe
> 4. acute ennui
> 3. Bove derangement disorder
> 2. brain transplant
> 1. FATTY LIVER

That's the longest post you've ever made. That must have taken
hours and burned thousands of calories.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 24 May 2019 17:35:54 -0400, Dave Smith wrote:

> On 2019-05-24 12:59 p.m., notbob wrote:
>> On 2019-05-24, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>>
>>> I've seen red jell-o in hospitals.

>> ????
>>
>> Red Jell-O is common! Strawberry, raspberry, cherry, etc.
>>
>> A common combo (when I was a kid) was some kinda "red" Jell-O and
>> fruit cocktail. That's gone?

> They had me on a clear fluid diet for the four days I was in hospital
> for my gall bladder. Every meal included red jello.

Yeah, that might make sense if clear fluid diets didn't specifically
exclude RED Jello-O.

Dave here just wanted to chime in with something Anti-Sqwertz. He
does it frequently all the time and it never makes sense.

Anyway - here is the major reason Red Jello isn't served to patients
(or on clear fluid diets). Janet had the closest correct answer.

https://www.livestrong.com/article/4...-liquid-diets/

I also think it's a mental thing - blood, guts, swellgin, scars...
ALL RED. Why is there never a 13th floor in a hospital or rooms
ending in "13" (wait for it: "My hospital has a 13th floor...")

Anyway, thanks for your participation.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 25 May 2019 01:01:28 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>Yeah, that might make sense if clear fluid diets didn't specifically
>exclude RED Jello-O.
>
>Dave here just wanted to chime in with something Anti-Sqwertz. He
>does it frequently all the time and it never makes sense.
>
>Anyway - here is the major reason Red Jello isn't served to patients
>(or on clear fluid diets). Janet had the closest correct answer.
>
>https://www.livestrong.com/article/4...-liquid-diets/
>
> I also think it's a mental thing - blood, guts, swellgin, scars...
>ALL RED. Why is there never a 13th floor in a hospital or rooms
>ending in "13" (wait for it: "My hospital has a 13th floor...")
>
>Anyway, thanks for your participation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissism
Posted to rec.food.cooking

" wrote:

> On Friday, May 24, 2019 at 11:59:32 AM UTC-5, notbob wrote:
> >
> > A common combo (when I was a kid) was some kinda "red" Jell-O and
> > fruit cocktail. That's gone?
> >
> > nb
> >

> I always liked fruit in Jell-O and usually it was fruit cocktail.

Same here, Joan. I always preferred the orange Jell-0.
Odd to eat it plain.
With fruit cocktail was good.
Also with fresh sliced banana was good.
(Both of those mixed in before it jelled)

Add a bit of vanilla ice cream at serving time,
was even better.

That said, I haven't had Jell-O since I was a kid.
I'll add that to my bucket list...
Orange Jell-O with banana and vanilla ice cream.

And since I never made all the years my daughter was growing up,
maybe I'll make it the next time she comes for a visit.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I've never been in a hospital so I know nothing about it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 25 May 2019 06:20:01 -0400, Gary > wrote:

" wrote:

>> On Friday, May 24, 2019 at 11:59:32 AM UTC-5, notbob wrote:
>> >
>> > A common combo (when I was a kid) was some kinda "red" Jell-O and
>> > fruit cocktail. That's gone?
>> >
>> > nb
>> >

>> I always liked fruit in Jell-O and usually it was fruit cocktail.

>Same here, Joan. I always preferred the orange Jell-0.
>Odd to eat it plain.
>With fruit cocktail was good.
>Also with fresh sliced banana was good.
> (Both of those mixed in before it jelled)
>
>Add a bit of vanilla ice cream at serving time,
> was even better.
>
>That said, I haven't had Jell-O since I was a kid.
>I'll add that to my bucket list...
>Orange Jell-O with banana and vanilla ice cream.
>
>And since I never made all the years my daughter was growing up,
>maybe I'll make it the next time she comes for a visit.

Orange Jell-O is good with Mandarin orange segments... and add orange
flavored seltza to the syrup for the liquid.
I never liked fruit cocktail.
Actually my favorite Jell-O is lime.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 25 May 2019 08:21:46 -0400, Gary > wrote:

wrote:

>> I've never been in a hospital so I know nothing about it.

>ADD ME! Never as an inpatient and I plan to continue the trend.
>
>I did have to go (outpatient) last October. Right before my
>Medicare kicked in unfortunately. (Dec.1)
>
>Private doctor visit cost $92. Reasonable price.
>Then he sent me to the hospital for chest x-rays.
>The x-ray doctor charged $70-something for their work.
> Again a reasonable price for 5 x-rays.

That's odd, what symptoms required five chest views? Typicallly there
are only two views, one frontal and one lateral. For something
requiring more detail the doctor would have wanted a CAT scan.
How long ago did you get chest X-rays... nowadays they no longer use
film, now X-rays are digital, costs a lot less.

>The hospital finally sent me a bill just for being there
>and the use of their equipment. $830. *******s!
>
>So that one day cost me almost $1000. Fuggin hospitals.

Had you purchased medical insurance it could have cost you nothing
other than the ins premium which is low through AARP. Even with
Medicare you still need ins, there's a lot that Medicare doesn't
cover.

>BTW, the chest x-rays showed that all was well....WHEW!
>It had been over 30 years since the last one so I was
>worried. Expensive day but ended my worrying.
>For that reason, it was worth the price I suppose.
>
>Anyway, if my insurance had started then, I would have
>had to pay about $200 vs the $1000 that I did pay.
>BUT...since then I've paid insurance $1240 so far
>for premiums and I haven't needed to go back anyway.
>
>It's a lose-lose situation, imo.
>Now, I'm paying about $1650 per year and still
>don't need any medical care. Maybe I just need to
>start getting sickly more often.
>
>Hopefully, NOT! :O WTH?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/23/2019 10:14 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Thu, 23 May 2019 19:57:27 -0500, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
>> Did you ever notice that hospitals serve green Jell-O 99% of the
>> time (orange is the other 1%). If you want red Jell-O you gotta get
>> it at the cafeteria downstairs.
>>
>> Who buy's Jell-O in a hospital cafeteria anyway?
>>
>> A: The people who are sick of eating patient's green Jell-O, that's
>> who.
>>
>> That's my Kuthe for the month. Thank your for listening. Here's a
>> bogus youtube link to igno
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rIy0xY99a0
>>
>> -sw

> of course there is no red Jell-o, red screws up certain tests.

Colonoscopy comes to mind. The last time I had one the prep
instructions said I could drink Gatorade but NOT the red stuff. I'm
sure the reasons for no red Jell-O are the same.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/24/2019 1:08 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Thu, 23 May 2019 21:32:53 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>>> Did you ever notice that hospitals serve green Jell-O 99% of the
>>> time (orange is the other 1%). If you want red Jell-O you gotta get
>>> it at the cafeteria downstairs.
>>>
>>> Who buy's Jell-O in a hospital cafeteria anyway?
>>>
>>> A: The people who are sick of eating patient's green Jell-O, that's
>>> who.
>>>
>>> That's my Kuthe for the month. Thank your for listening. Here's a
>>> bogus youtube link to igno
>>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rIy0xY99a0
>>>
>>> -sw

>> I hadn't noticed. I don't think I ever got Jell-O in a hospital.

> <yawn> No jello in a hospital <rolling eyes> Only on Planet Bove.
>
> -sw

Not really, Steve. When I was hospitalized in 2008 they didn't give me
any Jell-O, not even green Jell-O.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, May 25, 2019 at 5:19:59 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:

> Same here, Joan. I always preferred the orange Jell-0.
> Odd to eat it plain.

I always like my plain Jell-O with a spoon of mayonnaise.

> With fruit cocktail was good.
> Also with fresh sliced banana was good.
> (Both of those mixed in before it jelled)
>
> Add a bit of vanilla ice cream at serving time,
> was even better.

I'll admit I've never eaten Jell-O with ice cream.

> That said, I haven't had Jell-O since I was a kid.
> I'll add that to my bucket list...
> Orange Jell-O with banana and vanilla ice cream.

It's been about 6 months since I've fixed and eaten any. Close to time
to mix up some more.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, May 25, 2019 at 2:21:49 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
> wrote:
> >
> > I've never been in a hospital so I know nothing about it.

> ADD ME! Never as an inpatient and I plan to continue the trend.
>
> I did have to go (outpatient) last October. Right before my
> Medicare kicked in unfortunately. (Dec.1)
>
> Private doctor visit cost $92. Reasonable price.
> Then he sent me to the hospital for chest x-rays.
> The x-ray doctor charged $70-something for their work.
> Again a reasonable price for 5 x-rays.
> The hospital finally sent me a bill just for being there
> and the use of their equipment. $830. *******s!
>
> So that one day cost me almost $1000. Fuggin hospitals.
>
> BTW, the chest x-rays showed that all was well....WHEW!
> It had been over 30 years since the last one so I was
> worried. Expensive day but ended my worrying.
> For that reason, it was worth the price I suppose.
>
> Anyway, if my insurance had started then, I would have
> had to pay about $200 vs the $1000 that I did pay.
> BUT...since then I've paid insurance $1240 so far
> for premiums and I haven't needed to go back anyway.
>
> It's a lose-lose situation, imo.
> Now, I'm paying about $1650 per year and still
> don't need any medical care. Maybe I just need to
> start getting sickly more often.
>
> Hopefully, NOT! :O WTH?

My guess is that these charges will be typical in the coming years. It's kind of a money grab and old folks are going to be a prime target. The medical field has found out what the shysters have known for years - the elderly are an easy mark.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Saturday, May 25, 2019 at 2:21:49 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
> wrote:
> >
> > I've never been in a hospital so I know nothing about it.

> ADD ME! Never as an inpatient and I plan to continue the trend.
>
> I did have to go (outpatient) last October. Right before my
> Medicare kicked in unfortunately. (Dec.1)
>
> Private doctor visit cost $92. Reasonable price.
> Then he sent me to the hospital for chest x-rays.
> The x-ray doctor charged $70-something for their work.
> Again a reasonable price for 5 x-rays.
> The hospital finally sent me a bill just for being there
> and the use of their equipment. $830. *******s!
>
> So that one day cost me almost $1000. Fuggin hospitals.
>
> BTW, the chest x-rays showed that all was well....WHEW!
> It had been over 30 years since the last one so I was
> worried. Expensive day but ended my worrying.
> For that reason, it was worth the price I suppose.
>
> Anyway, if my insurance had started then, I would have
> had to pay about $200 vs the $1000 that I did pay.
> BUT...since then I've paid insurance $1240 so far
> for premiums and I haven't needed to go back anyway.
>
> It's a lose-lose situation, imo.
> Now, I'm paying about $1650 per year and still
> don't need any medical care. Maybe I just need to
> start getting sickly more often.
>
> Hopefully, NOT! :O WTH?

My guess is that these charges will be typical in the coming years. It's
kind of a money grab and old folks are going to be a prime target. The
medical field has found out what the shysters have known for years - the
elderly are an easy mark.

===

Unless you live in UK

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, May 25, 2019 at 10:35:35 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> ===
>
> Unless you live in UK

In America, money is the first consideration above all else. I suppose that's ok but these days, it's getting ridiculous. The new world is no county for old men.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, May 25, 2019 at 3:31:05 AM UTC-10, jmcquown wrote:

> Colonoscopy comes to mind. The last time I had one the prep
> instructions said I could drink Gatorade but NOT the red stuff. I'm
> sure the reasons for no red Jell-O are the same.
>
> Jill

I had a colonoscopy last week. I was restricted to a clear liquid diet. No red drinks, of course. That could mask bleeding into the colon.

To clear my guts out, I drank a bottle of magnesium citrate, with a second on a few hours afterwards. These were relatively small 10oz bottles. The liquid has an intense sweet-salty lemony taste. Ha ha, the taste is similar to li hing mui powder which is popular in Hawaii. The taste might make folks on the mainland gag but I thought it went down real smooth like.

https://www.polynesia.com/blog/li-hing-mui-vinaigrette/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Saturday, May 25, 2019 at 10:35:35 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> ===
>
> Unless you live in UK

In America, money is the first consideration above all else. I suppose
that's ok but these days, it's getting ridiculous. The new world is no
county for old men.

==

To be honest, for the sick and ill, it sounds very worrying

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Saturday, May 25, 2019 at 3:31:05 AM UTC-10, jmcquown wrote:

> Colonoscopy comes to mind. The last time I had one the prep
> instructions said I could drink Gatorade but NOT the red stuff. I'm
> sure the reasons for no red Jell-O are the same.
>
> Jill

I had a colonoscopy last week. I was restricted to a clear liquid diet. No
red drinks, of course. That could mask bleeding into the colon.

To clear my guts out, I drank a bottle of magnesium citrate, with a second
on a few hours afterwards. These were relatively small 10oz bottles. The
liquid has an intense sweet-salty lemony taste. Ha ha, the taste is similar
to li hing mui powder which is popular in Hawaii. The taste might make folks
on the mainland gag but I thought it went down real smooth like.

https://www.polynesia.com/blog/li-hing-mui-vinaigrette/

===

Hope all turned out well??

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, May 26, 2019 at 2:03:17 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Saturday, May 25, 2019 at 10:35:35 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > ===
> >
> > Unless you live in UK

> In America, money is the first consideration above all else. I suppose
> that's ok but these days, it's getting ridiculous. The new world is no
> county for old men.
>
> ==
>
> To be honest, for the sick and ill, it sounds very worrying

This is one tough country to live in if you're old or not in good health. Evidently, Americans are okay with that.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, May 26, 2019 at 2:03:18 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Saturday, May 25, 2019 at 3:31:05 AM UTC-10, jmcquown wrote:
>
> > Colonoscopy comes to mind. The last time I had one the prep
> > instructions said I could drink Gatorade but NOT the red stuff. I'm
> > sure the reasons for no red Jell-O are the same.
> >
> > Jill

> I had a colonoscopy last week. I was restricted to a clear liquid diet. No
> red drinks, of course. That could mask bleeding into the colon.
>
> To clear my guts out, I drank a bottle of magnesium citrate, with a second
> on a few hours afterwards. These were relatively small 10oz bottles. The
> liquid has an intense sweet-salty lemony taste. Ha ha, the taste is similar
> to li hing mui powder which is popular in Hawaii. The taste might make folks
> on the mainland gag but I thought it went down real smooth like.
>
> https://www.polynesia.com/blog/li-hing-mui-vinaigrette/
>
> ===
>
> Hope all turned out well??

Well, I ain't dead yet so that's a pretty good sign.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Sunday, May 26, 2019 at 2:03:17 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Saturday, May 25, 2019 at 10:35:35 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > ===
> >
> > Unless you live in UK

> In America, money is the first consideration above all else. I suppose
> that's ok but these days, it's getting ridiculous. The new world is no
> county for old men.
>
> ==
>
> To be honest, for the sick and ill, it sounds very worrying

This is one tough country to live in if you're old or not in good health.
Evidently, Americans are okay with that.

==

It seems to me they don't have a choice(

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Sunday, May 26, 2019 at 2:03:18 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Saturday, May 25, 2019 at 3:31:05 AM UTC-10, jmcquown wrote:
>
> > Colonoscopy comes to mind. The last time I had one the prep
> > instructions said I could drink Gatorade but NOT the red stuff. I'm
> > sure the reasons for no red Jell-O are the same.
> >
> > Jill

> I had a colonoscopy last week. I was restricted to a clear liquid diet. No
> red drinks, of course. That could mask bleeding into the colon.
>
> To clear my guts out, I drank a bottle of magnesium citrate, with a second
> on a few hours afterwards. These were relatively small 10oz bottles. The
> liquid has an intense sweet-salty lemony taste. Ha ha, the taste is
> similar
> to li hing mui powder which is popular in Hawaii. The taste might make
> folks
> on the mainland gag but I thought it went down real smooth like.
>
> https://www.polynesia.com/blog/li-hing-mui-vinaigrette/
>
> ===
>
> Hope all turned out well??

Well, I ain't dead yet so that's a pretty good sign.

==

Heh I can't argue with that)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, May 26, 2019 at 10:08:54 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Sunday, May 26, 2019 at 2:03:17 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > "dsi1" wrote in message
> >
> > On Saturday, May 25, 2019 at 10:35:35 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > > ===
> > >
> > > Unless you live in UK

> > In America, money is the first consideration above all else. I suppose
> > that's ok but these days, it's getting ridiculous. The new world is no
> > county for old men.
> >
> > ==
> >
> > To be honest, for the sick and ill, it sounds very worrying

> This is one tough country to live in if you're old or not in good health.
> Evidently, Americans are okay with that.
>
> ==
>
> It seems to me they don't have a choice(

I think the boomers of America still have some time to take action but in about a decade, nobody's going to care about them. At that time, they won't have a choice. They'll get everything that they deserve. That's the breaks.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, May 26, 2019 at 10:08:54 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Sunday, May 26, 2019 at 2:03:18 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > "dsi1" wrote in message
> >
> > On Saturday, May 25, 2019 at 3:31:05 AM UTC-10, jmcquown wrote:
> >
> > > Colonoscopy comes to mind. The last time I had one the prep
> > > instructions said I could drink Gatorade but NOT the red stuff. I'm
> > > sure the reasons for no red Jell-O are the same.
> > >
> > > Jill

> > I had a colonoscopy last week. I was restricted to a clear liquid diet. No
> > red drinks, of course. That could mask bleeding into the colon.
> >
> > To clear my guts out, I drank a bottle of magnesium citrate, with a second
> > on a few hours afterwards. These were relatively small 10oz bottles. The
> > liquid has an intense sweet-salty lemony taste. Ha ha, the taste is
> > similar
> > to li hing mui powder which is popular in Hawaii. The taste might make
> > folks
> > on the mainland gag but I thought it went down real smooth like.
> >
> > https://www.polynesia.com/blog/li-hing-mui-vinaigrette/
> >
> > ===
> >
> > Hope all turned out well??

> Well, I ain't dead yet so that's a pretty good sign.
>
> ==
>
> Heh I can't argue with that)

I am, as they say, in no position to complain.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"> wrote:

> I always liked fruit in Jell-O and usually it was fruit cocktail.

Dole makes a kind of expensive (over two bucks) four pack of pre-made
fruit jellos. They should be in the canned fruit section of a
supermarket that carries Dole. They have mandarin oranges in orange
gel, peaches in strawberry gel, mixed fruit in cherry gel and mangoes
in mango gel. Look for "Gel" on the package if interested. I love 'em
all.
Of course, anyone could make these things, far cheaper. Have I ever
made Jello? I can't remember, but I bet I could if I wanted.
On a side note, I really should make some ambrosia or watergate salad
some time. I really liked that stuff. Why am I not eating it now?

leo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, May 26, 2019 at 10:19:41 PM UTC-5, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:

> Dole makes a kind of expensive (over two bucks) four pack of pre-made
> fruit jellos. They should be in the canned fruit section of a
> supermarket that carries Dole. They have mandarin oranges in orange
> gel, peaches in strawberry gel, mixed fruit in cherry gel and mangoes
> in mango gel. Look for "Gel" on the package if interested. I love 'em
> all.
> Of course, anyone could make these things, far cheaper. Have I ever
> made Jello? I can't remember, but I bet I could if I wanted.
> On a side note, I really should make some ambrosia or watergate salad
> some time. I really liked that stuff. Why am I not eating it now?
>
> leo

If you can boil water and stir it into a bowl with a packet of Jell-O powder,
then you can make Jell-O. If you want fruit in it you'll have to wait until
it's starting to jell before adding.

Ambrosia and Watergate salad are two of my favorites! For some reason
ambrosia only seems to show up around Christmas.