Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

Default GMO? Organic?? what is your level of knowledge?

I watched a new movie today...... it is free on line for a few more days.... and I learned some valuable things.

I highly recommend this film. I had some ideas about GMO foods, Roundup and organic foods that were wrong. I think we would all like to have our bodies feel better.

take the time to watch, you won't regret it

https://freeshowing.secretingredient...a-2f4aeb24d347
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/17/2019 11:49 AM, ImStillMags wrote:
> I watched a new movie today...... it is free on line for a few more days.... and I learned some valuable things.
>
> I highly recommend this film. I had some ideas about GMO foods, Roundup and organic foods that were wrong. I think we would all like to have our bodies feel better.
>
> take the time to watch, you won't regret it
>
> https://freeshowing.secretingredient...a-2f4aeb24d347

Its an hour and 20 minutes. I'm not ready to invest that time to see
what their agenda is. They should make a condensed version.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Friday, May 17, 2019 at 9:41:44 AM UTC-7, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 5/17/2019 11:49 AM, ImStillMags wrote:
> > I watched a new movie today...... it is free on line for a few more days.... and I learned some valuable things.
> >
> > I highly recommend this film. I had some ideas about GMO foods, Roundup and organic foods that were wrong. I think we would all like to have our bodies feel better.
> >
> > take the time to watch, you won't regret it
> >
> > https://freeshowing.secretingredient...a-2f4aeb24d347
> >

> Its an hour and 20 minutes. I'm not ready to invest that time to see
> what their agenda is. They should make a condensed version.

There is a 3 minute trailer. Their agenda is education about these things and your health.
https://secretingredientsmovie.com/trailer/
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Friday, May 17, 2019 at 9:41:44 AM UTC-7, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 5/17/2019 11:49 AM, ImStillMags wrote:
> > I watched a new movie today...... it is free on line for a few more days.... and I learned some valuable things.
> >
> > I highly recommend this film. I had some ideas about GMO foods, Roundup and organic foods that were wrong. I think we would all like to have our bodies feel better.
> >
> > take the time to watch, you won't regret it
> >
> > https://freeshowing.secretingredient...a-2f4aeb24d347
> >

> Its an hour and 20 minutes. I'm not ready to invest that time to see
> what their agenda is. They should make a condensed version.

how much time are you willing to invest to improve your health? That's what it is about.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-05-17 11:01 a.m., ImStillMags wrote:
> On Friday, May 17, 2019 at 9:41:44 AM UTC-7, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> On 5/17/2019 11:49 AM, ImStillMags wrote:
>>> I watched a new movie today...... it is free on line for a few more days.... and I learned some valuable things.
>>>
>>> I highly recommend this film. I had some ideas about GMO foods, Roundup and organic foods that were wrong. I think we would all like to have our bodies feel better.
>>>
>>> take the time to watch, you won't regret it
>>>
>>> https://freeshowing.secretingredient...a-2f4aeb24d347
>>>

>> Its an hour and 20 minutes. I'm not ready to invest that time to see
>> what their agenda is. They should make a condensed version.

> There is a 3 minute trailer. Their agenda is education about these things and your health.
> https://secretingredientsmovie.com/trailer/

Looks like another alarmist diatribe based on anecdotes!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/17/2019 1:02 PM, ImStillMags wrote:
> On Friday, May 17, 2019 at 9:41:44 AM UTC-7, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> On 5/17/2019 11:49 AM, ImStillMags wrote:
>>> I watched a new movie today...... it is free on line for a few more days.... and I learned some valuable things.
>>>
>>> I highly recommend this film. I had some ideas about GMO foods, Roundup and organic foods that were wrong. I think we would all like to have our bodies feel better.
>>>
>>> take the time to watch, you won't regret it
>>>
>>> https://freeshowing.secretingredient...a-2f4aeb24d347
>>>

>> Its an hour and 20 minutes. I'm not ready to invest that time to see
>> what their agenda is. They should make a condensed version.

> how much time are you willing to invest to improve your health? That's what it is about.

I got 90% of what I needed to know from the trailer. The movie started
off rather boring and did not entice me to spend a lot of time.

I'm not in favor of GMO but do not go crazy to get organic. People
often chide Bruce about his ingredient lists, but he is right. We don't
need a lot of that crap and we avoid it.

Have you heard of the Feingold Diet? Very similar to avoid
preservatives and artificial colors. Made quite a difference in my
son's behavior as a child. especially red food coloring, you could pick
him off the ceiling.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 17 May 2019 12:41:40 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 5/17/2019 11:49 AM, ImStillMags wrote:
>> I watched a new movie today...... it is free on line for a few more days.... and I learned some valuable things.
>>
>> I highly recommend this film. I had some ideas about GMO foods, Roundup and organic foods that were wrong. I think we would all like to have our bodies feel better.
>>
>> take the time to watch, you won't regret it
>>
>> https://freeshowing.secretingredient...a-2f4aeb24d347
>>

>Its an hour and 20 minutes. I'm not ready to invest that time to see
>what their agenda is. They should make a condensed version.

Yeah, they should make a 1 minute sound bite version for Americans.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 17 May 2019 11:17:24 -0600, graham > wrote:

>On 2019-05-17 11:01 a.m., ImStillMags wrote:

>>> Its an hour and 20 minutes. I'm not ready to invest that time to see
>>> what their agenda is. They should make a condensed version.

>> There is a 3 minute trailer. Their agenda is education about these things and your health.
>> https://secretingredientsmovie.com/trailer/
>>

>Looks like another alarmist diatribe based on anecdotes!

Graham you can't see anecdotes, so they don't exist!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 17 May 2019 14:25:37 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 5/17/2019 1:02 PM, ImStillMags wrote:

>>> Its an hour and 20 minutes. I'm not ready to invest that time to see
>>> what their agenda is. They should make a condensed version.

>> how much time are you willing to invest to improve your health? That's what it is about.
>>

>I got 90% of what I needed to know from the trailer. The movie started
>off rather boring and did not entice me to spend a lot of time.
>
>I'm not in favor of GMO but do not go crazy to get organic. People
>often chide Bruce about his ingredient lists, but he is right. We don't
>need a lot of that crap and we avoid it.

Yes, you'd expect people to bit a little more critical in RFC of all
places. But most people here are happy to consume anything the food
industry concocts. And if you're not, you're alarmist. It's not a very
bright lot sometimes.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 17 May 2019 08:49:59 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> wrote:

>I watched a new movie today...... it is free on line for a few more days.... and I learned some valuable things.
>
>I highly recommend this film. I had some ideas about GMO foods, Roundup and organic foods that were wrong. I think we would all like to have our bodies feel better.
>
>take the time to watch, you won't regret it
>
>https://freeshowing.secretingredient...a-2f4aeb24d347

Here is the lowdown I dont care what the video says...

GMO's are still in its infancy and there are really no solid results
on effects in the human body.

Organics is a complete scam, Sure they are a little healthier as in
more vitamins maybe and perhaps a little cleaner. But the little bit
is so little it is hardly even noticeable

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 17 May 2019 10:02:53 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> wrote:

>On Friday, May 17, 2019 at 9:41:44 AM UTC-7, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> On 5/17/2019 11:49 AM, ImStillMags wrote:
>> > I watched a new movie today...... it is free on line for a few more days.... and I learned some valuable things.
>> >
>> > I highly recommend this film. I had some ideas about GMO foods, Roundup and organic foods that were wrong. I think we would all like to have our bodies feel better.
>> >
>> > take the time to watch, you won't regret it
>> >
>> > https://freeshowing.secretingredient...a-2f4aeb24d347
>> >

>> Its an hour and 20 minutes. I'm not ready to invest that time to see
>> what their agenda is. They should make a condensed version.

>how much time are you willing to invest to improve your health? That's what it is about.

Well Theres no evidence that GMOs effect you health
there is no evidence that organics improve your health

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 17 May 2019 14:25:37 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 5/17/2019 1:02 PM, ImStillMags wrote:

>>> Its an hour and 20 minutes. I'm not ready to invest that time to see
>>> what their agenda is. They should make a condensed version.

>> how much time are you willing to invest to improve your health? That's what it is about.
>>

>I got 90% of what I needed to know from the trailer. The movie started
>off rather boring and did not entice me to spend a lot of time.
>
>I'm not in favor of GMO but do not go crazy to get organic. People
>often chide Bruce about his ingredient lists, but he is right. We don't
>need a lot of that crap and we avoid it.
>
>Have you heard of the Feingold Diet? Very similar to avoid
>preservatives and artificial colors. Made quite a difference in my
>son's behavior as a child. especially red food coloring, you could pick
>him off the ceiling.

LOL red food coloring has been proven to have no effect on
hyperactivity in children

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/17/2019 12:01 PM, ImStillMags wrote:
> On Friday, May 17, 2019 at 9:41:44 AM UTC-7, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> On 5/17/2019 11:49 AM, ImStillMags wrote:
>>> I watched a new movie today...... it is free on line for a few more days.... and I learned some valuable things.
>>>
>>> I highly recommend this film. I had some ideas about GMO foods, Roundup and organic foods that were wrong. I think we would all like to have our bodies feel better.
>>>
>>> take the time to watch, you won't regret it
>>>
>>> https://freeshowing.secretingredient...a-2f4aeb24d347
>>>

>> Its an hour and 20 minutes. I'm not ready to invest that time to see
>> what their agenda is. They should make a condensed version.

> There is a 3 minute trailer. Their agenda is education about these things and your health.
> https://secretingredientsmovie.com/trailer/

Â* Well , sorta . Their message is that GMO's are bad . But not
(necessarily) because they're GMO's . Mostly because they're doused with
Roundup , which is BadShit in my book . My wife's digestive problems all
started around the time Roundup came into widespread use . Some plants ,
it IS because of GMO genetics - some of them have Bacillus Thurigensis
genes which produce a toxin that kills predator insects . That shit
ain't good for humans either . Ed , IMO it's worth at least a cursory
watch . Play it while you're cooking dinner or something . IMO there's
enough evidence that the stuff should be yanked from the market , but
the money ... fattest wallet usually wins in these cases .
Â* Side note - because they often use Roundup to desiccate wheat just
before harvest I use a premium flour to bake all our bread products .
Non- GMO and Roundup-free . This year I'm growing some corn out in the
garden as a test . We'll see if home grown without Roundup causes her
intestinal distress like commercial products do .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/17/2019 5:21 PM, wrote:
> On Fri, 17 May 2019 10:02:53 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> > wrote:

https://freeshowing.secretingredient...a-2f4aeb24d347

>>> Its an hour and 20 minutes. I'm not ready to invest that time to see
>>> what their agenda is. They should make a condensed version.

>> how much time are you willing to invest to improve your health? That's what it is about.

> Well Theres no evidence that GMOs effect you health
> there is no evidence that organics improve your health
>
> --
>
> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

Â* I bet you believe in AGW too ...

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, May 17, 2019 at 5:39:23 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:
> On 5/17/2019 5:21 PM, wrote:
> > On Fri, 17 May 2019 10:02:53 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> > > wrote:

https://freeshowing.secretingredient...a-2f4aeb24d347

> >> how much time are you willing to invest to improve your health? That's what it is about.

> > Well Theres no evidence that GMOs effect you health
> > there is no evidence that organics improve your health
> >
> > --
> >
> > ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

> Â* I bet you believe in AGW too ...
>
> --
> Snag
> Yes , I'm old
> and crochety - and armed .
> Get outta my woods !

ROFL!!

I Believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpsEUGOoxgI

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, May 17, 2019 at 6:30:46 PM UTC-4, Terry Coombs wrote:
> On 5/17/2019 12:01 PM, ImStillMags wrote:

> >> Its an hour and 20 minutes. I'm not ready to invest that time to see
> >> what their agenda is. They should make a condensed version.

> > There is a 3 minute trailer. Their agenda is education about these things and your health.
> > https://secretingredientsmovie.com/trailer/

> Â* Well , sorta . Their message is that GMO's are bad . But not
> (necessarily) because they're GMO's . Mostly because they're doused with
> Roundup , which is BadShit in my book . My wife's digestive problems all
> started around the time Roundup came into widespread use . Some plants ,
> it IS because of GMO genetics - some of them have Bacillus Thurigensis
> genes which produce a toxin that kills predator insects . That shit
> ain't good for humans either .

What's your evidence for that? People inoculate their soil with
BT all the time. It's a common insecticide for organic gardening
and farming.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"ImStillMags" > wrote in message
>I watched a new movie today...... it is free on line for a few more
>days.... and I learned some valuable things.
>
> I highly recommend this film. I had some ideas about GMO foods, Roundup
> and organic foods that were wrong. I think we would all like to have
> our bodies feel better.
>
> take the time to watch, you won't regret it
>
> https://freeshowing.secretingredient...a-2f4aeb24d347

I just saw that. Looks good but... Not sure I can believe it. Plus we can't
be sure that the organic stuff we buy is free of Round Up. Sure, the farmer
might use organic soil and not use any chemicals but stuff is in the air and
water. There are signs around here that they are spraying chemicals. People
complain because the helicopters start at 6:00 a.m. No clue what they are
spraying. Just says chemicals.

Do you really think that rice and beans are sprayed with Round Up after
harvest? I hope not! I can get organic rice for not a lot more money but
organic beans are usually expensive.

Also, they were somewhat vague on the diet. Told us what not to eat. But
what about butter, cheese, meat? I've done an organic, plant based diet. My
stomach couldn't handle all that fiber.

It was still a good movie though and I'm not a movie person.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> On 5/17/2019 11:49 AM, ImStillMags wrote:
>> I watched a new movie today...... it is free on line for a few more
>> days.... and I learned some valuable things.
>>
>> I highly recommend this film. I had some ideas about GMO foods, Roundup
>> and organic foods that were wrong. I think we would all like to have
>> our bodies feel better.
>>
>> take the time to watch, you won't regret it
>>
>> https://freeshowing.secretingredient...a-2f4aeb24d347
>>

> Its an hour and 20 minutes. I'm not ready to invest that time to see what
> their agenda is. They should make a condensed version.

There was some repetition but I think the length was necessary for the most
part. I did skip over one part towards the middle where I already knew what
they were saying. I do believe the testimonials were needed and he is not
trying to sell us anything.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Terry Coombs" > wrote in message
> On 5/17/2019 12:01 PM, ImStillMags wrote:

>>> Its an hour and 20 minutes. I'm not ready to invest that time to see
>>> what their agenda is. They should make a condensed version.

>> There is a 3 minute trailer. Their agenda is education about these
>> things and your health.
>> https://secretingredientsmovie.com/trailer/

> Well , sorta . Their message is that GMO's are bad . But not
> (necessarily) because they're GMO's . Mostly because they're doused with
> Roundup , which is BadShit in my book . My wife's digestive problems all
> started around the time Roundup came into widespread use . Some plants ,
> it IS because of GMO genetics - some of them have Bacillus Thurigensis
> genes which produce a toxin that kills predator insects . That shit ain't
> good for humans either . Ed , IMO it's worth at least a cursory watch .
> Play it while you're cooking dinner or something . IMO there's enough
> evidence that the stuff should be yanked from the market , but the money
> ... fattest wallet usually wins in these cases .
> Side note - because they often use Roundup to desiccate wheat just before
> harvest I use a premium flour to bake all our bread products . Non- GMO
> and Roundup-free . This year I'm growing some corn out in the garden as a
> test . We'll see if home grown without Roundup causes her intestinal
> distress like commercial products do .

I could be wrong here. I got the movie link from Coast to Coast AM. The
burgers that were mentioned here were talked about, I think in the movie,
but it could have been on the radio show. The fake meat is GMO to make new
kinds of protein and it is not digested well.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> On 5/17/2019 1:02 PM, ImStillMags wrote:

>>> Its an hour and 20 minutes. I'm not ready to invest that time to see
>>> what their agenda is. They should make a condensed version.

>> how much time are you willing to invest to improve your health? That's
>> what it is about.
>>

> I got 90% of what I needed to know from the trailer. The movie started
> off rather boring and did not entice me to spend a lot of time.
>
> I'm not in favor of GMO but do not go crazy to get organic. People often
> chide Bruce about his ingredient lists, but he is right. We don't need a
> lot of that crap and we avoid it.
>
> Have you heard of the Feingold Diet? Very similar to avoid preservatives
> and artificial colors. Made quite a difference in my son's behavior as a
> child. especially red food coloring, you could pick him off the ceiling.

Yes. Often recommended for autistic kids. Had a neighbor whose little boy
couldn't have red food coloring. She had a picnic every 4th of July. I
remember her son suddenly acting like he was shot out of a cannon. A well
meaning party goer had given the box some fruity drink with red coloring in
it. He was quite easy going when he stuck to the diet.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 17 May 2019 14:25:37 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>>> how much time are you willing to invest to improve your health? That's
>>> what it is about.
>>>

>>I got 90% of what I needed to know from the trailer. The movie started
>>off rather boring and did not entice me to spend a lot of time.
>>
>>I'm not in favor of GMO but do not go crazy to get organic. People
>>often chide Bruce about his ingredient lists, but he is right. We don't
>>need a lot of that crap and we avoid it.

> Yes, you'd expect people to bit a little more critical in RFC of all
> places. But most people here are happy to consume anything the food
> industry concocts. And if you're not, you're alarmist. It's not a very
> bright lot sometimes.

I am always horrified to see what some people in my life buy at the store.
They never question ingredients and make broad sweeping statements like,
"But I thought cereal was good for you!" Ack. Nope. If I don't make it from
scratch, I always read the ingredients. I just did a cupboard clean out and
will be taking some stuff to my friend. Mostly Asian type sauces that I'd
never eat but my gardener was until he learned what was in them. My friend
eats very little in the way of what I'd call healthy, but refuses to believe
that her diet might be at least partially to blame.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Fri, 17 May 2019 14:25:37 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>>> how much time are you willing to invest to improve your health? That's
>>> what it is about.
>>>

>>I got 90% of what I needed to know from the trailer. The movie started
>>off rather boring and did not entice me to spend a lot of time.
>>
>>I'm not in favor of GMO but do not go crazy to get organic. People
>>often chide Bruce about his ingredient lists, but he is right. We don't
>>need a lot of that crap and we avoid it.
>>
>>Have you heard of the Feingold Diet? Very similar to avoid
>>preservatives and artificial colors. Made quite a difference in my
>>son's behavior as a child. especially red food coloring, you could pick
>>him off the ceiling.

> LOL red food coloring has been proven to have no effect on
> hyperactivity in children

Proof?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Fri, 17 May 2019 10:02:53 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> > wrote:

>>> Its an hour and 20 minutes. I'm not ready to invest that time to see
>>> what their agenda is. They should make a condensed version.

>>how much time are you willing to invest to improve your health? That's
>>what it is about.

> Well Theres no evidence that GMOs effect you health
> there is no evidence that organics improve your health

Watch the movie. You'll see evidence.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Fri, 17 May 2019 08:49:59 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> > wrote:
>
>>I watched a new movie today...... it is free on line for a few more
>>days.... and I learned some valuable things.
>>
>>I highly recommend this film. I had some ideas about GMO foods, Roundup
>>and organic foods that were wrong. I think we would all like to have
>>our bodies feel better.
>>
>>take the time to watch, you won't regret it
>>
>>https://freeshowing.secretingredient...a-2f4aeb24d347

> Here is the lowdown I dont care what the video says...
>
> GMO's are still in its infancy and there are really no solid results
> on effects in the human body.
>
> Organics is a complete scam, Sure they are a little healthier as in
> more vitamins maybe and perhaps a little cleaner. But the little bit
> is so little it is hardly even noticeable

Organics don't have more vitamins! What they don't have is chemicals!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 18 May 2019 05:08:17 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> wrote in message
.. .
>> On Fri, 17 May 2019 08:49:59 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>I watched a new movie today...... it is free on line for a few more
>>>days.... and I learned some valuable things.
>>>
>>>I highly recommend this film. I had some ideas about GMO foods, Roundup
>>>and organic foods that were wrong. I think we would all like to have
>>>our bodies feel better.
>>>
>>>take the time to watch, you won't regret it
>>>
>>>https://freeshowing.secretingredient...a-2f4aeb24d347

>> Here is the lowdown I dont care what the video says...
>>
>> GMO's are still in its infancy and there are really no solid results
>> on effects in the human body.
>>
>> Organics is a complete scam, Sure they are a little healthier as in
>> more vitamins maybe and perhaps a little cleaner. But the little bit
>> is so little it is hardly even noticeable

>Organics don't have more vitamins! What they don't have is chemicals!

Exactly.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, May 18, 2019 at 8:07:05 AM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:
> > wrote in message
> > On Fri, 17 May 2019 10:02:53 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> > > wrote:

> >>how much time are you willing to invest to improve your health? That's
> >>what it is about.

> > Well Theres no evidence that GMOs effect you health
> > there is no evidence that organics improve your health

> Watch the movie. You'll see evidence.

Since when is a movie "evidence"? Show me the double-blind
scientific studies.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/18/2019 5:28 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Friday, May 17, 2019 at 6:30:46 PM UTC-4, Terry Coombs wrote:

>>> There is a 3 minute trailer. Their agenda is education about these things and your health.
>>> https://secretingredientsmovie.com/trailer/

>> Â* Well , sorta . Their message is that GMO's are bad . But not
>> (necessarily) because they're GMO's . Mostly because they're doused with
>> Roundup , which is BadShit in my book . My wife's digestive problems all
>> started around the time Roundup came into widespread use . Some plants ,
>> it IS because of GMO genetics - some of them have Bacillus Thurigensis
>> genes which produce a toxin that kills predator insects . That shit
>> ain't good for humans either .

> What's your evidence for that? People inoculate their soil with
> BT all the time. It's a common insecticide for organic gardening
> and farming.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

When used in the soil or sprayed on the plant the toxins are produced
INSIDE THE TARGET INSECT'S BODY and that's where they stay . When those
genes are spliced into a crop plant the toxin is produced by the plant ,
and ingested by us . Simple enough to understand IMO .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/18/2019 6:57 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Terry Coombs" > wrote in message

>>> There is a 3 minute trailer.Â* Their agenda is education about these
>>> things and your health.
>>> https://secretingredientsmovie.com/trailer/

>> Â*Well , sorta . Their message is that GMO's are bad . But not
>> (necessarily) because they're GMO's . Mostly because they're doused
>> with Roundup , which is BadShit in my book . My wife's digestive
>> problems all started around the time Roundup came into widespread use
>> . Some plants , it IS because of GMO genetics - some of them have
>> Bacillus Thurigensis genes which produce a toxin that kills predator
>> insects . That shit ain't good for humans either . Ed , IMO it's
>> worth at least a cursory watch . Play it while you're cooking dinner
>> or something . IMO there's enough evidence that the stuff should be
>> yanked from the market , but the money ... fattest wallet usually
>> wins in these cases .
>> Â*Side note - because they often use Roundup to desiccate wheat just
>> before harvest I use a premium flour to bake all our bread products .
>> Non- GMO and Roundup-free . This year I'm growing some corn out in
>> the garden as a test . We'll see if home grown without Roundup causes
>> her intestinal distress like commercial products do .

> I could be wrong here. I got the movie link from Coast to Coast AM.
> The burgers that were mentioned here were talked about, I think in the
> movie, but it could have been on the radio show. The fake meat is GMO
> to make new kinds of protein and it is not digested well.

Â* I don't recall which SciFi universe it was in , they had a meat
production "creature" that was a cross between a slug and a pig , called
appropriately enough "Slig" . Just a big ol' blob of flesh that they
sliced slabs off of . I wouldn't eat that either ...

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 18 May 2019 05:17:49 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Saturday, May 18, 2019 at 8:07:05 AM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:
>> > wrote in message
>> > On Fri, 17 May 2019 10:02:53 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags

>> > Well Theres no evidence that GMOs effect you health
>> > there is no evidence that organics improve your health

>> Watch the movie. You'll see evidence.

>Since when is a movie "evidence"? Show me the double-blind
>scientific studies.

You can be such a geek.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-05-18 6:17 a.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Saturday, May 18, 2019 at 8:07:05 AM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:
>> > wrote in message
>>> On Fri, 17 May 2019 10:02:53 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags

>>> Well Theres no evidence that GMOs effect you health
>>> there is no evidence that organics improve your health

>> Watch the movie. You'll see evidence.

> Since when is a movie "evidence"? Show me the double-blind
> scientific studies.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

and use a jury composed of scientists in court cases against Bayer!!!!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/17/2019 9:09 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Friday, May 17, 2019 at 5:39:23 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:
>> On 5/17/2019 5:21 PM, wrote:
>>> On Fri, 17 May 2019 10:02:53 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags

https://freeshowing.secretingredient...a-2f4aeb24d347

>>> Well Theres no evidence that GMOs effect you health
>>> there is no evidence that organics improve your health
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

>> Â* I bet you believe in AGW too ...
>>
>> --
>> Snag
>> Yes , I'm old
>> and crochety - and armed .
>> Get outta my woods !

> ROFL!!
>
> I Believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster!!
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpsEUGOoxgI
>
> John Kuthe...

Â* Interesting sideline - Our second oldest grand daughter has been
known to hold " Come to Monster" services for the neighborhood children
(she's like 13 now) where she wears a strainer on her head and preaches
to the kids about being "touched by his noodly appendage" . She's really
freaked some of the kids out with that act , she knows it's BS but she's
good , gets the little monsters all wound up . We "adults" think it's
absolutely hilarious .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/18/2019 7:17 AM, Bruce wrote:
> On Sat, 18 May 2019 05:08:17 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>> > wrote in message
>>> On Fri, 17 May 2019 08:49:59 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags

>>> Here is the lowdown I dont care what the video says...
>>>
>>> GMO's are still in its infancy and there are really no solid results
>>> on effects in the human body.
>>>
>>> Organics is a complete scam, Sure they are a little healthier as in
>>> more vitamins maybe and perhaps a little cleaner. But the little bit
>>> is so little it is hardly even noticeable

>> Organics don't have more vitamins! What they don't have is chemicals!

> Exactly.

Â* One of the problems with organics is that they don't always have the
"eye appeal" and perfect appearance of chemical-doused produce . We can
and do use some chemicals in the garden , mostly anti-fungals and Bt .
Most hard shell insects are controlled by DE , we use nothing "systemic"
and nothing that can't be rinsed off . And we only use those products
when absolutely necessary , not as a preventive measure . When the
garden plants have gotten bigger I plan to make a "tunnel" of chicken
wire to let the hens get to the garden to assist with insect control .
The roosters are doing a pretty good job with the area around the house
since the hens (I counted the votes) elected to evict them from the pen .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, May 18, 2019 at 8:31:41 AM UTC-4, Terry Coombs wrote:
> On 5/18/2019 5:28 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> >> Â* Well , sorta . Their message is that GMO's are bad . But not
> >> (necessarily) because they're GMO's . Mostly because they're doused with
> >> Roundup , which is BadShit in my book . My wife's digestive problems all
> >> started around the time Roundup came into widespread use . Some plants ,
> >> it IS because of GMO genetics - some of them have Bacillus Thurigensis
> >> genes which produce a toxin that kills predator insects . That shit
> >> ain't good for humans either .

> > What's your evidence for that? People inoculate their soil with
> > BT all the time. It's a common insecticide for organic gardening
> > and farming.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton

> When used in the soil or sprayed on the plant the toxins are produced
> INSIDE THE TARGET INSECT'S BODY and that's where they stay . When those
> genes are spliced into a crop plant the toxin is produced by the plant ,
> and ingested by us . Simple enough to understand IMO .

And are the toxins harmful to us? Not every organism is harmed
by the same stuff. Chocolate and dogs comes to mind.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, May 18, 2019 at 8:37:37 AM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
> On Sat, 18 May 2019 05:17:49 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:

> >> Watch the movie. You'll see evidence.

> >Since when is a movie "evidence"? Show me the double-blind
> >scientific studies.

> You can be such a geek.

There's no "can be" about it.

How am I wrong for insisting on the gold standard for scientific
results rather than some crap interpreted by moviemakers?

You might as well get your health information from random Internet
sites. Oh, wait....

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/18/2019 7:35 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
> On 5/18/2019 6:57 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> Â*Well , sorta . Their message is that GMO's are bad . But not
>>> (necessarily) because they're GMO's . Mostly because they're doused
>>> with Roundup , which is BadShit in my book . My wife's digestive
>>> problems all started around the time Roundup came into widespread use
>>> . Some plants , it IS because of GMO genetics - some of them have
>>> Bacillus Thurigensis genes which produce a toxin that kills predator
>>> insects . That shit ain't good for humans either . Ed , IMO it's
>>> worth at least a cursory watch . Play it while you're cooking dinner
>>> or something . IMO there's enough evidence that the stuff should be
>>> yanked from the market , but the money ... fattest wallet usually
>>> wins in these cases .
>>> Â*Side note - because they often use Roundup to desiccate wheat just
>>> before harvest I use a premium flour to bake all our bread products .
>>> Non- GMO and Roundup-free . This year I'm growing some corn out in
>>> the garden as a test . We'll see if home grown without Roundup causes
>>> her intestinal distress like commercial products do .

>> I could be wrong here. I got the movie link from Coast to Coast AM.
>> The burgers that were mentioned here were talked about, I think in the
>> movie, but it could have been on the radio show. The fake meat is GMO
>> to make new kinds of protein and it is not digested well.

> Â* I don't recall which SciFi universe it was in , they had a meat
> production "creature" that was a cross between a slug and a pig , called
> appropriately enough "Slig" . Just a big ol' blob of flesh that they
> sliced slabs off of . I wouldn't eat that either ...

https://dune.fandom.com/wiki/Slig

Posted to rec.food.cooking

graham wrote:
> and use a jury composed of scientists in court cases against Bayer!!!!!

the sooner we put poison manufacturers out of business
the better.

songbird
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/18/2019 8:06 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

> > wrote in message

>>> I got 90% of what I needed to know from the trailer.Â* The movie started
>>> off rather boring and did not entice me to spend a lot of time.
>>>
>>> I'm not in favor of GMO but do not go crazy to get organic.Â* People
>>> often chide Bruce about his ingredient lists, but he is right.Â* We don't
>>> need a lot of that crap and we avoid it.
>>>
>>> Have you heard of the Feingold Diet?Â* Very similar to avoid
>>> preservatives and artificial colors.Â* Made quite a difference in my
>>> son's behavior as a child. especially red food coloring, you could pick
>>> him off the ceiling.

>> LOL red food coloring has been proven to have no effect on
>> hyperactivity in children

> Proof?

CK can laugh but I've seen it happen. Made a mistake once and let him
get a cherry water ice. Did not take long at all for the reaction. Not
saying evey kid is affected but some sure are.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-05-18 10:55 a.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>>> LOL red food coloring has been proven to have no effect on
>>> hyperactivity in children

>> Proof?

> CK can laugh but I've seen it happen.Â* Made a mistake once and let him
> get a cherry water ice.Â* Did not take long at all for the reaction.Â* Not
> saying evey kid is affected but some sure are.

I know that when one of my son's friends came to ours for a sleepover or
b/day party, we had to make sure that everything was free of colorants
et al. He was a severe ADHD and on Ritalin. A little ketchup would send
him "flying"!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 18 May 2019 07:32:27 -0500, Terry Coombs >
wrote:

>On 5/18/2019 5:28 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>>> * Well , sorta . Their message is that GMO's are bad . But not
>>> (necessarily) because they're GMO's . Mostly because they're doused with
>>> Roundup , which is BadShit in my book . My wife's digestive problems all
>>> started around the time Roundup came into widespread use . Some plants ,
>>> it IS because of GMO genetics - some of them have Bacillus Thurigensis
>>> genes which produce a toxin that kills predator insects . That shit
>>> ain't good for humans either .

>> What's your evidence for that? People inoculate their soil with
>> BT all the time. It's a common insecticide for organic gardening
>> and farming.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton

>When used in the soil or sprayed on the plant the toxins are produced
>INSIDE THE TARGET INSECT'S BODY and that's where they stay . When those
>genes are spliced into a crop plant the toxin is produced by the plant ,
>and ingested by us . Simple enough to understand IMO .

BT toxins are not activated within humans.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/18/2019 12:55 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 5/18/2019 8:06 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> > wrote in message

>>> LOL red food coloring has been proven to have no effect on
>>> hyperactivity in children

>> Proof?

> CK can laugh but I've seen it happen.Â* Made a mistake once and let him
> get a cherry water ice.Â* Did not take long at all for the reaction.Â* Not
> saying evey kid is affected but some sure are.

Didn't they ban red food dye #7 or some such thing decades ago? Well
before anyone thought about GMO's and "organic" labels or Roundup?

Jill