Old 17-05-2019, 04:46 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default rent a shopping cart, no major brands and bag your own away from the cashier

that sounds like fun. They're not here yet and I think I'll stick
with Winco
https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2019...ces/index.html

Old 17-05-2019, 05:27 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, May 17, 2019 at 11:46:14 AM UTC-4, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
that sounds like fun. They're not here yet and I think I'll stick
with Winco
https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2019...ces/index.html

It's not shopping cart rental. It's a deposit so you'll bring the
cart back to a central location to get your quarter back.

Remember returnable bottles and cans? Kind of like that.

Cindy Hamilton
Old 17-05-2019, 05:34 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/17/2019 11:46 AM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

that sounds like fun. They're not here yet and I think I'll stick
with Winco
https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2019...ces/index.html

Tried Aldi a couple of times but did not like them. The meats were all
prepackaged injected stuff. I don't drink milk but my grandson did not
like their brand.

I've been shopping at Publix since we moved. Their prices are not the
best but the service is tops. I'm willing to pay for the convenience.
I also watch for the BOGO deals.
Old 17-05-2019, 06:21 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/17/2019 11:46 AM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

that sounds like fun. They're not here yet and I think I'll stick
with Winco
https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2019...ces/index.html

Tried Aldi a couple of times but did not like them. The meats were all
prepackaged injected stuff. I don't drink milk but my grandson did not
like their brand.

I've been shopping at Publix since we moved. Their prices are not the
best but the service is tops. I'm willing to pay for the convenience.
I also watch for the BOGO deals.

I do like Publix when we are down in Florida, and I also really like The
Fresh Market as well. I just wished one was closer to the house. I
generally try to tack it on to a Target UTC run, which is about 20 minutes
away. Have you been to the new Detwilers Farm Market there yet?

Old 17-05-2019, 07:10 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/17/2019 1:21 PM, Jinx the Minx wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/17/2019 11:46 AM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

that sounds like fun. They're not here yet and I think I'll stick
with Winco
https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2019...ces/index.html

Tried Aldi a couple of times but did not like them. The meats were all
prepackaged injected stuff. I don't drink milk but my grandson did not
like their brand.

I've been shopping at Publix since we moved. Their prices are not the
best but the service is tops. I'm willing to pay for the convenience.
I also watch for the BOGO deals.

I do like Publix when we are down in Florida, and I also really like The
Fresh Market as well. I just wished one was closer to the house. I
generally try to tack it on to a Target UTC run, which is about 20 minutes
away. Have you been to the new Detwilers Farm Market there yet?

Yes, Detwilers has some good stuff. I was amazed at the seafood
selection. The store on 301 is about 7 miles south of me. I won't go
on a Saturday though, very busy.

Old 17-05-2019, 10:36 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[...]

You must be a tiny bit more north than I thought, because thats about 5
miles south for us! I havent been to the house in Florida much at all
this year myself with so many school and sports activities going on at home
this year, so I havent had a chance to go there yet. Ill be down in June
though so will have to check it out. Ill have to ask DH if hes been
there yet, since hes down there at least a couple times a month. Hes not
much of a cook, so Im doubtful. LOL

Old Yesterday, 08:52 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"U.S. Janet B." wrote in message

that sounds like fun. They're not here yet and I think I'll stick
with Winco
https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2019...ces/index.html

Aldi has always been that way.

Old Yesterday, 08:59 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, May 18, 2019 at 2:52:37 PM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:
"U.S. Janet B." wrote in message

that sounds like fun. They're not here yet and I think I'll stick
with Winco
https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2019...ces/index.html

Aldi has always been that way.

DA-YUM!!!! What the hell would we do without you, Ju-Ju if you didn't buzz
by with all these terribly enlightening posts?!?!?!?! Woo-boy, are we ever
lucky!

Old Yesterday, 11:27 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

A deposit on shopping carts has been around for many decades. I first came across it in a
Chicago suburb in the 80s. ;-))

N.
Old Today, 12:12 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/18/2019 6:27 PM, Nancy2 wrote:
A deposit on shopping carts has been around for many decades. I first came across it in a
Chicago suburb in the 80s. ;-))

N.

Many people are ignorant and lazy. They won't take even a few steps to
return a cart, nor will most take a cart from the lot to the store on
the way in.

I'm fussy where I park to avoid carts banging into my car. At WalMart,
the safest place is right next to the cart return as there are never
carts there, just spread all over. About a week ago I grabbed a cart
off the grass to take in with me. Bonus was a pocket book loaded with
credit cards. I took it to the service desk and someone had just called
about it.

Old Today, 01:47 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, May 18, 2019 at 1:13:01 PM UTC-10, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/18/2019 6:27 PM, Nancy2 wrote:
A deposit on shopping carts has been around for many decades. I first came across it in a
Chicago suburb in the 80s. ;-))

N.

Many people are ignorant and lazy. They won't take even a few steps to
return a cart, nor will most take a cart from the lot to the store on
the way in.

I'm fussy where I park to avoid carts banging into my car. At WalMart,
the safest place is right next to the cart return as there are never
carts there, just spread all over. About a week ago I grabbed a cart
off the grass to take in with me. Bonus was a pocket book loaded with
credit cards. I took it to the service desk and someone had just called
about it.

I will take a cart from the parking lot into the store. It's my way of making the world a better place or at least leaving it the same way it was.