FoodBanter.com

-   -   Golden Syrup in US (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/446957-golden-syrup-us.html)

[email protected] 17-05-2019 02:00 PM

Golden Syrup in US

I think it maybe the equivalent of fancy molasses x I live in the uk and found a recipe that called for fancy molasses,after some studying I think these 2 are probably the same .x

Julie Bove[_2_] 18-05-2019 01:09 PM

Golden Syrup in US

> wrote in message
>I think it maybe the equivalent of fancy molasses x I live in the uk and
>found a recipe that called for fancy molasses,after some studying I think
>these 2 are probably the same .x

Not even close. Corn syrup would be closer. We can get golden syrup here but
it's not widely available.

[email protected] 18-05-2019 03:31 PM

Golden Syrup in US

On Sat, 18 May 2019 05:09:20 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> wrote in message
>>I think it maybe the equivalent of fancy molasses x I live in the uk and
>>found a recipe that called for fancy molasses,after some studying I think
>>these 2 are probably the same .x

>Not even close. Corn syrup would be closer. We can get golden syrup here but
>it's not widely available.

Excellent price, 4 tins:
https://www.amazon.com/Lyles-Golden-...s%2C241&sr=8-2

Jean B.[_1_] 27-05-2019 03:59 AM

Golden Syrup in US

wrote:
> I think it maybe the equivalent of fancy molasses x I live in the uk and found a recipe that called for fancy molasses,after some studying I think these 2 are probably the same .x

Probably more like treacle.

[email protected] 27-05-2019 02:09 PM

Golden Syrup in US

On Sun, 26 May 2019 22:59:59 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:

wrote:
>> I think it maybe the equivalent of fancy molasses x I live in the uk and found a recipe that called for fancy molasses,after some studying I think these 2 are probably the same .x

>Probably more like treacle.

Golden syrup and treacle are both sold at Amazon.

Ophelia[_16_] 27-05-2019 02:20 PM

Golden Syrup in US

"Jean B." wrote in message ...

wrote:
> I think it maybe the equivalent of fancy molasses x I live in the uk and
> found a recipe that called for fancy molasses,after some studying I think
> these 2 are probably the same .x

Probably more like treacle.

==

Treacle is dark though.

Dave Smith[_1_] 27-05-2019 02:21 PM

Golden Syrup in US

On 2019-05-17 9:00 a.m., wrote:
> I think it maybe the equivalent of fancy molasses x I live in the uk
> and found a recipe that called for fancy molasses,after some studying
> I think these 2 are probably the same .x

It is not all like fancy molasses.The taste and texture is more is like
corn syrup. Molasses is thicker and much stronger tasting.