FoodBanter.com

-   -   Big 'ol Plate fo Whoopass (Red beans, Sausage, Rice) (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/446954-big-ol-plate-fo.html)

Sqwertz[_53_] 17-05-2019 02:42 AM

Big 'ol Plate fo Whoopass (Red beans, Sausage, Rice)

I was ketchuping up today here and saw posts about -l not L and (-L
not l?) and red beans and rice. So I took quick mental inventory of
the kitchen and said, "I could do that for dinner". And I did.

https://i.postimg.cc/y81vvp2W/Red-Be...ce-Sausage.jpg

Who'll be the first to bitch? Bring it on! Jebus, you out there?
I loved that last post of yours but haven't seen you since. If you
can make me LOL twice in one year, you're God to me.

-sw

U.S. Janet B. 17-05-2019 05:57 AM

Big 'ol Plate fo Whoopass (Red beans, Sausage, Rice)

On Thu, 16 May 2019 20:42:36 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>I was ketchuping up today here and saw posts about -l not L and (-L
>not l?) and red beans and rice. So I took quick mental inventory of
>the kitchen and said, "I could do that for dinner". And I did.
>
>https://i.postimg.cc/y81vvp2W/Red-Be...ce-Sausage.jpg
>
>Who'll be the first to bitch? Bring it on! Jebus, you out there?
>I loved that last post of yours but haven't seen you since. If you
>can make me LOL twice in one year, you're God to me.
>
>-sw

that looks pretty good. We have beans one way or another a least once
a week. Supposed to be good for you :)
Janet US

Bruce[_28_] 17-05-2019 06:29 AM

Big 'ol Plate fo Whoopass (Red beans, Sausage, Rice)

On Thu, 16 May 2019 22:57:11 -0600, U.S. Janet B. >
wrote:

>On Thu, 16 May 2019 20:42:36 -0500, Sqwertz >
>wrote:
>
>>I was ketchuping up today here and saw posts about -l not L and (-L
>>not l?) and red beans and rice. So I took quick mental inventory of
>>the kitchen and said, "I could do that for dinner". And I did.
>>
>>https://i.postimg.cc/y81vvp2W/Red-Be...ce-Sausage.jpg
>>
>>Who'll be the first to bitch? Bring it on! Jebus, you out there?
>>I loved that last post of yours but haven't seen you since. If you
>>can make me LOL twice in one year, you're God to me.
>>
>>-sw

>that looks pretty good. We have beans one way or another a least once
>a week. Supposed to be good for you :)

Beans, red cabbage, oats and broccoli :)

Sqwertz[_53_] 17-05-2019 08:59 PM

Big 'ol Plate fo Whoopass (Red beans, Sausage, Rice)

On Thu, 16 May 2019 22:57:11 -0600, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> On Thu, 16 May 2019 20:42:36 -0500, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
>>I was ketchuping up today here and saw posts about -l not L and (-L
>>not l?) and red beans and rice. So I took quick mental inventory of
>>the kitchen and said, "I could do that for dinner". And I did.
>>
>>https://i.postimg.cc/y81vvp2W/Red-Be...ce-Sausage.jpg
>>
>>Who'll be the first to bitch? Bring it on! Jebus, you out there?
>>I loved that last post of yours but haven't seen you since. If you
>>can make me LOL twice in one year, you're God to me.
>>
>>-sw

> that looks pretty good. We have beans one way or another a least once
> a week. Supposed to be good for you :)
> Janet US

I guess I gotta plug these. They're #$1.24/can here, and I get a
pound of rice free with each can ($.80/value). They're pretty
good,a nd I was out of rice anyway. So now I have 4 pounds of rice
and beans for $.44/can.

-sw

https://bushbeans.com/en_US/products/savory-beans

Bruce[_28_] 17-05-2019 09:41 PM

Big 'ol Plate fo Whoopass (Red beans, Sausage, Rice)

On Fri, 17 May 2019 14:59:44 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Thu, 16 May 2019 22:57:11 -0600, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>
>> that looks pretty good. We have beans one way or another a least once
>> a week. Supposed to be good for you :)
>> Janet US

>I guess I gotta plug these. They're #$1.24/can here, and I get a
>pound of rice free with each can ($.80/value). They're pretty
>good,a nd I was out of rice anyway. So now I have 4 pounds of rice
>and beans for $.44/can.

And then there are people who say God doesn't exist.

Cindy Hamilton[_2_] 18-05-2019 11:07 AM

On Friday, May 17, 2019 at 4:41:15 PM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
> On Fri, 17 May 2019 14:59:44 -0500, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
> >On Thu, 16 May 2019 22:57:11 -0600, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> >
> >> that looks pretty good. We have beans one way or another a least once
> >> a week. Supposed to be good for you :)
> >> Janet US

> >I guess I gotta plug these. They're #$1.24/can here, and I get a
> >pound of rice free with each can ($.80/value). They're pretty
> >good,a nd I was out of rice anyway. So now I have 4 pounds of rice
> >and beans for $.44/can.

> And then there are people who say God doesn't exist.

I know you think we're obsessed with money, but what's wrong
with getting a discount on something we were going to buy anyway?

Cindy Hamilton

Bruce[_28_] 18-05-2019 01:14 PM

Big 'ol Plate fo Whoopass (Red beans, Sausage, Rice)

On Sat, 18 May 2019 03:07:11 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Friday, May 17, 2019 at 4:41:15 PM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
>> On Fri, 17 May 2019 14:59:44 -0500, Sqwertz >
>> wrote:

>> >I guess I gotta plug these. They're #$1.24/can here, and I get a
>> >pound of rice free with each can ($.80/value). They're pretty
>> >good,a nd I was out of rice anyway. So now I have 4 pounds of rice
>> >and beans for $.44/can.

>> And then there are people who say God doesn't exist.

>I know you think we're obsessed with money, but what's wrong
>with getting a discount on something we were going to buy anyway?

Maybe Sqwertz is a single mom with 14 children. Of course she needs
her rice and beans on special!

Cindy Hamilton[_2_] 18-05-2019 01:21 PM

On Saturday, May 18, 2019 at 8:14:23 AM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
> On Sat, 18 May 2019 03:07:11 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
> >On Friday, May 17, 2019 at 4:41:15 PM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:

> >> And then there are people who say God doesn't exist.

> >I know you think we're obsessed with money, but what's wrong
> >with getting a discount on something we were going to buy anyway?

> Maybe Sqwertz is a single mom with 14 children. Of course she needs
> her rice and beans on special!

I don't mind buying stuff on special. If I see, let's say, canned
tomatoes on special I might buy an extra can or three (depending on
how good the discount really is).

Cindy Hamilton

U.S. Janet B. 18-05-2019 02:40 PM

Big 'ol Plate fo Whoopass (Red beans, Sausage, Rice)

On Sat, 18 May 2019 05:21:06 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:
snip!

>I don't mind buying stuff on special. If I see, let's say, canned
>tomatoes on special I might buy an extra can or three (depending on
>how good the discount really is).
>
>Cindy Hamilton

why not if you use the item anyway? One could argue that those people
who insist on buying just what they need at the time are wasting fuel
as they run out to do frequent shopping.