Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dinner Tonight: Salmon patties

> wrote in message
> On Sunday, May 12, 2019 at 4:30:23 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, 12 May 2019 14:06:15 -0700 (PDT), "
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >That's probably one of the reason Ju-Ju's husband left her and her
>> >constant
>> >whining about what she does and does like and her 10,000 failures in the
>> >kitchen. He probably also got tired of hearing "that's not available
>> >here,
>> >nobody in the state eats that, restaurants here don't serve that."

>> How low can you sink, Joan.
>>

> After reading years of Ju-Ju's whiny posts and the fact that her husband
> was
> never home, working she said, it's not hard to imagine why he left. So,
> no
> sinking to low depths, just surmising.

FOAD Joan. My past relationships are none of your business. You just seem to
love making things up and talking about people you don't know.

My current guy cooks everything from scratch. Even bread and pizza. You'd
best not start bad mouthing him! That would not go over well at all.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 5/12/2019 6:08 PM, wrote:
>> On Sunday, May 12, 2019 at 4:30:23 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>>>
>>> On Sun, 12 May 2019 14:06:15 -0700 (PDT), "

>>> How low can you sink, Joan.
>>>

>> After reading years of Ju-Ju's whiny posts and the fact that her husband
>> was
>> never home, working she said, it's not hard to imagine why he left. So,
>> no
>> sinking to low depths, just surmising.
>>

> Years and years. We all heard the tales about how he was never there or
> he picked up something to eat on the way home. The writing was on the
> wall when she kept posting about how no one would eat what she cooked. All
> the failures. Her "champions" tend to ignore or conveniently forget those
> posts. Meanwhile, if I choose to steam veggies it's somehow an
> abomination. Go figure.

Buy a clue people! He was here sometimes but... When he moved out of state,
WE chose not to move with him. You keep trying to twist it the other way
around.

Do any of you have a life? It would seem that you don't. You just take cheap
pot shots at other people's lives.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> jmcquown wrote:
>> Meanwhile, if I choose to steam veggies it's somehow an
>> abomination. Go figure.

> Steaming veggies is fine. Microwaving veggies with a lid is also
> an equally good way to do it.
>
> You went wrong when you admitted to steaming a thick steak on the
> stovetop with a lid rather then finishing it off in an oven.
>
> You tried to recover your comment by saying the lid had vents.
> Still steaming, Jill. Fail!@

OMG! She steamed a steak!? That's just wrong!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
news
> On Sun, 12 May 2019 18:00:09 -0400, jmcquown >
> wrote:

>>Whose husband is Greg talking about? I divorced mine in 1984.
>>
>>> That's probably one of the reason Ju-Ju's husband left her and her
>>> constant
>>> whining about what she does and does like and her 10,000 failures in the
>>> kitchen. He probably also got tired of hearing "that's not available
>>> here,
>>> nobody in the state eats that, restaurants here don't serve that."
>>>

>>I remember many posts where she said her husband didn't like or wouldn't
>>eat what she cooked. He'd pick up something on his way home from work.
>>If she did happen upon something everyone liked, she'd cook a whole
>>bunch of it. Then she'd complain because they didn't want to eat the
>>same thing day after day. Variety is *not* her forte.
>>
>>Jill

> Gardener varietals seem to be her forte... this is a cooking grope...
> why do we need to know which garderner she's bedding each night?

I'm not bedding any gardener. My guy is an electrical engineer.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-05-14 1:48 a.m., Julie Bove wrote:

> "Gary" > wrote in message
>> jmcquown wrote:
>>> Meanwhile, if I choose to steam veggies it's somehow an
>>> abomination.Â* Go figure.

>> Steaming veggies is fine. Microwaving veggies with a lid is also
>> an equally good way to do it.
>>
>> You went wrong when you admitted to steaming a thick steak on the
>> stovetop with a lid rather then finishing it off in an oven.
>>
>> You tried to recover your comment by saying the lid had vents.
>> Still steaming, Jill. Fail!@

> OMG! She steamed a steak!? That's just wrong!

That is rich, coming from the woman who cooks meat as when she gets home
from the grocery store and then freezes it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-05-14 1:51 a.m., Julie Bove wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>

>> I remember many posts where she said her husband didn't like or
>> wouldn't eat what she cooked.Â* He'd pick up something on his way home
>> from work. If she did happen upon something everyone liked, she'd cook
>> a whole bunch of it.Â* Then she'd complain because they didn't want to
>> eat the same thing day after day.Â* Variety is *not* her forte.

> You are such a liar! I posted ONE time that he stopped for Pho. He
> didn't pick it up. He ate it there.
>
> I've also posted the countless times that he had me cook for his family.
> I even made ravioli from scratch. They all came to eat when I visited
> because they loved my cooking.
>
> Your memory is sooo faulty.

Nothing faulty about her memory. You posted more than once about him
stopping to eat on the way home. You posted many times about how your
husband and daughter would not or could not eat the food that you have
cooked.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-05-14 1:52 a.m., Julie Bove wrote:

> > wrote in message

>> Gardener varietals seem to be her forte... this is a cooking grope...
>> why do we need to know which garderner she's bedding each night?

> I'm not bedding any gardener. My guy is an electrical engineer.

That's why he is always pulling his wire.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> As for the Princess thing... Yep. I am a Princess and I deserve to be
> treated as such. I say that all the time because it's true.

At least you admit to it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> Yes, I agree! Cheri was a dear friend to me and I miss her dreadfully.
> I still have a nice photo of her I keep on my desktop.

Would you be willing to send me a copy?
I always like to actually see who I talk to on a regular basis.
Hey, I've had one of you for years. I'll bet you didn't know
about that, did you?

Most recent pic of me is now just a bit over 10 years old. I
still look about the same, just with a bit of aging. I posted it
here back then. The one at my daughter's wedding and they just
celebrated their 10-year anniversary last month.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"U.S. Janet B." wrote:

> On Sun, 12 May 2019 21:02:28 -0400, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
> snip
> >>

> >I'm not trying to push salmon patties on anyone. Like them, don't like
> >them. All I did was post about what I made for dinner and how I made
> >them. Terribly sorry it was about *food* and *cooking*. I've got no
> >idea why it led to a discussionabout whether or not I steam or lightly
> >salt anything. Note: I didn't steam the salmon patties. LOL Might as
> >well complain about the oil I use to pan fry them. Or pan frying, for
> >that matter. Heh.
> >
> >Jill

> Nice try getting the group back on food. :-(

Keep in mind that JILL wanders off topic as much as most people
here. RFC revolves around food but is not limited to that. When
you get to "kind of" know people, it's only natural to talk about
other things too. I have no problem with that. Keeps the group
interesting, imo.

All the food-only groups are dead now or maybe went to Facebook.

Also, RFC has always been known as hostile. Post at your own
risk. At least half the people will disagree or critisize your
food choices. No worries.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Gary's Split Pea Soup copy (WAS: Dinner Tonight: Salmon patties)

"U.S. Janet B." wrote:

> Pea soup is a simple dish. My mental taste buds rebel at adding such
> a huge amount of sweet potato to a pleasant soup.

Think beyond your box, maybe. It sounded odd to me but I trusted
a "Fresh Market" recipe and it was much better than I imagined.
Pea soup with no ham and sweet potato? And a vegan soup too? yeah
right. But I tried it and was pleasantly surprised. That's the
only version I make now. It's *that* good to me.

Note: a friend of mine once tried it but couldn't resist adding
some ham. It was very tasty too.

Well heck. I'm making another batch as I write. This time I'm
changing it a bit. Only to add a cup or so of frozen whole petite
peas near the end of cooking. I'm sure that won't hurt at all.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, May 14, 2019 at 12:44:51 AM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:

> FOAD Joan. My past relationships are none of your business. You just seem to
> love making things up and talking about people you don't know.
>
> My current guy cooks everything from scratch. Even bread and pizza. You'd
> best not start bad mouthing him! That would not go over well at all.

Make up your stupid mind, bitch. First you want recipes, which you readily
reject, to cook for Hay-Zeus who lives in the shed with his main squeeze.
Now you're trying to tell use HE does all the cooking. Ménage Ã* trois or
is she relegated to the shed with your worn out vibrator?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, May 14, 2019 at 11:36:36 AM UTC-5, Janet wrote:

> Try to keep up. Julie has two men in her life, My Gardener (lives in
> shed, picky eater), and My Boyfriend/Current Guy (cooks from scratch,
> must not be badmouthed OR ELSE).
>
> Janet UK

Yeah, she could get violent and hit me with can of beans or limp celery.

Hmmmmmm, could still be a ménage Ã* trois.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
news
> On 2019-05-14 1:48 a.m., Julie Bove wrote:

>>> Steaming veggies is fine. Microwaving veggies with a lid is also
>>> an equally good way to do it.
>>>
>>> You went wrong when you admitted to steaming a thick steak on the
>>> stovetop with a lid rather then finishing it off in an oven.
>>>
>>> You tried to recover your comment by saying the lid had vents.
>>> Still steaming, Jill. Fail!@

>> OMG! She steamed a steak!? That's just wrong!

> That is rich, coming from the woman who cooks meat as when she gets home
> from the grocery store and then freezes it.

I did that once.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
news
> On 2019-05-14 1:51 a.m., Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "jmcquown" > wrote in message

>>> I remember many posts where she said her husband didn't like or wouldn't
>>> eat what she cooked. He'd pick up something on his way home from work.
>>> If she did happen upon something everyone liked, she'd cook a whole
>>> bunch of it. Then she'd complain because they didn't want to eat the
>>> same thing day after day. Variety is *not* her forte.

>> You are such a liar! I posted ONE time that he stopped for Pho. He didn't
>> pick it up. He ate it there.
>>
>> I've also posted the countless times that he had me cook for his family.
>> I even made ravioli from scratch. They all came to eat when I visited
>> because they loved my cooking.
>>
>> Your memory is sooo faulty.

> Nothing faulty about her memory. You posted more than once about him
> stopping to eat on the way home. You posted many times about how your
> husband and daughter would not or could not eat the food that you have
> cooked.

Bull pucky.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> As for the Princess thing... Yep. I am a Princess and I deserve to be
>> treated as such. I say that all the time because it's true.

> At least you admit to it.

Yep!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
On Tuesday, May 14, 2019 at 12:44:51 AM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:

> FOAD Joan. My past relationships are none of your business. You just seem
> love making things up and talking about people you don't know.
>
> My current guy cooks everything from scratch. Even bread and pizza. You'd
> best not start bad mouthing him! That would not go over well at all.

Make up your stupid mind, bitch. First you want recipes, which you readily
reject, to cook for Hay-Zeus who lives in the shed with his main squeeze.
Now you're trying to tell use HE does all the cooking. Ménage Ã* trois or
is she relegated to the shed with your worn out vibrator?

---

Nobody lives in the shed. Jesus lives one street over but to the side of me.
He painted my house and the backhouse. I didn't say that my guy does the
cooking at *my* house. We do not live together.

You are nasty. Just all kinds of nasty. I'm glad you live far away from me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
On Tuesday, May 14, 2019 at 11:36:36 AM UTC-5, Janet wrote:

> Try to keep up. Julie has two men in her life, My Gardener (lives in
> shed, picky eater), and My Boyfriend/Current Guy (cooks from scratch,
> must not be badmouthed OR ELSE).
>
> Janet UK

Yeah, she could get violent and hit me with can of beans or limp celery.

Hmmmmmm, could still be a ménage Ã* trois.

Now we all know what you do for fun!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/13/2019 10:25 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>> I'm not even going to attempt to crop this one so sorry for
>> posting it all. That said:

I cropped it for you. You're welcome. LOL

>> Idiot Jill has no clue to what I cook other than pea soup.
>> Jill thinks pea soup looks like vomit and won't try it.
>> That's a princess thing. Daddy's little spoiled girl.
>> Cindy thinks it smells like vomit.
>> Joan thinks it's disgusting.
>>
>> My opinion...none of these girls knows how to cook pea soup. lol

> If we don't like it, why should we cook it?
>
> I've hated it all my life, no matter who makes it.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

I never said I hated split pea soup. All I did was say what I think it
*looks* like. I wouldn't have saved the recipe if I wasn't, at some
point, willing to try it or a variation. It likely would likely be sans
sweet potatoes or butternut squash, because, like JanetB said, it
doesn't seem to belong in pea soup. I'd want to try the unadulterated
version first to see if I like the taste.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-05-14 4:13 p.m., Julie Bove wrote:

> "Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> news

>>> OMG! She steamed a steak!? That's just wrong!

>> That is rich, coming from the woman who cooks meat as when she gets
>> home from the grocery store and then freezes it.

> I did that once.

Oh? The way you posted about it made it pretty clear that you always
did that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 14 May 2019 10:04:52 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, May 14, 2019 at 11:36:36 AM UTC-5, Janet wrote:
>>
>> Try to keep up. Julie has two men in her life, My Gardener (lives in
>> shed, picky eater), and My Boyfriend/Current Guy (cooks from scratch,
>> must not be badmouthed OR ELSE).
>>
>> Janet UK
>>

>Yeah, she could get violent and hit me with can of beans or limp celery.
>
>Hmmmmmm, could still be a ménage à trois.

This morning I bought a gorgeous bunch of Foxy celery, long thick
stalks... a huge bunch of crispy bok choy, a five pound bag of jumbo
sweet onions and a five pound bag of the most humongous carrots. a
good 2"+ diam. and 8-9 inches long... can I join yoose gals, please.
pretty please... can yoose fit me in?

Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Sheldon wrote:

> On Tue, 14 May 2019 10:04:52 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
> >On Tuesday, May 14, 2019 at 11:36:36 AM UTC-5, Janet wrote:
> >>
> >> Try to keep up. Julie has two men in her life, My Gardener (lives in
> >> shed, picky eater), and My Boyfriend/Current Guy (cooks from scratch,
> >> must not be badmouthed OR ELSE).
> >>
> >> Janet UK
> >>

> >Yeah, she could get violent and hit me with can of beans or limp celery.
> >
> >Hmmmmmm, could still be a ménage Ã* trois.

> This morning I bought a gorgeous bunch of Foxy celery, long thick
> stalks... a huge bunch of crispy bok choy, a five pound bag of jumbo
> sweet onions and a five pound bag of the most humongous carrots. a
> good 2"+ diam. and 8-9 inches long... can I join yoose gals, please.
> pretty please... can yoose fit me in?

Don't forget the gigantor tub of garlic - flavored lube, lol...

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> On 2019-05-14 4:13 p.m., Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "Dave Smith" > wrote in message
>> news

>>> That is rich, coming from the woman who cooks meat as when she gets home
>>> from the grocery store and then freezes it.

>> I did that once.

> Oh? The way you posted about it made it pretty clear that you always did
> that.

More bull.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jill, when you try split pea soup, smooth it out with a stick blender, you will like it
better, IMO. ;-))

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 14 May 2019 16:01:49 -0700 (PDT), GM
> wrote:

>Sheldon wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 14 May 2019 10:04:52 -0700 (PDT), "
>> > wrote:

>> >Yeah, she could get violent and hit me with can of beans or limp celery.
>> >
>> >Hmmmmmm, could still be a ménage à trois.

>> This morning I bought a gorgeous bunch of Foxy celery, long thick
>> stalks... a huge bunch of crispy bok choy, a five pound bag of jumbo
>> sweet onions and a five pound bag of the most humongous carrots. a
>> good 2"+ diam. and 8-9 inches long... can I join yoose gals, please.
>> pretty please... can yoose fit me in?

>Don't forget the gigantor tub of garlic - flavored lube, lol...

Ripe bananas, 39¢/lb... mashed they are slippier than KY... and
readily available organic.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-05-14 7:49 p.m., Julie Bove wrote:

> "Dave Smith" > wrote in message
>> On 2019-05-14 4:13 p.m., Julie Bove wrote:
>>>
>>> "Dave Smith" > wrote in message
>>> news

>>> I did that once.

>> Oh?Â* The way you posted about it made it pretty clear that you always
>> did that.

> More bull.

I keep telling you that you should stick to telling the truth because it
is easier to remember it and keep it straight.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> On 2019-05-14 7:49 p.m., Julie Bove wrote:

>>> Oh? The way you posted about it made it pretty clear that you always did
>>> that.

>> More bull.

> I keep telling you that you should stick to telling the truth because it
> is easier to remember it and keep it straight.

I don't care what you keep telling me. You make things up, and say horrible
things about your niece.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy2 wrote:

> Jill, when you try split pea soup, smooth it out with a stick blender, you will like it
> better, IMO. ;-))

Doubtful, Nancy2. Food is often judged well with food that has
different textures and also a different taste that shows up in a
bite of one ingredient.

All blended together? Do you make your family a Thanksgiving
dinner then blend it all into mush to drink from a straw? I
didn't think so.

Variety of texture and taste is what makes good food.

Food that you can drink from a straw is good for pre-teeth babies
and for adults going through serious oral surgeries.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, May 16, 2019 at 10:03:55 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> Nancy2 wrote:
> >
> > Jill, when you try split pea soup, smooth it out with a stick blender, you will like it
> > better, IMO. ;-))

> Doubtful, Nancy2. Food is often judged well with food that has
> different textures and also a different taste that shows up in a
> bite of one ingredient.
>
> All blended together? Do you make your family a Thanksgiving
> dinner then blend it all into mush to drink from a straw? I
> didn't think so.
>
> Variety of texture and taste is what makes good food.

And you don't need to get that all in one dish. A smooth soup
and a crunchy salad will fit the bill nicely.

> Food that you can drink from a straw is good for pre-teeth babies
> and for adults going through serious oral surgeries.

That's just your opinion. Pureed soups are very common.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On Thursday, May 16, 2019 at 10:03:55 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> > Nancy2 wrote:
> > >
> > > Jill, when you try split pea soup, smooth it out with a stick blender, you will like it
> > > better, IMO. ;-))

> > Doubtful, Nancy2. Food is often judged well with food that has
> > different textures and also a different taste that shows up in a
> > bite of one ingredient.
> >
> > All blended together? Do you make your family a Thanksgiving
> > dinner then blend it all into mush to drink from a straw? I
> > didn't think so.
> >
> > Variety of texture and taste is what makes good food.

> And you don't need to get that all in one dish. A smooth soup
> and a crunchy salad will fit the bill nicely.
>
> > Food that you can drink from a straw is good for pre-teeth babies
> > and for adults going through serious oral surgeries.

> That's just your opinion. Pureed soups are very common.

Of course it's just my opinion but I won't ever do that.
Pureed soups are so blah to me.

When I first made Vichyssoise using the exact
New York Times cookbook recipe, it was so good.
What I did NOT do though was to puree it then chill it.
I ate it chunky and hot. I loved it.

A cold pureed soup is such a fail, imo.

Years ago, I tried Jill's "signature" roasted butternut squash
soup. It was good enough but not good enough to make it since. I
sure as hell didn't puree it. Gag. Better chunky.

I prefer not to drink my meals. Sorry.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, May 16, 2019 at 10:32:27 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> > > Doubtful, Nancy2. Food is often judged well with food that has
> > > different textures and also a different taste that shows up in a
> > > bite of one ingredient.
> > >
> > > All blended together? Do you make your family a Thanksgiving
> > > dinner then blend it all into mush to drink from a straw? I
> > > didn't think so.
> > >
> > > Variety of texture and taste is what makes good food.

> > And you don't need to get that all in one dish. A smooth soup
> > and a crunchy salad will fit the bill nicely.
> >
> > > Food that you can drink from a straw is good for pre-teeth babies
> > > and for adults going through serious oral surgeries.

> > That's just your opinion. Pureed soups are very common.

> Of course it's just my opinion but I won't ever do that.
> Pureed soups are so blah to me.
>
> When I first made Vichyssoise using the exact
> New York Times cookbook recipe, it was so good.
> What I did NOT do though was to puree it then chill it.
> I ate it chunky and hot. I loved it.
>
> A cold pureed soup is such a fail, imo.
>
> Years ago, I tried Jill's "signature" roasted butternut squash
> soup. It was good enough but not good enough to make it since. I
> sure as hell didn't puree it. Gag. Better chunky.
>
> I prefer not to drink my meals. Sorry.

Tomato soup? Good old Campbell's?

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/16/2019 10:16 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Thursday, May 16, 2019 at 10:03:55 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
>> Nancy2 wrote:
>>>
>>> Jill, when you try split pea soup, smooth it out with a stick blender, you will like it
>>> better, IMO. ;-))

>> All blended together? Do you make your family a Thanksgiving
>> dinner then blend it all into mush to drink from a straw? I
>> didn't think so.
>>
>> Variety of texture and taste is what makes good food.

> And you don't need to get that all in one dish. A smooth soup
> and a crunchy salad will fit the bill nicely.
>
>> Food that you can drink from a straw is good for pre-teeth babies
>> and for adults going through serious oral surgeries.

Oh good lord.

> That's just your opinion. Pureed soups are very common.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Nancy2 suggested a stick blender, not that I should turn the split pea
soup into a smoothie. LOL

Sometimes I use a stick blender, other times an actual blender,
depending upon how I want the consistency of the soup (or
sauce/marinade). BTW, there are different settings on the blender, just
like a food processor.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/16/2019 10:32 AM, Gary wrote:
> Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>>> Doubtful, Nancy2. Food is often judged well with food that has
>>> different textures and also a different taste that shows up in a
>>> bite of one ingredient.
>>>
>>> All blended together? Do you make your family a Thanksgiving
>>> dinner then blend it all into mush to drink from a straw? I
>>> didn't think so.
>>>
>>> Variety of texture and taste is what makes good food.

>> And you don't need to get that all in one dish. A smooth soup
>> and a crunchy salad will fit the bill nicely.
>>
>>> Food that you can drink from a straw is good for pre-teeth babies
>>> and for adults going through serious oral surgeries.

>> That's just your opinion. Pureed soups are very common.

> Of course it's just my opinion but I won't ever do that.
> Pureed soups are so blah to me.

Then I'd say you have to step up the seasonings! The act of pureeing
doesnt make soup bland.

> When I first made Vichyssoise using the exact
> New York Times cookbook recipe, it was so good.
> What I did NOT do though was to puree it then chill it.
> I ate it chunky and hot. I loved it.
>
> A cold pureed soup is such a fail, imo.

I don't like cold soup, either. I love hot potato soup. Potato leek
soup is expecially good. But it has to be hot. And gee, it can still
have some pieces of potato and leek. Just please, not huge chunks
unless that's what I intended.

> Years ago, I tried Jill's "signature" roasted butternut squash
> soup. It was good enough but not good enough to make it since. I
> sure as hell didn't puree it. Gag. Better chunky.

Okay... so you didn't actually make my soup. Not if you didn't puree
it. BTW, if you roasted the squash before you spooned it out of the
shell I don't see how it could have come out "chunky".

> I prefer not to drink my meals. Sorry.

Yeah, you keep sayng that. Regardless of the soup, I eat it with a
spoon. Sorry.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/16/2019 11:06 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> Tomato soup? Good old Campbell's?
>
> Cindy Hamilton

LOL! No pureed or smooth soups. Of course he sometimes mentions using
Campbell's cream of mushroom soup to cook with. It's kind of chunky, I
guess. I don't really know.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I just don't like lumps of peas in split pea soup, thanks. I get texture from the soda crackers
I crumble up and drop into the soup. I eat those before they get soggy, crumbling a
few at a time. ;-))

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 16 May 2019 10:32:16 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>> > Doubtful, Nancy2. Food is often judged well with food that has
>> > different textures and also a different taste that shows up in a
>> > bite of one ingredient.
>> >
>> > All blended together? Do you make your family a Thanksgiving
>> > dinner then blend it all into mush to drink from a straw? I
>> > didn't think so.
>> >
>> > Variety of texture and taste is what makes good food.

>> And you don't need to get that all in one dish. A smooth soup
>> and a crunchy salad will fit the bill nicely.
>>
>> > Food that you can drink from a straw is good for pre-teeth babies
>> > and for adults going through serious oral surgeries.

>> That's just your opinion. Pureed soups are very common.

>Of course it's just my opinion but I won't ever do that.
>Pureed soups are so blah to me.
>
>When I first made Vichyssoise using the exact
>New York Times cookbook recipe, it was so good.
>What I did NOT do though was to puree it then chill it.
>I ate it chunky and hot. I loved it.
>
>A cold pureed soup is such a fail, imo.
>
>Years ago, I tried Jill's "signature" roasted butternut squash
>soup. It was good enough but not good enough to make it since. I
>sure as hell didn't puree it. Gag. Better chunky.
>
>I prefer not to drink my meals. Sorry.

I don't like anything pureed (Gerbers baby food). I like winter
squash, but well roasted, never as soup. The only cold soup I enjoy
is Manochewitz beet borscht, with diced cucumber, and garnished with a
large dollop of sour cream and some sliced hard boiled eggs and or
sliced boiled new potatoes. The only room temp soup I've eaten was
long ago, teenageer days, arriving home late. loaded, and famished,
Campbells soup from the can... any variety, Manhattan clam chowder was
a favorite