Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default "Impossible" burger.

Has anyone, here, tried the new "Impossible" burger?

I didn't realize the significance of it, thinking it was only the name
of a new type of meat burger that had become "trendy". Now, I realize
it is actually a new "veggie" burger outta Silly-Con Valley that
promises to revolutionize the beef industry.

Izzit true? Anyone?

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 10 May 2019 07:46:50 -0600, notbob wrote:

> Has anyone, here, tried the new "Impossible" burger?
>
> I didn't realize the significance of it, thinking it was only the name
> of a new type of meat burger that had become "trendy".

You mean, like, from a new kind of animal?

> Now, I realize
> it is actually a new "veggie" burger outta Silly-Con Valley that
> promises to revolutionize the beef industry.

Has any new veggie burger "revolutionized the beef industry"? And
why would it? It might have a .001% effect on the "ground beef
industry", but I don't exactly see anyone shaking in their boots
when it costs $4/more per pound at the restaurant level.

BTW, the other one is "Beyond Meat". I forget which one is which,
but they both "feed" each other in terms of marketing and awareness
and awareness.

The only thing this they both do is make it clear that Vegetarians
Want Meat. Vegetarians NEED meat. Vegetarians should JUST EAT
MEAT!

-ww
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, May 10, 2019 at 3:46:55 AM UTC-10, notbob wrote:
> Has anyone, here, tried the new "Impossible" burger?
>
> I didn't realize the significance of it, thinking it was only the name
> of a new type of meat burger that had become "trendy". Now, I realize
> it is actually a new "veggie" burger outta Silly-Con Valley that
> promises to revolutionize the beef industry.
>
> Izzit true? Anyone?
>
> nb

I've tried the Beyond Burger. My guess is that it's the kind of stuff the young people are looking for.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/02/busin...ing/index.html
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 10 May 2019 11:38:53 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Fri, 10 May 2019 07:46:50 -0600, notbob wrote:
>
>> Has anyone, here, tried the new "Impossible" burger?
>>
>> I didn't realize the significance of it, thinking it was only the name
>> of a new type of meat burger that had become "trendy".

>You mean, like, from a new kind of animal?
>
>> Now, I realize
>> it is actually a new "veggie" burger outta Silly-Con Valley that
>> promises to revolutionize the beef industry.

>Has any new veggie burger "revolutionized the beef industry"? And
>why would it? It might have a .001% effect on the "ground beef
>industry", but I don't exactly see anyone shaking in their boots
>when it costs $4/more per pound at the restaurant level.
>
>BTW, the other one is "Beyond Meat". I forget which one is which,
>but they both "feed" each other in terms of marketing and awareness
>and awareness.
>
>The only thing this they both do is make it clear that Vegetarians
>Want Meat. Vegetarians NEED meat. Vegetarians should JUST EAT
>MEAT!

Well said sir, As a full fledged meat eating vegan I just want to say
that meat eating is not just your run of the mill kill and feed bill.
It is an ART. Have you ever watched some of those People that murder
some of those poor innocent bunnies, oh the poor poor bunnies I weep
for you. But these people, chefs if you will chop these buggers up,
filet them and dice and ground the dead carcass until it is ready to
be thrown in the searing oil or put in the blazing hot oven, only then
to be presented to you as a masterpiece of dead animal that tastes
like heaven.

Meat is murder!! but it still tastes delicious!

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 10 May 2019 07:46:50 -0600, notbob > wrote:

>Has anyone, here, tried the new "Impossible" burger?
>
>I didn't realize the significance of it, thinking it was only the name
>of a new type of meat burger that had become "trendy". Now, I realize
>it is actually a new "veggie" burger outta Silly-Con Valley that
>promises to revolutionize the beef industry.
>
>Izzit true? Anyone?
>
>nb

I am sure it is just ground up tofu with a little of that
wishuponastar sauce, I mean winchester sauce, no wait worcestershire
sauce

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 10 May 2019 07:46:50 -0600, notbob wrote:
>
>> Has anyone, here, tried the new "Impossible" burger?
>>
>> I didn't realize the significance of it, thinking it was only the name
>> of a new type of meat burger that had become "trendy".

> You mean, like, from a new kind of animal?
>
>> Now, I realize
>> it is actually a new "veggie" burger outta Silly-Con Valley that
>> promises to revolutionize the beef industry.

> Has any new veggie burger "revolutionized the beef industry"? And
> why would it? It might have a .001% effect on the "ground beef
> industry", but I don't exactly see anyone shaking in their boots
> when it costs $4/more per pound at the restaurant level.
>
> BTW, the other one is "Beyond Meat". I forget which one is which,
> but they both "feed" each other in terms of marketing and awareness
> and awareness.
>
> The only thing this they both do is make it clear that Vegetarians
> Want Meat. Vegetarians NEED meat. Vegetarians should JUST EAT
> MEAT!
>
> -ww

Angela wanted to try the Beyond burger. She liked the first couple of bites
then threw it down and said it was disgusting. I tried a tiny bite and it
was disgusting. Weirdly soft texture. Like a Vienna sausage. Weird flavor
too!

I do like the Sunshine black bean burger but it's not pretending to be meat.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-05-10 3:35 p.m., Julie Bove wrote:

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>> On Fri, 10 May 2019 07:46:50 -0600, notbob wrote:
>>
>>> Has anyone, here, tried the new "Impossible" burger?
>>>
>>> I didn't realize the significance of it, thinking it was only the name
>>> of a new type of meat burger that had become "trendy".

>> You mean, like, from a new kind of animal?
>>
>>> Now, I realize
>>> it is actually a new "veggie" burger outta Silly-Con Valley that
>>> promises to revolutionize the beef industry.

>> Has any new veggie burger "revolutionized the beef industry"?Â* And
>> why would it?Â* It might have a .001% effect on the "ground beef
>> industry", but I don't exactly see anyone shaking in their boots
>> when it costs $4/more per pound at the restaurant level.
>>
>> BTW, the other one is "Beyond Meat".Â* I forget which one is which,
>> but they both "feed" each other in terms of marketing and awareness
>> and awareness.
>>
>> The only thing this they both do is make it clear that Vegetarians
>> Want Meat.Â* Vegetarians NEED meat.Â* Vegetarians should JUST EAT
>> MEAT!
>>
>> -ww

> Angela wanted to try the Beyond burger. She liked the first couple of
> bites then threw it down and said it was disgusting.

Wow. That is really amazing. She liked the first couple of bites but
then threw it down and said that it was disgusting. What exactly was it
that turned it from something good to something disgusting in just a
couple bites?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Dave Smith
> wrote:

> Wow. That is really amazing. She liked the first couple of bites but
> then threw it down and said that it was disgusting. What exactly was it
> that turned it from something good to something disgusting in just a
> couple bites?

It might be like a extra hot jalapeño. The first bite or two reminds me
of sweet bell pepper. Then the mistake kicks in.

leo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

writes:
>On 2019-05-10 3:35 p.m., Julie Bove wrote:

>>> You mean, like, from a new kind of animal?

>>> Has any new veggie burger "revolutionized the beef industry"?A And
>>> why would it?A It might have a .001% effect on the "ground beef
>>> industry", but I don't exactly see anyone shaking in their boots
>>> when it costs $4/more per pound at the restaurant level.
>>>
>>> BTW, the other one is "Beyond Meat".A I forget which one is which,
>>> but they both "feed" each other in terms of marketing and awareness
>>> and awareness.
>>>
>>> The only thing this they both do is make it clear that Vegetarians
>>> Want Meat.A Vegetarians NEED meat.A Vegetarians should JUST EAT
>>> MEAT!
>>>
>>> -ww

>> Angela wanted to try the Beyond burger. She liked the first couple of
>> bites then threw it down and said it was disgusting.

>Wow. That is really amazing. She liked the first couple of bites but
>then threw it down and said that it was disgusting. What exactly was it
>that turned it from something good to something disgusting in just a
>couple bites?

it was kind of like that for me with that hot pocket except the part
about liking the first two bites

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 10 May 2019 14:15:22 -0700, Leonard Blaisdell
> wrote:

>In article >, Dave Smith
> wrote:
>
>> Wow. That is really amazing. She liked the first couple of bites but
>> then threw it down and said that it was disgusting. What exactly was it
>> that turned it from something good to something disgusting in just a
>> couple bites?

>It might be like a extra hot jalapeño. The first bite or two reminds me
>of sweet bell pepper. Then the mistake kicks in.

Or the bonus.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 10 May 2019 16:35:01 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2019-05-10 3:35 p.m., Julie Bove wrote:

>>> You mean, like, from a new kind of animal?

>>> Has any new veggie burger "revolutionized the beef industry"?* And
>>> why would it?* It might have a .001% effect on the "ground beef
>>> industry", but I don't exactly see anyone shaking in their boots
>>> when it costs $4/more per pound at the restaurant level.
>>>
>>> BTW, the other one is "Beyond Meat".* I forget which one is which,
>>> but they both "feed" each other in terms of marketing and awareness
>>> and awareness.
>>>
>>> The only thing this they both do is make it clear that Vegetarians
>>> Want Meat.* Vegetarians NEED meat.* Vegetarians should JUST EAT
>>> MEAT!
>>>
>>> -ww

>> Angela wanted to try the Beyond burger. She liked the first couple of
>> bites then threw it down and said it was disgusting.

>Wow. That is really amazing. She liked the first couple of bites but
>then threw it down and said that it was disgusting. What exactly was it
>that turned it from something good to something disgusting in just a
>couple bites?

I'd call that a Compost Burger... the food freaks need to come up with
their own names for the fake food they eat.. stealing burger says they
eat beef, a burger is ALWAYS beef... to me "vegan" is a UFO Alien, no
way no how are they human. Call them latkes, no way they are burgers.
Vegies/Vegans are a bunch of SICKO Hijackers!... and not a one of them
can cook anything, NADA, ZERO. ZILCH!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> On 2019-05-10 3:35 p.m., Julie Bove wrote:

>>> You mean, like, from a new kind of animal?

>>> Has any new veggie burger "revolutionized the beef industry"? And
>>> why would it? It might have a .001% effect on the "ground beef
>>> industry", but I don't exactly see anyone shaking in their boots
>>> when it costs $4/more per pound at the restaurant level.
>>>
>>> BTW, the other one is "Beyond Meat". I forget which one is which,
>>> but they both "feed" each other in terms of marketing and awareness
>>> and awareness.
>>>
>>> The only thing this they both do is make it clear that Vegetarians
>>> Want Meat. Vegetarians NEED meat. Vegetarians should JUST EAT
>>> MEAT!
>>>
>>> -ww

>> Angela wanted to try the Beyond burger. She liked the first couple of
>> bites then threw it down and said it was disgusting.

> Wow. That is really amazing. She liked the first couple of bites but then
> threw it down and said that it was disgusting. What exactly was it that
> turned it from something good to something disgusting in just a couple
> bites?

I have no idea. I asked her and she couldn't tell me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Leonard Blaisdell" > wrote in message
> In article >, Dave Smith
> > wrote:
>
>> Wow. That is really amazing. She liked the first couple of bites but
>> then threw it down and said that it was disgusting. What exactly was it
>> that turned it from something good to something disgusting in just a
>> couple bites?

> It might be like a extra hot jalapeño. The first bite or two reminds me
> of sweet bell pepper. Then the mistake kicks in.

That could be. I've eaten things like that. I once made a bean and kale
soup. The first few bites were good but the seasonings built up rapidly. I
had followed the recipe and initially followed the recipe, thinking the
seasonings seemed off. And they were! I have made it since, but seasoned to
taste.

Some years ago, had the same thing happen at a Chicago style pizza place in
Seattle. The culprit there was garlic. My SIL and I both dropped our slices
at about the same time and began fanning our mouths. Nobody else had a
problem with it but it was far too much garlic for us.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"tert in seattle" > wrote in message
> writes:

>>> Angela wanted to try the Beyond burger. She liked the first couple of
>>> bites then threw it down and said it was disgusting.

>>Wow. That is really amazing. She liked the first couple of bites but
>>then threw it down and said that it was disgusting. What exactly was it
>>that turned it from something good to something disgusting in just a
>>couple bites?

> it was kind of like that for me with that hot pocket except the part
> about liking the first two bites

Heh. I'm the same with Pop Tarts. I can eat a frosted cherry one if nothing
else is available but the others? Ick.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

If we weren't meant to eat animals, they wouldn't be made out of meat.
True dat.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 10 May 2019 07:46:50 -0600, notbob > wrote:

>Has anyone, here, tried the new "Impossible" burger?
>
>I didn't realize the significance of it, thinking it was only the name
>of a new type of meat burger that had become "trendy". Now, I realize
>it is actually a new "veggie" burger outta Silly-Con Valley that
>promises to revolutionize the beef industry.
>
>Izzit true? Anyone?

I don't eat marketing. So no, I haven't tried it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 10 May 2019 16:25:21 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Leonard Blaisdell" > wrote in message
t...
>> In article >, Dave Smith
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Wow. That is really amazing. She liked the first couple of bites but
>>> then threw it down and said that it was disgusting. What exactly was it
>>> that turned it from something good to something disgusting in just a
>>> couple bites?

>> It might be like a extra hot jalapeño. The first bite or two reminds me
>> of sweet bell pepper. Then the mistake kicks in.

>That could be. I've eaten things like that. I once made a bean and kale
>soup. The first few bites were good but the seasonings built up rapidly. I
>had followed the recipe and initially followed the recipe, thinking the
>seasonings seemed off. And they were! I have made it since, but seasoned to
>taste.
>
>Some years ago, had the same thing happen at a Chicago style pizza place in
>Seattle. The culprit there was garlic. My SIL and I both dropped our slices
>at about the same time and began fanning our mouths. Nobody else had a
>problem with it but it was far too much garlic for us.

There's no such thing as too much garlic.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 11 May 2019 12:08:36 +1000, Jeßus > wrote:

>On Fri, 10 May 2019 16:25:21 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:
>

>>"Leonard Blaisdell" > wrote in message
et...
>>> In article >, Dave Smith

>>> It might be like a extra hot jalapeño. The first bite or two reminds me
>>> of sweet bell pepper. Then the mistake kicks in.

>>That could be. I've eaten things like that. I once made a bean and kale
>>soup. The first few bites were good but the seasonings built up rapidly. I
>>had followed the recipe and initially followed the recipe, thinking the
>>seasonings seemed off. And they were! I have made it since, but seasoned to
>>taste.
>>
>>Some years ago, had the same thing happen at a Chicago style pizza place in
>>Seattle. The culprit there was garlic. My SIL and I both dropped our slices
>>at about the same time and began fanning our mouths. Nobody else had a
>>problem with it but it was far too much garlic for us.

>There's no such thing as too much garlic.

I find it hard to imagine too.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 10 May 2019 19:04:25 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
> wrote:

>If we weren't meant to eat animals, they wouldn't be made out of meat.
>True dat.

Humans are made out of meat too. I guess you're a cannibal.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/10/2019 10:08 PM, Je�us wrote:
> On Fri, 10 May 2019 16:25:21 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>> "Leonard Blaisdell" > wrote in message
>>> In article >, Dave Smith

>>> It might be like a extra hot jalapeño. The first bite or two reminds me
>>> of sweet bell pepper. Then the mistake kicks in.

>> That could be. I've eaten things like that. I once made a bean and kale
>> soup. The first few bites were good but the seasonings built up rapidly. I
>> had followed the recipe and initially followed the recipe, thinking the
>> seasonings seemed off. And they were! I have made it since, but seasoned to
>> taste.
>>
>> Some years ago, had the same thing happen at a Chicago style pizza place in
>> Seattle. The culprit there was garlic. My SIL and I both dropped our slices
>> at about the same time and began fanning our mouths. Nobody else had a
>> problem with it but it was far too much garlic for us.

> There's no such thing as too much garlic.

It depends on the dish. I love garlic but don't want it heavy on a
pizza. I've had actual Chicago pizza dining *in* Chicago. IHMO it
wasn't anything to write home about but it also didn't have too much
garlic. She's talking about pizza from a who knows what pizza joint in
Seattle.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> I've had actual Chicago pizza dining *in* Chicago.

Well, aren't YOU special? lol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 11 May 2019 06:47:38 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> I've had actual Chicago pizza dining *in* Chicago.

>Well, aren't YOU special? lol

Hey, she's a biddy. She doesn't get around much. She prefers to read
her book and eat her steamed vegetables. Lightly salted.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:

> On Sat, 11 May 2019 12:08:36 +1000, Jeßus > wrote:
>
> >On Fri, 10 May 2019 16:25:21 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
> >

> >>"Leonard Blaisdell" > wrote in message
> et...

> >>That could be. I've eaten things like that. I once made a bean and kale
> >>soup. The first few bites were good but the seasonings built up rapidly. I
> >>had followed the recipe and initially followed the recipe, thinking the
> >>seasonings seemed off. And they were! I have made it since, but seasoned to
> >>taste.
> >>
> >>Some years ago, had the same thing happen at a Chicago style pizza place in
> >>Seattle. The culprit there was garlic. My SIL and I both dropped our slices
> >>at about the same time and began fanning our mouths. Nobody else had a
> >>problem with it but it was far too much garlic for us.

> >There's no such thing as too much garlic.

> I find it hard to imagine too.

I always thought that too until I tried one recipe calling for
like 15 garlic cloves smashed and minced. As I was making the
dish, I thought, "This is too much." I was right, it was too
much. Half as much would have been better.

Back to the subject line. NOW would be a good time for an
ingredient list, Bruce. Just what goes into an "Impossible
burger" non-meat patty? Not meat but it might be scary.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:

> On Sat, 11 May 2019 06:47:38 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
> >jmcquown wrote:
> >>
> >> I've had actual Chicago pizza dining *in* Chicago.

> >Well, aren't YOU special? lol

> Hey, she's a biddy. She doesn't get around much. She prefers to read
> her book and eat her steamed vegetables. Lightly salted.

Just reponding to let her see what you said. Killfile people are
babies that can't deal with reality, imo.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, May 11, 2019 at 7:47:58 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> Bruce wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, 11 May 2019 12:08:36 +1000, Jeßus > wrote:

> > et...

> > >There's no such thing as too much garlic.

> > I find it hard to imagine too.

> I always thought that too until I tried one recipe calling for
> like 15 garlic cloves smashed and minced. As I was making the
> dish, I thought, "This is too much." I was right, it was too
> much. Half as much would have been better.
>
> Back to the subject line. NOW would be a good time for an
> ingredient list, Bruce. Just what goes into an "Impossible
> burger" non-meat patty? Not meat but it might be scary.

I will oblige:

Water, Soy Protein Concentrate, Coconut Oil, Sunflower Oil, Natural Flavors, 2% or less of: Potato Protein, Methylcellulose, Yeast Extract, Cultured Dextrose, Food Starch Modified, Soy Leghemoglobin, Salt, Soy Protein Isolate, Mixed Tocopherols (Vitamin E), Zinc Gluconate, Thiamine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B1), Sodium Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Niacin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Vitamin B12.

<https://faq.impossiblefoods.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018937494-What-are-the-ingredients->

The meatiness must come from Soy Leghemoglobin.

I'd rather eat meat.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On Saturday, May 11, 2019 at 7:47:58 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> > Bruce wrote:

> > > et...

> > > I find it hard to imagine too.

> > I always thought that too until I tried one recipe calling for
> > like 15 garlic cloves smashed and minced. As I was making the
> > dish, I thought, "This is too much." I was right, it was too
> > much. Half as much would have been better.
> >
> > Back to the subject line. NOW would be a good time for an
> > ingredient list, Bruce. Just what goes into an "Impossible
> > burger" non-meat patty? Not meat but it might be scary.

> I will oblige:
>
> Water, Soy Protein Concentrate, Coconut Oil, Sunflower Oil, Natural Flavors, 2% or less of: Potato Protein, Methylcellulose, Yeast Extract, Cultured Dextrose, Food Starch Modified, Soy Leghemoglobin, Salt, Soy Protein Isolate, Mixed Tocopherols (Vitamin E), Zinc Gluconate, Thiamine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B1), Sodium Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Niacin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Vitamin B12.
>
> <https://faq.impossiblefoods.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018937494-What-are-the-ingredients->
>
> The meatiness must come from Soy Leghemoglobin.
>
> I'd rather eat meat.

Me too. I'd rather eat a 73% fat ground steer. What else are they
good for anyway?

Thanks Cindy.
Interesting that it contains no mushrooms. They are a good
substitute.

Even mouse burgers are quite tasty if you can stand all the prep
involved in processing so many of the little fellows.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce, that quote belongs to someone else, didn't keep track. that is why it is in quotes.

But humans being made out of meat is why I live in the northern Midwest. Meat keeps
longer in the cold. ;-))

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-05-10 8:08 p.m., Je�us wrote:
> On Fri, 10 May 2019 16:25:21 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>> "Leonard Blaisdell" > wrote in message
>>> In article >, Dave Smith

>>> It might be like a extra hot jalapeño. The first bite or two reminds me
>>> of sweet bell pepper. Then the mistake kicks in.

>> That could be. I've eaten things like that. I once made a bean and kale
>> soup. The first few bites were good but the seasonings built up rapidly. I
>> had followed the recipe and initially followed the recipe, thinking the
>> seasonings seemed off. And they were! I have made it since, but seasoned to
>> taste.
>>
>> Some years ago, had the same thing happen at a Chicago style pizza place in
>> Seattle. The culprit there was garlic. My SIL and I both dropped our slices
>> at about the same time and began fanning our mouths. Nobody else had a
>> problem with it but it was far too much garlic for us.

> There's no such thing as too much garlic.

I dunno! Try Szechuan-style Eggplant. Your breath not only stinks for a
week but you perspire garlic-scented sweat as well.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, May 11, 2019 at 8:44:04 AM UTC-4, graham wrote:
> On 2019-05-10 8:08 p.m., Je�us wrote:
> > On Fri, 10 May 2019 16:25:21 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > > wrote:

> >> That could be. I've eaten things like that. I once made a bean and kale
> >> soup. The first few bites were good but the seasonings built up rapidly. I
> >> had followed the recipe and initially followed the recipe, thinking the
> >> seasonings seemed off. And they were! I have made it since, but seasoned to
> >> taste.
> >>
> >> Some years ago, had the same thing happen at a Chicago style pizza place in
> >> Seattle. The culprit there was garlic. My SIL and I both dropped our slices
> >> at about the same time and began fanning our mouths. Nobody else had a
> >> problem with it but it was far too much garlic for us.

> > There's no such thing as too much garlic.
> >

> I dunno! Try Szechuan-style Eggplant. Your breath not only stinks for a
> week but you perspire garlic-scented sweat as well.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jeßus" wrote in message ...

On Fri, 10 May 2019 16:25:21 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Leonard Blaisdell" > wrote in message
t...
>> In article >, Dave Smith
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Wow. That is really amazing. She liked the first couple of bites but
>>> then threw it down and said that it was disgusting. What exactly was it
>>> that turned it from something good to something disgusting in just a
>>> couple bites?

>> It might be like a extra hot jalapeño. The first bite or two reminds me
>> of sweet bell pepper. Then the mistake kicks in.

>That could be. I've eaten things like that. I once made a bean and kale
>soup. The first few bites were good but the seasonings built up rapidly. I
>had followed the recipe and initially followed the recipe, thinking the
>seasonings seemed off. And they were! I have made it since, but seasoned to
>taste.
>
>Some years ago, had the same thing happen at a Chicago style pizza place in
>Seattle. The culprit there was garlic. My SIL and I both dropped our slices
>at about the same time and began fanning our mouths. Nobody else had a
>problem with it but it was far too much garlic for us.

There's no such thing as too much garlic.

===

Not for me, but hubby would disagree)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message

On Saturday, May 11, 2019 at 7:47:58 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> Bruce wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, 11 May 2019 12:08:36 +1000, Jeßus > wrote:

> > et...

> > >There's no such thing as too much garlic.

> > I find it hard to imagine too.

> I always thought that too until I tried one recipe calling for
> like 15 garlic cloves smashed and minced. As I was making the
> dish, I thought, "This is too much." I was right, it was too
> much. Half as much would have been better.
>
> Back to the subject line. NOW would be a good time for an
> ingredient list, Bruce. Just what goes into an "Impossible
> burger" non-meat patty? Not meat but it might be scary.

I will oblige:

Water, Soy Protein Concentrate, Coconut Oil, Sunflower Oil, Natural Flavors,
2% or less of: Potato Protein, Methylcellulose, Yeast Extract, Cultured
Dextrose, Food Starch Modified, Soy Leghemoglobin, Salt, Soy Protein
Isolate, Mixed Tocopherols (Vitamin E), Zinc Gluconate, Thiamine
Hydrochloride (Vitamin B1), Sodium Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Niacin, Pyridoxine
Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Vitamin B12.

<https://faq.impossiblefoods.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018937494-What-are-the-ingredients->

The meatiness must come from Soy Leghemoglobin.

I'd rather eat meat.

Cindy Hamilton
===

Agreed! I eat very little meat, but the idea of 'pretendy meat' put me
right off!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy2" wrote in message

If we weren't meant to eat animals, they wouldn't be made out of meat.
True dat.

N.

==

<g>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-05-10 10:42 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
> On 5/10/2019 10:08 PM, Je�us wrote:

>> There's no such thing as too much garlic.
>>

> It depends on the dish.Â* I love garlic but don't want it heavy on a
> pizza.Â* I've had actual Chicago pizza dining *in* Chicago.Â* IHMO it
> wasn't anything to write home about but it also didn't have too much
> garlic.Â* She's talking about pizza from a who knows what pizza joint in
> Seattle.

When I do my shrimp and asparagus pasta stir fry I use at least one
large clove of garlic per person. It is chopped and sauteed until golden
brown. I have limited tolerance for raw garlic. It is one of the few
things that gives me heartburn.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/11/2019 7:50 AM, Gary wrote:
> Bruce wrote:

>>> Well, aren't YOU special? lol

>> Hey, she's a biddy. She doesn't get around much. She prefers to read
>> her book and eat her steamed vegetables. Lightly salted.

> Just reponding to let her see what you said. Killfile people are
> babies that can't deal with reality, imo.

Bruce's comments have very little to do with reality, Gary. It's about
time you stopped being his cheerleader. You also very conveniently snip
relevent replies.

I don't get around much? Then what the hell was I doing in Chicago? I
had some wonderful calamari while I was there and a pasta dish with
mussels and garlic. I like garlic a lot but there is such a thing as
too much garlic.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/11/2019 7:55 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Saturday, May 11, 2019 at 7:47:58 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
>> Bruce wrote:

>>> I find it hard to imagine too.

>> I always thought that too until I tried one recipe calling for
>> like 15 garlic cloves smashed and minced. As I was making the
>> dish, I thought, "This is too much." I was right, it was too
>> much. Half as much would have been better.
>>
>> Back to the subject line. NOW would be a good time for an
>> ingredient list, Bruce. Just what goes into an "Impossible
>> burger" non-meat patty? Not meat but it might be scary.

> I will oblige:
>
> Water, Soy Protein Concentrate, Coconut Oil, Sunflower Oil, Natural Flavors, 2% or less of: Potato Protein, Methylcellulose, Yeast Extract, Cultured Dextrose, Food Starch Modified, Soy Leghemoglobin, Salt, Soy Protein Isolate, Mixed Tocopherols (Vitamin E), Zinc Gluconate, Thiamine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B1), Sodium Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Niacin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Vitamin B12.
>
> <https://faq.impossiblefoods.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018937494-What-are-the-ingredients->
>
> The meatiness must come from Soy Leghemoglobin.
>
> I'd rather eat meat.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

You'll note all the added vitamins. Without them, the fake meat has no
nutritional value. Might as well eat some wet cardboard.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, May 11, 2019 at 11:00:16 AM UTC-4, jmcquown wrote:
> On 5/11/2019 7:55 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> >> I always thought that too until I tried one recipe calling for
> >> like 15 garlic cloves smashed and minced. As I was making the
> >> dish, I thought, "This is too much." I was right, it was too
> >> much. Half as much would have been better.
> >>
> >> Back to the subject line. NOW would be a good time for an
> >> ingredient list, Bruce. Just what goes into an "Impossible
> >> burger" non-meat patty? Not meat but it might be scary.

> > I will oblige:
> >
> > Water, Soy Protein Concentrate, Coconut Oil, Sunflower Oil, Natural Flavors, 2% or less of: Potato Protein, Methylcellulose, Yeast Extract, Cultured Dextrose, Food Starch Modified, Soy Leghemoglobin, Salt, Soy Protein Isolate, Mixed Tocopherols (Vitamin E), Zinc Gluconate, Thiamine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B1), Sodium Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Niacin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Vitamin B12.
> >
> > <https://faq.impossiblefoods.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018937494-What-are-the-ingredients->
> >
> > The meatiness must come from Soy Leghemoglobin.
> >
> > I'd rather eat meat.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton
> >

> You'll note all the added vitamins. Without them, the fake meat has no
> nutritional value. Might as well eat some wet cardboard.
>
> Jill

I was just mulling at what price point would I stop eating meat
or eat it only very rarely. Assuming no other change in my
finances or inflation, I think it might be around $30/pound in
2019 dollars.

Then again, I can get eight servings out of a pound (if there's
no fat or bone to be trimmed away), so that's $3.75 per serving.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/11/2019 4:00 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 5/11/2019 7:55 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>
>> Water, Soy Protein Concentrate, Coconut Oil, Sunflower Oil, Natural
>> Flavors, 2% or less of: Potato Protein, Methylcellulose, Yeast

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> Extract, Cultured Dextrose, Food Starch Modified, Soy Leghemoglobin,
>> Salt, Soy Protein Isolate, Mixed Tocopherols (Vitamin E), Zinc
>> Gluconate, Thiamine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B1), Sodium Ascorbate
>> (Vitamin C), Niacin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Riboflavin
>> (Vitamin B2), Vitamin B12.
>> <https://faq.impossiblefoods.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018937494-What-are-the-ingredients->
>> The meatiness must come from Soy Leghemoglobin.
>> I'd rather eat meat.

> You'll note all the added vitamins. Without them, the fake meat has no
> nutritional value. Might as well eat some wet cardboard.

I suppose that'll be the methylcellulose?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/11/2019 12:29 PM, S Viemeister wrote:
> On 5/11/2019 4:00 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>> On 5/11/2019 7:55 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>
>>> Water, Soy Protein Concentrate, Coconut Oil, Sunflower Oil, Natural
>>> Flavors, 2% or less of: Potato Protein, Methylcellulose, Yeast

> Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>> Extract, Cultured Dextrose, Food Starch Modified, Soy Leghemoglobin,
>>> Salt, Soy Protein Isolate, Mixed Tocopherols (Vitamin E), Zinc
>>> Gluconate, Thiamine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B1), Sodium Ascorbate
>>> (Vitamin C), Niacin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Riboflavin
>>> (Vitamin B2), Vitamin B12.
>>> <https://faq.impossiblefoods.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018937494-What-are-the-ingredients->
>>>
>>> The meatiness must come from Soy Leghemoglobin.
>>> I'd rather eat meat.

>> You'll note all the added vitamins.Â* Without them, the fake meat has no
>> nutritional value.Â* Might as well eat some wet cardboard.
>>

> I suppose that'll be the methylcellulose?

Ah yes! Wood fiber. Yummy!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> I was just mulling at what price point would I stop eating meat
> or eat it only very rarely. Assuming no other change in my
> finances or inflation, I think it might be around $30/pound in
> 2019 dollars.
>
> Then again, I can get eight servings out of a pound (if there's
> no fat or bone to be trimmed away), so that's $3.75 per serving.

Yup, I'd agree with your sentiments here...I just got a Christmas ham (which was cheap anyways) outta the freezer, that will be good for many, many meals...I generally use meat as an "adjunct" ingredient nowadays, might eat a nice steak only several times per year...one small pork sirloin roast I can get a goodly number meals out of, etc....

As I grow older, my appetite is less (though you wouldn't know it from looking at me, lol...). I eat a big - gish work lunch, primarily brown rice/veg/small quantity of meat, some days no meat at all. Breakfast is small, sometimes I do not even eat at night, not that hungry...

The last time I remember peeps being concerned about the price of meat was in the early 70's, IIRC inflation was high. Even in our rural area, I remember my mom and others talking about it, we'd eat cheaper cuts instead of the more expensive...

--
Best
Greg