Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default "Impossible" burger.

dsi1 wrote:

> On Monday, June 3, 2019 at 11:57:05 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> >
> > Thanks That sounds like it might be tasty poured over other things
> > too)
> >
> > Today I am making seafood fried rice. What would you add to that?

> Oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar, and sesame oil would work fine for a Chinese style fried rice. There's all kinds of fried rice around here. These days I'm partial to making fried rice with kim chee. It's kind of a thing around here.
>
> https://i.pinimg.com/originals/07/e8...64ea0c9596.jpg

I have a question here. How do you make a still juicy fried egg
sunny side up? By time you get the whites all cooked, the yolk is
usually over cooked and not so juicy. That egg looked about
perfect though. Must be about cooking temperature.

I like a juicy egg over certain dishes but I always do a quick
over-easy to finish the raw white part and still leave the yolk
nice and juicy. Presentation isn't as good but it works well.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 04 Jun 2019 10:09:27 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>dsi1 wrote:
>>
>> On Monday, June 3, 2019 at 11:57:05 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
>> >
>> > Thanks That sounds like it might be tasty poured over other things
>> > too)
>> >
>> > Today I am making seafood fried rice. What would you add to that?

>> Oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar, and sesame oil would work fine for a Chinese style fried rice. There's all kinds of fried rice around here. These days I'm partial to making fried rice with kim chee. It's kind of a thing around here.
>>
>> https://i.pinimg.com/originals/07/e8...64ea0c9596.jpg

>I have a question here. How do you make a still juicy fried egg
>sunny side up? By time you get the whites all cooked, the yolk is
>usually over cooked and not so juicy. That egg looked about
>perfect though. Must be about cooking temperature.
>
>I like a juicy egg over certain dishes but I always do a quick
>over-easy to finish the raw white part and still leave the yolk
>nice and juicy. Presentation isn't as good but it works well.

Very moderate heat to start. When the whites start to firm up and go
white, add about a teaspoon of water, cover with a lid and reduce the
heat to low. Check every 30-45 secs for degree of doneness you
prefer.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Boron Elgar wrote:

> Gary wrote:
> >I have a question here. How do you make a still juicy fried egg
> >sunny side up? By time you get the whites all cooked, the yolk is
> >usually over cooked and not so juicy. That egg looked about
> >perfect though. Must be about cooking temperature.
> >
> >I like a juicy egg over certain dishes but I always do a quick
> >over-easy to finish the raw white part and still leave the yolk
> >nice and juicy. Presentation isn't as good but it works well.

> Very moderate heat to start. When the whites start to firm up and go
> white, add about a teaspoon of water, cover with a lid and reduce the
> heat to low. Check every 30-45 secs for degree of doneness you
> prefer.

Thank you. That sounds good. I'll give it a try next time.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, says...

> dsi1 wrote:
> >
> > On Monday, June 3, 2019 at 11:57:05 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > >
> > > Thanks That sounds like it might be tasty poured over other things
> > > too)
> > >
> > > Today I am making seafood fried rice. What would you add to that?

> > Oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar, and sesame oil would work fine for a Chinese style fried rice. There's all kinds of fried rice around here. These days I'm partial to making fried rice with kim chee. It's kind of a thing around here.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/07/e8...64ea0c9596.jpg

> I have a question here. How do you make a still juicy fried egg
> sunny side up? By time you get the whites all cooked, the yolk is
> usually over cooked and not so juicy. That egg looked about
> perfect though. Must be about cooking temperature.

Using the slice, just flip some of the hot fat in the pan across the
top of the egg until the white sets. The heat of the fat cooks it then
the fat runs off again.

Janet UK
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-06-04, Janet > wrote:

> Using the slice, just flip some of the hot fat in the pan across the
> top of the egg until the white sets. The heat of the fat cooks it then
> the fat runs off again.

Not being from UK, ain't sure what "the slice" is, but Janet got the
rest correct.

USA translation: Gotta hava lotta fat (butter, bacon grease, veg oil) in pan
with egg. One of my cooking mentors usta use a large spoon to "flip
some of the hot fat", from the pan, up onto the top of the egg. The
"hot fat" would make the white and the yolk cook. The "white" would
cook faster than the yolk and it would make for a nice "sunnyside-up"
egg. The "white" would cook ("set") and the yolk would still be
runny. HTH.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 4, 2019 at 4:09:14 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
> >
> > On Monday, June 3, 2019 at 11:57:05 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > >
> > > Thanks That sounds like it might be tasty poured over other things
> > > too)
> > >
> > > Today I am making seafood fried rice. What would you add to that?

> > Oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar, and sesame oil would work fine for a Chinese style fried rice. There's all kinds of fried rice around here. These days I'm partial to making fried rice with kim chee. It's kind of a thing around here.
> >
> > https://i.pinimg.com/originals/07/e8...64ea0c9596.jpg

> I have a question here. How do you make a still juicy fried egg
> sunny side up? By time you get the whites all cooked, the yolk is
> usually over cooked and not so juicy. That egg looked about
> perfect though. Must be about cooking temperature.
>
> I like a juicy egg over certain dishes but I always do a quick
> over-easy to finish the raw white part and still leave the yolk
> nice and juicy. Presentation isn't as good but it works well.

You can get a nice looking egg like that by cooking over very low heat in a non-stick pan. If the egg bubbles/sizzles, you have the heat up too high. You essentially just let it sit there until it's done. It's an easy way to way to cook an egg because you don't have to move or fuss over it. It'll take around 4 or 5 minutes. If you do it right you get a cartoon-looking egg - good for a laugh. I don't have 4 or 5 minutes so I'll do a flip over.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...TQgslBHg1TI5yR

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Monday, June 3, 2019 at 11:57:05 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> Thanks That sounds like it might be tasty poured over other things
> too)
>
> Today I am making seafood fried rice. What would you add to that?

Oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar, and sesame oil would work fine for a Chinese
style fried rice. There's all kinds of fried rice around here. These days
I'm partial to making fried rice with kim chee. It's kind of a thing around
here.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/07/e8...64ea0c9596.jpg

====

Thanks very much)))

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-06-04, Janet > wrote:

> slice
>
> <http://cookit.e2bn.org/cooking/equipment-192-slice-fish-or-egg.html>

Got it!

We, in the USA, call that a "slotted spatula". I knew it was the
difference in the name. Like "bonnet" or "torch".

You Brits crack me up with your terms. Keep 'em coming!

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4 Jun 2019 20:07:50 GMT, notbob > wrote:

>On 2019-06-04, Janet > wrote:
>
>> slice
>>
>> <http://cookit.e2bn.org/cooking/equipment-192-slice-fish-or-egg.html>

>Got it!
>
>We, in the USA, call that a "slotted spatula". I knew it was the
>difference in the name. Like "bonnet" or "torch".
>
>You Brits crack me up with your terms. Keep 'em coming!

Historically speaking, shouldn't the Brits be cracking up (or crying
over) what Americans are doing to their language?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 4, 2019 at 4:36:56 PM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
> On 4 Jun 2019 20:07:50 GMT, notbob > wrote:
>
> >On 2019-06-04, Janet > wrote:
> >
> >> slice
> >>
> >> <http://cookit.e2bn.org/cooking/equipment-192-slice-fish-or-egg.html>

> >Got it!
> >
> >We, in the USA, call that a "slotted spatula". I knew it was the
> >difference in the name. Like "bonnet" or "torch".
> >
> >You Brits crack me up with your terms. Keep 'em coming!

> Historically speaking, shouldn't the Brits be cracking up (or crying
> over) what Americans are doing to their language?

It's not as much difference as Dutch and Afrikaans.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 4 Jun 2019 13:41:18 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, June 4, 2019 at 4:36:56 PM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:

>> >Got it!
>> >
>> >We, in the USA, call that a "slotted spatula". I knew it was the
>> >difference in the name. Like "bonnet" or "torch".
>> >
>> >You Brits crack me up with your terms. Keep 'em coming!

>> Historically speaking, shouldn't the Brits be cracking up (or crying
>> over) what Americans are doing to their language?

>It's not as much difference as Dutch and Afrikaans.

More like Netherlands Dutch and Belgian Dutch (aka Flemish).
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-06-04 4:41 p.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 4, 2019 at 4:36:56 PM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:

>>> Got it!
>>>
>>> We, in the USA, call that a "slotted spatula". I knew it was the
>>> difference in the name. Like "bonnet" or "torch".
>>>
>>> You Brits crack me up with your terms. Keep 'em coming!

>> Historically speaking, shouldn't the Brits be cracking up (or crying
>> over) what Americans are doing to their language?

> It's not as much difference as Dutch and Afrikaans.

Or French and French Canadian. Once when I was in France there was a
movie on TV that I thought was French, but it had French subtitles. Not
too far into it there was an arena and a hockey game and I realized it
was French Canadian. My friend was born in Quebec and lived there until
he was 10. Years later he ended up working there for a while and his
wife was looking forward to learning French. He told her not to try to
learn it there because it wasn't really French.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 4, 2019 at 9:32:26 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> Thanks very much)))

I went to meeting tonight and had a teri-beef sandwich. It was pretty good and I ate the whole thing. This was made with grilled beef that's cut up and covered in a teriyaki glaze. Tasty!

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...hnvne0X8-qXkf6

This afternoon we went to a place that sold baked goods out of a shipping container. I suppose it's a cheap way to set up a business. I really liked the corn/onion cake. It was sweet and savory with a distinct taste of black pepper. My daughter likes going out to that shipping container and I could tell that these new flavor combinations are inspiring her to bake something new.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...hxIOBq4gg1wfaP

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:

> notbob wrote:
> >You Brits crack me up with your terms. Keep 'em coming!

> Historically speaking, shouldn't the Brits be cracking up (or crying
> over) what Americans are doing to their language?

Once again, we fixed the English language.
"God bless the United States (except California)"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Tuesday, June 4, 2019 at 9:32:26 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> Thanks very much)))

I went to meeting tonight and had a teri-beef sandwich. It was pretty good
and I ate the whole thing. This was made with grilled beef that's cut up and
covered in a teriyaki glaze. Tasty!

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...hnvne0X8-qXkf6

Oooh that looks nice!

This afternoon we went to a place that sold baked goods out of a shipping
container. I suppose it's a cheap way to set up a business. I really liked
the corn/onion cake. It was sweet and savory with a distinct taste of black
pepper. My daughter likes going out to that shipping container and I could
tell that these new flavor combinations are inspiring her to bake something
new.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...hxIOBq4gg1wfaP

Oh my! Corn/onion cake is not something I have ever seen.
I am glad you enjoyed it)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" wrote in message ...

Bruce wrote:

> notbob wrote:
> >You Brits crack me up with your terms. Keep 'em coming!

> Historically speaking, shouldn't the Brits be cracking up (or crying
> over) what Americans are doing to their language?

Once again, we fixed the English language.
"God bless the United States (except California)"

==

Heh! You wish <g>
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, June 5, 2019 at 4:54:06 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Tuesday, June 4, 2019 at 9:32:26 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> >
> > Thanks very much)))

> I went to meeting tonight and had a teri-beef sandwich. It was pretty good
> and I ate the whole thing. This was made with grilled beef that's cut up and
> covered in a teriyaki glaze. Tasty!
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...hnvne0X8-qXkf6
>
> Oooh that looks nice!
>
> This afternoon we went to a place that sold baked goods out of a shipping
> container. I suppose it's a cheap way to set up a business. I really liked
> the corn/onion cake. It was sweet and savory with a distinct taste of black
> pepper. My daughter likes going out to that shipping container and I could
> tell that these new flavor combinations are inspiring her to bake something
> new.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...hxIOBq4gg1wfaP
>
> Oh my! Corn/onion cake is not something I have ever seen.
> I am glad you enjoyed it)

Those guys have a mango, white chocolate, and peppercorn, scone that is pretty darn special.

https://www.frolichawaii.com/stories...d-nursery-home
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Wednesday, June 5, 2019 at 4:54:06 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Tuesday, June 4, 2019 at 9:32:26 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> >
> > Thanks very much)))

> I went to meeting tonight and had a teri-beef sandwich. It was pretty good
> and I ate the whole thing. This was made with grilled beef that's cut up
> and
> covered in a teriyaki glaze. Tasty!
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...hnvne0X8-qXkf6
>
> Oooh that looks nice!
>
> This afternoon we went to a place that sold baked goods out of a shipping
> container. I suppose it's a cheap way to set up a business. I really liked
> the corn/onion cake. It was sweet and savory with a distinct taste of
> black
> pepper. My daughter likes going out to that shipping container and I could
> tell that these new flavor combinations are inspiring her to bake
> something
> new.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...hxIOBq4gg1wfaP
>
> Oh my! Corn/onion cake is not something I have ever
> seen.
> I am glad you enjoyed it)

Those guys have a mango, white chocolate, and peppercorn, scone that is
pretty darn special.

https://www.frolichawaii.com/stories...d-nursery-home

===

They look Gorgeous!!!! And he just bakes all those in the back???

Wow!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, June 5, 2019 at 9:50:59 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Wednesday, June 5, 2019 at 4:54:06 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > "dsi1" wrote in message
> >
> > On Tuesday, June 4, 2019 at 9:32:26 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > >
> > > Thanks very much)))

> > I went to meeting tonight and had a teri-beef sandwich. It was pretty good
> > and I ate the whole thing. This was made with grilled beef that's cut up
> > and
> > covered in a teriyaki glaze. Tasty!
> >
> > https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...hnvne0X8-qXkf6
> >
> > Oooh that looks nice!
> >
> > This afternoon we went to a place that sold baked goods out of a shipping
> > container. I suppose it's a cheap way to set up a business. I really liked
> > the corn/onion cake. It was sweet and savory with a distinct taste of
> > black
> > pepper. My daughter likes going out to that shipping container and I could
> > tell that these new flavor combinations are inspiring her to bake
> > something
> > new.
> >
> > https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...hxIOBq4gg1wfaP
> >
> > Oh my! Corn/onion cake is not something I have ever
> > seen.
> > I am glad you enjoyed it)

> Those guys have a mango, white chocolate, and peppercorn, scone that is
> pretty darn special.
>
> https://www.frolichawaii.com/stories...d-nursery-home
>
> ===
>
> They look Gorgeous!!!! And he just bakes all those in the back???
>
> Wow!

Beats me where the items are baked. My guess is that the French guy hand carries the baked goods through the orchid farm and that's what gives them that je ne sais quoi.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Wednesday, June 5, 2019 at 9:50:59 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Wednesday, June 5, 2019 at 4:54:06 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > "dsi1" wrote in message
> >
> > On Tuesday, June 4, 2019 at 9:32:26 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > >
> > > Thanks very much)))

> > I went to meeting tonight and had a teri-beef sandwich. It was pretty
> > good
> > and I ate the whole thing. This was made with grilled beef that's cut up
> > and
> > covered in a teriyaki glaze. Tasty!
> >
> > https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...hnvne0X8-qXkf6
> >
> > Oooh that looks nice!
> >
> > This afternoon we went to a place that sold baked goods out of a
> > shipping
> > container. I suppose it's a cheap way to set up a business. I really
> > liked
> > the corn/onion cake. It was sweet and savory with a distinct taste of
> > black
> > pepper. My daughter likes going out to that shipping container and I
> > could
> > tell that these new flavor combinations are inspiring her to bake
> > something
> > new.
> >
> > https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...hxIOBq4gg1wfaP
> >
> > Oh my! Corn/onion cake is not something I have ever
> > seen.
> > I am glad you enjoyed it)

> Those guys have a mango, white chocolate, and peppercorn, scone that is
> pretty darn special.
>
> https://www.frolichawaii.com/stories...d-nursery-home
>
> ===
>
> They look Gorgeous!!!! And he just bakes all those in the back???
>
> Wow!

Beats me where the items are baked. My guess is that the French guy hand
carries the baked goods through the orchid farm and that's what gives them
that je ne sais quoi.

===

I couldn't see where he could do it, but I think he does say that in the
ad.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/5/2019 7:19 AM, Gary wrote:

> Once again, we fixed the English language.
> "God bless the United States (except California)"

What wrong w/ "California" ('cept most everything)?

Still not as bad as living in KS or MO. I know ppl who've moved from CA
to KS and still wanna return.

I'm in rural CO, these dayz, and NEVER wanna return to CA. OTOH, I'd
not disparage CA if I'd never lived there. Things and places do change.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 6 Jun 2019 09:07:48 -0600, notbob > wrote:

>On 6/5/2019 7:19 AM, Gary wrote:
>
>> Once again, we fixed the English language.
>> "God bless the United States (except California)"

>What wrong w/ "California" ('cept most everything)?
>
>Still not as bad as living in KS or MO. I know ppl who've moved from CA
>to KS and still wanna return.
>
>I'm in rural CO, these dayz, and NEVER wanna return to CA. OTOH, I'd
>not disparage CA if I'd never lived there. Things and places do change.

I think the problem is that you wouldn't want to put Gary in a
slightly more modern thinking environment.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, June 6, 2019 at 4:24:42 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> Beats me where the items are baked. My guess is that the French guy hand
> carries the baked goods through the orchid farm and that's what gives them
> that je ne sais quoi.
>
> ===
>
> I couldn't see where he could do it, but I think he does say that in the
> ad.

The shipping container is the retail outlet. The real bakery is in a house nearby - at least, that's the scoops I got from my wife. The funny thing about this rock is that French style pastries are kind of a thing here. It's French by way of the Japanese. The Japanese are enamored with the French style bakery and they have brought Japanese-French style pastries/breads to Hawaii. The Vietnamese have also brought their tradition of French breads to Hawaii. What this means is that it's pretty easy to get a baguette or a batard around here.

These guys opened around the corner a couple of months ago.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/epi-ya-boul...serie-honolulu

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Bruce
> wrote:

> I think the problem is that you wouldn't want to put Gary in a
> slightly more modern thinking environment.

Dammit! You keep forgetting me! I'm a nonreligious ultraconservative.
We exist! Slander where slander is due. Include me in your political
derision. Better yet, put me first.

[ObFood] My wife went out for a fancy dinner tonight. I didn't have to
cook. I'm thinking maybe a couple of 'dulce de leche' ice cream
drumsticks and hmm...savory bagged chex mix (I have bad mouthed those
within the last year) after finishing off "a few" beers.
Sounds good! Right?

leo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 06 Jun 2019 23:59:55 -0700, Leonard Blaisdell
> wrote:

>In article >, Bruce
> wrote:
>
>> I think the problem is that you wouldn't want to put Gary in a
>> slightly more modern thinking environment.

>Dammit! You keep forgetting me! I'm a nonreligious ultraconservative.
>We exist! Slander where slander is due. Include me in your political
>derision. Better yet, put me first.

You're just rebelling. Deep down, you're a treehugging hippie.

>[ObFood] My wife went out for a fancy dinner tonight. I didn't have to
>cook. I'm thinking maybe a couple of 'dulce de leche' ice cream
>drumsticks and hmm...savory bagged chex mix (I have bad mouthed those
>within the last year) after finishing off "a few" beers.
>Sounds good! Right?

I don't know what dulce de leche and chex mix are, but beer sounds
good.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:

> Gary wrote:
>
> > Once again, we fixed the English language.
> > "God bless the United States (except California)"

> What wrong w/ "California" ('cept most everything)?
>
> Still not as bad as living in KS or MO. I know ppl who've moved from CA
> to KS and still wanna return.
>
> I'm in rural CO, these dayz, and NEVER wanna return to CA. OTOH, I'd
> not disparage CA if I'd never lived there. Things and places do change.

Hi there, notbob. In case you missed it in a previous post,
"God bless the United States (except California)"
was a quote from Tim Allen in a recent episode of
"Last Man Standing." I found that funny.

I actually came very close to moving there back in 1972 for
college. Very near the coast too since I was hooked on surfing.
(Orange county)

Speaking of Colorado, I actually lived there in
Colorado Springs for 6 months when I was about 6 years old.
My only memories are from all the boring home movies.
We did drive up to the top of Pikes Peak and took a
family picture there.

Saw an hour documentary last week about several national
or state parks in your state. Very interesting geology!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Thursday, June 6, 2019 at 4:24:42 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> Beats me where the items are baked. My guess is that the French guy hand
> carries the baked goods through the orchid farm and that's what gives them
> that je ne sais quoi.
>
> ===
>
> I couldn't see where he could do it, but I think he does say that in
> the
> ad.

The shipping container is the retail outlet. The real bakery is in a house
nearby - at least, that's the scoops I got from my wife. The funny thing
about this rock is that French style pastries are kind of a thing here. It's
French by way of the Japanese. The Japanese are enamored with the French
style bakery and they have brought Japanese-French style pastries/breads to
Hawaii. The Vietnamese have also brought their tradition of French breads to
Hawaii. What this means is that it's pretty easy to get a baguette or a
batard around here.

These guys opened around the corner a couple of months ago.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/epi-ya-boul...serie-honolulu

==

You are all very lucky)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> Oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar, and sesame oil would work fine for a Chinese style fried rice. There's all kinds of fried rice around here.

That sounds like a decent mix.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:

> On 2019-06-04, Janet > wrote:
>
> > Using the slice, just flip some of the hot fat in the pan across the
> > top of the egg until the white sets. The heat of the fat cooks it then
> > the fat runs off again.

> Not being from UK, ain't sure what "the slice" is, but Janet got the
> rest correct.
>
> USA translation: Gotta hava lotta fat (butter, bacon grease, veg oil) in pan
> with egg. One of my cooking mentors usta use a large spoon to "flip
> some of the hot fat", from the pan, up onto the top of the egg. The
> "hot fat" would make the white and the yolk cook. The "white" would
> cook faster than the yolk and it would make for a nice "sunnyside-up"
> egg. The "white" would cook ("set") and the yolk would still be
> runny. HTH.
>
> nb

I've done that before. Problem is doing that also turns the yolk
into partly cloudy yolk, not a sunny side up one.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> On Tuesday, June 4, 2019 at 4:09:14 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
> > dsi1 wrote:

> > > Oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar, and sesame oil would work fine for a Chinese style fried rice. There's all kinds of fried rice around here. These days I'm partial to making fried rice with kim chee. It's kind of a thing around here.
> > >
> > > https://i.pinimg.com/originals/07/e8...64ea0c9596.jpg

> > I have a question here. How do you make a still juicy fried egg
> > sunny side up? By time you get the whites all cooked, the yolk is
> > usually over cooked and not so juicy. That egg looked about
> > perfect though. Must be about cooking temperature.
> >
> > I like a juicy egg over certain dishes but I always do a quick
> > over-easy to finish the raw white part and still leave the yolk
> > nice and juicy. Presentation isn't as good but it works well.

> You can get a nice looking egg like that by cooking over very low heat in a non-stick pan. If the egg bubbles/sizzles, you have the heat up too high. You essentially just let it sit there until it's done. It's an easy way to way to cook an egg because you don't have to move or fuss over it. It'll take around 4 or 5 minutes. If you do it right you get a cartoon-looking egg - good for a laugh. I don't have 4 or 5 minutes so I'll do a flip over.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...TQgslBHg1TI5yR

That sounds like the best plan as long as it keeps the yolk
runny. Does it?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, June 7, 2019 at 5:08:20 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:

> That sounds like the best plan as long as it keeps the yolk
> runny. Does it?

That's the way I do it. I have cooked the so-called "emoji egg." It's good for a laugh but I don't really want to spend the time making these things.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...mfP_MXLF9yyxiy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/7/2019 9:08 AM, Gary wrote:

> That sounds like the best plan as long as it keeps the yolk
> runny. Does it?

You can do whatever you wanna do.

I do an "over easy" cuz it's faster (cooked whites, runny yolk).

I do NOT use a "non-stick" pan. After watching a documentary on 'em, I
no longer use 'em (yer better than my pet bird? Prove it!), so I do a
lotta "scrambled eggs". Gonna make Spam/scram/onion/garlic burritos,
later this week!

nb