Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Pineapple

Do I eat too much pineapple?

I buy 2-3 a week and either eat them raw or dehydrated them or add
them in recipes. I eat a ****load of pineapple....

ya know what they say about people that eat lots of tropical fruits
--

"There are idiots among us, and they all believe in a god"
~Toidi Uoy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, April 17, 2019 at 11:03:04 AM UTC-10, wrote:
> Do I eat too much pineapple?
>
> I buy 2-3 a week and either eat them raw or dehydrated them or add
> them in recipes. I eat a ****load of pineapple....
>
> ya know what they say about people that eat lots of tropical fruits
> --
>

> "There are idiots among us, and they all believe in a god"
> ~Toidi Uoy

I was walking down a hospital corridor yesterday and saw and interesting floral arrangement. I just had to take a picture.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...T-WomGkJHZ5III
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, April 17, 2019 at 6:08:29 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:

> I was walking down a hospital corridor yesterday and saw and interesting floral arrangement. I just had to take a picture.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...T-WomGkJHZ5III

Rather pretty.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On Wednesday, April 17, 2019 at 11:03:04 AM UTC-10,
> wrote:
>> Do I eat too much pineapple?
>>
>> I buy 2-3 a week and either eat them raw or dehydrated them or add
>> them in recipes. I eat a ****load of pineapple....
>>
>> ya know what they say about people that eat lots of tropical fruits
>> --
>>

>> "There are idiots among us, and they all believe in a god"
>> ~Toidi Uoy

> I was walking down a hospital corridor yesterday and saw and interesting
> floral arrangement. I just had to take a picture.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...T-WomGkJHZ5III

Nice!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 17 Apr 2019 22:53:37 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 4/17/2019 9:49 PM, notbob wrote:
>> On 2019-04-17, > wrote:
>>
>>> ya know what they say about people that eat lots of tropical fruits

>> Yah, they don't live in NosePick CO where ppl see very few tropical
>> fruits.
>>
>> nb
>>

>What is so enticing about them though? I like and buy maybe two or
>three a year. There is a market near us that has a lot of produce, much
>of it local and big enticing displays. They also have pineapples and a
>machine you put it in and it peels and cores it, puts it in a plastic
>container. Every time I go there, the machine has a line of people
>cutting their pineapple. I bet they sell more in an hour than most
>stores sell in a week.

It does not take but a few minutes to peel or deskin a pineapple.. I
have gotten that down to an art...Those machines do not peel the
pineapple they just run a core tool through it and that is all. If you
picked out a big fat pineapple and sent it to the machine it would be
the same girth as all the others. You would get the same size
pineapple rings as all the other people. You never core a pineapple.
You deskin it with a sharp knife and then you cut around the core. You
will end up with almost twice as much pineapple.

People are so ignorant. They enjoy being ignorant. They have no wish
to know things. They are ignorant about being ignorant.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> Do I eat too much pineapple?
>
> I buy 2-3 a week and either eat them raw or dehydrated them or add
> them in recipes. I eat a ****load of pineapple....
>
> ya know what they say about people that eat lots of tropical fruits
> --
>

> "There are idiots among us, and they all believe in a god"
> ~Toidi Uoy

Excessive pineapple consumption almost took Bryan's wife's Betsey's LIFE once!! She's on certain blood pressure meds for which excessive pineapple COULD prove to be deadly!

If Bryan still hung around RFC he'd certainly pop his head in here and SAY SO!!

Personally I think Bryan DIED!

John Kuthe, Climate Anarchist and 21st Century Cheep Effect!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>Do I eat too much pineapple?
>>
>>I buy 2-3 a week and either eat them raw or dehydrated them or add
>>them in recipes. I eat a ****load of pineapple....

>Sounds excessive to me, but whatever floats yer boat.
>
>>ya know what they say about people that eat lots of tropical fruits

>No, what?

well let me put it this way, I hear that the females are more pleased
when a man eats tropical fruits.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/17/2019 8:46 PM, wrote:
> On Wednesday, April 17, 2019 at 6:08:29 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
>>
>> I was walking down a hospital corridor yesterday and saw and interesting floral arrangement. I just had to take a picture.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...T-WomGkJHZ5III

> Rather pretty.

It's pretty... but rather large and loud.

Certainly not pineapple grown to be eaten. IMHO, the best, juiciest
pineapple is grown and imported from Thailand.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 17 Apr 2019 22:30:34 -0500,
wrote:

>On Wed, 17 Apr 2019 22:53:37 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>
>>On 4/17/2019 9:49 PM, notbob wrote:

>>> Yah, they don't live in NosePick CO where ppl see very few tropical
>>> fruits.
>>>
>>> nb
>>>

>>What is so enticing about them though? I like and buy maybe two or
>>three a year. There is a market near us that has a lot of produce, much
>>of it local and big enticing displays. They also have pineapples and a
>>machine you put it in and it peels and cores it, puts it in a plastic
>>container. Every time I go there, the machine has a line of people
>>cutting their pineapple. I bet they sell more in an hour than most
>>stores sell in a week.

>It does not take but a few minutes to peel or deskin a pineapple.. I
>have gotten that down to an art...Those machines do not peel the
>pineapple they just run a core tool through it and that is all. If you
>picked out a big fat pineapple and sent it to the machine it would be
>the same girth as all the others. You would get the same size
>pineapple rings as all the other people. You never core a pineapple.
>You deskin it with a sharp knife and then you cut around the core. You
>will end up with almost twice as much pineapple.

Takes me no more than three minutes to eviserate a pineapple,, whack
off the top and bottom, pare away the skin getting all the 'eyes',
quarter it through the core and slice away the core then slice it into
chunks... did one an hour ago. Sometimes I get fancy and slice the
skin from a quarter, core it, and leave the top and bottom attached ,
then slice the flesh into chunks; pineapple boats.

>People are so ignorant. They enjoy being ignorant. They have no wish
>to know things. They are ignorant about being ignorant.

Those who constantly disparage *everyone* and never have anything
decent to contribute are the most ignorant form protoplasm on this
planet. The best thing that can happen to you is compost.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, April 18, 2019 at 12:28:45 PM UTC-4, jmcquown wrote:
> On 4/17/2019 8:46 PM, wrote:
> > On Wednesday, April 17, 2019 at 6:08:29 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
> >>
> >> I was walking down a hospital corridor yesterday and saw and interesting floral arrangement. I just had to take a picture.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...T-WomGkJHZ5III

> > Rather pretty.
> >

> It's pretty... but rather large and loud.

It's in a hospital. The larger and louder, the better.
To de-institutionalize the place.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>>What is so enticing about them though? I like and buy maybe two or
>>>three a year. There is a market near us that has a lot of produce, much
>>>of it local and big enticing displays. They also have pineapples and a
>>>machine you put it in and it peels and cores it, puts it in a plastic
>>>container. Every time I go there, the machine has a line of people
>>>cutting their pineapple. I bet they sell more in an hour than most
>>>stores sell in a week.

>>It does not take but a few minutes to peel or deskin a pineapple.. I
>>have gotten that down to an art...Those machines do not peel the
>>pineapple they just run a core tool through it and that is all. If you
>>picked out a big fat pineapple and sent it to the machine it would be
>>the same girth as all the others. You would get the same size
>>pineapple rings as all the other people. You never core a pineapple.
>>You deskin it with a sharp knife and then you cut around the core. You
>>will end up with almost twice as much pineapple.

>Takes me no more than three minutes to eviserate a pineapple,, whack
>off the top and bottom, pare away the skin getting all the 'eyes',

Let me give you a tip, dont do the top or bottom until you have done
the sides..

>quarter it through the core and slice away the core then slice it into
>chunks... did one an hour ago. Sometimes I get fancy and slice the
>skin from a quarter, core it, and leave the top and bottom attached ,
>then slice the flesh into chunks; pineapple boats.
>
>>People are so ignorant. They enjoy being ignorant. They have no wish
>>to know things. They are ignorant about being ignorant.

>Those who constantly disparage *everyone* and never have anything
>decent to contribute are the most ignorant form protoplasm on this
>planet. The best thing that can happen to you is compost.

I now realize I have a pineapple problem. They were 199 each at costco
so I got 4 chopped them up and dehydrated them

Then went to walmart a couple of days later and they were 177 so I got
three more... chopped 2 and in the process of dehydration....

Then went to albertsons just now to get some rum and what do ya know
they had rather large gold pineapples 2 for 3 dollars.... I could not
resist the juicy luscious sweet delicious pineapples so I bought 2
more.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> On Wednesday, April 17, 2019 at 6:08:29 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
> >
> > I was walking down a hospital corridor yesterday and saw and interesting floral arrangement. I just had to take a picture.
> >
> > https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...T-WomGkJHZ5III
> >

> Rather pretty.

It's a bit disorienting - like seeing a flower arrangement on LSD.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, April 18, 2019 at 12:28:45 PM UTC-4, jmcquown wrote:
> On 4/17/2019 8:46 PM, wrote:
> > On Wednesday, April 17, 2019 at 6:08:29 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
> >>
> >> I was walking down a hospital corridor yesterday and saw and interesting floral arrangement. I just had to take a picture.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...T-WomGkJHZ5III

> > Rather pretty.
> >

> It's pretty... but rather large and loud.
>
> Certainly not pineapple grown to be eaten. IMHO, the best, juiciest
> pineapple is grown and imported from Thailand.
>
> Jill

i can't forget the pineapple that i had in oaxaca mexico. they had tables set out with ice blocks and piles of pineapple on top. so wonderful.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, April 18, 2019 at 9:32:30 AM UTC-10, A Moose in Love wrote:
> On Thursday, April 18, 2019 at 12:28:45 PM UTC-4, jmcquown wrote:

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...T-WomGkJHZ5III

> > > Rather pretty.
> > >

> > It's pretty... but rather large and loud.
> >
> > Certainly not pineapple grown to be eaten. IMHO, the best, juiciest
> > pineapple is grown and imported from Thailand.
> >
> > Jill

> i can't forget the pineapple that i had in oaxaca mexico. they had tables set out with ice blocks and piles of pineapple on top. so wonderful.

My wife and I used to share a pineapple boat back in the 70's. Those boats would take us on a wonderful ride. These days, those boats are hard to find.

https://www.couponclippingcook.com/w...ut-640x426.jpg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/18/19 1:42 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Thursday, April 18, 2019 at 9:32:30 AM UTC-10, A Moose in Love wrote:

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...T-WomGkJHZ5III

>>> It's pretty... but rather large and loud.
>>>
>>> Certainly not pineapple grown to be eaten. IMHO, the best, juiciest
>>> pineapple is grown and imported from Thailand.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> i can't forget the pineapple that i had in oaxaca mexico. they had tables set out with ice blocks and piles of pineapple on top. so wonderful.

> My wife and I used to share a pineapple boat back in the 70's. Those boats would take us on a wonderful ride. These days, those boats are hard to find.
>
> https://www.couponclippingcook.com/w...ut-640x426.jpg

Lovely and very fresh presentation!

jay
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 18 Apr 2019 14:22:43 -0600, jay > wrote:

>On 4/18/19 1:42 PM, dsi1 wrote:

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...T-WomGkJHZ5III

>>> i can't forget the pineapple that i had in oaxaca mexico. they had tables set out with ice blocks and piles of pineapple on top. so wonderful.

>> My wife and I used to share a pineapple boat back in the 70's. Those boats would take us on a wonderful ride. These days, those boats are hard to find.
>>
>> https://www.couponclippingcook.com/w...ut-640x426.jpg
>>

> Lovely and very fresh presentation!

Yes, it looks good. I hope it's grated papaya or some such on top, not
grated cheese.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/18/2019 3:42 PM, dsi1 wrote:

> My wife and I used to share a pineapple boat back in the 70's. Those boats would take us on a wonderful ride. These days, those boats are hard to find.
>
> https://www.couponclippingcook.com/w...ut-640x426.jpg

Looks nice.

Best I do is cut some up and soak it in rum for a few days. That can
take you on a ride too.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 18 Apr 2019 16:53:24 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 4/18/2019 3:42 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>
>> My wife and I used to share a pineapple boat back in the 70's. Those boats would take us on a wonderful ride. These days, those boats are hard to find.
>>
>> https://www.couponclippingcook.com/w...ut-640x426.jpg
>>

>Looks nice.
>
>Best I do is cut some up and soak it in rum for a few days. That can
>take you on a ride too.

That sounds good. Dark rum?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/18/2019 4:54 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Apr 2019 16:53:24 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>
>> On 4/18/2019 3:42 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>>
>>> My wife and I used to share a pineapple boat back in the 70's. Those boats would take us on a wonderful ride. These days, those boats are hard to find.
>>>
>>> https://www.couponclippingcook.com/w...ut-640x426.jpg
>>>

>> Looks nice.
>>
>> Best I do is cut some up and soak it in rum for a few days. That can
>> take you on a ride too.

> That sounds good. Dark rum?

Either light or dark works. May ways to use it. Eat the chunks or toss
in a blender with more rum and ice.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 18 Apr 2019 16:58:39 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 4/18/2019 4:54 PM, Bruce wrote:

>>> Looks nice.
>>>
>>> Best I do is cut some up and soak it in rum for a few days. That can
>>> take you on a ride too.

>> That sounds good. Dark rum?
>>

>Either light or dark works. May ways to use it. Eat the chunks or toss
>in a blender with more rum and ice.

Sounds like a plan.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...WWV_5g.jMdVa2g

>>> i can't forget the pineapple that i had in oaxaca mexico. they had
>>> tables set out with ice blocks and piles of pineapple on top. so
>>> wonderful.

>> My wife and I used to share a pineapple boat back in the 70's. Those
>> boats would take us on a wonderful ride. These days, those boats are
>> hard to find.
>>
>> https://www.couponclippingcook.com/w...ds/2011/07/27-
>> with-coconut-640x426.jpg

>Look great ... but never had it with coconut. Does it go?

There's no better flavor combination on the planet than pineapple,
coconut, vanilla ice cream, and rum... pina colada rulz.

Pineapple and rum Ed Pawlowski General Cooking 23 21-04-2017 04:09 PM
Pineapple jam notbob General Cooking 30 01-09-2013 08:11 PM
Fully ripe pineapple vs. barely ripe pineapple Manda Ruby General Cooking 15 26-11-2009 09:40 PM
Pineapple Pie Willene Pierce Recipes (moderated) 0 10-01-2008 06:38 PM
pineapple oatmeal and pineapple stirfry notbob General Cooking 5 25-04-2006 09:37 PM