Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Meet the new All Clad !!!

This is their 1-quart saucier from their "LTD" collection. This pan
retails for $85.

https://imgur.com/XLKBRLi

When empty, it won't stand up straight without tipping over unless
it's on a 4" round (at least) solid flat surface. It won't even
stand up on an electric coil burner, only a glass stovetop. It
would stand up on induction burner, but it's not an
induction-capable material. I give this $85 pan a 95% Fail.

Yeah, Put me down for 5 10-piece sets of All Clad LTD for $899/each.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, April 14, 2019 at 10:56:44 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:

> This is their 1-quart saucier from their "LTD" collection. This pan
> retails for $85.
>
> https://imgur.com/XLKBRLi
>
> When empty, it won't stand up straight without tipping over unless
> it's on a 4" round (at least) solid flat surface. It won't even
> stand up on an electric coil burner, only a glass stovetop. It
> would stand up on induction burner, but it's not an
> induction-capable material. I give this $85 pan a 95% Fail.
>
> Yeah, Put me down for 5 10-piece sets of All Clad LTD for $899/each.
>
> -sw

Well! I've never seen a pan that wouldn't sit flat on a stove no matter how
the stove is powered.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 14 Apr 2019 21:06:02 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

> On Sunday, April 14, 2019 at 10:56:44 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>> This is their 1-quart saucier from their "LTD" collection. This pan
>> retails for $85.

https://imgur.com/XLKBRLi

>> When empty, it won't stand up straight without tipping over unless
>> it's on a 4" round (at least) solid flat surface. It won't even
>> stand up on an electric coil burner, only a glass stovetop. It
>> would stand up on induction burner, but it's not an
>> induction-capable material. I give this $85 pan a 95% Fail.
>>
>> Yeah, Put me down for 5 10-piece sets of All Clad LTD for $899/each.
>>

> Well! I've never seen a pan that wouldn't sit flat on a stove no matter how
> the stove is powered.

It won't even right itself if you start putting anything in it. You
have to manually hold it until you start putting anything in it.
Then the bowl weight will hold it upright.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote:
> On Sunday, April 14, 2019 at 10:56:44 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>> This is their 1-quart saucier from their "LTD" collection. This pan
>> retails for $85.

https://imgur.com/XLKBRLi

>> When empty, it won't stand up straight without tipping over unless
>> it's on a 4" round (at least) solid flat surface. It won't even
>> stand up on an electric coil burner, only a glass stovetop. It
>> would stand up on induction burner, but it's not an
>> induction-capable material. I give this $85 pan a 95% Fail.
>>
>> Yeah, Put me down for 5 10-piece sets of All Clad LTD for $899/each.
>>
>> -sw
>>

> Well! I've never seen a pan that wouldn't sit flat on a stove no matter how
> the stove is powered.

I have. I bought a set of Circulon Premier Professional Hard Anodized
cookware from Costco last year and those things do not work on my gas stove
at all. They tip, just like that. I absolutely hate them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, April 14, 2019 at 6:06:04 PM UTC-10, wrote:
> On Sunday, April 14, 2019 at 10:56:44 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
> >
> > This is their 1-quart saucier from their "LTD" collection. This pan
> > retails for $85.
> >
> > https://imgur.com/XLKBRLi
> >
> > When empty, it won't stand up straight without tipping over unless
> > it's on a 4" round (at least) solid flat surface. It won't even
> > stand up on an electric coil burner, only a glass stovetop. It
> > would stand up on induction burner, but it's not an
> > induction-capable material. I give this $85 pan a 95% Fail.
> >
> > Yeah, Put me down for 5 10-piece sets of All Clad LTD for $899/each.
> >
> > -sw
> >

> Well! I've never seen a pan that wouldn't sit flat on a stove no matter how
> the stove is powered.

Aluminum pans will tend to warp some and get all rolly-pooly on glass top ranges. My flat bottom carbon steel wok did that too. That's easy enough to fix. Just get a rubber or wood mallet of good heft and put a slight concave surface on the bottom. I've also done that by using my iron palm of death technique to get the pan to lay flat. They'll sit real stable after that.

If you do want to try this at home, make sure you work on the edges of the bulge, and not on the bulge itself.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
On Sunday, April 14, 2019 at 6:06:04 PM UTC-10, wrote:
> On Sunday, April 14, 2019 at 10:56:44 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
> >
> > This is their 1-quart saucier from their "LTD" collection. This pan
> > retails for $85.
> >
> > https://imgur.com/XLKBRLi
> >
> > When empty, it won't stand up straight without tipping over unless
> > it's on a 4" round (at least) solid flat surface. It won't even
> > stand up on an electric coil burner, only a glass stovetop. It
> > would stand up on induction burner, but it's not an
> > induction-capable material. I give this $85 pan a 95% Fail.
> >
> > Yeah, Put me down for 5 10-piece sets of All Clad LTD for $899/each.
> >
> > -sw
> >

> Well! I've never seen a pan that wouldn't sit flat on a stove no matter
> how
> the stove is powered.

Aluminum pans will tend to warp some and get all rolly-pooly on glass top
ranges. My flat bottom carbon steel wok did that too. That's easy enough to
fix. Just get a rubber or wood mallet of good heft and put a slight concave
surface on the bottom. I've also done that by using my iron palm of death
technique to get the pan to lay flat. They'll sit real stable after that.

If you do want to try this at home, make sure you work on the edges of the
bulge, and not on the bulge itself.

---

My mom had a flat top and I hated it. Bump a pan just slightly and it would
fly off!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 14 Apr 2019 22:58:23 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>This is their 1-quart saucier from their "LTD" collection. This pan
>retails for $85.
>
>https://imgur.com/XLKBRLi
>
>When empty, it won't stand up straight without tipping over unless
>it's on a 4" round (at least) solid flat surface. It won't even
>stand up on an electric coil burner, only a glass stovetop. It
>would stand up on induction burner, but it's not an
>induction-capable material. I give this $85 pan a 95% Fail.
>
>Yeah, Put me down for 5 10-piece sets of All Clad LTD for $899/each.
>
>-sw

Now that's funny... that long handle weighs more than the pot!
The only use any 1 qt pot has is to scoop dried cat food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/14/2019 11:58 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> This is their 1-quart saucier from their "LTD" collection. This pan
> retails for $85.
>
> https://imgur.com/XLKBRLi
>
> When empty, it won't stand up straight without tipping over unless
> it's on a 4" round (at least) solid flat surface. It won't even
> stand up on an electric coil burner, only a glass stovetop. It
> would stand up on induction burner, but it's not an
> induction-capable material. I give this $85 pan a 95% Fail.
>
> Yeah, Put me down for 5 10-piece sets of All Clad LTD for $899/each.
>
> -sw

I have a small fry pan that gets tipsy when empty but I paid about $5
for it. Just big enough for two eggs.

I would think that for $85 they could widen the base and add a little
weight.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote :
> "dsi1" > wrote in message
> On Sunday, April 14, 2019 at 6:06:04 PM UTC-10, wrote:
>> On Sunday, April 14, 2019 at 10:56:44 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
>> >
>> > This is their 1-quart saucier from their "LTD" collection. This pan
>> > retails for $85.
>> >
>> > https://imgur.com/XLKBRLi
>> >
>> > When empty, it won't stand up straight without tipping over unless
>> > it's on a 4" round (at least) solid flat surface. It won't even
>> > stand up on an electric coil burner, only a glass stovetop. It
>> > would stand up on induction burner, but it's not an
>> > induction-capable material. I give this $85 pan a 95% Fail.
>> >
>> > Yeah, Put me down for 5 10-piece sets of All Clad LTD for $899/each.
>> >
>> > -sw
>> >

>> Well! I've never seen a pan that wouldn't sit flat on a stove no matter
>> how
>> the stove is powered.

> Aluminum pans will tend to warp some and get all rolly-pooly on glass top
> ranges. My flat bottom carbon steel wok did that too. That's easy enough to
> fix. Just get a rubber or wood mallet of good heft and put a slight concave
> surface on the bottom. I've also done that by using my iron palm of death
> technique to get the pan to lay flat. They'll sit real stable after that.
>
> If you do want to try this at home, make sure you work on the edges of the
> bulge, and not on the bulge itself.
>

> My mom had a flat top and I hated it.

Mine wore hers in a high and tight.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/14/2019 11:50 PM, Jinx the Minx wrote:

> I absolutely hate them.

And well you should.

I've used 'em, once. Damned iffen water don't stick in the damn things!

Besides, they're horrible to clean, what with all the valleys between
the "Circulon" ridges and all. Plus, "hard anodized" is a crappy
cooking finish.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob > wrote:
> On 4/14/2019 11:50 PM, Jinx the Minx wrote:
>
>> I absolutely hate them.

> And well you should.
>
> I've used 'em, once. Damned iffen water don't stick in the damn things!
>
> Besides, they're horrible to clean, what with all the valleys between
> the "Circulon" ridges and all. Plus, "hard anodized" is a crappy
> cooking finish.
>
> nb

I had one older Circulon pan hanging around from long ago, but these new
ones seem less ridged and easier to clean than that one. Nothing sticks in
mine except egg cooked bare, and they clean up supremely easy with my dobie
scrubbers. I liked them just fine on my ceramic top stove, but they are
just not suited for a gas stove. They tip and theyre very thin, and
everything burns even on my simmer burner. Im perfectly happy going back
to my cast iron that I didnt use on the ceramic top in the old house.
Even my 25 year old Revereware is better than this Circulon. Im not sure
how it gets a near perfect review rating.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 15 Apr 2019 10:05:21 -0600, notbob wrote:

> On 4/14/2019 11:50 PM, Jinx the Minx wrote:
>
>> I absolutely hate them.

> And well you should.
>
> I've used 'em, once. Damned iffen water don't stick in the damn things!
>
> Besides, they're horrible to clean, what with all the valleys between
> the "Circulon" ridges and all. Plus, "hard anodized" is a crappy
> cooking finish.

Hard Anodized is not a cooking finish (at least on a non-stick
coated pan). It's the material underneath (aluminum). The original
Magna lite is an example of a hard anodized finish that you cook on
(and yes, - they suck). Circulon is always coated with some other
finish.

-ww
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I have a 1000 set of circulon. Best money spent. Then after 10 yr i f them up. The new ones suck. I wish i treated them better. The stock pots and fryers are still perfect. I used the 4 q as a fry pot and while still good were ugly. I cleaned using oven.off. mistake. The new ones i can bend by hand. They are nice though. Not like original.
I felt special with my first set, now i feel like JK. Totally rich but really broke.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Sqwertz
> wrote:

> It won't even right itself if you start putting anything in it. You
> have to manually hold it until you start putting anything in it.
> Then the bowl weight will hold it upright.

Just cut the handle off at about halfway and wear oven mitts. Some
problems have super easy solutions <--winkey

leo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 15 Apr 2019 18:20:53 -0700, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:

> In article >, Sqwertz
> > wrote:
>
>> It won't even right itself if you start putting anything in it. You
>> have to manually hold it until you start putting anything in it.
>> Then the bowl weight will hold it upright.

> Just cut the handle off at about halfway and wear oven mitts. Some
> problems have super easy solutions <--winkey

I could glue a metal drawer pull on the other side and call it a
mini wok with "helper handle".
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 16 Apr 2019 itsjoannotjoann wrote:
>On Monday, April 15, 2019 Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 15 Apr 2019 itsjoannotjoann wrote:
>>
>> > Can you return this pan? I can't believe they'd even offer anything like
>> > for sale!

Why not, ALL their cookware is overly expensive ALL CRAP... the
ugliest way over prised garbage sold to people who can't cook a lick
but insist on shiney.

If I ever meet any of you - B o r i s -[_2_] General Cooking 31 20-12-2008 01:57 PM
All-Clad raraavis General Cooking 2 25-04-2005 05:03 PM
All-Clad raraavis General Cooking 0 25-04-2005 03:46 PM