Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Peachie

Peach is gone. She hadn't eaten in four days. Vet said her heart was
barely functioning. Her kidneys were loaded with polyps. Her
intestines were totally blocked. She had a very good life for 17
years but it was her time, she was suffering, we put her down. We
rescued Peach and Blackie from a NYC trash can, they were newborns
with umbilical cords attached, in a plastic bag.... it was winter,
freezing cold... some heartless animal threw them away. The nurse
at my wife's work wrapped them in a heating pad. We nursed them back
to health. At home Jilly mothered them.
Peach: https://postimg.cc/hXJV5qGq
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I am a cat lover. Sorry for your loss. Lived 17 more years because of your kindness.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> Peach is gone.

Damn Sheldar. So sorry to hear about Peach. I assume she was one
of your inside cats? ;-O

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 09 Apr 2019 16:37:13 -0400, Gary > wrote:

wrote:

>> Peach is gone.

>Damn Sheldar. So sorry to hear about Peach. I assume she was one
>of your inside cats? ;-O

Sheldar? Is that the equivalent of Stevers?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:

> On Tue, 09 Apr 2019 16:37:13 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> Peach is gone.

> >Damn Sheldar. So sorry to hear about Peach. I assume she was one
> >of your inside cats? ;-O

> Sheldar? Is that the equivalent of Stevers?

Yes it is. Just a nickname. I've called him that several times
before. Again though, sorry to hear about his loved one.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, April 9, 2019 at 2:14:38 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

> Peach is gone. She hadn't eaten in four days. Vet said her heart was
> barely functioning. Her kidneys were loaded with polyps. Her
> intestines were totally blocked. She had a very good life for 17
> years but it was her time, she was suffering, we put her down. We
> rescued Peach and Blackie from a NYC trash can, they were newborns
> with umbilical cords attached, in a plastic bag.... it was winter,
> freezing cold... some heartless animal threw them away. The nurse
> at my wife's work wrapped them in a heating pad. We nursed them back
> to health. At home Jilly mothered them.
> Peach: https://postimg.cc/hXJV5qGq

Awwwwwww, she was beautiful and sorry she's gone. But you did the right thing
by putting her to sleep and not making her suffer because you couldn't bear to
give her up.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Tuesday, April 9, 2019 at 12:14:38 PM UTC-7, Sheldon wrote:
> Peach is gone. She hadn't eaten in four days. Vet said her heart was
> barely functioning. Her kidneys were loaded with polyps. Her
> intestines were totally blocked. She had a very good life for 17
> years but it was her time, she was suffering, we put her down. We
> rescued Peach and Blackie from a NYC trash can, they were newborns
> with umbilical cords attached, in a plastic bag.... it was winter,
> freezing cold... some heartless animal threw them away. The nurse
> at my wife's work wrapped them in a heating pad. We nursed them back
> to health. At home Jilly mothered them.
> Peach: https://postimg.cc/hXJV5qGq

awwww....... so sorry Sheldon. But it was a blessing to cease further suffering. Nothing worse than having to put one down, I know, been there. Hugs to you.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Sheldon wrote:

> Peach is gone. She hadn't eaten in four days. Vet said her heart was
> barely functioning. Her kidneys were loaded with polyps. Her
> intestines were totally blocked. She had a very good life for 17
> years but it was her time, she was suffering, we put her down. We
> rescued Peach and Blackie from a NYC trash can, they were newborns
> with umbilical cords attached, in a plastic bag.... it was winter,
> freezing cold... some heartless animal threw them away. The nurse
> at my wife's work wrapped them in a heating pad. We nursed them back
> to health. At home Jilly mothered them.
> Peach: https://postimg.cc/hXJV5qGq

A beautiful kitty, thank you for giving her a good life...

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 10 Apr 2019 17:54:15 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, April 9, 2019 at 12:14:38 PM UTC-7, Sheldon wrote:
>> Peach is gone. She hadn't eaten in four days. Vet said her heart was
>> barely functioning. Her kidneys were loaded with polyps. Her
>> intestines were totally blocked. She had a very good life for 17
>> years but it was her time, she was suffering, we put her down. We
>> rescued Peach and Blackie from a NYC trash can, they were newborns
>> with umbilical cords attached, in a plastic bag.... it was winter,
>> freezing cold... some heartless animal threw them away. The nurse
>> at my wife's work wrapped them in a heating pad. We nursed them back
>> to health. At home Jilly mothered them.
>> Peach: https://postimg.cc/hXJV5qGq

>awwww....... so sorry Sheldon. But it was a blessing to cease further suffering. Nothing worse than having to put one down, I know, been there. Hugs to you.

Thank you.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

https://postimg.cc/hXJV5qGq

>I'm very sorry to hear this. My condolences. It hurts but we never
>want them to suffer, no matter how much we wish they could just stay
>with us.
>
>Jill

When their time comes and no chance of recovery putting them down is
the right thing to do. Another day of two of intense pain makes no
sense, and would be selfish, she had more than 17 wonderful years.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Beautiful cat, Im so sorry.

Denise in NH

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, April 9, 2019 at 2:14:38 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
> Peach is gone. She hadn't eaten in four days. Vet said her heart was
> barely functioning. Her kidneys were loaded with polyps. Her
> intestines were totally blocked. She had a very good life for 17
> years but it was her time, she was suffering, we put her down. We
> rescued Peach and Blackie from a NYC trash can, they were newborns
> with umbilical cords attached, in a plastic bag.... it was winter,
> freezing cold... some heartless animal threw them away. The nurse
> at my wife's work wrapped them in a heating pad. We nursed them back
> to health. At home Jilly mothered them.
> Peach: https://postimg.cc/hXJV5qGq

she had a long happy life. you could not do more
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/20/2019 12:57 PM, rosie wrote:
> On Tuesday, April 9, 2019 at 2:14:38 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
>> Peach is gone. She hadn't eaten in four days. Vet said her heart was
>> barely functioning. Her kidneys were loaded with polyps. Her
>> intestines were totally blocked. She had a very good life for 17
>> years but it was her time, she was suffering, we put her down. We
>> rescued Peach and Blackie from a NYC trash can, they were newborns
>> with umbilical cords attached, in a plastic bag.... it was winter,
>> freezing cold... some heartless animal threw them away. The nurse
>> at my wife's work wrapped them in a heating pad. We nursed them back
>> to health. At home Jilly mothered them.
>> Peach: https://postimg.cc/hXJV5qGq

> she had a long happy life. you could not do more

He did his best and she was happy.

Jill