Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Good Stuff!

Julie Bove wrote:

> > "dsi1" wrote:
> > this place gives me diarrhea.
> > https://i.pinimg.com/originals/09/1b...87a9e87951.jpg

> I have heard the same from other people. They are known for greasy, fatty,
> junk type food. People likely overeat there.

Why do you care if others overeat there? Perhaps that is their
only meal of the day. Regardless, it's not your concern in any
way.

> We have an Italian place here with two locations. My dad used to love the
> place but my brother and I always got big D after eating there.
> Angela recently tried the place and she got big D too. Not sure what the deal is. The food
> does taste good but the after effects are not so good.

I don't know about Nancy2 or Jill, but I'd rather occasionally
read about politics here than about people getting diarrhea.

Ever seen that recent tv commercial with 3 guys dressed in pink
singing about diarrhea? How annoying and stupid is that one? I
grab the remote and change channels immediately. arrrgh! lol

Name your poison, I suppose.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/20/2019 7:54 AM, Gary wrote:
> Julie Bove wrote:
>>>
>>> "dsi1" wrote:
>>> this place gives me diarrhea.
>>> https://i.pinimg.com/originals/09/1b...87a9e87951.jpg

>> I have heard the same from other people. They are known for greasy, fatty,
>> junk type food. People likely overeat there.

> Why do you care if others overeat there? Perhaps that is their
> only meal of the day. Regardless, it's not your concern in any
> way.
>
>> We have an Italian place here with two locations. My dad used to love the
>> place but my brother and I always got big D after eating there.
>> Angela recently tried the place and she got big D too. Not sure what the deal is. The food
>> does taste good but the after effects are not so good.

> I don't know about Nancy2 or Jill, but I'd rather occasionally
> read about politics here than about people getting diarrhea.

We don't even know if it is true. You know the RFC rules, post a photo
if you want to be believed!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" wrote in message ...

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Tuesday, March 19, 2019 at 1:10:05 PM UTC-10, tert in seattle wrote:
>> writes:

>> >That's one of the things I have to do if I ever get to NYC: eat at an
>> >Italian restaurant. Any small family place with good food and where
>> >everybody minds his business is fine.
>> >
>> >We have a Spaghetti Factory restaurant over here. I don't care much for
>> >that. It's too big, the food is no good, and everybody's nosy.

>> I tend to avoid restaurants that have "factory" in the name

> So far, I have yet to find that this advice is not prudent. For example,
> this place gives me diarrhea.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/09/1b...87a9e87951.jpg

> ===
>
> Literally??

I have heard the same from other people. They are known for greasy, fatty,
junk type food. People likely overeat there.

We have an Italian place here with two locations. My dad used to love the
place but my brother and I always got big D after eating there. Even if I
only had a salad. My brother still eats there. I won't. Angela recently
tried the place and she got big D too. Not sure what the deal is. The food
does taste good but the after effects are not so good.
==

Oh dear ( I never eat in those places which seems to me to be a Very Good
Thing!!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, March 20, 2019 at 10:26:22 AM UTC-4, Ophelia wrote:
> "Julie Bove" wrote in message ...
>

> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
> >

> > "dsi1" wrote in message

> >> I tend to avoid restaurants that have "factory" in the name

> > So far, I have yet to find that this advice is not prudent. For example,
> > this place gives me diarrhea.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/09/1b...87a9e87951.jpg

> > ===
> >
> > Literally??

> I have heard the same from other people. They are known for greasy, fatty,
> junk type food. People likely overeat there.
>
> We have an Italian place here with two locations. My dad used to love the
> place but my brother and I always got big D after eating there. Even if I
> only had a salad. My brother still eats there. I won't. Angela recently
> tried the place and she got big D too. Not sure what the deal is. The food
> does taste good but the after effects are not so good.
> ==
>
> Oh dear ( I never eat in those places which seems to me to be a Very Good
> Thing!!!

we have a popular chinese buffet place here. the food is tasty. mounds of wonderful deserts. i always become ill when i eat there. ill meaning i get all sweaty, the room gets really loud, my heart bangs. i don't know if it's an msg thing? too much fat? too much sugar? i don't know, but i no longer go there.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, March 20, 2019 at 10:38:00 AM UTC-4, A Moose in Love wrote:
> On Wednesday, March 20, 2019 at 10:26:22 AM UTC-4, Ophelia wrote:
> > "Julie Bove" wrote in message ...
> >

> > "Ophelia" > wrote in message

> > > So far, I have yet to find that this advice is not prudent. For example,
> > > this place gives me diarrhea.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/09/1b...87a9e87951.jpg

> > > ===
> > >
> > > Literally??

> > I have heard the same from other people. They are known for greasy, fatty,
> > junk type food. People likely overeat there.
> >
> > We have an Italian place here with two locations. My dad used to love the
> > place but my brother and I always got big D after eating there. Even if I
> > only had a salad. My brother still eats there. I won't. Angela recently
> > tried the place and she got big D too. Not sure what the deal is. The food
> > does taste good but the after effects are not so good.
> > ==
> >
> > Oh dear ( I never eat in those places which seems to me to be a Very Good
> > Thing!!!

> we have a popular chinese buffet place here. the food is tasty. mounds of wonderful deserts. i always become ill when i eat there. ill meaning i get all sweaty, the room gets really loud, my heart bangs. i don't know if it's an msg thing? too much fat? too much sugar? i don't know, but i no longer go there.

Too much sodium.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> On 3/20/2019 7:54 AM, Gary wrote:
> > I don't know about Nancy2 or Jill, but I'd rather occasionally
> > read about politics here than about people getting diarrhea.
> >

> We don't even know if it is true. You know the RFC rules, post a photo
> if you want to be believed!

Yep. Sheldon has been fairly quite lately. Hope he's doing ok.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, March 19, 2019 at 11:13:21 PM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
> Bruce wrote:

> > What could that mean in a restaurant if you're not a celebrity?

> I was wondering the same thing. Help, Dsi1

It's a reference to a 70's movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao4CiWXGInE&t=90
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, March 19, 2019 at 11:50:08 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Tuesday, March 19, 2019 at 1:10:05 PM UTC-10, tert in seattle wrote:
> > writes:

> > >That's one of the things I have to do if I ever get to NYC: eat at an
> > >Italian restaurant. Any small family place with good food and where
> > >everybody minds his business is fine.
> > >
> > >We have a Spaghetti Factory restaurant over here. I don't care much for
> > >that. It's too big, the food is no good, and everybody's nosy.

> > I tend to avoid restaurants that have "factory" in the name

> So far, I have yet to find that this advice is not prudent. For example,
> this place gives me diarrhea.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/09/1b...87a9e87951.jpg

> ===
>
> Literally??

Cheese cake gives me the trots. White folks can probably eat that stuff till it's coming out of their ears.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, March 20, 2019 at 12:19:25 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:

> Cheese cake gives me the trots. White folks can probably eat that stuff till it's coming out of their ears.

Yep. It's nice keeping my ability to produce lactase. Not all white
people manage it. Mostly those of northern and western European
extraction.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"A Moose in Love" wrote in message

On Wednesday, March 20, 2019 at 10:26:22 AM UTC-4, Ophelia wrote:
> "Julie Bove" wrote in message ...
>

> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
> >

> > "dsi1" wrote in message

> >> I tend to avoid restaurants that have "factory" in the name

> > So far, I have yet to find that this advice is not prudent. For example,
> > this place gives me diarrhea.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/09/1b...87a9e87951.jpg

> > ===
> >
> > Literally??

> I have heard the same from other people. They are known for greasy, fatty,
> junk type food. People likely overeat there.
>
> We have an Italian place here with two locations. My dad used to love the
> place but my brother and I always got big D after eating there. Even if I
> only had a salad. My brother still eats there. I won't. Angela recently
> tried the place and she got big D too. Not sure what the deal is. The food
> does taste good but the after effects are not so good.
> ==
>
> Oh dear ( I never eat in those places which seems to me to be a Very
> Good
> Thing!!!

we have a popular chinese buffet place here. the food is tasty. mounds of
wonderful deserts. i always become ill when i eat there. ill meaning i get
all sweaty, the room gets really loud, my heart bangs. i don't know if
it's an msg thing? too much fat? too much sugar? i don't know, but i no
longer go there.

==

Do you get ill when you cook similar foods at home?? It sounds dreadful to
have such symptoms and you are right to give that place a miss (

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Tuesday, March 19, 2019 at 11:50:08 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Tuesday, March 19, 2019 at 1:10:05 PM UTC-10, tert in seattle wrote:
> > writes:

> > >That's one of the things I have to do if I ever get to NYC: eat at an
> > >Italian restaurant. Any small family place with good food and where
> > >everybody minds his business is fine.
> > >
> > >We have a Spaghetti Factory restaurant over here. I don't care much for
> > >that. It's too big, the food is no good, and everybody's nosy.

> > I tend to avoid restaurants that have "factory" in the name

> So far, I have yet to find that this advice is not prudent. For example,
> this place gives me diarrhea.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/09/1b...87a9e87951.jpg

> ===
>
> Literally??

Cheese cake gives me the trots. White folks can probably eat that stuff till
it's coming out of their ears.

==

I must admit that cheesecake doesn't come out of my ears ... or anywhere
unexpected <g>

Do you have problems with cheese?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/19/2019 9:28 PM, dsi1 wrote:

> The kids love to eat at that place. They also love the Cheesecake Factory. The whole family loves these joints. Mostly, they make me feel queasy.

Had lunch at Cheesecake Factory today, loved the Tex Mex rolls,
the fish and chips with great slaw, no complaints here.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, March 20, 2019 at 4:38:00 AM UTC-10, A Moose in Love wrote:

> we have a popular chinese buffet place here. the food is tasty. mounds of wonderful deserts. i always become ill when i eat there. ill meaning i get all sweaty, the room gets really loud, my heart bangs. i don't know if it's an msg thing? too much fat? too much sugar? i don't know, but i no longer go there.

Eating at a Burger King restaurant makes me feel bad. Beats the heck out of me what causes that. I think it's their burgers.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, March 20, 2019 at 2:23:24 PM UTC-4, Ophelia wrote:
> "A Moose in Love" wrote in message
>
> On Wednesday, March 20, 2019 at 10:26:22 AM UTC-4, Ophelia wrote:
> > "Julie Bove" wrote in message ...
> >

> > "Ophelia" > wrote in message

> > > So far, I have yet to find that this advice is not prudent. For example,
> > > this place gives me diarrhea.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/09/1b...87a9e87951.jpg

> > > ===
> > >
> > > Literally??

> > I have heard the same from other people. They are known for greasy, fatty,
> > junk type food. People likely overeat there.
> >
> > We have an Italian place here with two locations. My dad used to love the
> > place but my brother and I always got big D after eating there. Even if I
> > only had a salad. My brother still eats there. I won't. Angela recently
> > tried the place and she got big D too. Not sure what the deal is. The food
> > does taste good but the after effects are not so good.
> > ==
> >
> > Oh dear ( I never eat in those places which seems to me to be a Very
> > Good
> > Thing!!!

> we have a popular chinese buffet place here. the food is tasty. mounds of
> wonderful deserts. i always become ill when i eat there. ill meaning i get
> all sweaty, the room gets really loud, my heart bangs. i don't know if
> it's an msg thing? too much fat? too much sugar? i don't know, but i no
> longer go there.
>
> ==
>
> Do you get ill when you cook similar foods at home?? It sounds dreadful to
> have such symptoms and you are right to give that place a miss (

no, but i don't cook like that. the odd stir fry i make and i don't use commercial sauces. just a bit of low sodium soy sauce. ginger/garlic/green onion and all that. it'f funny. i can eat commercial pizza and not have that problem. that stuff is supposed to have much sodium/msg.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, March 20, 2019 at 6:40:47 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Wednesday, March 20, 2019 at 12:19:25 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
>
> > Cheese cake gives me the trots. White folks can probably eat that stuff till it's coming out of their ears.

> Yep. It's nice keeping my ability to produce lactase. Not all white
> people manage it. Mostly those of northern and western European
> extraction.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

I propose that seating at the Cheesecake Factory be segregated by race. Asian and black folks would sit in special booths that have Port-a-potties built into the booths. That would help us a lot.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, March 20, 2019 at 8:23:24 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> I must admit that cheesecake doesn't come out of my ears ... or anywhere
> unexpected <g>
>
> Do you have problems with cheese?

I don't have a problem with cheese. Cheesecake is another matter. Maybe it's the high fat, sugar, and lactose content - the perfect diarrhea storm?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Tuesday, March 19, 2019 at 1:10:05 PM UTC-10, tert in seattle
> wrote:
> > writes:

> ethnic food >>> >>> we

> stuff >>> >>> here and

> A >>> >>> pizza

> we've not >>> >>> tried yet but they go on about their authentic
> Sicilian dishes. >>> >>> Turns

> > > That's one of the things I have to do if I ever get to NYC: eat
> > > at an Italian restaurant. Any small family place with good food
> > > and where everybody minds his business is fine.
> > >
> > > We have a Spaghetti Factory restaurant over here. I don't care
> > > much for that. It's too big, the food is no good, and everybody's
> > > nosy.

> > I tend to avoid restaurants that have "factory" in the name

> So far, I have yet to find that this advice is not prudent. For
> example, this place gives me diarrhea.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/09/1b...87a9e87951.jpg

> ===
>
> Literally??

Lactose intolerance can do that.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, March 20, 2019 at 7:00:15 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
> On Wednesday, March 20, 2019 at 8:23:24 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> >
> > I must admit that cheesecake doesn't come out of my ears ... or anywhere
> > unexpected <g>
> >
> > Do you have problems with cheese?

> I don't have a problem with cheese. Cheesecake is another matter. Maybe it's the high fat, sugar, and lactose content - the perfect diarrhea storm?

Ugh! Thanks for the imagery!! ;-)

John Kuthe, Climate Activist!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

A Moose in Love wrote:
> we have a popular chinese buffet place here. the food is tasty. mounds of wonderful deserts. i always become ill when i eat there. ill meaning i get all sweaty, the room gets really loud, my heart bangs. i don't know if it's an msg thing? too much fat? too much sugar? i don't know, but i no longer go there.

ramble zone...

dunno, but for sure i'd not eat there again...
i don't like those type of places because their
sauces all taste about the same and are often too
much sugar/salt and not actually anything i'd
call real flavors or interesting.

for me there are places we avoid because they put
spices on their food we can't tolerate (Mom gets
blisters from black/white/green pepper corns) but
for myself Starbucks coffee and Hardee's burgers.
in both cases i gave them two tries and each time
they made me sick so i've never gone back.

dunno what it was in their products that hated
me.

by contrast i've been to our favorite chinese
place several hundred or a few thousand times over
the years and i've rarely had problems with their
food (i don't really eat chicken that often any
more due to problems from eating it in the past
but i will sometimes have their sweet and sour
chicken without it bothering me).

generally i don't eat out that often at all -
like less than once a month on average unless i'm
on the road - which i've not been the past whiles...

in the end we cook pretty well here and so often
we get such better results for the $ that it makes
little sense for us to eat out.

sadly, my last batch of beans i made two kinds
and by the time i got to the second batch it started
to ferment so i fertilized the lilac tree with those.
i just hope the ones i put in the freezer will be ok.

songbird
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"A Moose in Love" wrote in message

On Wednesday, March 20, 2019 at 2:23:24 PM UTC-4, Ophelia wrote:
> "A Moose in Love" wrote in message
>
> On Wednesday, March 20, 2019 at 10:26:22 AM UTC-4, Ophelia wrote:
> > "Julie Bove" wrote in message ...
> >

> > "Ophelia" > wrote in message
> > >

> > > "dsi1" wrote in message

> > > So far, I have yet to find that this advice is not prudent. For
> > > example,
> > > this place gives me diarrhea.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/09/1b...87a9e87951.jpg

> > > ===
> > >
> > > Literally??

> > I have heard the same from other people. They are known for greasy,
> > fatty,
> > junk type food. People likely overeat there.
> >
> > We have an Italian place here with two locations. My dad used to love
> > the
> > place but my brother and I always got big D after eating there. Even if
> > only had a salad. My brother still eats there. I won't. Angela recently
> > tried the place and she got big D too. Not sure what the deal is. The
> > food
> > does taste good but the after effects are not so good.
> > ==
> >
> > Oh dear ( I never eat in those places which seems to me to be a Very
> > Good
> > Thing!!!

> we have a popular chinese buffet place here. the food is tasty. mounds
> of
> wonderful deserts. i always become ill when i eat there. ill meaning i
> get
> all sweaty, the room gets really loud, my heart bangs. i don't know if
> it's an msg thing? too much fat? too much sugar? i don't know, but i no
> longer go there.
>
> ==
>
> Do you get ill when you cook similar foods at home?? It sounds dreadful
> have such symptoms and you are right to give that place a miss (

no, but i don't cook like that. the odd stir fry i make and i don't use
commercial sauces. just a bit of low sodium soy sauce. ginger/garlic/green
onion and all that. it'f funny. i can eat commercial pizza and not have
that problem. that stuff is supposed to have much sodium/msg.

==

I guess it can't be that then!! Well, it seems there is no answer other
than to avoid it, which you, very sensibly, are

If you like the the kind of things they make, you could make them yourself?
Why not give it a go?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Wednesday, March 20, 2019 at 6:40:47 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Wednesday, March 20, 2019 at 12:19:25 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
>
> > Cheese cake gives me the trots. White folks can probably eat that stuff
> > till it's coming out of their ears.

> Yep. It's nice keeping my ability to produce lactase. Not all white
> people manage it. Mostly those of northern and western European
> extraction.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

I propose that seating at the Cheesecake Factory be segregated by race.
Asian and black folks would sit in special booths that have Port-a-potties
built into the booths. That would help us a lot.

===

lolol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Wednesday, March 20, 2019 at 8:23:24 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> I must admit that cheesecake doesn't come out of my ears ... or anywhere
> unexpected <g>
>
> Do you have problems with cheese?

I don't have a problem with cheese. Cheesecake is another matter. Maybe it's
the high fat, sugar, and lactose content - the perfect diarrhea storm?

===

Ahh ok! It must be that!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cshenk" wrote in message

Ophelia wrote:

> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Tuesday, March 19, 2019 at 1:10:05 PM UTC-10, tert in seattle
> wrote:
> > writes:

> ethnic food >>> >>> we

> stuff >>> >>> here and

> A >>> >>> pizza

> we've not >>> >>> tried yet but they go on about their authentic
> Sicilian dishes. >>> >>> Turns

> > > That's one of the things I have to do if I ever get to NYC: eat
> > > at an Italian restaurant. Any small family place with good food
> > > and where everybody minds his business is fine.
> > >
> > > We have a Spaghetti Factory restaurant over here. I don't care
> > > much for that. It's too big, the food is no good, and everybody's
> > > nosy.

> > I tend to avoid restaurants that have "factory" in the name

> So far, I have yet to find that this advice is not prudent. For
> example, this place gives me diarrhea.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/09/1b...87a9e87951.jpg

> ===
>
> Literally??

Lactose intolerance can do that.

===

Yes, I am learning that!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-03-20 8:00 p.m., dsi1 wrote:
> On Wednesday, March 20, 2019 at 8:23:24 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> I must admit that cheesecake doesn't come out of my ears ... or
>> anywhere unexpected <g>
>>
>> Do you have problems with cheese?

> I don't have a problem with cheese. Cheesecake is another matter.
> Maybe it's the high fat, sugar, and lactose content - the perfect
> diarrhea storm?

I know that feeling. I find it hard to resist a proper, baked cheese
cake, but those refrigerated types just aren't worth it for me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:

> I find it hard to resist a proper, baked cheese
> cake, but those refrigerated types just aren't worth it for me.

I have no problem with any cheesecake but my best ever was:

Baked homemade chocolate chip cookies one day.
Next day made a crust with them and butter.
Filled in with vanilla cheesecake filling.
Baked and yum. Best ever.

Good stuff I've made lately [email protected] General Cooking 5 17-06-2015 05:58 AM
Good stuff I've done lately Silvar Beitel[_2_] General Cooking 8 31-03-2011 01:12 PM
Good stuff I've made lately Silvar Beitel General Cooking 8 11-04-2010 09:37 AM
good stuff in tea Jenn Tea 30 22-04-2008 07:23 AM
Good Stuff for the Weekend Sandy General Cooking 5 16-03-2006 11:06 PM