Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Ever make Chex Mix?

"Bruce" wrote in message ...

On Fri, 15 Mar 2019 18:32:52 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Friday, March 15, 2019 at 8:15:34 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
>>
>> On 2019-03-15 8:16 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
>> >
>> > Some poeple will likely chime up and ask "What is Chex Mix?"

>> Cue Ophelia. The smarter ones will Google.
>>

>You nailed it

If we all Google instead of asking someone here, we can just as well
close RFC.

==

Exactly! Perhaps they won't be happy until it dies, like the UK one did.
Oh wait, it was Janet UK did that! I can see some here are heading to be
the same.

I don't understand all the constant nastiness. Are these people sick or such
quiet 'nice' people in real life that they have to let their real selves out
here.

Wouldn't it be nice if they founded their own group and could bitch and
snarl at each other. They could join together with Janet UK. Can you
imagine it?? Still, it would leave this group with kind and helpful people,
of whom we do have several. Doesn't that sound like heaven compared to what
we have now.

I have come to the conclusion they think it makes them look big and clever
and funny!!

Pity that in reality it makes them look unpleasant and repugnant and
pitiful.

What is this group for if not to discuss food and help those who are
learning a different foods and lifestyle, or is it just for those who look
down on those who are trying to learn. Thank goodness there are still
several of those here for whom I am very grateful. I just hope the
nastiness here won't drive them away too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 08:25:35 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message ...
>
>If we all Google instead of asking someone here, we can just as well
>close RFC.
>
>==
>
>Exactly! Perhaps they won't be happy until it dies, like the UK one did.
>Oh wait, it was Janet UK did that! I can see some here are heading to be
>the same.
>
>I don't understand all the constant nastiness. Are these people sick or such
>quiet 'nice' people in real life that they have to let their real selves out
>here.
>
>Wouldn't it be nice if they founded their own group and could bitch and
>snarl at each other. They could join together with Janet UK. Can you
>imagine it?? Still, it would leave this group with kind and helpful people,
>of whom we do have several. Doesn't that sound like heaven compared to what
>we have now.
>
>I have come to the conclusion they think it makes them look big and clever
>and funny!!
>
>Pity that in reality it makes them look unpleasant and repugnant and
>pitiful.
>
>What is this group for if not to discuss food and help those who are
>learning a different foods and lifestyle, or is it just for those who look
>down on those who are trying to learn. Thank goodness there are still
>several of those here for whom I am very grateful. I just hope the
>nastiness here won't drive them away too.

Well, RFC has survived people like Janet "The Shrew" UK and her ilk so
far, so my money's on RFC outlasting them.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Friday, March 15, 2019 at 2:51:07 PM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "Nancy2" > wrote in message
>>
>> > I'm with you, itsjoan...that stuff is addictive, and easily gobbled up
>> > without thinking about it, like
>> > when I am reading or watching a movie. ;-)). I confess, when I make
>> > it,
>> > it is usually mostly
>> > because I want some, not because someone else asked for it.
>> >
>> > N.

>> Not to me it isn't. I don't even like to be around when it's baking.
>> Smells
>> awful. Tastes worse.
>>

> Throw some beans and brown rice in the mix; you'll love it.

Nope.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "Bruce" wrote in message
>
> On Fri, 15 Mar 2019 18:32:52 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:

>>> Cue Ophelia. The smarter ones will Google.
>>>

>>You nailed it

> If we all Google instead of asking someone here, we can just as well
> close RFC.
>
> ==
>
> Exactly! Perhaps they won't be happy until it dies, like the UK one did.
> Oh wait, it was Janet UK did that! I can see some here are heading to be
> the same.
>
> I don't understand all the constant nastiness. Are these people sick or
> such
> quiet 'nice' people in real life that they have to let their real selves
> out
> here.
>
> Wouldn't it be nice if they founded their own group and could bitch and
> snarl at each other. They could join together with Janet UK. Can you
> imagine it?? Still, it would leave this group with kind and helpful
> people,
> of whom we do have several. Doesn't that sound like heaven compared to
> what we have now.
>
> I have come to the conclusion they think it makes them look big and clever
> and funny!!
>
> Pity that in reality it makes them look unpleasant and repugnant and
> pitiful.
>
> What is this group for if not to discuss food and help those who are
> learning a different foods and lifestyle, or is it just for those who look
> down on those who are trying to learn. Thank goodness there are still
> several of those here for whom I am very grateful. I just hope the
> nastiness here won't drive them away too.

The funny thing is, these crabby nitpickers all have foods that they either
can't or won't eat. They're fine with that. But don't anyone else mention
that stuff.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, March 15, 2019 at 8:01:35 PM UTC-4, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
> In article >, jmcquown
> > wrote:
>

> > I do love Chex Mix, though. Haven't made it in years. Yes, it's as
> > simple as reading the recipe on any one of the three boxes of Chex
> > cereals. Rice, Corn or Wheat Chex.

> I love Chex Mix too. I probably last made it three or four years ago.
> The problem is that I have to buy three boxes of Chex, and I don't use
> them all. The partial box of Wheat Chex languishes until I finally
> throw it out two years later. I don't like it as a breakfast cereal.
> I suppose I could do a box and a box and a box and up the other
> ingredients. Then I'd have a ton that cost a fortune.
> Decisions, decisions, decisions. Maybe this year again. By the way, the
> pre-mixed stuff in the snack food aisle sucks! They ought to be
> ashamed.
>
> leo

I don't like Wheat Chex even in Chex Mix, so I just omit it.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, March 15, 2019 at 10:00:54 PM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Mar 2019 18:32:52 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:

> >> Cue Ophelia. The smarter ones will Google.
> >>

> >You nailed it

> If we all Google instead of asking someone here, we can just as well
> close RFC.

Not necessarily. Chex Mix is a good one to google, because it's made
of manufactured ingredients and there are many sources for the recipe
on the web.

If someone mentions a food (e.g., green bean soup) and google turns
up many widely differing recipes, it's worth coming back here and
saying "Which green bean soup did you mean?"

There's also "what's your tried and true recipe for X?" Not all recipes
on the web are reliable.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 03:29:54 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Friday, March 15, 2019 at 10:00:54 PM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
>> On Fri, 15 Mar 2019 18:32:52 -0700 (PDT), "
>> > wrote:

>> >You nailed it

>> If we all Google instead of asking someone here, we can just as well
>> close RFC.

>Not necessarily. Chex Mix is a good one to google, because it's made
>of manufactured ingredients and there are many sources for the recipe
>on the web.

That requires prior knowledge of Chex Mix, something I've never heard
of.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 6:38:15 AM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 03:29:54 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
> >On Friday, March 15, 2019 at 10:00:54 PM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
> >> On Fri, 15 Mar 2019 18:32:52 -0700 (PDT), "

> >> If we all Google instead of asking someone here, we can just as well
> >> close RFC.

> >Not necessarily. Chex Mix is a good one to google, because it's made
> >of manufactured ingredients and there are many sources for the recipe
> >on the web.

> That requires prior knowledge of Chex Mix, something I've never heard
> of.

Then google is a good place to start.

For me, at least, "What is Chex Mix" turns up this as the first
non-sponsored link:

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chex_Mix>

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message
.. .

>If we all Google instead of asking someone here, we can just as well
>close RFC.
>
>==
>
>Exactly! Perhaps they won't be happy until it dies, like the UK one did.
>Oh wait, it was Janet UK did that! I can see some here are heading to be
>the same.
>
>I don't understand all the constant nastiness. Are these people sick or
>such
>quiet 'nice' people in real life that they have to let their real selves
>out
>here.
>
>Wouldn't it be nice if they founded their own group and could bitch and
>snarl at each other. They could join together with Janet UK. Can you
>imagine it?? Still, it would leave this group with kind and helpful
>people,
>of whom we do have several. Doesn't that sound like heaven compared to what
>we have now.
>
>I have come to the conclusion they think it makes them look big and clever
>and funny!!
>
>Pity that in reality it makes them look unpleasant and repugnant and
>pitiful.
>
>What is this group for if not to discuss food and help those who are
>learning a different foods and lifestyle, or is it just for those who look
>down on those who are trying to learn. Thank goodness there are still
>several of those here for whom I am very grateful. I just hope the
>nastiness here won't drive them away too.

Well, RFC has survived people like Janet "The Shrew" UK and her ilk so
far, so my money's on RFC outlasting them.

==

Fingers crossed! Oh I do hope so!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 03:46:23 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 6:38:15 AM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
>> On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 03:29:54 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>> >Not necessarily. Chex Mix is a good one to google, because it's made
>> >of manufactured ingredients and there are many sources for the recipe
>> >on the web.

>> That requires prior knowledge of Chex Mix, something I've never heard
>> of.

>Then google is a good place to start.
>
>For me, at least, "What is Chex Mix" turns up this as the first
>non-sponsored link:
>
><https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chex_Mix>

Sure, but there's nothing wrong with asking in RFC either.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" wrote in message ...

On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 03:46:23 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 6:38:15 AM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
>> On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 03:29:54 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>> >Not necessarily. Chex Mix is a good one to google, because it's made
>> >of manufactured ingredients and there are many sources for the recipe
>> >on the web.

>> That requires prior knowledge of Chex Mix, something I've never heard
>> of.

>Then google is a good place to start.
>
>For me, at least, "What is Chex Mix" turns up this as the first
>non-sponsored link:
>
><https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chex_Mix>

Sure, but there's nothing wrong with asking in RFC either.

==

It seems to me there would be no reason to have RFC if everyone just used
Google.

Plus all the things I learned from Janet US I would never have got from
Google!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/16/2019 6:29 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Friday, March 15, 2019 at 10:00:54 PM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
>> On Fri, 15 Mar 2019 18:32:52 -0700 (PDT), "
>> > wrote:

>>> You nailed it

>> If we all Google instead of asking someone here, we can just as well
>> close RFC.

> Not necessarily. Chex Mix is a good one to google, because it's made
> of manufactured ingredients and there are many sources for the recipe
> on the web.
>
> If someone mentions a food (e.g., green bean soup) and google turns
> up many widely differing recipes, it's worth coming back here and
> saying "Which green bean soup did you mean?"
>
> There's also "what's your tried and true recipe for X?" Not all recipes
> on the web are reliable.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Ever tried having a conversation with Google? I've never heard of
green bean soup, either.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 8:34:02 AM UTC-4, Jill McQuown wrote:
> On 3/16/2019 6:29 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > On Friday, March 15, 2019 at 10:00:54 PM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
> >> On Fri, 15 Mar 2019 18:32:52 -0700 (PDT), "

> >> If we all Google instead of asking someone here, we can just as well
> >> close RFC.

> > Not necessarily. Chex Mix is a good one to google, because it's made
> > of manufactured ingredients and there are many sources for the recipe
> > on the web.
> >
> > If someone mentions a food (e.g., green bean soup) and google turns
> > up many widely differing recipes, it's worth coming back here and
> > saying "Which green bean soup did you mean?"
> >
> > There's also "what's your tried and true recipe for X?" Not all recipes
> > on the web are reliable.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton
> >

> Ever tried having a conversation with Google? I've never heard of
> green bean soup, either.
>
> Jill

A Moose in Love (IIRC) mentioned it in another thread. The most
promising recipe I found was this:

<https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/13197/green-bean-soup/>

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/16/2019 10:36 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 8:34:02 AM UTC-4, Jill McQuown wrote:

>>> Not necessarily. Chex Mix is a good one to google, because it's made
>>> of manufactured ingredients and there are many sources for the recipe
>>> on the web.
>>>
>>> If someone mentions a food (e.g., green bean soup) and google turns
>>> up many widely differing recipes, it's worth coming back here and
>>> saying "Which green bean soup did you mean?"
>>>
>>> There's also "what's your tried and true recipe for X?" Not all recipes
>>> on the web are reliable.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton
>>>

>> Ever tried having a conversation with Google? I've never heard of
>> green bean soup, either.
>>
>> Jill

> A Moose in Love (IIRC) mentioned it in another thread. The most
> promising recipe I found was this:
>
> <https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/13197/green-bean-soup/>
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Thanks! Doesn't really look like something I'd be interested in. I do
like green beans.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> Thanks! Doesn't really look like something I'd be interested in. I do
> like green beans.

I like green beans. Even canned ones. Good along with mashed
pototoes and gravy. Always gravy on the beans too.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> What is this group for if not to discuss food and help those who are
> learning a different foods and lifestyle, or is it just for those who look
> down on those who are trying to learn. Thank goodness there are still
> several of those here for whom I am very grateful. I just hope the
> nastiness here won't drive them away too.

You should get rid of your killfile and read and accept all
posters here. This is usenet, you know...it's the wild west and
best to keep it that way. Censorship in any form is bad, even if
you initiate it yourself.

Notice that all the "friendly" groups have died. I was in one
too.

The key to RFC survival is the *combination* of food talk and
everything else. We all know each other and just like next door
friends should NOT be limited to just one subject. In real life,
you talk about everything with people you know.

Even YOU have a very dark side. So be careful before you "throw
the first stone."

If you are so sensitive to real life, you should switch to RFC
facebook. It sounds to me like maybe "RFC Baby version."
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> The funny thing is, these crabby nitpickers all have foods that they either
> can't or won't eat. They're fine with that. But don't anyone else mention
> that stuff.

No. The really funny thing, Julie is that you can't or won't eat
almost all food known to man.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/16/2019 12:46 PM, Gary wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> Thanks! Doesn't really look like something I'd be interested in. I do
>> like green beans.

> I like green beans. Even canned ones. Good along with mashed
> pototoes and gravy. Always gravy on the beans too.

Well, I don't put gravy on green beans. But they are great along with a
slice of beef pot roast and mashed potatoes with gravy!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" wrote in message ...

Ophelia wrote:

> What is this group for if not to discuss food and help those who are
> learning a different foods and lifestyle, or is it just for those who look
> down on those who are trying to learn. Thank goodness there are still
> several of those here for whom I am very grateful. I just hope the
> nastiness here won't drive them away too.

You should get rid of your killfile and read and accept all
posters here. This is usenet, you know...it's the wild west and
best to keep it that way. Censorship in any form is bad, even if
you initiate it yourself.

Notice that all the "friendly" groups have died. I was in one
too.

The key to RFC survival is the *combination* of food talk and
everything else. We all know each other and just like next door
friends should NOT be limited to just one subject. In real life,
you talk about everything with people you know.

Even YOU have a very dark side. So be careful before you "throw
the first stone."

If you are so sensitive to real life, you should switch to RFC
facebook. It sounds to me like maybe "RFC Baby version."
==

I will stay where i want to stay and I will killfile anyone I wish)

Sorry if it offends you.

If you don't like it, you could always put me in YOUR killfile ...;p

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 6:14:05 AM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

> On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 03:46:23 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton

> >> That requires prior knowledge of Chex Mix, something I've never heard
> >> of.

> >Then google is a good place to start.
> >
> >For me, at least, "What is Chex Mix" turns up this as the first
> >non-sponsored link:
> >
> ><https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chex_Mix>

> Sure, but there's nothing wrong with asking in RFC either.

No, there is nothing wrong with asking in RFC, but when a person is too lazy
to look up ingredients or recipes or continually asks about a recipe (queue
OhFeelMe and chili) that's when it becomes annoying.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 10:21:28 AM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:

> On 3/16/2019 10:36 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> >
> > A Moose in Love (IIRC) mentioned it in another thread. The most
> > promising recipe I found was this:
> >
> > <https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/13197/green-bean-soup/>
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton
> >

> Thanks! Doesn't really look like something I'd be interested in. I do
> like green beans.
>
> Jill

I love green beans but I think I'd have to pass on this dish, too.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 10:46:45 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:

> I like green beans. Even canned ones. Good along with mashed
> pototoes and gravy. Always gravy on the beans too.

Uh, no, nope, not gonna eat my green beans with gravy on them. But you
go right ahead and enjoy them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 11:49:39 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> The funny thing is, these crabby nitpickers all have foods that they either
>> can't or won't eat. They're fine with that. But don't anyone else mention
>> that stuff.

>No. The really funny thing, Julie is that you can't or won't eat
>almost all food known to man.

Whereas you're a garbage truck. You open your pie hole and
supermarkets and fast food joints can throw anything in there that
they need to get rid of.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 11:49:34 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message ...
>
>On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 03:46:23 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:
>
>>On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 6:38:15 AM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
>>> On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 03:29:54 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton

>>> That requires prior knowledge of Chex Mix, something I've never heard
>>> of.

>>Then google is a good place to start.
>>
>>For me, at least, "What is Chex Mix" turns up this as the first
>>non-sponsored link:
>>
>><https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chex_Mix>

>Sure, but there's nothing wrong with asking in RFC either.
>
>==
>
>It seems to me there would be no reason to have RFC if everyone just used
>Google.
>
>Plus all the things I learned from Janet US I would never have got from
>Google!

Makes sense to me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 10:15:08 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 6:14:05 AM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 03:46:23 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton

>> >Then google is a good place to start.
>> >
>> >For me, at least, "What is Chex Mix" turns up this as the first
>> >non-sponsored link:
>> >
>> ><https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chex_Mix>

>> Sure, but there's nothing wrong with asking in RFC either.
>>

>No, there is nothing wrong with asking in RFC, but when a person is too lazy
>to look up ingredients or recipes or continually asks about a recipe (queue
>OhFeelMe and chili) that's when it becomes annoying.

If this annoys you, you must have a very uneventful life.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 08:33:51 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 3/16/2019 6:29 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> On Friday, March 15, 2019 at 10:00:54 PM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
>>> On Fri, 15 Mar 2019 18:32:52 -0700 (PDT), "

>>> If we all Google instead of asking someone here, we can just as well
>>> close RFC.

>> Not necessarily. Chex Mix is a good one to google, because it's made
>> of manufactured ingredients and there are many sources for the recipe
>> on the web.
>>
>> If someone mentions a food (e.g., green bean soup) and google turns
>> up many widely differing recipes, it's worth coming back here and
>> saying "Which green bean soup did you mean?"
>>
>> There's also "what's your tried and true recipe for X?" Not all recipes
>> on the web are reliable.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton
>>

>Ever tried having a conversation with Google?

Touché!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 12:38:15 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 03:29:54 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
> >On Friday, March 15, 2019 at 10:00:54 PM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
> >> On Fri, 15 Mar 2019 18:32:52 -0700 (PDT), "

> >> If we all Google instead of asking someone here, we can just as well
> >> close RFC.

> >Not necessarily. Chex Mix is a good one to google, because it's made
> >of manufactured ingredients and there are many sources for the recipe
> >on the web.

> That requires prior knowledge of Chex Mix, something I've never heard
> of.

Non-Americans need not know about Chex cereal or Chex Mix and Americans need not know a thing about hazelnuts.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 11:58:32 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 12:38:15 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
>> On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 03:29:54 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>> >Not necessarily. Chex Mix is a good one to google, because it's made
>> >of manufactured ingredients and there are many sources for the recipe
>> >on the web.

>> That requires prior knowledge of Chex Mix, something I've never heard
>> of.

>Non-Americans need not know about Chex cereal or Chex Mix and Americans need not know a thing about hazelnuts.

True, we already have muesli and you already have filberts.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 1:53:05 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

> On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 10:15:08 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
> >No, there is nothing wrong with asking in RFC, but when a person is too lazy
> >to look up ingredients or recipes or continually asks about a recipe (queue
> >OhFeelMe and chili) that's when it becomes annoying.

> If this annoys you, you must have a very uneventful life.

It has nothing to do with whether my life is uneventful or not. You get
annoyed at people getting tired of Ju-ju's foolishness and speaking out.
But OhFeelMe asking the same question again and again and again and again
is just fine and dandy, huh? That must be the only exciting thing happen-
ing in your uneventful life.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 12:10:03 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 1:53:05 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 10:15:08 -0700 (PDT), "
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >No, there is nothing wrong with asking in RFC, but when a person is too lazy
>> >to look up ingredients or recipes or continually asks about a recipe (queue
>> >OhFeelMe and chili) that's when it becomes annoying.

>> If this annoys you, you must have a very uneventful life.
>>

>It has nothing to do with whether my life is uneventful or not. You get
>annoyed at people getting tired of Ju-ju's foolishness and speaking out.
>But OhFeelMe asking the same question again and again and again and again
>is just fine and dandy, huh? That must be the only exciting thing happen-
>ing in your uneventful life.

I'm sure sometimes things get discussed more than once here. That
doesn't bother me at all. Maybe I didn't read it the first time. Or I
did, but forgot all about it. Or I didn't find it interesting then,
but I do now. Isn't life amazing?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> > wrote in message

> gobbled up >>> without thinking about it, like

> make > it, >>> it is usually mostly

> > > Not to me it isn't. I don't even like to be around when it's
> > > baking. Smells awful. Tastes worse.
> > >

> > Throw some beans and brown rice in the mix; you'll love it.

> Nope.

BTW, I made something I think fits you but I've not seen you mention it.

I could have missed it as I skip about reading a fair amount.

'Butterbeans' and black pepper are the basics in a crock pot. I used
dried. Butter beans techncally are large limas but when dried and then
cooked, the only simiarity to limas is the shape.

You can make this one meat free but it works better with a bit of pork.
The pork can be ham hock (fatty), hog jowl (hard to get where you are),
cured pork belly (you should be able to get that), or leftover ham bits.

12-16oz dried butter beans (may be labeled large limas) and add 1/2 cup
onion then 1/2 cup mushrooms (strongly preferred they be king Oyster,
shemenji, or portabella types). Add about 1/2-1TB black pepper with
smoked black pepper preferred.

Water to the top and this is the odd one where you will add more water
as it cooks.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 3:20:09 PM UTC-5, cshenk wrote:

> BTW, I made something I think fits you but I've not seen you mention it.
>
> I could have missed it as I skip about reading a fair amount.
>
> 'Butterbeans' and black pepper are the basics in a crock pot. I used
> dried. Butter beans techncally are large limas but when dried and then
> cooked, the only simiarity to limas is the shape.

Naw, she wouldn't like it because ______________________ (fill in the blank).
But I've got an amusing tale, at least I think it's amusing. Years and years
ago, about a hundred years ago, I was the grocery store looking at the bags
of dried 'limas.' I bought a bag, cooked them and enjoyed them to the last
bean. But I was sorely disappointed that my 'limas' were not green nor did
they turn green after cooking. I laugh about it now but at the time I thought
I had really been cheated.

:-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 13:58:04 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 3:20:09 PM UTC-5, cshenk wrote:
>>
>> BTW, I made something I think fits you but I've not seen you mention it.
>>
>> I could have missed it as I skip about reading a fair amount.
>>
>> 'Butterbeans' and black pepper are the basics in a crock pot. I used
>> dried. Butter beans techncally are large limas but when dried and then
>> cooked, the only simiarity to limas is the shape.
>>

>Naw, she wouldn't like it because ______________________ (fill in the blank).
>But I've got an amusing tale, at least I think it's amusing. Years and years
>ago, about a hundred years ago, I was the grocery store looking at the bags
>of dried 'limas.' I bought a bag, cooked them and enjoyed them to the last
>bean. But I was sorely disappointed that my 'limas' were not green nor did
>they turn green after cooking. I laugh about it now but at the time I thought
>I had really been cheated.

You felt like you had bean cheated.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce > wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 01:04:34 -0000 (UTC), Jinx the Minx
> > wrote:
>
>> Bruce > wrote:
>>> On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 00:35:33 -0000 (UTC), Jinx the Minx

>>> I see nothing wrong. Or does it turn single spaces into double spaces?
>>>

>> It removes commas and apostrophes, for one. The double space is a personal
>> preference because thatÂ’s the way I was taught, even though it is no longer
>> considered correct.

> I see that you use fancy/curly apostrophes. Can't you use straight
> ones? They might survive better during quoting and re-quoting.

I use the only apostrophe available to me, and it is straight not curly.
Like I said previously, Im posting from an app on my cell phone.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jill, I,have explained at length why I don't/can't quote. When on this ancient iPad, I am unable to
trim posts at all. When on my laptop, it looks like the quoted post will show up, but it doesn't.
So sorry.
My post to "dear clueless person" was pretty self-explanatory. I don't think it needed a quoted
portion to make sense.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy2. Nancy2, I'd say that you have found an easy workaround for this big flaw of the mobile interface of Google Groups. You are putting the name of the person you're responding to at the beginning of your post. Near as I can tell, some folks are only reading every other word in your posts starting with the second word. My suggestion is that you put the name of the person you're responding to twice. That might help - unless these idiots are only reading every third word.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 17 Mar 2019 00:56:35 GMT, Pamela >
wrote:

>On 09:30 16 Mar 2019, Bruce > wrote:
>>
>> Well, RFC has survived people like Janet "The Shrew" UK and her ilk so
>> far, so my money's on RFC outlasting them.

>Bruce, Janet UK's posts here have been more on topic and more useful for
>cooking than your frequent offering.
>
>Now you indulge in gratuitous name calling by calling her "The Shrew" for
>no immediate reason. Whenever other people have used such language,
>you're the first to criticise them. Hypocrisy?

Janet UK's one of the two nastiest people in RFC. So are you really a
man, Pamela?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 17 Mar 2019 12:40:34 +1100, Bruce >
wrote:

>On Sun, 17 Mar 2019 00:56:35 GMT, Pamela >
>wrote:
>
>>On 09:30 16 Mar 2019, Bruce > wrote:
>>>
>>> Well, RFC has survived people like Janet "The Shrew" UK and her ilk so
>>> far, so my money's on RFC outlasting them.

>>Bruce, Janet UK's posts here have been more on topic and more useful for
>>cooking than your frequent offering.
>>
>>Now you indulge in gratuitous name calling by calling her "The Shrew" for
>>no immediate reason. Whenever other people have used such language,
>>you're the first to criticise them. Hypocrisy?

>Janet UK's one of the two nastiest people in RFC. So are you really a
>man, Pamela?

Pamela is a hot chick with F Cups.