Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default air fried McGriddle revisit....

I first tried to make the McGriddle in an airfryer and it did not turn
out too well. I though about it for awhile then looked at an actual
McGriddle on the web somewhere and realized they are in fact baked
(possibly in an air fryer type appliance) so I decided to give it
another go...

This time I was a tad more patient and gave it a few more minutes and
it worked beautifully. I added some applebutter jam to the pancake
batter(I previously posted the ingredients and steps I took) and it
made for a wonderful apple McGriddle.
--

"There are idiots among us, and they all believe in a god"
~Toidi Uoy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, March 9, 2019 at 12:51:20 PM UTC-6, wrote:

> I first tried to make the McGriddle in an airfryer and it did not turn
> out too well. I though about it for awhile then looked at an actual
> McGriddle on the web somewhere and realized they are in fact baked
> (possibly in an air fryer type appliance) so I decided to give it
> another go...
>
> This time I was a tad more patient and gave it a few more minutes and
> it worked beautifully. I added some applebutter jam to the pancake
> batter(I previously posted the ingredients and steps I took) and it
> made for a wonderful apple McGriddle.

I've had the McGriddles once, but really did not ring my bell, but glad you
like them and have figured out the recipe to cook at home. The sausage, egg
McMuffin has my name all over it!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 9 Mar 2019 12:17:27 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>On Saturday, March 9, 2019 at 12:51:20 PM UTC-6, wrote:
>>
>> I first tried to make the McGriddle in an airfryer and it did not turn
>> out too well. I though about it for awhile then looked at an actual
>> McGriddle on the web somewhere and realized they are in fact baked
>> (possibly in an air fryer type appliance) so I decided to give it
>> another go...
>>
>> This time I was a tad more patient and gave it a few more minutes and
>> it worked beautifully. I added some applebutter jam to the pancake
>> batter(I previously posted the ingredients and steps I took) and it
>> made for a wonderful apple McGriddle.
>>

>I've had the McGriddles once, but really did not ring my bell, but glad you
>like them and have figured out the recipe to cook at home. The sausage, egg
>McMuffin has my name all over it!

Here's the muffin for ya:
"Ingredients: Enriched Flour (Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour,
Niacin, Iron, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Water, Yeast, Yellow
Corn Meal (Degermed Yellow Corn Meal and Corn Flour), Contains 2% or
Less: Sugar, Soybean Oil, Salt, Dough Conditioners (Mono-, Di- and
Tricalcium Phosphate, DATEM, Ascorbic Acid, Enzymes, Ethylated Mono
and Digylcerides), Wheat Gluten, Cultured Wheat Flour, Citric Acid,
Baking Soda, Fumaric Acid."

Yuck!

And the "Canadian" bacon:
"Pork Cured with Water, Sugar, Salt, Sodium Lactate, Sodium Phosphate,
Natural Flavor, Maltodextrin, Sodium Diacetate and Sodium Nitrite "

Yuck!

McDonalds should be sued for crimes against humanity.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 10 Mar 2019 07:45:24 +1100, Bruce >
wrote:

>On Sat, 9 Mar 2019 12:17:27 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:
>
>>On Saturday, March 9, 2019 at 12:51:20 PM UTC-6, wrote:
>>>
>>> I first tried to make the McGriddle in an airfryer and it did not turn
>>> out too well. I though about it for awhile then looked at an actual
>>> McGriddle on the web somewhere and realized they are in fact baked
>>> (possibly in an air fryer type appliance) so I decided to give it
>>> another go...
>>>
>>> This time I was a tad more patient and gave it a few more minutes and
>>> it worked beautifully. I added some applebutter jam to the pancake
>>> batter(I previously posted the ingredients and steps I took) and it
>>> made for a wonderful apple McGriddle.
>>>

>>I've had the McGriddles once, but really did not ring my bell, but glad you
>>like them and have figured out the recipe to cook at home. The sausage, egg
>>McMuffin has my name all over it!

Do you like pancakes? That is all a McGriddle is, except when you make
it at home there are tons less chemicals in it. It is basically a
pancake that is made in an egg ring and the maple syrup is mixed in
with the batter.
I added a apple butter jam and made like a apple doughnut cake You
should try it

>Here's the muffin for ya:
>"Ingredients: Enriched Flour (Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour,
>Niacin, Iron, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Water, Yeast, Yellow
>Corn Meal (Degermed Yellow Corn Meal and Corn Flour), Contains 2% or
>Less: Sugar, Soybean Oil, Salt, Dough Conditioners (Mono-, Di- and
>Tricalcium Phosphate, DATEM, Ascorbic Acid, Enzymes, Ethylated Mono
>and Digylcerides), Wheat Gluten, Cultured Wheat Flour, Citric Acid,
>Baking Soda, Fumaric Acid."

>Yuck!
>
>And the "Canadian" bacon:
>"Pork Cured with Water, Sugar, Salt, Sodium Lactate, Sodium Phosphate,
>Natural Flavor, Maltodextrin, Sodium Diacetate and Sodium Nitrite "
>
>Yuck!
>
>McDonalds should be sued for crimes against humanity.

I fully agree....

It should be called chemically toxic mcmuffin

The sausage is not any better SAUSAGE PATTY: Beef, Seasoning [Salt,
Dried Glucose Syrup (from wheat), Sucrose, Spices, Vegetable Powders
(Garlic, Onion), Mineral Salt (341), Hydrolysed Vegetable Protein
(from soy), Antioxidant (306), Canola Oil, Spice Extracts].

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, March 9, 2019 at 4:07:51 PM UTC-6, wrote:

> Do you like pancakes? That is all a McGriddle is, except when you make
> it at home there are tons less chemicals in it. It is basically a
> pancake that is made in an egg ring and the maple syrup is mixed in
> with the batter.
> I added a apple butter jam and made like a apple doughnut cake You
> should try it

I love pancakes but the McGriddle I had was served like a bun with a sausage
patty and maybe an egg. It's been so long ago so I'm not sure about the egg.
It just didn't seem to go together as a 'sandwich.'

> The sausage is not any better SAUSAGE PATTY: Beef, Seasoning [Salt,
> Dried Glucose Syrup (from wheat), Sucrose, Spices, Vegetable Powders
> (Garlic, Onion), Mineral Salt (341), Hydrolysed Vegetable Protein
> (from soy), Antioxidant (306), Canola Oil, Spice Extracts].

I fix the egg McMuffin at home with pork sausage I've cooked. Although I'm
not adverse to eating one from McDonalds.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> On Sat, 9 Mar 2019 12:17:27 -0800 (PST), "
> > wrote:
>
>> On Saturday, March 9, 2019 at 12:51:20 PM UTC-6, wrote:
>>>
>>> I first tried to make the McGriddle in an airfryer and it did not turn
>>> out too well. I though about it for awhile then looked at an actual
>>> McGriddle on the web somewhere and realized they are in fact baked
>>> (possibly in an air fryer type appliance) so I decided to give it
>>> another go...
>>>
>>> This time I was a tad more patient and gave it a few more minutes and
>>> it worked beautifully. I added some applebutter jam to the pancake
>>> batter(I previously posted the ingredients and steps I took) and it
>>> made for a wonderful apple McGriddle.
>>>

>> I've had the McGriddles once, but really did not ring my bell, but glad you
>> like them and have figured out the recipe to cook at home. The sausage, egg
>> McMuffin has my name all over it!

> Here's the muffin for ya:
> "Ingredients: Enriched Flour (Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour,
> Niacin, Iron, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Water, Yeast, Yellow
> Corn Meal (Degermed Yellow Corn Meal and Corn Flour), Contains 2% or
> Less: Sugar, Soybean Oil, Salt, Dough Conditioners (Mono-, Di- and
> Tricalcium Phosphate, DATEM, Ascorbic Acid, Enzymes, Ethylated Mono
> and Digylcerides), Wheat Gluten, Cultured Wheat Flour, Citric Acid,
> Baking Soda, Fumaric Acid."
>
> Yuck!
>
> And the "Canadian" bacon:
> "Pork Cured with Water, Sugar, Salt, Sodium Lactate, Sodium Phosphate,
> Natural Flavor, Maltodextrin, Sodium Diacetate and Sodium Nitrite "
>
> Yuck!
>
> McDonalds should be sued for crimes against humanity.

Yoose should file a lawsuit.

Otherwise, quite bitching about a junk food vendor. It makes you look bad.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 9 Mar 2019 20:27:46 -0600, Hank Rogers >
wrote:

>Bruce wrote:
>> On Sat, 9 Mar 2019 12:17:27 -0800 (PST), "
>> > wrote:

>>> I've had the McGriddles once, but really did not ring my bell, but glad you
>>> like them and have figured out the recipe to cook at home. The sausage, egg
>>> McMuffin has my name all over it!

>> Here's the muffin for ya:
>> "Ingredients: Enriched Flour (Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour,
>> Niacin, Iron, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Water, Yeast, Yellow
>> Corn Meal (Degermed Yellow Corn Meal and Corn Flour), Contains 2% or
>> Less: Sugar, Soybean Oil, Salt, Dough Conditioners (Mono-, Di- and
>> Tricalcium Phosphate, DATEM, Ascorbic Acid, Enzymes, Ethylated Mono
>> and Digylcerides), Wheat Gluten, Cultured Wheat Flour, Citric Acid,
>> Baking Soda, Fumaric Acid."
>>
>> Yuck!
>>
>> And the "Canadian" bacon:
>> "Pork Cured with Water, Sugar, Salt, Sodium Lactate, Sodium Phosphate,
>> Natural Flavor, Maltodextrin, Sodium Diacetate and Sodium Nitrite "
>>
>> Yuck!
>>
>> McDonalds should be sued for crimes against humanity.
>>

>Yoose should file a lawsuit.
>
>Otherwise, quite bitching about a junk food vendor. It makes you look bad.

It's an honour to look bad in your eyes.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
>I first tried to make the McGriddle in an airfryer and it did not turn
> out too well. I though about it for awhile then looked at an actual
> McGriddle on the web somewhere and realized they are in fact baked
> (possibly in an air fryer type appliance) so I decided to give it
> another go...
>
> This time I was a tad more patient and gave it a few more minutes and
> it worked beautifully. I added some applebutter jam to the pancake
> batter(I previously posted the ingredients and steps I took) and it
> made for a wonderful apple McGriddle.
> --
>

> "There are idiots among us, and they all believe in a god"
> ~Toidi Uoy

I don't even know what a McGriddle is. I am assuming it's some McDonald's
thing. Dunno. Never eat there.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, March 9, 2019 at 5:06:32 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
> > wrote in message
> >I first tried to make the McGriddle in an airfryer and it did not turn
> > out too well. I though about it for awhile then looked at an actual
> > McGriddle on the web somewhere and realized they are in fact baked
> > (possibly in an air fryer type appliance) so I decided to give it
> > another go...
> >
> > This time I was a tad more patient and gave it a few more minutes and
> > it worked beautifully. I added some applebutter jam to the pancake
> > batter(I previously posted the ingredients and steps I took) and it
> > made for a wonderful apple McGriddle.
> > --
> >

> > "There are idiots among us, and they all believe in a god"
> > ~Toidi Uoy

> I don't even know what a McGriddle is. I am assuming it's some McDonald's
> thing. Dunno. Never eat there.

The McGriddle is a breakfast sandwich that can contain pork sausage, cheese, eggs, and bacon. What makes it different is the bun which is similar to a sweet pancake and contains maple flavored sweet bits. The experience is similar to eating a pancake sandwich with syrup. My guess is that it's popular because it's so sweet.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 > wrote:
> On Saturday, March 9, 2019 at 5:06:32 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
>> > wrote in message
>>> I first tried to make the McGriddle in an airfryer and it did not turn
>>> out too well. I though about it for awhile then looked at an actual
>>> McGriddle on the web somewhere and realized they are in fact baked
>>> (possibly in an air fryer type appliance) so I decided to give it
>>> another go...
>>>
>>> This time I was a tad more patient and gave it a few more minutes and
>>> it worked beautifully. I added some applebutter jam to the pancake
>>> batter(I previously posted the ingredients and steps I took) and it
>>> made for a wonderful apple McGriddle.
>>> --
>>>

>>> "There are idiots among us, and they all believe in a god"
>>> ~Toidi Uoy

>> I don't even know what a McGriddle is. I am assuming it's some McDonald's
>> thing. Dunno. Never eat there.

> The McGriddle is a breakfast sandwich that can contain pork sausage,
> cheese, eggs, and bacon. What makes it different is the bun which is
> similar to a sweet pancake and contains maple flavored sweet bits. The
> experience is similar to eating a pancake sandwich with syrup. My guess
> is that it's popular because it's so sweet.

Its absolutely revolting, because its so sweet. Pancakes and syrup are not
meant to be sandwich buns.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, March 9, 2019 at 6:57:17 PM UTC-10, Jinx the Minx wrote:
> dsi1 > wrote:

> >> I don't even know what a McGriddle is. I am assuming it's some McDonald's
> >> thing. Dunno. Never eat there.

> > The McGriddle is a breakfast sandwich that can contain pork sausage,
> > cheese, eggs, and bacon. What makes it different is the bun which is
> > similar to a sweet pancake and contains maple flavored sweet bits. The
> > experience is similar to eating a pancake sandwich with syrup. My guess
> > is that it's popular because it's so sweet.
> >

> Its absolutely revolting, because its so sweet. Pancakes and syrup are not
> meant to be sandwich buns.

That might be the case although it has been a popular item for McDonald's so how bad could it be? Just thank your lucky stars that you can't get it with Spam. Well, not yet anyway.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jinx the Minx" wrote in message ...

dsi1 > wrote:
> On Saturday, March 9, 2019 at 5:06:32 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
>> > wrote in message
>>> I first tried to make the McGriddle in an airfryer and it did not turn
>>> out too well. I though about it for awhile then looked at an actual
>>> McGriddle on the web somewhere and realized they are in fact baked
>>> (possibly in an air fryer type appliance) so I decided to give it
>>> another go...
>>>
>>> This time I was a tad more patient and gave it a few more minutes and
>>> it worked beautifully. I added some applebutter jam to the pancake
>>> batter(I previously posted the ingredients and steps I took) and it
>>> made for a wonderful apple McGriddle.
>>> --
>>>

>>> "There are idiots among us, and they all believe in a god"
>>> ~Toidi Uoy

>> I don't even know what a McGriddle is. I am assuming it's some McDonald's
>> thing. Dunno. Never eat there.

> The McGriddle is a breakfast sandwich that can contain pork sausage,
> cheese, eggs, and bacon. What makes it different is the bun which is
> similar to a sweet pancake and contains maple flavored sweet bits. The
> experience is similar to eating a pancake sandwich with syrup. My guess
> is that it's popular because it's so sweet.

Its absolutely revolting, because its so sweet. Pancakes and syrup are not
meant to be sandwich buns.

==

lol it sounds really odd) I have only once been to one of those places, I
think it was McD's .. never again.

I ordered fish in a bun. It came full of gunk!!!

I don't trust any of them!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Saturday, March 9, 2019 at 6:57:17 PM UTC-10, Jinx the Minx wrote:
> dsi1 > wrote:

> >> I don't even know what a McGriddle is. I am assuming it's some
> >> McDonald's
> >> thing. Dunno. Never eat there.

> > The McGriddle is a breakfast sandwich that can contain pork sausage,
> > cheese, eggs, and bacon. What makes it different is the bun which is
> > similar to a sweet pancake and contains maple flavored sweet bits. The
> > experience is similar to eating a pancake sandwich with syrup. My guess
> > is that it's popular because it's so sweet.
> >

> Its absolutely revolting, because its so sweet. Pancakes and syrup are
> not
> meant to be sandwich buns.

That might be the case although it has been a popular item for McDonald's so
how bad could it be? Just thank your lucky stars that you can't get it with
Spam. Well, not yet anyway.

==

You sure you are not related to my husband!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> lol it sounds really odd) I have only once been to one of those places, I
> think it was McD's .. never again.
>
> I ordered fish in a bun. It came full of gunk!!!
>
> I don't trust any of them!

lol ;-D
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
says...

> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Saturday, March 9, 2019 at 6:57:17 PM UTC-10, Jinx the Minx wrote:
> > dsi1 > wrote:

> > > The McGriddle is a breakfast sandwich that can contain pork sausage,
> > > cheese, eggs, and bacon. What makes it different is the bun which is
> > > similar to a sweet pancake and contains maple flavored sweet bits. The
> > > experience is similar to eating a pancake sandwich with syrup. My guess
> > > is that it's popular because it's so sweet.
> > >

> > Its absolutely revolting, because it?s so sweet. Pancakes and syrup are
> > not
> > meant to be sandwich buns.

> That might be the case although it has been a popular item for McDonald's so
> how bad could it be? Just thank your lucky stars that you can't get it with
> Spam. Well, not yet anyway.
>
> ==
>
> You sure you are not related to my husband!!

They both have shit for brains so it's very possible.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 > wrote:
> On Saturday, March 9, 2019 at 6:57:17 PM UTC-10, Jinx the Minx wrote:
>> dsi1 > wrote:

>>> The McGriddle is a breakfast sandwich that can contain pork sausage,
>>> cheese, eggs, and bacon. What makes it different is the bun which is
>>> similar to a sweet pancake and contains maple flavored sweet bits. The
>>> experience is similar to eating a pancake sandwich with syrup. My guess
>>> is that it's popular because it's so sweet.
>>>

>> Its absolutely revolting, because its so sweet. Pancakes and syrup are not
>> meant to be sandwich buns.

> That might be the case although it has been a popular item for McDonald's
> so how bad could it be? Just thank your lucky stars that you can't get it
> with Spam. Well, not yet anyway.

I dont have a problem with Spam. I grew up with it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/10/2019 1:34 AM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Saturday, March 9, 2019 at 6:57:17 PM UTC-10, Jinx the Minx wrote:
>> dsi1 > wrote:

>>> The McGriddle is a breakfast sandwich that can contain pork sausage,
>>> cheese, eggs, and bacon. What makes it different is the bun which is
>>> similar to a sweet pancake and contains maple flavored sweet bits. The
>>> experience is similar to eating a pancake sandwich with syrup. My guess
>>> is that it's popular because it's so sweet.
>>>

>> Its absolutely revolting, because its so sweet. Pancakes and syrup are not
>> meant to be sandwich buns.

> That might be the case although it has been a popular item for McDonald's so how bad could it be? Just thank your lucky stars that you can't get it with Spam. Well, not yet anyway.

I bet it would be good with Spam. I'd buy one.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/10/2019 10:40 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 3/10/2019 1:34 AM, dsi1 wrote:

>>> Its absolutely revolting, because its so sweet. Pancakes and syrup
>>> are not
>>> meant to be sandwich buns.

>> That might be the case although it has been a popular item for
>> McDonald's so how bad could it be? Just thank your lucky stars that
>> you can't get it with Spam. Well, not yet anyway.
>>

> I bet it would be good with Spam.Â* I'd buy one.

I doubt McDonald's would be allowed to make Spam McGriddles unless they
entered into a partnership agreement to use the brand name. I'm
somewhat surprised they haven't done that in Hawaii where Spam seems to
be extremely popular there.

I've noticed some commercials for Spam on television lately. All about
dicing it up, frying it with vegetables. Sorry, still not interested in
Spam. I have canned Spam on hand as a hurricane supply. So far I've
never had to use it. I have nothing against the product. I'd probably
like it if I ever tasted it.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 10 Mar 2019 11:44:06 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 3/10/2019 10:40 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>>> That might be the case although it has been a popular item for
>>> McDonald's so how bad could it be? Just thank your lucky stars that
>>> you can't get it with Spam. Well, not yet anyway.
>>>

>> I bet it would be good with Spam.* I'd buy one.

>I doubt McDonald's would be allowed to make Spam McGriddles unless they
>entered into a partnership agreement to use the brand name. I'm
>somewhat surprised they haven't done that in Hawaii where Spam seems to
>be extremely popular there.
>
>I've noticed some commercials for Spam on television lately. All about
>dicing it up, frying it with vegetables. Sorry, still not interested in
>Spam. I have canned Spam on hand as a hurricane supply. So far I've
>never had to use it. I have nothing against the product. I'd probably
>like it if I ever tasted it.
>
>Jill

Spam and Mcdonalds have a lot of stimulatory...

Both are use highly processed foods both have lots of
chemicals/preservatives in the food

Spam: salt, water, potato starch (to keep the meat moist), sugar and
sodium nitrite (a common preservative)

Spam is high in sodium, fat and calories. It also provides a little
protein and several micronutrients, such as zinc, potassium, iron and
copper. One two-ounce (56-gram) serving of Spam contains (1):
Calories: 174

that sounds like the meat at mcdonalds

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/10/2019 11:44 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 3/10/2019 10:40 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>>> That might be the case although it has been a popular item for
>>> McDonald's so how bad could it be? Just thank your lucky stars that
>>> you can't get it with Spam. Well, not yet anyway.
>>>

>> I bet it would be good with Spam.Â* I'd buy one.

> I doubt McDonald's would be allowed to make Spam McGriddles unless they
> entered into a partnership agreement to use the brand name.Â* I'm
> somewhat surprised they haven't done that in Hawaii where Spam seems to
> be extremely popular there.
>
> I've noticed some commercials for Spam on television lately.Â* All about
> dicing it up, frying it with vegetables.Â* Sorry, still not interested in
> Spam.Â* I have canned Spam on hand as a hurricane supply.Â* So far I've
> never had to use it.Â* I have nothing against the product.Â* I'd probably
> like it if I ever tasted it.
>
> Jill

Probably time to rfresh the supply bin with new stuff. Take out the
Spam and fry it up. You may be surprised and really like it. Good with
eggs, good as a sandwich.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> On 3/10/2019 11:44 AM, jmcquown wrote:

> >> I bet it would be good with Spam.Â* I'd buy one.

> > I doubt McDonald's would be allowed to make Spam McGriddles unless they
> > entered into a partnership agreement to use the brand name.Â* I'm
> > somewhat surprised they haven't done that in Hawaii where Spam seems to
> > be extremely popular there.
> >
> > I've noticed some commercials for Spam on television lately.Â* All about
> > dicing it up, frying it with vegetables.Â* Sorry, still not interested in
> > Spam.Â* I have canned Spam on hand as a hurricane supply.Â* So far I've
> > never had to use it.Â* I have nothing against the product.Â* I'd probably
> > like it if I ever tasted it.
> >
> > Jill

> Probably time to rfresh the supply bin with new stuff. Take out the
> Spam and fry it up. You may be surprised and really like it. Good with
> eggs, good as a sandwich.

For a work lunch this week I am making "Korean Army Stew", fried Spam and kimchi (and other veg) on a brown rice base...

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> that sounds like the meat at mcdonalds

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 10 Mar 2019 12:31:05 -0500, Gary > wrote:

wrote:
>> that sounds like the meat at mcdonalds

>You say that like it's a bad thing.

It's popular with lower socio-economic groups.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
> On 3/10/2019 11:44 AM, jmcquown wrote:

>>> I bet it would be good with Spam.Â* I'd buy one.

>> I doubt McDonald's would be allowed to make Spam McGriddles unless they
>> entered into a partnership agreement to use the brand name.Â* I'm
>> somewhat surprised they haven't done that in Hawaii where Spam seems to
>> be extremely popular there.
>>
>> I've noticed some commercials for Spam on television lately.Â* All about
>> dicing it up, frying it with vegetables.Â* Sorry, still not interested in
>> Spam.Â* I have canned Spam on hand as a hurricane supply.Â* So far I've
>> never had to use it.Â* I have nothing against the product.Â* I'd probably
>> like it if I ever tasted it.
>>
>> Jill

> Probably time to rfresh the supply bin with new stuff. Take out the
> Spam and fry it up. You may be surprised and really like it. Good with
> eggs, good as a sandwich.

Fried Spam sandwiches take me back! Growing up a mere 45 minutes from Spam
headquarters, they were a common item in my childhood.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, March 10, 2019 at 5:44:18 AM UTC-10, Jill McQuown wrote:
> On 3/10/2019 10:40 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> >> That might be the case although it has been a popular item for
> >> McDonald's so how bad could it be? Just thank your lucky stars that
> >> you can't get it with Spam. Well, not yet anyway.
> >>

> > I bet it would be good with Spam.Â* I'd buy one.

> I doubt McDonald's would be allowed to make Spam McGriddles unless they
> entered into a partnership agreement to use the brand name. I'm
> somewhat surprised they haven't done that in Hawaii where Spam seems to
> be extremely popular there.
>
> I've noticed some commercials for Spam on television lately. All about
> dicing it up, frying it with vegetables. Sorry, still not interested in
> Spam. I have canned Spam on hand as a hurricane supply. So far I've
> never had to use it. I have nothing against the product. I'd probably
> like it if I ever tasted it.
>
> Jill

Of course we have Spam McGriddles. I've never had one but am willing to try in the name of furthering human knowledge. That's just the kind of guy I am.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Sunday, March 10, 2019 at 5:44:18 AM UTC-10, Jill McQuown wrote:
> On 3/10/2019 10:40 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> >> That might be the case although it has been a popular item for
> >> McDonald's so how bad could it be? Just thank your lucky stars that
> >> you can't get it with Spam. Well, not yet anyway.
> >>

> > I bet it would be good with Spam. I'd buy one.

> I doubt McDonald's would be allowed to make Spam McGriddles unless they
> entered into a partnership agreement to use the brand name. I'm
> somewhat surprised they haven't done that in Hawaii where Spam seems to
> be extremely popular there.
>
> I've noticed some commercials for Spam on television lately. All about
> dicing it up, frying it with vegetables. Sorry, still not interested in
> Spam. I have canned Spam on hand as a hurricane supply. So far I've
> never had to use it. I have nothing against the product. I'd probably
> like it if I ever tasted it.
>
> Jill

Of course we have Spam McGriddles. I've never had one but am willing to try
in the name of furthering human knowledge. That's just the kind of guy I am.

==

;p

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> I've noticed some commercials for Spam on television lately. All about
> dicing it up, frying it with vegetables. Sorry, still not interested in
> Spam. I have canned Spam on hand as a hurricane supply. So far I've
> never had to use it. I have nothing against the product. I'd probably
> like it if I ever tasted it.

So you:
- are "not interested in Spam"
- "have canned Spam on hand as a hurricane supply"
- "I've never had to use it"

Don't you see that you sound just like Julie here? heheh
So why did you buy it in the first place?
I know why....it's your Mom's leftovers in the pantry

> I'd probably like it if I ever tasted it.

Go bold, Jill. Open up that old can and experiment with it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 11 Mar 2019 09:45:09 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> I've noticed some commercials for Spam on television lately. All about
>> dicing it up, frying it with vegetables. Sorry, still not interested in
>> Spam. I have canned Spam on hand as a hurricane supply. So far I've
>> never had to use it. I have nothing against the product. I'd probably
>> like it if I ever tasted it.

>So you:
> - are "not interested in Spam"
> - "have canned Spam on hand as a hurricane supply"
> - "I've never had to use it"
>
>Don't you see that you sound just like Julie here? heheh
>So why did you buy it in the first place?
>I know why....it's your Mom's leftovers in the pantry
>
>> I'd probably like it if I ever tasted it.

>Go bold, Jill. Open up that old can and experiment with it.

Jill's life is one big adventure.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/11/2019 10:45 AM, Gary wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> I've noticed some commercials for Spam on television lately. All about
>> dicing it up, frying it with vegetables. Sorry, still not interested in
>> Spam. I have canned Spam on hand as a hurricane supply. So far I've
>> never had to use it. I have nothing against the product. I'd probably
>> like it if I ever tasted it.

> So you:
> - are "not interested in Spam"
> - "have canned Spam on hand as a hurricane supply"
> - "I've never had to use it"
>
> Don't you see that you sound just like Julie here? heheh
> So why did you buy it in the first place?

Why do you buy certain items for possible hurricanes? I was looking for
shelf-stable meat products and Spam qualifies. Best by date is 2020. I
have a can of corned beef in the pantry, too; best by date is 2023. I
could easily fry either one on my cast iron griddle or cast iron skillet
on the grill if the power went out. (Of course I'd be using up thawing
or thawed meat from the freezer first. I have a can of corned beef in
the pantry, too. Best by date is 2023.

> I know why....it's your Mom's leftovers in the pantry

Nope. Mom never bought Spam. If she had, no doubt I'd have tasted it.

>> I'd probably like it if I ever tasted it.

> Go bold, Jill. Open up that old can and experiment with it.

Maybe this weekend with eggs for breakfast.

Jill

Old Recipe, worth revisit! cshenk General Cooking 10 25-02-2010 02:41 AM
Chicken Fried Steak vs. Country Fried Steak Wayne Boatwright General Cooking 1 15-05-2006 02:00 PM
Country Fried Steak, was chicken fried steak last week itsjoannotjoann General Cooking 25 15-05-2006 11:10 AM
Fried Cornmeal Mush and Fried Polenta Doug Weller General Cooking 0 28-02-2006 03:22 PM