Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Pepper Mill

"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-l...e/faq-20058196

> Well you may be surprised but MSG is made from wheat, and can you tell
> me what wheat contains??? It really is not a hard question... Really
> it is not.

You conveniently snipped the next paragraph from mayoclinic.com.
Here it is:

However, researchers have found no definitive evidence of a link between MSG
and these symptoms. Researchers acknowledge, though, that a small percentage
of people may have short-term reactions to MSG. Symptoms are usually mild
and don't require treatment. The only way to prevent a reaction is to avoid
foods containing MSG.

Cindy Hamilton

==

Thanks, Cindy)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Wednesday, March 6, 2019 at 11:12:26 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> I am definitely not a super taster! Take MSG for example! I use it but I
> can't taste any difference. D. seems to like it.

Your best bet is to make a batch of potato salad and season a portion with
MSG and the other without. My guess is that you'll be able to tell the
difference. Potato salad without MSG is kind of a disappointment for me.

==

Thanks, I will probably try that out one day)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>> >No that is NOT what a supertaster is...
>> >
>> >A lot of foods are disgusting to a supertaster. Having more taste buds
>> >is NOT a good thing. Are all of you people that dumb?

>> >LOL, is the worse think anyone could ever use. It causes so many
>> >health problems it should be illegal
>> >
>> >MSG has been used as a food additive for decades. Over the years, the
>> >FDA has received many anecdotal reports of adverse reactions to foods
>> >containing MSG. These reactions — known as MSG symptom complex —
>> >include:
>> >
>> >Headache
>> >Flushing
>> >Sweating
>> >Facial pressure or tightness
>> >Numbness, tingling or burning in the face, neck and other areas
>> >Rapid, fluttering heartbeats (heart palpitations)
>> >Chest pain
>> >Nausea
>> >Weakness

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-l...e/faq-20058196

>> Well you may be surprised but MSG is made from wheat, and can you tell
>> me what wheat contains??? It really is not a hard question... Really
>> it is not.

>You conveniently snipped the next paragraph from mayoclinic.com.
>Here it is:
>
>However, researchers have found no definitive evidence of a link between MSG
>and these symptoms. Researchers acknowledge, though, that a small percentage
>of people may have short-term reactions to MSG. Symptoms are usually mild
>and don't require treatment. The only way to prevent a reaction is to avoid
>foods containing MSG.
>
>Cindy Hamilton
>
>==
>
>Thanks, Cindy)

yes, thanks I did not want to post the entire article because the last
part contained nothing useful other than to reclarify what I said
especially the line

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>>+1, no it is not. Has zero to do with heat.
>>>
>>>Most likely CK just isn't into hot spices and now trys to claim he is
>>>'special' and that is why. There is nothing wrong with not liking hot.
>>>
>>>Super tasters taste nuances the rest of us may miss.

>>No that is NOT what a supertaster is...
>>
>>A lot of foods are disgusting to a supertaster. Having more taste buds
>>is NOT a good thing. Are all of you people that dumb?
>>>
>>>===
>>>
>>>I am definitely not a super taster! Take MSG for example! I use it but I
>>>can't taste any difference. D. seems to like it.
>>>

>>LOL, is the worse think anyone could ever use. It causes so many
>>health problems it should be illegal
>>
>>MSG has been used as a food additive for decades. Over the years, the
>>FDA has received many anecdotal reports of adverse reactions to foods
>>containing MSG. These reactions — known as MSG symptom complex —
>>include:
>>
>>Headache
>>Flushing
>>Sweating
>>Facial pressure or tightness
>>Numbness, tingling or burning in the face, neck and other areas
>>Rapid, fluttering heartbeats (heart palpitations)
>>Chest pain
>>Nausea
>>Weakness

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-l...e/faq-20058196

>Well you may be surprised but MSG is made from wheat, and can you tell
>me what wheat contains??? It really is not a hard question... Really
>it is not.

I bet you even smoke cigerettes and say it is ok because it is natural

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, March 8, 2019 at 4:56:03 AM UTC-6, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> You conveniently snipped the next paragraph from mayoclinic.com.
> Here it is:
>
> However, researchers have found no definitive evidence...

Define "definitive evidence"! HA!

One data point, two, three, etc? ALL? All would be fairly definitive.

How many OTHER defective humans do you want to compare yourself to?

The FDA is CORRUPTED BY MONEY!! Everything Federal and otherwise has been CORRUPTED by defective HUMANS who think Money is most important AND IT'S NOT!!

Can't EAT Money, and Money is NOT VERY NUTRITIOUS!!

John Kuthe, RN, Climate Activist!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-l...e/faq-20058196

> >> Well you may be surprised but MSG is made from wheat, and can you tell
> >> me what wheat contains??? It really is not a hard question... Really
> >> it is not.

> >You conveniently snipped the next paragraph from mayoclinic.com.
> >Here it is:
> >
> >However, researchers have found no definitive evidence of a link between MSG
> >and these symptoms. Researchers acknowledge, though, that a small percentage
> >of people may have short-term reactions to MSG. Symptoms are usually mild
> >and don't require treatment. The only way to prevent a reaction is to avoid
> >foods containing MSG.
> >
> >Cindy Hamilton
> >
> >==
> >
> >Thanks, Cindy)
> >

> yes, thanks I did not want to post the entire article because the last
> part contained nothing useful other than to reclarify what I said
> especially the line
> > The only way to prevent a reaction is to avoid
> >foods containing MSG.

What it contained is a refutation of your entire thesis. And
your snipping that confirmed by sense that you are a dishonest
troll who is only interested in furthering his own crazy agenda.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> No that is NOT what a supertaster is...
>>>
>>> A lot of foods are disgusting to a supertaster. Having more taste buds
>>> is NOT a good thing. Are all of you people that dumb?

>>> LOL, is the worse think anyone could ever use. It causes so many
>>> health problems it should be illegal
>>>
>>> MSG has been used as a food additive for decades. Over the years, the
>>> FDA has received many anecdotal reports of adverse reactions to foods
>>> containing MSG. These reactions  known as MSG symptom complex
>>> include:
>>>
>>> Headache
>>> Flushing
>>> Sweating
>>> Facial pressure or tightness
>>> Numbness, tingling or burning in the face, neck and other areas
>>> Rapid, fluttering heartbeats (heart palpitations)
>>> Chest pain
>>> Nausea
>>> Weakness

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-l...e/faq-20058196

>> Well you may be surprised but MSG is made from wheat, and can you tell
>> me what wheat contains??? It really is not a hard question... Really
>> it is not.

> You conveniently snipped the next paragraph from mayoclinic.com.
> Here it is:
>
> However, researchers have found no definitive evidence of a link between
> MSG and these symptoms. Researchers acknowledge, though, that a small
> percentage of people may have short-term reactions to MSG. Symptoms are
> usually mild and don't require treatment. The only way to prevent a
> reaction is to avoid foods containing MSG.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

In the US, MSG is derived from corn, not wheat. I think hes confusing
€œglutamate€ and €œgluten€.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-l...e/faq-20058196

> >> Well you may be surprised but MSG is made from wheat, and can you tell
> >> me what wheat contains??? It really is not a hard question... Really
> >> it is not.

> > You conveniently snipped the next paragraph from mayoclinic.com.
> > Here it is:
> >
> > However, researchers have found no definitive evidence of a link between
> > MSG and these symptoms. Researchers acknowledge, though, that a small
> > percentage of people may have short-term reactions to MSG. Symptoms are
> > usually mild and don't require treatment. The only way to prevent a
> > reaction is to avoid foods containing MSG.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton
> >

> In the US, MSG is derived from corn, not wheat. I think hes confusing
> €œglutamate€ and €œgluten€.

I think he's got a bee in his bonnet.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/8/2019 10:06 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> I think he's got a bee in his bonnet.

Is _that_ what that droning noise is?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 08 Mar 2019 16:06:55 +1100, Bruce wrote:

> No, you're just a wuss.

Did neither of you look at the Amazon link Cindy gave upstream?

Without doing any further research, it appears that in addition to the
'normal' salt, sweet, sour, bitter and sometimes glutamate, a supertaster
can additionally taste phenylthiourea, thiourea, and benzoate.

Also of interest is the list below showing what else customers who bought
this item also bought. I like the brain cell plush toy.

--
http://mduffy.x10host.com/index.htm
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> No that is NOT what a supertaster is...
>>>
>>> A lot of foods are disgusting to a supertaster. Having more taste buds
>>> is NOT a good thing. Are all of you people that dumb?

>>> LOL, is the worse think anyone could ever use. It causes so many health
>>> problems it should be illegal
>>>
>>> MSG has been used as a food additive for decades. Over the years, the
>>> FDA has received many anecdotal reports of adverse reactions to foods
>>> containing MSG. These reactions €” known as MSG symptom complex €”
>>> include:
>>>
>>> Headache Flushing Sweating Facial pressure or tightness Numbness,
>>> tingling or burning in the face, neck and other areas Rapid, fluttering
>>> heartbeats (heart palpitations) Chest pain Nausea Weakness

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-l...nutrition-and-
>>> healthy-eating/expert-answers/monosodium-glutamate/faq-20058196

>> Well you may be surprised but MSG is made from wheat, and can you tell
>> me what wheat contains??? It really is not a hard question... Really it
>> is not.

> Are you inferring MSG contains gluten? Here's a similar logical fallacy:
>
> Anyone who owns Fort Knox is rich. Bill Gates is rich. Therefore, Bill
> Gates owns Fort Knox.

Be serious. Jeff Bezos owns it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>>No that is NOT what a supertaster is...
>>>
>>>A lot of foods are disgusting to a supertaster. Having more taste buds
>>>is NOT a good thing. Are all of you people that dumb?

>>>LOL, is the worse think anyone could ever use. It causes so many health
>>>problems it should be illegal
>>>
>>>MSG has been used as a food additive for decades. Over the years, the
>>>FDA has received many anecdotal reports of adverse reactions to foods
>>>containing MSG. These reactions — known as MSG symptom complex —
>>>include:
>>>
>>>Headache Flushing Sweating Facial pressure or tightness Numbness,
>>>tingling or burning in the face, neck and other areas Rapid, fluttering
>>>heartbeats (heart palpitations) Chest pain Nausea Weakness

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-l...nutrition-and-
>>>healthy-eating/expert-answers/monosodium-glutamate/faq-20058196

>> Well you may be surprised but MSG is made from wheat, and can you tell
>> me what wheat contains??? It really is not a hard question... Really it
>> is not.

>Are you inferring MSG contains gluten? Here's a similar logical fallacy:
>
> Anyone who owns Fort Knox is rich. Bill Gates is rich. Therefore, Bill
> Gates owns Fort Knox.

actuallly what I said was that MSG contains wheat, that was all.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-l...nutrition-and-

>>> Well you may be surprised but MSG is made from wheat, and can you tell
>>> me what wheat contains??? It really is not a hard question... Really it
>>> is not.

>> Are you inferring MSG contains gluten? Here's a similar logical fallacy:
>>
>> Anyone who owns Fort Knox is rich. Bill Gates is rich. Therefore, Bill
>> Gates owns Fort Knox.

> actuallly what I said was that MSG contains wheat, that was all.
>
> --
>
> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

Except it doesnt.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 9 Mar 2019 20:33:19 -0000 (UTC), Jinx the Minx

wrote:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-l...nutrition-and-

>>> Are you inferring MSG contains gluten? Here's a similar logical fallacy:
>>>
>>> Anyone who owns Fort Knox is rich. Bill Gates is rich. Therefore, Bill
>>> Gates owns Fort Knox.

>> actuallly what I said was that MSG contains wheat, that was all.
>>
>> --
>>
>> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
>>

>Except it doesn’t.

It does not contain gluten and is therefore sage for celiacs. MSG is
the sodium salt of glutamic acid, an amino acid found in many foods.
It has been produced from both wheat gluten and sugar beet molasses
but is now produced almost entirely from the latter in a highly
purified form.

<https://www.google.com/search?q=does+msg+contain+wheat&rlz=1C1AVNE_enUS71 6US716&oq=does+msg+contain+wheat&aqs=chrome..69i57 .5508j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8>

so yes it does contain wheat. Maybe not all of MSG but some does,
yeast extract is another wheat compound. So people that are allergic
to wheat will have similar reactions to MSG as a gluten sensitive
would to gluten...

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-l...nutrition-and-

>>> actuallly what I said was that MSG contains wheat, that was all.
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
>>>

>> Except it doesnÂ’t.

> It does not contain gluten and is therefore sage for celiacs. MSG is
> the sodium salt of glutamic acid, an amino acid found in many foods.
> It has been produced from both wheat gluten and sugar beet molasses
> but is now produced almost entirely from the latter in a highly
> purified form.
>
> <https://www.google.com/search?q=does+msg+contain+wheat&rlz=1C1AVNE_enUS71 6US716&oq=does+msg+contain+wheat&aqs=chrome..69i57 .5508j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8>
>

> so yes it does contain wheat. Maybe not all of MSG but some does,
> yeast extract is another wheat compound. So people that are allergic
> to wheat will have similar reactions to MSG as a gluten sensitive
> would to gluten...
>
> --
>
> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

You mustve overlooked where it says €œIt has been produced from both wheat
gluten and sugar beet molasses but is now produced almost entirely from the
latter in a highly purified form.€

Key words: €œit has been€, and €œis now produced almost entirely€.
Meaning, likely not produced by using wheat. In the US, if it is produced
from wheat, or contains any wheat protein, the FDA requires it to be
labeled as €œcontains wheat€. Accent, the only brand of MSG I know of in
the US, is made from corn.

Heres more info:

https://www.glutenfreedietitian.com/...ium-glutamate/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> has >>>>>>>>>>>> gotten used to it. His choice, of course, some
> people >>>>>>>>>>>> like bland food.

> I >>>>>>>>>>> am what can be classified as a super taster.... things
> that >>>>>>>>>>> are kinda spicy for you will make me wince
> uncomfortably >>>>>>>>>>> with a spicy lounge

> just >>>>>>>> need more practice!

> buds/nerve >>>>>>> endings per cm^3 than the average person... so
> lets say I have >>>>>>> twice as many taste buds on my tongue than
> bob. bob tastes some hot >>>>>>> sauce and says DAMN that is spicy...
> I taste the same hot sauce and >>>>>>> it will be 2x as hot for me
> and I will most likely scream my head >>>>>>> off for 10 minutes

> he is >>>>> 'special' and that is why. There is nothing wrong with
> not liking hot. >>>>>

> taste buds >>>> is NOT a good thing. Are all of you people that dumb?

> use it >>>>> but I can't taste any difference. D. seems to like it.

> health >>>> problems it should be illegal

> years, the >>>> FDA has received many anecdotal reports of adverse
> reactions to foods >>>> containing MSG. These reactions — known as
> MSG symptom complex — >>>> include:

> fluttering >>>> heartbeats (heart palpitations) Chest pain Nausea
> Weakness >>>>

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-l...nutrition-and- >>>>
> healthy-eating/expert-answers/monosodium-glutamate/faq-20058196 >>>

> tell >>> me what wheat contains??? It really is not a hard
> question... Really it >>> is not.
> >>
> >> Are you inferring MSG contains gluten? Here's a similar logical

> fallacy: >>
> >> Anyone who owns Fort Knox is rich. Bill Gates is rich. Therefore,

> Bill >> Gates owns Fort Knox.
> >
> > actuallly what I said was that MSG contains wheat, that was all.
> >
> > --
> >
> > ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
> >

> Except it doesnt.

Nope. No relation. MSG is it's own 'Mono-sodium Glutamate' which is
sourced a variety of ways but carries over no gluten protein. The G in
MSG is an amino acid, not 'gluten' which is a complex protein.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-l...nutrition-and-

>>> actuallly what I said was that MSG contains wheat, that was all.
>>>

>> Except it doesn't.

>LOL! This is going to be funny.
>
>Pass the popcorn -- and don't worry if it has MSG.

No not really.
I am sure you use microwave popcorn which is one of the unhealthiest
foods there is

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-l...nutrition-and-

>>>LOL! This is going to be funny.
>>>
>>>Pass the popcorn -- and don't worry if it has MSG.

>> No not really. I am sure you use microwave popcorn which is one of the
>> unhealthiest foods there is

>Please don't fret. I eat what I like and you don't get to police it.
>
>By the way, do you have any proof "MSG contains wheat"?

Pam you are just SOOOO HOT... You just turn me on...

and remember google is your friend...

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 10 Mar 2019 13:59:22 -0500,
wrote:

>Pam you are just SOOOO HOT... You just turn me on...

Before you get too involved: Pamela's a guy.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-l...nutrition-and-

>>>LOL! This is going to be funny.
>>>
>>>Pass the popcorn -- and don't worry if it has MSG.

>> No not really. I am sure you use microwave popcorn which is one of the
>> unhealthiest foods there is

>Please don't fret. I eat what I like and you don't get to police it.
>
>By the way, do you have any proof "MSG contains wheat"?

BTW there is nothing natural about MSG.

Glutamic acid was discovered and identified in 1866 by the German
chemist Karl Heinrich Ritthausen, who treated wheat gluten (for which
it was named) with sulfuric acid.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monosodium_glutamate

STORY AT-A-GLANCE
Monosodium glutamate (MSG) is a flavor enhancer added to thousands of
foods you and your family regularly eat. It's also one of the worst
food additives on the market
MSG is an excitotoxin, which means it overexcites your cells to the
point of damage or death, causing brain damage to varying degrees, and
potentially even triggering or worsening learning disabilities
Common adverse effects linked to regular consumption of MSG, include:
obesity, eye damage, headaches, fatigue and disorientation,
depression, rapid heartbeat, tingling and numbness
Early studies suggested 25 percent to 30 percent of the US population
was intolerant of MSG at levels then found in food. Today, an
estimated 40 percent of the population may be impacted
In general, if a food is processed you can assume it contains MSG (or
one of its pseudo-ingredients). Eating a whole, fresh food diet is
your best, if not only, guaranteed way to avoid this toxin

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...-cabinets.aspx

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 10 Mar 2019 16:10:27 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 3/10/2019 3:10 PM, Bruce wrote:
>> On Sun, 10 Mar 2019 13:59:22 -0500,
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Pam you are just SOOOO HOT... You just turn me on...

>> Before you get too involved: Pamela's a guy.
>>

>That may appeal to Mr. Killer. They could have a nice wedding, make
>some vows, and have the Sacrament of Marriage blessed.

But is Pamela gluten free?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, March 10, 2019 at 3:15:14 PM UTC-4, wrote:

> Glutamic acid was discovered and identified in 1866 by the German
> chemist Karl Heinrich Ritthausen, who treated wheat gluten (for which
> it was named) with sulfuric acid.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monosodium_glutamate

I took the liberty of snipping the text and link to Mercola's
junk science web site.

Glutamates occur naturally in foods such as seaweed, Parmesan cheese,
tomatoes, and mushrooms. The body can't tell where they came from.
I enjoy eating foods rich in glutamates, but I'm not afraid of MSG.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>Pam you are just SOOOO HOT... You just turn me on...

Before you get too involved: Pamela's a guy.

==

lol true.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 10 Mar 2019 13:37:56 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Sunday, March 10, 2019 at 3:15:14 PM UTC-4, wrote:
>

>> Glutamic acid was discovered and identified in 1866 by the German
>> chemist Karl Heinrich Ritthausen, who treated wheat gluten (for which
>> it was named) with sulfuric acid.
>>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monosodium_glutamate
>>

>I took the liberty of snipping the text and link to Mercola's
>junk science web site.
>
>Glutamates occur naturally in foods such as seaweed, Parmesan cheese,
>tomatoes, and mushrooms. The body can't tell where they came from.
>I enjoy eating foods rich in glutamates, but I'm not afraid of MSG.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

OK tell me something would you eat artificial shrimp? I mean they
would be all made from naturally occurring and they are a naturally
found species that evolved of billions of year and have spent all that
time in the water.. Would you eat an artificially grown shrimp that
was made in a laboratory? Even if just some people said it was ok and
safe to eat.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, March 10, 2019 at 11:24:08 AM UTC-10, wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Mar 2019 13:37:56 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
> >On Sunday, March 10, 2019 at 3:15:14 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> >

> >> Glutamic acid was discovered and identified in 1866 by the German
> >> chemist Karl Heinrich Ritthausen, who treated wheat gluten (for which
> >> it was named) with sulfuric acid.
> >>
> >> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monosodium_glutamate
> >>

> >I took the liberty of snipping the text and link to Mercola's
> >junk science web site.
> >
> >Glutamates occur naturally in foods such as seaweed, Parmesan cheese,
> >tomatoes, and mushrooms. The body can't tell where they came from.
> >I enjoy eating foods rich in glutamates, but I'm not afraid of MSG.
> >
> >Cindy Hamilton

> OK tell me something would you eat artificial shrimp? I mean they
> would be all made from naturally occurring and they are a naturally
> found species that evolved of billions of year and have spent all that
> time in the water.. Would you eat an artificially grown shrimp that
> was made in a laboratory? Even if just some people said it was ok and
> safe to eat.
>
> --
>
> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

I'd sure eat artificial crab. I eat a lot of the stuff. Artificial crab is popular in the US - it's an important element in California roll sushi. If I were you however, I'd stay away from the stuff. Gluten - lots and lots of gluten. One of these days, we shall be eating 3D printed shrimp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EgSXqo968I
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 10 Mar 2019 16:23:53 -0500,
wrote:

>On Sun, 10 Mar 2019 13:37:56 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:
>
>>On Sunday, March 10, 2019 at 3:15:14 PM UTC-4, wrote:
>>

>>> Glutamic acid was discovered and identified in 1866 by the German
>>> chemist Karl Heinrich Ritthausen, who treated wheat gluten (for which
>>> it was named) with sulfuric acid.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monosodium_glutamate

>>I took the liberty of snipping the text and link to Mercola's
>>junk science web site.
>>
>>Glutamates occur naturally in foods such as seaweed, Parmesan cheese,
>>tomatoes, and mushrooms. The body can't tell where they came from.
>>I enjoy eating foods rich in glutamates, but I'm not afraid of MSG.
>>
>>Cindy Hamilton

>OK tell me something would you eat artificial shrimp? I mean they
>would be all made from naturally occurring and they are a naturally
>found species that evolved of billions of year and have spent all that
>time in the water.. Would you eat an artificially grown shrimp that
>was made in a laboratory? Even if just some people said it was ok and
>safe to eat.

you mean surimi? Sure

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 10 Mar 2019 14:51:25 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Sunday, March 10, 2019 at 11:24:08 AM UTC-10, wrote:
>> On Sun, 10 Mar 2019 13:37:56 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>> >I took the liberty of snipping the text and link to Mercola's
>> >junk science web site.
>> >
>> >Glutamates occur naturally in foods such as seaweed, Parmesan cheese,
>> >tomatoes, and mushrooms. The body can't tell where they came from.
>> >I enjoy eating foods rich in glutamates, but I'm not afraid of MSG.
>> >
>> >Cindy Hamilton

>> OK tell me something would you eat artificial shrimp? I mean they
>> would be all made from naturally occurring and they are a naturally
>> found species that evolved of billions of year and have spent all that
>> time in the water.. Would you eat an artificially grown shrimp that
>> was made in a laboratory? Even if just some people said it was ok and
>> safe to eat.
>>
>> --
>>
>> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

>I'd sure eat artificial crab. I eat a lot of the stuff. Artificial crab is popular in the US - it's an important element in California roll sushi. If I were you however, I'd stay away from the stuff. Gluten - lots and lots of gluten. One of these days, we shall be eating 3D printed shrimp.
>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EgSXqo968I

That's geoblocked Trump in the UK again.

The problem with seafood extender aka imitation crab aka surimi is
that it's ground, so we can't see what it originally was. And when the
food industry knows that, they'res no telling what kind of atrocities
they'll feed us.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, March 10, 2019 at 12:01:23 PM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:

> That's geoblocked Trump in the UK again.
>
> The problem with seafood extender aka imitation crab aka surimi is
> that it's ground, so we can't see what it originally was. And when the
> food industry knows that, they'res no telling what kind of atrocities
> they'll feed us.

In this case geoblocking Trump could be considered a public service.

I'm not willing to live in fear of our food supply. It ain't killed me yet. One should be afraid of getting into a car, however. Those things kill a ridiculous amount of people. Being afraid of sushi is just plain silly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zXajYDnprQ
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 10 Mar 2019 15:24:23 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Sunday, March 10, 2019 at 12:01:23 PM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
>

>> That's geoblocked Trump in the UK again.
>>
>> The problem with seafood extender aka imitation crab aka surimi is
>> that it's ground, so we can't see what it originally was. And when the
>> food industry knows that, they'res no telling what kind of atrocities
>> they'll feed us.

>In this case geoblocking Trump could be considered a public service.
>
>I'm not willing to live in fear of our food supply. It ain't killed me yet. One should be afraid of getting into a car, however. Those things kill a ridiculous amount of people. Being afraid of sushi is just plain silly.
>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zXajYDnprQ

I'm not afraid of sushi. Just not a fan of surimi.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 10 Mar 2019 14:51:25 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Sunday, March 10, 2019 at 11:24:08 AM UTC-10, wrote:
>> On Sun, 10 Mar 2019 13:37:56 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>> >I took the liberty of snipping the text and link to Mercola's
>> >junk science web site.
>> >
>> >Glutamates occur naturally in foods such as seaweed, Parmesan cheese,
>> >tomatoes, and mushrooms. The body can't tell where they came from.
>> >I enjoy eating foods rich in glutamates, but I'm not afraid of MSG.
>> >
>> >Cindy Hamilton

>> OK tell me something would you eat artificial shrimp? I mean they
>> would be all made from naturally occurring and they are a naturally
>> found species that evolved of billions of year and have spent all that
>> time in the water.. Would you eat an artificially grown shrimp that
>> was made in a laboratory? Even if just some people said it was ok and
>> safe to eat.
>>
>> --
>>
>> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

>I'd sure eat artificial crab. I eat a lot of the stuff. Artificial crab is popular in the US - it's an important element in California roll sushi.

If I were you however, I'd stay away from the stuff. Gluten - lots and
lots of gluten. One of these days, we shall be eating 3D printed
shrimp.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EgSXqo968I

artificial crab is just a fish <surimi > renamed to crab. with a bit
of dye to change the color perhaps. Yes tell me would you eat a 3d
printed shrimp if some people said it was ok and some did not? Even if
all the ingredients were natural?

Here is an interesting fact for you.. EVERY product that has ever been
created by man comes from natural products, and they all have natural
ingredients. Even the plastic that covers you food, or the glass from
your jars. It all comes from natural ingredients

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>On Sun, 10 Mar 2019 13:37:56 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>>>I took the liberty of snipping the text and link to Mercola's
>>>junk science web site.
>>>
>>>Glutamates occur naturally in foods such as seaweed, Parmesan cheese,
>>>tomatoes, and mushrooms. The body can't tell where they came from.
>>>I enjoy eating foods rich in glutamates, but I'm not afraid of MSG.
>>>
>>>Cindy Hamilton

>>OK tell me something would you eat artificial shrimp? I mean they
>>would be all made from naturally occurring and they are a naturally
>>found species that evolved of billions of year and have spent all that
>>time in the water.. Would you eat an artificially grown shrimp that
>>was made in a laboratory? Even if just some people said it was ok and
>>safe to eat.

>you mean surimi? Sure

No I am talking about shrimp created by a 3d printer but the
ingredients in the printer were all natural. I mean artificially
created surimi is not artificial in anyway

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, March 10, 2019 at 1:43:17 PM UTC-10, wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Mar 2019 14:51:25 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> > wrote:
>
> >On Sunday, March 10, 2019 at 11:24:08 AM UTC-10, wrote:
> >> On Sun, 10 Mar 2019 13:37:56 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton

> >> OK tell me something would you eat artificial shrimp? I mean they
> >> would be all made from naturally occurring and they are a naturally
> >> found species that evolved of billions of year and have spent all that
> >> time in the water.. Would you eat an artificially grown shrimp that
> >> was made in a laboratory? Even if just some people said it was ok and
> >> safe to eat.
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

> >I'd sure eat artificial crab. I eat a lot of the stuff. Artificial crab is popular in the US - it's an important element in California roll sushi.

> If I were you however, I'd stay away from the stuff. Gluten - lots and
> lots of gluten. One of these days, we shall be eating 3D printed
> shrimp.
> >
> >https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EgSXqo968I

> artificial crab is just a fish <surimi > renamed to crab. with a bit
> of dye to change the color perhaps. Yes tell me would you eat a 3d
> printed shrimp if some people said it was ok and some did not? Even if
> all the ingredients were natural?
>
> Here is an interesting fact for you.. EVERY product that has ever been
> created by man comes from natural products, and they all have natural
> ingredients. Even the plastic that covers you food, or the glass from
> your jars. It all comes from natural ingredients
>
> --
>
> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

You have one of the curious maladies of the modern age: the fear of food. Back in the old days, certain foods could kill you but these days we don't have to fear pork or shellfish or the flesh of animals with cloven hooves.

Our food supplies are the safest it's ever been. This is in no small part to additives which retard spoilage. You can also be thankful for a world with nitrogen fertilizers, for without that, there's a good chance you wouldn't exist. You think it's tough living in a world in a world full of chemicals but you should try living in a world where you're forced to eat rotten food or not even that - no food. You fear food only because you have the luxury to be able to do that.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, March 10, 2019 at 11:59:37 AM UTC-10, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Mar 2019 16:23:53 -0500,
> wrote:
>
> >On Sun, 10 Mar 2019 13:37:56 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monosodium_glutamate

> >>I took the liberty of snipping the text and link to Mercola's
> >>junk science web site.
> >>
> >>Glutamates occur naturally in foods such as seaweed, Parmesan cheese,
> >>tomatoes, and mushrooms. The body can't tell where they came from.
> >>I enjoy eating foods rich in glutamates, but I'm not afraid of MSG.
> >>
> >>Cindy Hamilton

> >OK tell me something would you eat artificial shrimp? I mean they
> >would be all made from naturally occurring and they are a naturally
> >found species that evolved of billions of year and have spent all that
> >time in the water.. Would you eat an artificially grown shrimp that
> >was made in a laboratory? Even if just some people said it was ok and
> >safe to eat.

> you mean surimi? Sure

The Hawaiians have been eating the stuff for a long time. I grew up on the stuff. "Surimi" is unknown in Hawaii. We call it "kamaboko."

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 10 Mar 2019 22:17:11 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Sunday, March 10, 2019 at 11:59:37 AM UTC-10, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>> On Sun, 10 Mar 2019 16:23:53 -0500,
>> wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monosodium_glutamate

>> >OK tell me something would you eat artificial shrimp? I mean they
>> >would be all made from naturally occurring and they are a naturally
>> >found species that evolved of billions of year and have spent all that
>> >time in the water.. Would you eat an artificially grown shrimp that
>> >was made in a laboratory? Even if just some people said it was ok and
>> >safe to eat.

>> you mean surimi? Sure

>The Hawaiians have been eating the stuff for a long time. I grew up on the stuff. "Surimi" is unknown in Hawaii. We call it "kamaboko."

"So what is this mystery meat called surimi that is so popular in
Hawaii?"
<http://www.tastinghawaii.com/2013/08/surimi-mystery-meat-from-sea.html>
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-l...nutrition-and-

>>> Except it doesn't.

>>LOL! This is going to be funny.
>>
>>Pass the popcorn -- and don't worry if it has MSG.

> No not really.
> I am sure you use microwave popcorn which is one of the unhealthiest
> foods there is

You've got to be kidding me! Why would you even assume anyone here would eat
such a thing? Ha!