Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default favourite salad dressings

On Mon, 04 Mar 2019 21:44:42 GMT, Pamela >
wrote:

>On 11:36 4 Mar 2019, wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 04 Mar 2019 16:28:17 +1100, Bruce >
>> wrote:

>>>Starting a sentence with a capital, for instance?

>> Good one bruce, LOL
>>
>> but the thing is, this is usenet. I have had this discussion before
>> with several people. Usenet is more like a bulletin board. Where you
>> post notes, letters, reminders, various quips anecdotes or whatever
>> else is on your mind. Punctuation and capitol letters really would not
>> have much meaning on a bulletin board that may sit in an office or on
>> a fridge, and the same applies for usenet.

>What's a "capitol letter"? The "a" and "o" are at opposite ends of the
>keyboard, so it can't be down to miskeying.
>
>I guess trolls don't need to be literate to be effective.

I guess when they handed out brains you missed the line....
Ya know that thing called spell check? well capitol happens to be an
actual word. and go figure that it just so happens to have several
more uses than the capital version... So I just want to ask you... WHY
THE **** DO YOU NOT THINK A LITTLE BEFORE YOU SPEAK??

capitol records
capitol credit union austin
capitol city
capitol building
capitol buick gmc
capitol bank
capitol bistro
capitol dental
capitol drugs
capitol federal bank
capitol gains tax
capitol goods
capitol group
capitol hill
capitol hill hotel
capitol tower

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
> wrote:

> I guess when they handed out brains you missed the line....
> Ya know that thing called spell check? well capitol happens to be an
> actual word. and go figure that it just so happens to have several
> more uses than the capital version... So I just want to ask you... WHY
> THE **** DO YOU NOT THINK A LITTLE BEFORE YOU SPEAK??
>
> capitol records
> capitol credit union austin
> capitol city
> capitol building
> capitol buick gmc
> capitol bank
> capitol bistro
> capitol dental
> capitol drugs
> capitol federal bank
> capitol gains tax
> capitol goods
> capitol group
> capitol hill
> capitol hill hotel
> capitol tower

You really don't know the difference between capitol and capital, do
you? Capitol gains tax and capitol goods? What the hell are those? I
don't want to lose you dude, but your posts are turning a light gray on
my white background Usenet browser. I don't know how to stop it.
Wait! I'll switch to a black background. No good. Now your posts are
dark gray on black. Damn!

leo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 04 Mar 2019 22:29:42 -0800, Leonard Blaisdell
> wrote:

>In article >,
> wrote:
>
>> I guess when they handed out brains you missed the line....
>> Ya know that thing called spell check? well capitol happens to be an
>> actual word. and go figure that it just so happens to have several
>> more uses than the capital version... So I just want to ask you... WHY
>> THE **** DO YOU NOT THINK A LITTLE BEFORE YOU SPEAK??
>>
>> capitol records
>> capitol credit union austin
>> capitol city
>> capitol building
>> capitol buick gmc
>> capitol bank
>> capitol bistro
>> capitol dental
>> capitol drugs
>> capitol federal bank
>> capitol gains tax
>> capitol goods
>> capitol group
>> capitol hill
>> capitol hill hotel
>> capitol tower

>You really don't know the difference between capitol and capital, do
>you? Capitol gains tax and capitol goods? What the hell are those? I
>don't want to lose you dude, but your posts are turning a light gray on
>my white background Usenet browser. I don't know how to stop it.
>Wait! I'll switch to a black background. No good. Now your posts are
>dark gray on black. Damn!

I read that gluten are good against dyslexia.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 04 Mar 2019 22:29:42 -0800, Leonard Blaisdell
> wrote:

>In article >,
> wrote:
>
>> I guess when they handed out brains you missed the line....
>> Ya know that thing called spell check? well capitol happens to be an
>> actual word. and go figure that it just so happens to have several
>> more uses than the capital version... So I just want to ask you... WHY
>> THE **** DO YOU NOT THINK A LITTLE BEFORE YOU SPEAK??
>>
>> capitol records
>> capitol credit union austin
>> capitol city
>> capitol building
>> capitol buick gmc
>> capitol bank
>> capitol bistro
>> capitol dental
>> capitol drugs
>> capitol federal bank
>> capitol gains tax
>> capitol goods
>> capitol group
>> capitol hill
>> capitol hill hotel
>> capitol tower

>You really don't know the difference between capitol and capital, do
>you? Capitol gains tax and capitol goods? What the hell are those? I

I can see you are not very good at this or you do not have a good
education or you are not at all familiar with the government or you
are not from the USA.
Long-term capital gains tax is a tax applied to assets held for more
than a year. The long-term capital gains tax rates are 0%, 15% and
20%, and they're typically much lower than the ordinary income tax
rate.

A capital good is a durable good that is used in the production of
goods or services. Capital goods are one of the three types of
producer goods, the other two being land and labor

Google is your friend...use the google, respect the google

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 05 Mar 2019 01:47:36 -0600,
wrote:

>On Mon, 04 Mar 2019 22:29:42 -0800, Leonard Blaisdell
> wrote:
>
>>In article >,
> wrote:
>>
>>> I guess when they handed out brains you missed the line....
>>> Ya know that thing called spell check? well capitol happens to be an
>>> actual word. and go figure that it just so happens to have several
>>> more uses than the capital version... So I just want to ask you... WHY
>>> THE **** DO YOU NOT THINK A LITTLE BEFORE YOU SPEAK??
>>>
>>> capitol records
>>> capitol credit union austin
>>> capitol city
>>> capitol building
>>> capitol buick gmc
>>> capitol bank
>>> capitol bistro
>>> capitol dental
>>> capitol drugs
>>> capitol federal bank
>>> capitol gains tax
>>> capitol goods
>>> capitol group
>>> capitol hill
>>> capitol hill hotel
>>> capitol tower

>>You really don't know the difference between capitol and capital, do
>>you? Capitol gains tax and capitol goods? What the hell are those? I

>I can see you are not very good at this or you do not have a good
>education or you are not at all familiar with the government or you
>are not from the USA.
>Long-term capital gains tax is a tax applied to assets held for more
>than a year. The long-term capital gains tax rates are 0%, 15% and
>20%, and they're typically much lower than the ordinary income tax
>rate.
>
>A capital good is a durable good that is used in the production of
>goods or services. Capital goods are one of the three types of
>producer goods, the other two being land and labor
>
>Google is your friend...use the google, respect the google

Uhm...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, February 28, 2019 at 6:05:43 AM UTC-10, A Moose in Love wrote:
> i like this one:
> (note that i use double the amount of garlic, and added some finely chopped ginger. the last batch, i did not use lemon juice because i didn't have any.
> could it be improved with parmesan cheese? maybe a bit of anchovy? and i only used 1 TBSP of raw honey.
>
> https://detoxinista.com/raw-apple-cider-vinaigrette/
>
> Raw Apple Cider Vinaigrette
> makes about 1 cup
>
> Adapted from this recipe
>
> Ingredients:
>
> 1 garlic clove, minced
> 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
> 1/4 cup raw apple cider vinegar
> 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
> 1-2 tablespoons raw honey, as needed for sweetness
> 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
> salt and pepper, to taste
>
> Directions:
>
> Combine all of the ingredients in glass mason jar, then seal the lid and shake until the honey dissolves and the ingredients are well combined. Adjust flavor to taste, if necessary. For best flavor, allow the dressing to marinate for at least 30 minutes before serving over your favorite greens.
>
> Store leftovers in the fridge for up to a week, and shake well before serving each time.
> 4.93 from 39 votes
> Save
> Print
> Raw Apple Cider Vinaigrette
> Prep Time
> 5 mins
> Total Time
> 5 mins
>

> A healthy vinaigrette featuring raw apple cider vinegar.
> Course: Salad
> Cuisine: American
> Keyword: apple cider, healthy, salad dressing, vinaigrette
> Servings:
> Calories: 122 kcal
> Author: Detoxinista.com
> Ingredients
>
> 1 garlic clove , minced
> 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
> 1/4 cup raw apple cider vinegar
> 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juic
> 1-2 tablespoons raw honey , as needed for sweetness
> 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
> salt and pepper , to taste
>
> Instructions
>
> Combine all of the ingredients in glass mason jar, then seal the lid and shake until the honey dissolves and the ingredients are well combined. Adjust flavor to taste, if necessary. For best flavor, allow the dressing to marinate for at least 30 minutes before serving over your favorite greens..
> Store leftovers in the fridge for up to a week, and shake well before serving each time.

I made this tonight for my wife to take to work. It has cucumbers with a dressing of vinegar, sugar, and salt. I fried up a smoked pork chop and that's it buried under some kim chee. Kim chee on top of a smoked pork chop might seem a little weird but if you're Korean, it makes perfect sense. That yellow stuff is a pickled radish - takuan.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...T3C2Udya19bk6V
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 06 Mar 2019 18:20:02 GMT, Pamela >
wrote:

>On 22:20 4 Mar 2019, wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 04 Mar 2019 21:44:42 GMT, Pamela >
>> wrote:

>>>What's a "capitol letter"? The "a" and "o" are at opposite ends of the
>>>keyboard, so it can't be down to miskeying.
>>>
>>>I guess trolls don't need to be literate to be effective.

>> I guess when they handed out brains you missed the line....
>> Ya know that thing called spell check? well capitol happens to be an
>> actual word. and go figure that it just so happens to have several
>> more uses than the capital version... So I just want to ask you... WHY
>> THE **** DO YOU NOT THINK A LITTLE BEFORE YOU SPEAK??
>>
>> capitol records
>> capitol credit union austin
>> capitol city
>> capitol building
>> capitol buick gmc
>> capitol bank
>> capitol bistro
>> capitol dental
>> capitol drugs
>> capitol federal bank
>> capitol gains tax
>> capitol foods
>> capitol group
>> capitol hill
>> capitol hill hotel
>> capitol tower

>Why don't you answer the question?
>
>I asked what's a "capitol letter?"

I did ... please let me retort.. again...

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, March 6, 2019 at 1:48:42 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> On Wed, 06 Mar 2019 18:20:02 GMT, Pamela >
> wrote:
>
> >On 22:20 4 Mar 2019, wrote:

> >> I guess when they handed out brains you missed the line....
> >> Ya know that thing called spell check? well capitol happens to be an
> >> actual word. and go figure that it just so happens to have several
> >> more uses than the capital version... So I just want to ask you... WHY
> >> THE **** DO YOU NOT THINK A LITTLE BEFORE YOU SPEAK??
> >>
> >> capitol records
> >> capitol credit union austin
> >> capitol city
> >> capitol building
> >> capitol buick gmc
> >> capitol bank
> >> capitol bistro
> >> capitol dental
> >> capitol drugs
> >> capitol federal bank
> >> capitol gains tax
> >> capitol foods
> >> capitol group
> >> capitol hill
> >> capitol hill hotel
> >> capitol tower

> >Why don't you answer the question?
> >
> >I asked what's a "capitol letter?"

> I did ... please let me retort.. again...
>
> > I guess when they handed out brains you missed the line....
> > Ya know that thing called spell check? well capitol happens to be an
> > actual word. and go figure that it just so happens to have several
> > more uses than the capit....................

> --
>
> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

"Capitol" refers almost exclusively to the building that houses a
government.

"Capital" is used for almost every other use.

Thus "capital letter".

Quite a few of the examples that you cited are businesses located
in or near the capitol of something or other, and are named for
the capitol building.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-03-06 1:31 p.m., Pamela wrote:
> On 19:51 6 Mar 2019, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>
>> On Wednesday, March 6, 2019 at 1:48:42 PM UTC-5,
>> wrote:

>> arth

>> at I

>> d to

>> w it is

>> ,

>> ot

>>> I did ... please let me retort.. again...

>>> --
>>>
>>> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

>> "Capitol" refers almost exclusively to the building that houses a
>> government.
>>
>> "Capital" is used for almost every other use.
>>
>> Thus "capital letter".
>>
>> Quite a few of the examples that you cited are businesses located
>> in or near the capitol of something or other, and are named for
>> the capitol building.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton

> Of course, that's right.
>
> When I mentioned CK's misspelling, he should have admitted it gracefully
> and said it's an error. Instead he throws a tantrum.
>
> I wonder if gluten deficiency can have this sort of effect.

I had the same gut feeling!
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

graham wrote:

> On 2019-03-06 1:31 p.m., Pamela wrote:
> > On 19:51 6 Mar 2019, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> >> arth

> >> at I
> >> d to

> >> w it is

> >> ,

> >> ot

> >> "Capitol" refers almost exclusively to the building that houses a
> >> government.
> >>
> >> "Capital" is used for almost every other use.
> >>
> >> Thus "capital letter".
> >>
> >> Quite a few of the examples that you cited are businesses located
> >> in or near the capitol of something or other, and are named for
> >> the capitol building.
> >>
> >> Cindy Hamilton

> > Of course, that's right.
> >
> > When I mentioned CK's misspelling, he should have admitted it gracefully
> > and said it's an error. Instead he throws a tantrum.
> >
> > I wonder if gluten deficiency can have this sort of effect.
> >

> I had the same gut feeling!

Here is some "food" for your spiritual sustenance, graham...!!!

Exodus 16:12
12 €śI have heard the grumbling of the Israelites. Tell them, "At twilight you will eat meat, and in the morning you will be filled with bread. Then you will know that I am the LORD your God. €ť

Proverbs 15:17
17 Better a small serving of vegetables with love than a fattened calf with hatred..."

;-D

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 6 Mar 2019 14:44:14 -0800 (PST), GM
> wrote:

>graham wrote:
>
>> On 2019-03-06 1:31 p.m., Pamela wrote:

>> > When I mentioned CK's misspelling, he should have admitted it gracefully
>> > and said it's an error. Instead he throws a tantrum.
>> >
>> > I wonder if gluten deficiency can have this sort of effect.
>> >

>> I had the same gut feeling!

>Here is some "food" for your spiritual sustenance, graham...!!!
>
>Exodus 16:12
>12 “I have heard the grumbling of the Israelites. Tell them, ‘At twilight you will eat meat, and in the morning you will be filled with bread. Then you will know that I am the LORD your God.’ ”
>

>Proverbs 15:17
>17 Better a small serving of vegetables with love than a fattened calf with hatred..."

There you go. All good Christians are vegetarians.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-03-06 3:44 p.m., GM wrote:
> graham wrote:
>

>>> I wonder if gluten deficiency can have this sort of effect.
>>>

>> I had the same gut feeling!

> Here is some "food" for your spiritual sustenance, graham...!!!
>
> Exodus 16:12
> 12 €śI have heard the grumbling of the Israelites. Tell them, "At twilight you will eat meat, and in the morning you will be filled with bread. Then you will know that I am the LORD your God. €ť
>

> Proverbs 15:17
> 17 Better a small serving of vegetables with love than a fattened calf with hatred..."
>
> ;-D

"The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose,
An evil soul producing holy witness
Is like a villain with a smiling cheek,
A goodly apple rotten at the heart."
Shakespeare

Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

graham wrote:

> >> I had the same gut feeling!

> > Here is some "food" for your spiritual sustenance, graham...!!!
> >
> > Exodus 16:12
> > 12 €śI have heard the grumbling of the Israelites. Tell them, "At twilight you will eat meat, and in the morning you will be filled with bread. Then you will know that I am the LORD your God. €ť
> >

> > Proverbs 15:17
> > 17 Better a small serving of vegetables with love than a fattened calf with hatred..."
> >
> > ;-D
> >

> "The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose,
> An evil soul producing holy witness
> Is like a villain with a smiling cheek,
> A goodly apple rotten at the heart."
> Shakespeare

Now graham, I can *assure* that I'm the very nicest - and most humble! - bloke you could ever meet...

:-D

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-03-06 4:30 p.m., GM wrote:
> graham wrote:

>>> Here is some "food" for your spiritual sustenance, graham...!!!
>>>
>>> Exodus 16:12
>>> 12 €śI have heard the grumbling of the Israelites. Tell them, "At twilight you will eat meat, and in the morning you will be filled with bread. Then you will know that I am the LORD your God. €ť
>>>

>>> Proverbs 15:17
>>> 17 Better a small serving of vegetables with love than a fattened calf with hatred..."
>>>
>>> ;-D
>>>

>> "The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose,
>> An evil soul producing holy witness
>> Is like a villain with a smiling cheek,
>> A goodly apple rotten at the heart."
>> Shakespeare

> Now graham, I can *assure* that I'm the very nicest - and most humble! - bloke you could ever meet...
>
> :-D

I'm sure you are, as long as you keep your superstitions to yourself:-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, March 6, 2019 at 12:44:17 PM UTC-10, GM wrote:
> graham wrote:

> > > Of course, that's right.
> > >
> > > When I mentioned CK's misspelling, he should have admitted it gracefully
> > > and said it's an error. Instead he throws a tantrum.
> > >
> > > I wonder if gluten deficiency can have this sort of effect.
> > >

> > I had the same gut feeling!

> Here is some "food" for your spiritual sustenance, graham...!!!
>
> Exodus 16:12
> 12 €śI have heard the grumbling of the Israelites. Tell them, "At twilight you will eat meat, and in the morning you will be filled with bread. Then you will know that I am the LORD your God. €ť
>

> Proverbs 15:17
> 17 Better a small serving of vegetables with love than a fattened calf with hatred..."
>
> ;-D
>
> --
> Best
> Greg

YOU DIE NOW!!! AYEEEEE!!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

)

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 6 Mar 2019 15:30:51 -0800 (PST), GM
> wrote:

>graham wrote:

>> > Here is some "food" for your spiritual sustenance, graham...!!!
>> >
>> > Exodus 16:12
>> > 12 “I have heard the grumbling of the Israelites. Tell them, ‘At twilight you will eat meat, and in the morning you will be filled with bread. Then you will know that I am the LORD your God.’ ”
>> >

>> > Proverbs 15:17
>> > 17 Better a small serving of vegetables with love than a fattened calf with hatred..."
>> >
>> > ;-D
>> >

>> "The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose,
>> An evil soul producing holy witness
>> Is like a villain with a smiling cheek,
>> A goodly apple rotten at the heart."
>> Shakespeare

>Now graham, I can *assure* that I'm the very nicest - and most humble! - bloke you could ever meet...

"You're a Glory Hole *** Queen...and a RIMMER...!!!" (GM)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Mar 2019 15:30:51 -0800 (PST), GM
> > wrote:
>
>> graham wrote:

>>> "The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose,
>>> An evil soul producing holy witness
>>> Is like a villain with a smiling cheek,
>>> A goodly apple rotten at the heart."
>>> Shakespeare

>> Now graham, I can *assure* that I'm the very nicest - and most humble! - bloke you could ever meet...

> "You're a Glory Hole *** Queen...and a RIMMER...!!!" (GM)

And the Lord thy God lifted up his leg, and shewed his right arse unto
ye sinners. And hurricanes didst bloweth the entire earth ... yea, and
even sank Popeye's vessel.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 06 Mar 2019 20:31:16 GMT, Pamela >
wrote:

>On 19:51 6 Mar 2019, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>snip
>
>When I mentioned CK's misspelling, he should have admitted it gracefully
>and said it's an error. Instead he throws a tantrum.
>
>I wonder if gluten deficiency can have this sort of effect.

Snork!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 6 Mar 2019 14:44:14 -0800 (PST), GM
> wrote:

>graham wrote:

>> > Of course, that's right.
>> >
>> > When I mentioned CK's misspelling, he should have admitted it gracefully
>> > and said it's an error. Instead he throws a tantrum.
>> >
>> > I wonder if gluten deficiency can have this sort of effect.
>> >

>> I had the same gut feeling!

>Here is some "food" for your spiritual sustenance, graham...!!!
>
>Exodus 16:12
>12 “I have heard the grumbling of the Israelites. Tell them, ‘At twilight you will eat meat, and in the morning you will be filled with bread. Then you will know that I am the LORD your God.’ ”
>

>Proverbs 15:17
>17 Better a small serving of vegetables with love than a fattened calf with hatred..."

what about the part of the bible where harry potter has bread and
alcoholic beverages???

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____