Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Peanuts

Bruce wrote:

> I'm making nut burgers
> soon. That might sound like a vegetarian nightmare, but they can be
> quite good.

I'd like to hear about that. Tell us a story.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 05 Mar 2019 10:07:03 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>Bruce wrote:
>>
>> I'm making nut burgers
>> soon. That might sound like a vegetarian nightmare, but they can be
>> quite good.

>I'd like to hear about that. Tell us a story.

I only made them once before so far. I probably got this from the
Internet:

Nutburgers
Group 1: 115 gr walnut, 100 gr almond, 75 gr cashew, 1 clove of
garlic, big pinch of salt; food process

Group2: 1 tbsp ketchup, 1 tbsp soy sauce, 3 tbsp, nutritional yeast, ¼
tsp mixed herbs, small carrot, small zuchini, 60 gr rolled oats; food
process; make paddies, pan fry

They were a bit wet, so I'll add a bit more oats next time. Also some
chilli pepper and a bit more garlic.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" wrote in message news
On Tue, 05 Mar 2019 10:07:03 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>Bruce wrote:
>>
>> I'm making nut burgers
>> soon. That might sound like a vegetarian nightmare, but they can be
>> quite good.

>I'd like to hear about that. Tell us a story.

I only made them once before so far. I probably got this from the
Internet:

Nutburgers
Group 1: 115 gr walnut, 100 gr almond, 75 gr cashew, 1 clove of
garlic, big pinch of salt; food process

Group2: 1 tbsp ketchup, 1 tbsp soy sauce, 3 tbsp, nutritional yeast, ¼
tsp mixed herbs, small carrot, small zuchini, 60 gr rolled oats; food
process; make paddies, pan fry

They were a bit wet, so I'll add a bit more oats next time. Also some
chilli pepper and a bit more garlic.

==

When you work it out, please do post the recipe)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Regardless of day to day weather, Dave, I still think if I could find that damn groundhog,
I wouldn't feel a bit guilty for killing the beast. He was certainly wrong this year.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-03-05 6:05 p.m., Nancy2 wrote:
> Regardless of day to day weather, Dave, I still think if I could find
> that damn groundhog, I wouldn't feel a bit guilty for killing the
> beast. He was certainly wrong this year.

It was nasty cold here. It was -9 C. That isn't usually really bad but
there was something evil in the air. I had to fill my tires and it was
bitter cold with my gloves off. I had a heck of a time getting the valve
caps off because my fingers were so stiff and cold.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 5 Mar 2019 15:05:27 -0800 (PST), Nancy2
> wrote:

>Regardless of day to day weather, Dave, I still think if I could find that damn groundhog,
>I wouldn't feel a bit guilty for killing the beast. He was certainly wrong this year.
>
>N.

It was not wrong, at least not here. It was 79 F here last week, we
did get a cold front and it fell to 33 F or like .2 c

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/5/2019 6:52 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2019-03-05 6:05 p.m., Nancy2 wrote:
>> Regardless of day to day weather, Dave, I still think if I could find
>> that damn groundhog, I wouldn't feel a bit guilty for killing the
>> beast.Â* He was certainly wrong this year.
>>

> It was nasty cold here. It was -9 C. That isn't usually really bad but
> there was something evil in the air. I had to fill my tires and it was
> bitter cold with my gloves off. I had a heck of a time getting the valve
> caps off because my fingers were so stiff and cold.

Yeah it was 18C here when we went out, My wife wore a sweater it was so
chilly.

I always put a couple of extra psi in the tires this time of year to
keep the sensors from going off when the temperature drops. By now
though, it can drop.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>On Tue, 5 Mar 2019 15:05:27 -0800 (PST), Nancy2
> wrote:
>>
>>>Regardless of day to day weather, Dave, I still think if I could find that damn groundhog,
>>>I wouldn't feel a bit guilty for killing the beast. He was certainly wrong this year.
>>>
>>>N.

>>It was not wrong, at least not here. It was 79 F here last week, we
>>did get a cold front and it fell to 33 F or like .2 c

>Good on you for adding the C conversion.

Oh well you know bruce that I am here just to please you.... and if
you are a human and dont know that 32f is 0 c then I feel sorry for
you..

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, March 5, 2019 at 4:50:46 PM UTC-7, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2019-03-05 6:05 p.m., Nancy2 wrote:
> > Regardless of day to day weather, Dave, I still think if I could find
> > that damn groundhog, I wouldn't feel a bit guilty for killing the
> > beast. He was certainly wrong this year.
> >

> It was nasty cold here. It was -9 C. That isn't usually really bad but
> there was something evil in the air. I had to fill my tires and it was
> bitter cold with my gloves off. I had a heck of a time getting the valve
> caps off because my fingers were so stiff and cold.

Our "Tire Shops" here in HELBERTA check pressure FREE...saves a lot of frozen fingers.
====
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 06 Mar 2019 13:58:50 +1100, Bruce >
wrote:

>On Tue, 5 Mar 2019 18:37:30 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:
>
>>On Tuesday, March 5, 2019 at 7:33:54 PM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:

>>> I don't know anything about F. Only Americans use that.
>>>

>>Countries that use the Fahrenheit include the Bahamas, Palau, Belize,
>>the Cayman Islands, the Federated States of Micronesia, the Marshall
>>Islands, and the United States and its territories such as Puerto Rico,
>>the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Guam.

>So it's not just the US. It's the US and a few fly shits in the
>Pacific. That changes everything!

Personally I think it is for shit, the us government is one of the
worst in the world (and I live here). I will say one thing though
about F. It is a lot more accurate, or I should say precise.

Lets say it is 60f outside which you may need a light jacket for
or lets say it is 65f which is still cool but you may not need a
jacket, 5 degrees can be a big difference

65f is 18.3333c
and 60f is 15.5556 There just does not seem to be much difference
there
hell 66f is 18.8889c.

I mean who is going to say hey it is 18.8889c if it was 18.3333c the
game would have been canceled

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>>Countries that use the Fahrenheit include the Bahamas, Palau, Belize,
>>>the Cayman Islands, the Federated States of Micronesia, the Marshall
>>>Islands, and the United States and its territories such as Puerto Rico,
>>>the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Guam.

>>So it's not just the US. It's the US and a few fly shits in the
>>Pacific. That changes everything!

>Personally I think it is for shit, the us government is one of the
>worst in the world (and I live here). I will say one thing though
>about F. It is a lot more accurate, or I should say precise.
>
>Lets say it is 60f outside which you may need a light jacket for
>or lets say it is 65f which is still cool but you may not need a
>jacket, 5 degrees can be a big difference
>
>65f is 18.3333c
>and 60f is 15.5556 There just does not seem to be much difference
>there
>hell 66f is 18.8889c.
>
> I mean who is going to say hey it is 18.8889c if it was 18.3333c the
>game would have been canceled

Does that mean you prefer centimeters to inches?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>On Wed, 06 Mar 2019 13:58:50 +1100, Bruce >
>>wrote:

>>>So it's not just the US. It's the US and a few fly shits in the
>>>Pacific. That changes everything!

>>Personally I think it is for shit, the us government is one of the
>>worst in the world (and I live here). I will say one thing though
>>about F. It is a lot more accurate, or I should say precise.
>>
>>Lets say it is 60f outside which you may need a light jacket for
>>or lets say it is 65f which is still cool but you may not need a
>>jacket, 5 degrees can be a big difference
>>
>>65f is 18.3333c
>>and 60f is 15.5556 There just does not seem to be much difference
>>there
>>hell 66f is 18.8889c.
>>
>> I mean who is going to say hey it is 18.8889c if it was 18.3333c the
>>game would have been canceled

>Does that mean you prefer centimeters to inches?

Yes metric is always best when doing length, area, and volume
measurements

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-03-06 1:18 a.m., Roy wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 5, 2019 at 4:50:46 PM UTC-7, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2019-03-05 6:05 p.m., Nancy2 wrote:
>>> Regardless of day to day weather, Dave, I still think if I could find
>>> that damn groundhog, I wouldn't feel a bit guilty for killing the
>>> beast. He was certainly wrong this year.
>>>

>> It was nasty cold here. It was -9 C. That isn't usually really bad but
>> there was something evil in the air. I had to fill my tires and it was
>> bitter cold with my gloves off. I had a heck of a time getting the valve
>> caps off because my fingers were so stiff and cold.

> Our "Tire Shops" here in HELBERTA check pressure FREE...saves a lot of frozen fingers.
> ====

It will be HELBERTA when fatty Kenney takes over!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-03-06 3:18 a.m., Roy wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 5, 2019 at 4:50:46 PM UTC-7, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2019-03-05 6:05 p.m., Nancy2 wrote:
>>> Regardless of day to day weather, Dave, I still think if I could
>>> find that damn groundhog, I wouldn't feel a bit guilty for
>>> killing the beast. He was certainly wrong this year.
>>>

>> It was nasty cold here. It was -9 C. That isn't usually really bad
>> but there was something evil in the air. I had to fill my tires and
>> it was bitter cold with my gloves off. I had a heck of a time
>> getting the valve caps off because my fingers were so stiff and
>> cold.

> Our "Tire Shops" here in HELBERTA check pressure FREE...saves a lot
> of frozen fingers. ====

Our -9 would not make you wince. I have been in -40 winter weather in
Winnipeg. I would drive on flat tires before I took of gloves to deal
with it in that weather. At -9 I will take my gloves off and bitch and
whine rather than wait to have it done in a shop. When the same tire
keeps running down I will take it back to the shop.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 6 Mar 2019 09:26:01 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2019-03-06 3:18 a.m., Roy wrote:
>>>>

>>> It was nasty cold here. It was -9 C. That isn't usually really bad
>>> but there was something evil in the air. I had to fill my tires and
>>> it was bitter cold with my gloves off. I had a heck of a time
>>> getting the valve caps off because my fingers were so stiff and
>>> cold.

>> Our "Tire Shops" here in HELBERTA check pressure FREE...saves a lot
>> of frozen fingers. ====
>>

>Our -9 would not make you wince. I have been in -40 winter weather in
>Winnipeg. I would drive on flat tires before I took of gloves to deal
>with it in that weather. At -9 I will take my gloves off and bitch and
>whine rather than wait to have it done in a shop. When the same tire
>keeps running down I will take it back to the shop.

I add 5-6 pounds extra for winter. My wife's vehical has an idiot
light that comes on for low tire pressure, even the spare, and each
time she returns from the shop for a tire rotation her tires are
low... I think they purposely under inflate so you return so they can
sell you something. Fortunately that idiot light doesn't indicate
over inflation.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:

> Christ-boy wrote:
> > I mean who is going to say hey it is 18.8889c if it was 18.3333c the
> >game would have been canceled

> Does that mean you prefer centimeters to inches?

On a slightly related note, I prefer deep-fried centipedes to
inch-worms. Lots of salt and pepper naturally. Not sure but I
think some of our african brothers and sisters prefer that too.
(?)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 06 Mar 2019 11:15:43 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>Bruce wrote:
>>
>> Christ-boy wrote:
>> > I mean who is going to say hey it is 18.8889c if it was 18.3333c the
>> >game would have been canceled

>> Does that mean you prefer centimeters to inches?

>On a slightly related note, I prefer deep-fried centipedes to
>inch-worms. Lots of salt and pepper naturally. Not sure but I
>think some of our african brothers and sisters prefer that too.
>(?)

See what those cheeseburgers do to the brain?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

My locally-owned tire shop is great. If I want to have the pressures checked, or changed, I can drive
up to one of the bay garage doors, go in the customer entrance and just ask one of the techs if
he had time to check them. They open the overhead door, and just come out with the air hose (with the
air pressure gizmo on it) and fix the pressures. Really fast, no hassle, no charge. It is just basic
great customer service.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 06 Mar 2019 11:15:43 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>Bruce wrote:
>>
>> Christ-boy wrote:
>> > I mean who is going to say hey it is 18.8889c if it was 18.3333c the
>> >game would have been canceled

>> Does that mean you prefer centimeters to inches?

Every gal I've known prefered inches to centimeters/

>On a slightly related note, I prefer deep-fried centipedes to
>inch-worms. Lots of salt and pepper naturally. Not sure but I
>think some of our african brothers and sisters prefer that too.
>(?)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/6/2019 1:03 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2019-03-06 10:48 a.m., wrote:
>> On Wed, 6 Mar 2019 09:26:01 -0500, Dave Smith

>>> Our -9 would not make you wince. I have been in -40 winter weather in
>>> Winnipeg. I would drive on flat tires before I took of gloves to deal
>>> with it in that weather.Â* At -9 I will take my gloves off and bitch and
>>> whine rather than wait to have it done in a shop.Â* When the same tire
>>> keeps running down I will take it back to the shop.

>> I add 5-6 pounds extra for winter.Â* My wife's vehical has an idiot
>> light that comes on for low tire pressure, even the spare, and each
>> time she returns from the shop for a tire rotation her tires are
>> low... I think they purposely under inflate so you return so they can
>> sell you something.Â* Fortunately that idiot light doesn't indicate
>> over inflation.
>>

> Over inflation of tires is not much better than under inflation.Â* Air
> pressure does vary with extreme temperature differences. Tires are not
> perfectly sealed and theÂ* slowly lose air through the rubber. They
> should be checked regularly.
>
> I was not the only with air issues yesterday. There was a car at the air
> pump when I arrived and another pulled up while I was doing my tires.

I had to add air to mine a few weeks ago. One of my neighbors is a car
fanatic so he has all the gadgets. He brought over an electric
compressor and inflated the tires for me.

Jill

what's with peanuts? notbob[_7_] General Cooking 55 20-02-2019 07:22 PM
Peanuts notbob General Cooking 5 27-09-2018 12:31 AM
Raw Peanuts Silvar Beitel General Cooking 14 09-01-2008 06:44 AM
More peanuts Dav General Cooking 896 15-01-2007 11:09 PM
Peanuts Sheldon General Cooking 2 01-11-2006 10:49 PM