Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default My Lady Love is going to make a classic United Statesian food dish!

I took her to the local grocers on the way home from picking her up from her jobÂ*this evening! She told me she needed green beans, french fried onions and she said she has the Cream Of Mushroom soup at home!

Guess? ;-)

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 27 Feb 2019 17:01:54 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe
> wrote:

>I took her to the local grocers on the way home from picking her up from her job*this evening! She told me she needed green beans, french fried onions and she said she has the Cream Of Mushroom soup at home!
>
>Guess? ;-)

A science project ŕ la Gary?

PS: What are French fried onions? Is that another "let's throw in a
random European reference to make it sound more classy"?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, February 27, 2019 at 7:12:35 PM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Feb 2019 17:01:54 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe
> > wrote:
>
> >I took her to the local grocers on the way home from picking her up from her jobÂ*this evening! She told me she needed green beans, french fried onions and she said she has the Cream Of Mushroom soup at home!
> >
> >Guess? ;-)

> A science project Ă* la Gary?
>
> PS: What are French fried onions? Is that another "let's throw in a
> random European reference to make it sound more classy"?

I thought we were Foodies! ;-)

After we found all the necessary items I congratulated her and told her that she now has everything she needs to make one of the most disgusting traditional United Statesian foods!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sour...51403212047783

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 27 Feb 2019 17:23:04 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, February 27, 2019 at 7:12:35 PM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:
>> On Wed, 27 Feb 2019 17:01:54 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >I took her to the local grocers on the way home from picking her up from her job*this evening! She told me she needed green beans, french fried onions and she said she has the Cream Of Mushroom soup at home!
>> >
>> >Guess? ;-)

>> A science project ŕ la Gary?
>>
>> PS: What are French fried onions? Is that another "let's throw in a
>> random European reference to make it sound more classy"?

>I thought we were Foodies! ;-)

Yes, but we're not all Americans.

>After we found all the necessary items I congratulated her and told her that she now has everything she needs to make one of the most disgusting traditional United Statesian foods!
>
>https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sour...51403212047783

Looks fine to me apart from that soup.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, February 27, 2019 at 8:12:35 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Feb 2019 17:01:54 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe
> > wrote:
>
> >I took her to the local grocers on the way home from picking her up from her jobÂ*this evening! She told me she needed green beans, french fried onions and she said she has the Cream Of Mushroom soup at home!
> >
> >Guess? ;-)

> A science project Ă* la Gary?
>
> PS: What are French fried onions? Is that another "let's throw in a
> random European reference to make it sound more classy"?

Onions that have been "french cut" and then fried:

North American
(of a vegetable) sliced lengthwise in thin strips.
"French-cut green beans"

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, February 28, 2019 at 5:08:14 AM UTC-6, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 27, 2019 at 8:12:35 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> > On Wed, 27 Feb 2019 17:01:54 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe
> > > wrote:
> >
> > >I took her to the local grocers on the way home from picking her up from her jobÂ*this evening! She told me she needed green beans, french fried onions and she said she has the Cream Of Mushroom soup at home!
> > >
> > >Guess? ;-)

> > A science project Ă* la Gary?
> >
> > PS: What are French fried onions? Is that another "let's throw in a
> > random European reference to make it sound more classy"?

> Onions that have been "french cut" and then fried:
>
> North American
> (of a vegetable) sliced lengthwise in thin strips.
> "French-cut green beans"
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Whatever!! Classic White Suburban Trash Dish! YUCK! :-(

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:

> > >I took her to the local grocers on the way home from picking her up from her job this evening! She told me she needed green beans, french fried onions and she said she has the Cream Of Mushroom soup at home!

> After we found all the necessary items I congratulated her and told her that she now has everything she needs to make one of the most disgusting traditional United Statesian foods!

So she was excited to cook something for you.
You then completely cut down her meal as the most disgusting....
Time to find a new lady love, my friend.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 28 Feb 2019 10:54:44 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>> After we found all the necessary items I congratulated her and told her that she now has everything she needs to make one of the most disgusting traditional United Statesian foods!

>So she was excited to cook something for you.
>You then completely cut down her meal as the most disgusting....
>Time to find a new lady love, my friend.

Aww, Gary's defensive of Campbell's mushroom concoction.

"Water, Mushrooms, Vegetable Oil (Corn, Cottonseed, Canola, And/or
Soybean), Modified Food Starch, Wheat Flour, Contains Less Than 2% of:
Salt, Cream (Milk), Whey, Soy Protein Concentrate, Monosodium
Glutamate, Yeast Extract, Flavoring, Garlic."

Not so bad, except for the mysterious "Flavoring". Ground up toenails?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 28 Feb 2019 03:08:10 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, February 27, 2019 at 8:12:35 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>> On Wed, 27 Feb 2019 17:01:54 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >I took her to the local grocers on the way home from picking her up from her job*this evening! She told me she needed green beans, french fried onions and she said she has the Cream Of Mushroom soup at home!
>> >
>> >Guess? ;-)

>> A science project ŕ la Gary?
>>
>> PS: What are French fried onions? Is that another "let's throw in a
>> random European reference to make it sound more classy"?

>Onions that have been "french cut" and then fried:
>
>North American
>(of a vegetable) sliced lengthwise in thin strips.
>"French-cut green beans"

Thanks. I wonder if the French know that there's a French way to cut
beans.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, February 28, 2019 at 5:54:49 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:

> > After we found all the necessary items I congratulated her and told her that she now has everything she needs to make one of the most disgusting traditional United Statesian foods!

> So she was excited to cook something for you.
> You then completely cut down her meal as the most disgusting....
> Time to find a new lady love, my friend.

My guess is that young non-white people regard green bean casserole to be some kind of mythical, magical, white people food. It is one of the few foods that my son will cook. He makes a giant pan of the stuff for parties. Evidently, it's a hit with the kids.

It was a great disappointment for me when I first had a taste of green bean casserole. It tasted like canned green beans and canned soup. In this case, the dish is not greater than the sum of it's parts. The arrival of green bean casserole to Hawaii probably signals the end of our island culture.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, February 28, 2019 at 9:54:49 AM UTC-6, Gary wrote:

> > After we found all the necessary items I congratulated her and told her that she now has everything she needs to make one of the most disgusting traditional United Statesian foods!

> So she was excited to cook something for you.
> You then completely cut down her meal as the most disgusting....
> Time to find a new lady love, my friend.

No, she said she was making it for friends, I assume her Indian friends.

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, February 28, 2019 at 11:34:26 AM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

> >> After we found all the necessary items I congratulated her and told her that she now has everything she needs to make one of the most disgusting traditional United Statesian foods!

> >So she was excited to cook something for you.
> >You then completely cut down her meal as the most disgusting....
> >Time to find a new lady love, my friend.

> Aww, Gary's defensive of Campbell's mushroom concoction.
>
> "Water, Mushrooms, Vegetable Oil (Corn, Cottonseed, Canola, And/or
> Soybean), Modified Food Starch, Wheat Flour, Contains Less Than 2% of:
> Salt, Cream (Milk), Whey, Soy Protein Concentrate, Monosodium
> Glutamate, Yeast Extract, Flavoring, Garlic."
>
> Not so bad, except for the mysterious "Flavoring". Ground up toenails?

The government regulates what is allowed to be called "flavoring".
I seem to recall toenails are specifically disallowed.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, February 28, 2019 at 12:06:35 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:

> > > After we found all the necessary items I congratulated her and told her that she now has everything she needs to make one of the most disgusting traditional United Statesian foods!

> > So she was excited to cook something for you.
> > You then completely cut down her meal as the most disgusting....
> > Time to find a new lady love, my friend.

> My guess is that young non-white people regard green bean casserole to be some kind of mythical, magical, white people food. It is one of the few foods that my son will cook. He makes a giant pan of the stuff for parties. Evidently, it's a hit with the kids.
>
> It was a great disappointment for me when I first had a taste of green bean casserole. It tasted like canned green beans and canned soup. In this case, the dish is not greater than the sum of it's parts. The arrival of green bean casserole to Hawaii probably signals the end of our island culture.

It's possible to make it from scratch and achieve much tastier
results. I still am not crazy about casseroles, so I've never
tried.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, February 28, 2019 at 11:38:23 AM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Feb 2019 03:08:10 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
> >On Wednesday, February 27, 2019 at 8:12:35 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> >> On Wed, 27 Feb 2019 17:01:54 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe

> >> A science project Ă* la Gary?
> >>
> >> PS: What are French fried onions? Is that another "let's throw in a
> >> random European reference to make it sound more classy"?

> >Onions that have been "french cut" and then fried:
> >
> >North American
> >(of a vegetable) sliced lengthwise in thin strips.
> >"French-cut green beans"

> Thanks. I wonder if the French know that there's a French way to cut
> beans.

They probably just call it julienne.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh John, how very superior of you. I love green bean casserole, but my recipe is a little different.
And delicious. It is far from "trailer trash" food, whatever that is. But since your tastes are so
worldly and so elevated beyond what we common folk enjoy, I'm sure you would find fault with it.

Are you going to share your superior opinion of this side dish with your "lady love" after she
makes it for you? I hope not, for her sake. Instead of being so insulting, why not offer up
YOUR idea of an appropriate dish centered around green beans?

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 28 Feb 2019 09:55:36 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Thursday, February 28, 2019 at 11:34:26 AM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

>> >So she was excited to cook something for you.
>> >You then completely cut down her meal as the most disgusting....
>> >Time to find a new lady love, my friend.

>> Aww, Gary's defensive of Campbell's mushroom concoction.
>>
>> "Water, Mushrooms, Vegetable Oil (Corn, Cottonseed, Canola, And/or
>> Soybean), Modified Food Starch, Wheat Flour, Contains Less Than 2% of:
>> Salt, Cream (Milk), Whey, Soy Protein Concentrate, Monosodium
>> Glutamate, Yeast Extract, Flavoring, Garlic."
>>
>> Not so bad, except for the mysterious "Flavoring". Ground up toenails?

>The government regulates what is allowed to be called "flavoring".
>I seem to recall toenails are specifically disallowed.

We're supposed to eat it, but we're not allowed to know what it is.
All we can hope for is that the government knows and that they're not
in the pocket of the food industry. Dodgy...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 28 Feb 2019 09:59:05 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Thursday, February 28, 2019 at 11:38:23 AM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>> On Thu, 28 Feb 2019 03:08:10 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>> >Onions that have been "french cut" and then fried:
>> >
>> >North American
>> >(of a vegetable) sliced lengthwise in thin strips.
>> >"French-cut green beans"

>> Thanks. I wonder if the French know that there's a French way to cut
>> beans.

>They probably just call it julienne.

Yes!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, February 27, 2019 at 3:23:08 PM UTC-10, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 27, 2019 at 7:12:35 PM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:
> > On Wed, 27 Feb 2019 17:01:54 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe
> > > wrote:
> >
> > >I took her to the local grocers on the way home from picking her up from her jobÂ*this evening! She told me she needed green beans, french fried onions and she said she has the Cream Of Mushroom soup at home!
> > >
> > >Guess? ;-)

> > A science project Ă* la Gary?
> >
> > PS: What are French fried onions? Is that another "let's throw in a
> > random European reference to make it sound more classy"?

> I thought we were Foodies! ;-)
>
> After we found all the necessary items I congratulated her and told her that she now has everything she needs to make one of the most disgusting traditional United Statesian foods!
>
> https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sour...51403212047783
>
> John Kuthe...

What a buzz kill. You could have not said anything and let her decide for herself. That would have been the nice thing to do.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, February 28, 2019 at 7:56:38 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> It's possible to make it from scratch and achieve much tastier
> results. I still am not crazy about casseroles, so I've never
> tried.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

I'll take your word for it. The only thing I can do is have a taste whenever I see that dish and hope. How many chances will I get before I die? Once, maybe twice? Let's just say that the odds are not in my favor.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-02-28 12:56 p.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Thursday, February 28, 2019 at 12:06:35 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:

>> My guess is that young non-white people regard green bean casserole to be some kind of mythical, magical, white people food. It is one of the few foods that my son will cook. He makes a giant pan of the stuff for parties. Evidently, it's a hit with the kids.
>>
>> It was a great disappointment for me when I first had a taste of green bean casserole. It tasted like canned green beans and canned soup. In this case, the dish is not greater than the sum of it's parts. The arrival of green bean casserole to Hawaii probably signals the end of our island culture.

> It's possible to make it from scratch and achieve much tastier
> results. I still am not crazy about casseroles, so I've never
> tried.

My mother recruited me to make it one year for Thanksgiving dinner at
her house. I had not had it since I was a kid and tended to avoided it
after a visit to my great uncle's farm and helping him slop the pigs.
It turned out to me so much better than I expected.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, February 28, 2019 at 2:45:10 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2019-02-28 12:56 p.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > On Thursday, February 28, 2019 at 12:06:35 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:

> >> My guess is that young non-white people regard green bean casserole to be some kind of mythical, magical, white people food. It is one of the few foods that my son will cook. He makes a giant pan of the stuff for parties.. Evidently, it's a hit with the kids.
> >>
> >> It was a great disappointment for me when I first had a taste of green bean casserole. It tasted like canned green beans and canned soup. In this case, the dish is not greater than the sum of it's parts. The arrival of green bean casserole to Hawaii probably signals the end of our island culture.

> > It's possible to make it from scratch and achieve much tastier
> > results. I still am not crazy about casseroles, so I've never
> > tried.
> >

> My mother recruited me to make it one year for Thanksgiving dinner at
> her house. I had not had it since I was a kid and tended to avoided it
> after a visit to my great uncle's farm and helping him slop the pigs.
> It turned out to me so much better than I expected.

I can't stand the overcooked green beans.

When we make chickan divan, we serve it over broccoli, not with
the broccoli baked in.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton > wrote:
> On Thursday, February 28, 2019 at 11:34:26 AM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

>>> So she was excited to cook something for you.
>>> You then completely cut down her meal as the most disgusting....
>>> Time to find a new lady love, my friend.

>> Aww, Gary's defensive of Campbell's mushroom concoction.
>>
>> "Water, Mushrooms, Vegetable Oil (Corn, Cottonseed, Canola, And/or
>> Soybean), Modified Food Starch, Wheat Flour, Contains Less Than 2% of:
>> Salt, Cream (Milk), Whey, Soy Protein Concentrate, Monosodium
>> Glutamate, Yeast Extract, Flavoring, Garlic."
>>
>> Not so bad, except for the mysterious "Flavoring". Ground up toenails?

> The government regulates what is allowed to be called "flavoring".
> I seem to recall toenails are specifically disallowed.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

But theyre just gelatin!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton > wrote:
> On Thursday, February 28, 2019 at 12:06:35 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:

>>> So she was excited to cook something for you.
>>> You then completely cut down her meal as the most disgusting....
>>> Time to find a new lady love, my friend.

>> My guess is that young non-white people regard green bean casserole to
>> be some kind of mythical, magical, white people food. It is one of the
>> few foods that my son will cook. He makes a giant pan of the stuff for
>> parties. Evidently, it's a hit with the kids.
>>
>> It was a great disappointment for me when I first had a taste of green
>> bean casserole. It tasted like canned green beans and canned soup. In
>> this case, the dish is not greater than the sum of it's parts. The
>> arrival of green bean casserole to Hawaii probably signals the end of our island culture.

> It's possible to make it from scratch and achieve much tastier
> results. I still am not crazy about casseroles, so I've never
> tried.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Ive had both versions (I come from the land of hotdish). The scratch
version isnt all that much better.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 28 Feb 2019 12:13:10 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Thursday, February 28, 2019 at 2:45:10 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:

>> > It's possible to make it from scratch and achieve much tastier
>> > results. I still am not crazy about casseroles, so I've never
>> > tried.
>> >

>> My mother recruited me to make it one year for Thanksgiving dinner at
>> her house. I had not had it since I was a kid and tended to avoided it
>> after a visit to my great uncle's farm and helping him slop the pigs.
>> It turned out to me so much better than I expected.

>I can't stand the overcooked green beans.

Are you a fan of the squeak?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, February 28, 2019 at 3:24:37 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Feb 2019 12:13:10 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:

> >> My mother recruited me to make it one year for Thanksgiving dinner at
> >> her house. I had not had it since I was a kid and tended to avoided it
> >> after a visit to my great uncle's farm and helping him slop the pigs.
> >> It turned out to me so much better than I expected.

> >I can't stand the overcooked green beans.

> Are you a fan of the squeak?

I'm not opposed to the squeak, although I usually cook green beans
just past the squeak.

The classic casserole uses canned green beans, so it's well past the
squeak.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 28 Feb 2019 20:24:25 -0000 (UTC), Jinx the Minx
> wrote:

>Cindy Hamilton > wrote:

>>> Aww, Gary's defensive of Campbell's mushroom concoction.
>>>
>>> "Water, Mushrooms, Vegetable Oil (Corn, Cottonseed, Canola, And/or
>>> Soybean), Modified Food Starch, Wheat Flour, Contains Less Than 2% of:
>>> Salt, Cream (Milk), Whey, Soy Protein Concentrate, Monosodium
>>> Glutamate, Yeast Extract, Flavoring, Garlic."
>>>
>>> Not so bad, except for the mysterious "Flavoring". Ground up toenails?

>> The government regulates what is allowed to be called "flavoring".
>> I seem to recall toenails are specifically disallowed.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton
>>

>But they’re just gelatin!

Says who? According to this site:
<https://www.campbellsoup.ca/our-brands/dietary-alternatives/vegetarian/>

Campbell's Condensed Cream of Mushroom is vegetarian, so there can't
be any gelatin in it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 28 Feb 2019 12:41:32 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Thursday, February 28, 2019 at 3:24:37 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>> On Thu, 28 Feb 2019 12:13:10 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>> >I can't stand the overcooked green beans.

>> Are you a fan of the squeak?

>I'm not opposed to the squeak, although I usually cook green beans
>just past the squeak.
>
>The classic casserole uses canned green beans, so it's well past the
>squeak.

Yes, canned is the other extreme.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 28 Feb 2019 09:06:31 -0800 (PST), dsi1
> wrote:

>> > After we found all the necessary items I congratulated her and told her that she now has everything she needs to make one of the most disgusting traditional United Statesian foods!

>> So she was excited to cook something for you.
>> You then completely cut down her meal as the most disgusting....
>> Time to find a new lady love, my friend.

>My guess is that young non-white people regard green bean casserole to be some kind of mythical, magical, white people food. It is one of the few foods that my son will cook. He makes a giant pan of the stuff for parties. Evidently, it's a hit with the kids.
>
>It was a great disappointment for me when I first had a taste of green bean casserole. It tasted like canned green beans and canned soup. In this case, the dish is not greater than the sum of it's parts. The arrival of green bean casserole to Hawaii probably signals the end of our island culture.

I don't think the green bean casserole is as big a threat to Hawaiian
or any other culture as McDonalds. The French have been known to set
McDonalds franchises on fire for that reason.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> It's possible to make it from scratch and achieve much tastier
> results. I still am not crazy about casseroles, so I've never
> tried.

I like the Alton Brown recipe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzGzVhvLpzc

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 28 Feb 2019 23:57:41 -0800 (PST), Michael OConnor
> wrote:

>> It's possible to make it from scratch and achieve much tastier
>> results. I still am not crazy about casseroles, so I've never
>> tried.

>I like the Alton Brown recipe:
>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzGzVhvLpzc

That looks good, also with vegetable broth. I like nerdy Alton.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 27 Feb 2019 17:01:54 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe wrote:

> I took her to the local grocers on the way home from picking her
> up from her job*this evening! She told me she needed green beans,
> french fried onions and she said she has the Cream Of Mushroom
> soup at home!

I think we can all picture the scene: Grocery store goes dead
silent while everybody at the checkstands stops what they're doing
and small groups of people emerge at the ends of the aisles, to
stare with green envy as John, emitting this heavenly White light,
walks into the grocery store hand-in-hand with his Lady Love wearing
his "I'm Wealthy" T-shirt. And after a few long moments of silence,
John proudly declares, "We need green beans".

No, you can't picture that? That's what John is seeing. We're
probably just watching the general release version of the movie
while John's watching the Directors Cut. Poor Lady Love is probably
wondering how to turn on the damned subtitles.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 28 Feb 2019 09:20:38 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe wrote:

> No, she said she was making it for friends, I assume her Indian friends.

Now who's jealous?

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, March 1, 2019 at 7:11:02 AM UTC-6, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Feb 2019 09:20:38 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe wrote:
>
> > No, she said she was making it for friends, I assume her Indian friends.

> Now who's jealous?
>
> -sw

Not at all jealous! Everyone in THIS HOUSE has their own lives! And NONE OF US follow YOUR LACK OF CULTURE'S RULES!!

Because YOUR RULES/LAWS are RACIST AND EVIL!! :-( And I DO NOT SUBSCRIBE TO THEM!! I follow MY OWN RULES!! Always have! For I am an ANARCHIST!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/1/2019 8:12 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Feb 2019 09:20:38 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe wrote:
>
>> No, she said she was making it for friends, I assume her Indian friends.

> Now who's jealous?
>
> -sw

He was hoping Tonto was coming for dinner?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> >I like the Alton Brown recipe:
> >
> >https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzGzVhvLpzc

> That looks good, also with vegetable broth. I like nerdy Alton.

When I posted the recipe, I forgot to point out the problem I found with Alton's recipe is the onions. The first two times I made it I burned the onions both times, and gave up on trying to make the onions myself and went to the canned onion rings.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> Poor Lady Love is probably
> wondering how to turn on the damned subtitles.

I suspect that Lady Love is trying to figure out
how to safely exit from his wealthy world.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, March 1, 2019 at 10:31:41 AM UTC-6, Gary wrote:
> Sqwertz wrote:
> >
> > Poor Lady Love is probably
> > wondering how to turn on the damned subtitles.

> I suspect that Lady Love is trying to figure out
> how to safely exit from his wealthy world.

She IS graduating this Spring, yes! But I think she wants to stay in the U.S. so we shall see how it goes.

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 1 Mar 2019 10:16:45 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 3/1/2019 8:12 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Thu, 28 Feb 2019 09:20:38 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe wrote:
>>
>>> No, she said she was making it for friends, I assume her Indian friends.

>> Now who's jealous?
>>
>> -sw
>>

>He was hoping Tonto was coming for dinner?

I'd be waiting for Pocahontas.
https://disney.fandom.com/wiki/Pocahontas_(character)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, March 1, 2019 at 7:06:49 AM UTC-6, Sqwertz wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Feb 2019 17:01:54 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe wrote:
>
> > I took her to the local grocers on the way home from picking her
> > up from her jobÂ*this evening! She told me she needed green beans,
> > french fried onions and she said she has the Cream Of Mushroom
> > soup at home!

> I think we can all picture the scene: Grocery store goes dead
> silent while everybody at the checkstands stops what they're doing
> and small groups of people emerge at the ends of the aisles, to
> stare with green envy as John, emitting this heavenly White light,
> walks into the grocery store hand-in-hand with his Lady Love wearing
> his "I'm Wealthy" T-shirt. And after a few long moments of silence,
> John proudly declares, "We need green beans".
>
> No, you can't picture that? That's what John is seeing. We're
> probably just watching the general release version of the movie
> while John's watching the Directors Cut. Poor Lady Love is probably
> wondering how to turn on the damned subtitles.
>
> -sw

TOO funny!!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, March 1, 2019 at 12:55:16 PM UTC-6, John Kuthe wrote:

> On Friday, March 1, 2019 at 10:31:41 AM UTC-6, Gary wrote:
> >
> > I suspect that Lady Love is trying to figure out
> > how to safely exit from his wealthy world.

> She IS graduating this Spring, yes! But I think she wants to stay in the U.S. so we shall see how it goes.
>
> John Kuthe€¦

When she graduates this Spring and decides to leave the boarding house for a
place of her own.

https://i.postimg.cc/zXHPfmHq/Bandage.jpg