Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default please help identify this food

http://www.ftupet.com/upload/WTFood.jpg

> > >Soy bacon actually tastes like bacon but it is very crisp. If you don't
> > >like
> > >crisp bacon, you won't like it.

> > this was flaccid "bacon"

> This morning we had some "Spam bacon" and eggs with fried rice. The Spam was
> cut with a large vegetable peeler and fried crisp.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...UMmLvO2wwvgvOn
>
> ==
>
> Whoa D. would love that) I just showed him the pic and I foresee that
> for next Sunday's breakfast he will ask for that)

I think it's a better way to serve Spam.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, March 7, 2019 at 4:17:48 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
> >
> > This morning we had some "Spam bacon" and eggs with fried rice. The Spam was cut with a large vegetable peeler and fried crisp.
> >
> > https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...UMmLvO2wwvgvOn

> Your "Spam bacon" isn't anywhere near bacon. It's just
> thin-sliced and fried spam. To call it bacon is a crime against
> humanity, I tell you!
>
> Anyway, your plate looked good. How was that rice flavored?

It's made with pork and is smoked, like bacon, and the mouth feel is a lot like turkey bacon so I guess the proper name for it would be "Spam turkey bacon." I just find "thin-sliced and fried Spam" to be a little clumsy, it is however, pretty much the complete recipe.

The fried rice had garlic, shoyu, and Worcestershire sauce, in it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

writes:

http://www.ftupet.com/upload/WTFood.jpg

> > >Soy bacon actually tastes like bacon but it is very crisp. If you don't
> > >like
> > >crisp bacon, you won't like it.

> > this was flaccid "bacon"

> This morning we had some "Spam bacon" and eggs with fried rice. The Spam
> was
> cut with a large vegetable peeler and fried crisp.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...UMmLvO2wwvgvOn
>
> ==
>
> Whoa D. would love that) I just showed him the pic and I foresee that
> for next Sunday's breakfast he will ask for that)

I think it's a better way to serve Spam.

==

He loves spam in anything. He doesn't get it too often though ... ;p