Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Good quick bread!

I followed this recipe exactly except that I made two smaller loaves and
baked them for 20 minutes instead of 40 for one loaf. Excellent bread and
quick to make too!

https://www.kingarthurflour.com/reci...n-bread-recipe

Please not that while this is an Irish recipe and contains soda, it is not
Irish Soda bread. Still good though.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 19:11:24 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>I followed this recipe exactly except that I made two smaller loaves and
>baked them for 20 minutes instead of 40 for one loaf. Excellent bread and
>quick to make too!
>
>https://www.kingarthurflour.com/reci...n-bread-recipe
>
>Please not that while this is an Irish recipe and contains soda, it is not
>Irish Soda bread. Still good though.

I have found that a good bit of the king arthur recipes are like just
lacking the depth and substance of a good finished product. I am not
saying that all are just the recipes that I have made <the gluten free
ones> which may be because I used the suggested king arthur gluten
free flour which may be crap but I really have no idea because I no
longer use that brand.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 09:58:10 -0500, Gary > wrote:

wrote:

>> I have found that a good bit of the king arthur recipes are like just
>> lacking the depth and substance of a good finished product.

>Just talking about flour in general. So much talk about various
>kinds of white flour for different things.
>
>I've made delicious bread, cakes, pizza dough, pancakes, cookies
>all my adult life and I've always used just plain all-purpose
>flour...either made by Pillsbury or Gold Medal brands. Never a
>fail, never a complaint. So simple yet people here will laugh.
>IMO, the last laugh is on them for trying to fix that which was
>never broken. I'll get yelled at here for that and called stupid,
>ignorant, etc but hey....

>. So simple yet people here will laugh

Who the **** cares... Everyone on usenet (excluding me of course) is
an idiot. Tomorrow you will wake up and go on with your life as though
nothing ever happened. So if someone is stupid enough to laugh at
something that is not intended to have a humorous effect then tell
them they can kiss your ass..

As far as flour you know my opinion, if it contains wheat it is the
devils plaything and should be shunned, spat on, burned, buried, dug
up, reburied, dug up again, vac sealed and sank in the ocean in a
sealed and welded non rusting metal box....

Line taken from hitchhikers guide......

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 07:21:10 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Monday, February 25, 2019 at 9:58:13 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > I have found that a good bit of the king arthur recipes are like just
>> > lacking the depth and substance of a good finished product.

>> Just talking about flour in general. So much talk about various
>> kinds of white flour for different things.
>>
>> I've made delicious bread, cakes, pizza dough, pancakes, cookies
>> all my adult life and I've always used just plain all-purpose
>> flour...either made by Pillsbury or Gold Medal brands. Never a
>> fail, never a complaint. So simple yet people here will laugh.
>> IMO, the last laugh is on them for trying to fix that which was
>> never broken. I'll get yelled at here for that and called stupid,
>> ignorant, etc but hey....

>Sure. And you can use latex paint for everything. But you
>might get better results with a specialized formulation. It's
>all in how picky you are.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

Oh my my my look whose talking off topic and supposedly off charter
now???

Well being an amateur painter myself ANYONE that uses latex does not
fully understand what creating art truly is IMHO. I mean any self
respecting righteous man and/or woman that truly loves the art that
they create would use an oil based paint !!!!

Unless you are talking about painting a house or any other structure
that is located outside in a non climate controlled area.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 19:11:24 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>>I followed this recipe exactly except that I made two smaller loaves and
>>baked them for 20 minutes instead of 40 for one loaf. Excellent bread and
>>quick to make too!
>>
>>https://www.kingarthurflour.com/reci...n-bread-recipe
>>
>>Please not that while this is an Irish recipe and contains soda, it is not
>>Irish Soda bread. Still good though.

> I have found that a good bit of the king arthur recipes are like just
> lacking the depth and substance of a good finished product. I am not
> saying that all are just the recipes that I have made <the gluten free
> ones> which may be because I used the suggested king arthur gluten
> free flour which may be crap but I really have no idea because I no
> longer use that brand.

I've tried other KA recipes. All good. I don't think such as thing as good
GF flour exists. Only ever found two GF recipes that were good. Zucchini
bread and a bun made in the microwave in a Corelle bowl.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 18:35:54 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 19:11:24 -0800, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>I followed this recipe exactly except that I made two smaller loaves and
>>>baked them for 20 minutes instead of 40 for one loaf. Excellent bread and
>>>quick to make too!
>>>
>>>https://www.kingarthurflour.com/reci...n-bread-recipe
>>>
>>>Please not that while this is an Irish recipe and contains soda, it is not
>>>Irish Soda bread. Still good though.

>> I have found that a good bit of the king arthur recipes are like just
>> lacking the depth and substance of a good finished product. I am not
>> saying that all are just the recipes that I have made <the gluten free
>> ones> which may be because I used the suggested king arthur gluten
>> free flour which may be crap but I really have no idea because I no
>> longer use that brand.

>I've tried other KA recipes. All good. I don't think such as thing as good
>GF flour exists. Only ever found two GF recipes that were good. Zucchini
>bread and a bun made in the microwave in a Corelle bowl.

I agree about the GF recipes. They all seem well sort of mechanical or
ya know just strewn together to have a recipe that is gluten free. It
is all basically crap. I have been able to learn how to convert good
recipes into gluten free, with the help of an air fryer.... The air
fryer (I use a power air fryer) has made my cooking so simple and
fast. Granted there is a bit of precooking but I spend several hours
precooking potatoes and I can have any potato dish in under like 7
minutes every day for like 2 weeks. I am talking things like hash
browns, french fries, scalloped potatoes... things of that nature...
mashed potatoes is a different story.
I can also precook my fried chicken dishes such as nuggets, chicken
tacos...

That really helps my GF menus.

as far as baking and breads and such I use the GF corn tortillas.. I
don't really like cakes anymore. I occasionally make a pie where I get
a gluten free pie crust from Trader Joes and can make the hell out of
a pumpkin pie or an apple pie with a caramel (recipe already posted)
swirl. Although I use fresh pumpkin so it is seasonal...

And I appreciate you talking to me as though I am a regular person, it
means a lot.... (getting teary eyed now..)

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 21:33:58 -0600,
wrote:

>On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 18:35:54 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:
>

> wrote in message
>>
>>I've tried other KA recipes. All good. I don't think such as thing as good
>>GF flour exists. Only ever found two GF recipes that were good. Zucchini
>>bread and a bun made in the microwave in a Corelle bowl.

>I agree about the GF recipes. They all seem well sort of mechanical or
>ya know just strewn together to have a recipe that is gluten free. It
>is all basically crap. I have been able to learn how to convert good
>recipes into gluten free, with the help of an air fryer.... The air
>fryer (I use a power air fryer) has made my cooking so simple and
>fast. Granted there is a bit of precooking but I spend several hours
>precooking potatoes and I can have any potato dish in under like 7
>minutes every day for like 2 weeks. I am talking things like hash
>browns, french fries, scalloped potatoes... things of that nature...
>mashed potatoes is a different story.
>I can also precook my fried chicken dishes such as nuggets, chicken
>tacos...
>
>That really helps my GF menus.
>
>as far as baking and breads and such I use the GF corn tortillas.. I
>don't really like cakes anymore. I occasionally make a pie where I get
>a gluten free pie crust from Trader Joes and can make the hell out of
>a pumpkin pie or an apple pie with a caramel (recipe already posted)
>swirl. Although I use fresh pumpkin so it is seasonal...
>
>And I appreciate you talking to me as though I am a regular person, it
>means a lot.... (getting teary eyed now..)

If you want people to talk to you as if you were a regular person, it
might help if you acted like one. I mean, act more like me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 18:35:54 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:
>>

> wrote in message
>>>
>>>I've tried other KA recipes. All good. I don't think such as thing as good
>>>GF flour exists. Only ever found two GF recipes that were good. Zucchini
>>>bread and a bun made in the microwave in a Corelle bowl.

>>I agree about the GF recipes. They all seem well sort of mechanical or
>>ya know just strewn together to have a recipe that is gluten free. It
>>is all basically crap. I have been able to learn how to convert good
>>recipes into gluten free, with the help of an air fryer.... The air
>>fryer (I use a power air fryer) has made my cooking so simple and
>>fast. Granted there is a bit of precooking but I spend several hours
>>precooking potatoes and I can have any potato dish in under like 7
>>minutes every day for like 2 weeks. I am talking things like hash
>>browns, french fries, scalloped potatoes... things of that nature...
>>mashed potatoes is a different story.
>>I can also precook my fried chicken dishes such as nuggets, chicken
>>tacos...
>>
>>That really helps my GF menus.
>>
>>as far as baking and breads and such I use the GF corn tortillas.. I
>>don't really like cakes anymore. I occasionally make a pie where I get
>>a gluten free pie crust from Trader Joes and can make the hell out of
>>a pumpkin pie or an apple pie with a caramel (recipe already posted)
>>swirl. Although I use fresh pumpkin so it is seasonal...
>>
>>And I appreciate you talking to me as though I am a regular person, it
>>means a lot.... (getting teary eyed now..)

>If you want people to talk to you as if you were a regular person, it
>might help if you acted like one. I mean, act more like me.

Damn well bruce ole buddy are you saying you want me to act like a
good hearted christian???

Ya know kind on the outside but want to torture and rape people on the
inside?

I just cant do that

what I can do however is be true to myself and who I am, stand up for
my principals and share my knowledge with the world.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>>On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 18:35:54 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>>>I agree about the GF recipes. They all seem well sort of mechanical or
>>>ya know just strewn together to have a recipe that is gluten free. It
>>>is all basically crap. I have been able to learn how to convert good
>>>recipes into gluten free, with the help of an air fryer.... The air
>>>fryer (I use a power air fryer) has made my cooking so simple and
>>>fast. Granted there is a bit of precooking but I spend several hours
>>>precooking potatoes and I can have any potato dish in under like 7
>>>minutes every day for like 2 weeks. I am talking things like hash
>>>browns, french fries, scalloped potatoes... things of that nature...
>>>mashed potatoes is a different story.
>>>I can also precook my fried chicken dishes such as nuggets, chicken
>>>tacos...
>>>
>>>That really helps my GF menus.
>>>
>>>as far as baking and breads and such I use the GF corn tortillas.. I
>>>don't really like cakes anymore. I occasionally make a pie where I get
>>>a gluten free pie crust from Trader Joes and can make the hell out of
>>>a pumpkin pie or an apple pie with a caramel (recipe already posted)
>>>swirl. Although I use fresh pumpkin so it is seasonal...
>>>
>>>And I appreciate you talking to me as though I am a regular person, it
>>>means a lot.... (getting teary eyed now..)

>>If you want people to talk to you as if you were a regular person, it
>>might help if you acted like one. I mean, act more like me.

>Damn well bruce ole buddy are you saying you want me to act like a
>good hearted christian???

And where did I say that?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 18:35:54 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:
>

> wrote in message
>>
>>I've tried other KA recipes. All good. I don't think such as thing as good
>>GF flour exists. Only ever found two GF recipes that were good. Zucchini
>>bread and a bun made in the microwave in a Corelle bowl.

>I agree about the GF recipes. They all seem well sort of mechanical or
>ya know just strewn together to have a recipe that is gluten free. It
>is all basically crap. I have been able to learn how to convert good
>recipes into gluten free, with the help of an air fryer.... The air
>fryer (I use a power air fryer) has made my cooking so simple and
>fast. Granted there is a bit of precooking but I spend several hours
>precooking potatoes and I can have any potato dish in under like 7
>minutes every day for like 2 weeks. I am talking things like hash
>browns, french fries, scalloped potatoes... things of that nature...
>mashed potatoes is a different story.
>I can also precook my fried chicken dishes such as nuggets, chicken
>tacos...
>
>That really helps my GF menus.
>
>as far as baking and breads and such I use the GF corn tortillas.. I
>don't really like cakes anymore. I occasionally make a pie where I get
>a gluten free pie crust from Trader Joes and can make the hell out of
>a pumpkin pie or an apple pie with a caramel (recipe already posted)
>swirl. Although I use fresh pumpkin so it is seasonal...
>
>And I appreciate you talking to me as though I am a regular person, it
>means a lot.... (getting teary eyed now..)

If you want people to talk to you as if you were a regular person, it
might help if you acted like one. I mean, act more like me.

==

LOL boy oh boy, I think you might get some responses now)))

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 18:35:54 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:
>>

> wrote in message
>>>
>>>I've tried other KA recipes. All good. I don't think such as thing as good
>>>GF flour exists. Only ever found two GF recipes that were good. Zucchini
>>>bread and a bun made in the microwave in a Corelle bowl.

>>I agree about the GF recipes. They all seem well sort of mechanical or
>>ya know just strewn together to have a recipe that is gluten free. It
>>is all basically crap. I have been able to learn how to convert good
>>recipes into gluten free, with the help of an air fryer.... The air
>>fryer (I use a power air fryer) has made my cooking so simple and
>>fast. Granted there is a bit of precooking but I spend several hours
>>precooking potatoes and I can have any potato dish in under like 7
>>minutes every day for like 2 weeks. I am talking things like hash
>>browns, french fries, scalloped potatoes... things of that nature...
>>mashed potatoes is a different story.
>>I can also precook my fried chicken dishes such as nuggets, chicken
>>tacos...
>>
>>That really helps my GF menus.
>>
>>as far as baking and breads and such I use the GF corn tortillas.. I
>>don't really like cakes anymore. I occasionally make a pie where I get
>>a gluten free pie crust from Trader Joes and can make the hell out of
>>a pumpkin pie or an apple pie with a caramel (recipe already posted)
>>swirl. Although I use fresh pumpkin so it is seasonal...
>>
>>And I appreciate you talking to me as though I am a regular person, it
>>means a lot.... (getting teary eyed now..)

>If you want people to talk to you as if you were a regular person, it
>might help if you acted like one. I mean, act more like me.
>
>==
>
>LOL boy oh boy, I think you might get some responses now)))

LOL
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:

> If you want people to talk to you as if you were a regular person, it
> might help if you acted like one. I mean, act more like me.

;-o
Could someone here please mail me some Deet? Thanks in advance.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 26 Feb 2019 08:48:15 -0500, Gary > wrote:

wrote:
>> as far as baking and breads and such I use the GF corn tortillas.. I
>> don't really like cakes anymore. I occasionally make a pie where I get
>> a gluten free pie crust from Trader Joes and can make the hell out of
>> a pumpkin pie or an apple pie with a caramel (recipe already posted)
>> swirl. Although I use fresh pumpkin so it is seasonal...

>Ever tried a sweet potato pie? Fall crop locally but always
>available from somewhere year round. Tastes so much like pumpkin
>pie if you use the same recipe. Easier to prepare too as compared
>to a pumpkin.

no this one time in band camp I put together a pumpkin spice and put
it in an apple pie... it was pretty good but did not taste like
pumpkin though, it pretty much tasted ...well.. like an apple pie.

I eat but loads of sweet potatoes, well maybe not butt loads, but more
than the average bear. As I do with my russets I partially cook them
and then freeze them... Potatoes last a long time in the freezer.

I will surely have to try that though next time I go to TJ's and get a
gluten free pie crust.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 26 Feb 2019 08:48:35 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>Bruce wrote:
>>
>> If you want people to talk to you as if you were a regular person, it
>> might help if you acted like one. I mean, act more like me.

> ;-o
>Could someone here please mail me some Deet? Thanks in advance.

Which insect is bothering you?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 18:35:54 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

> wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 19:11:24 -0800, "Julie Bove"

>>> I have found that a good bit of the king arthur recipes are like just
>>> lacking the depth and substance of a good finished product. I am not
>>> saying that all are just the recipes that I have made <the gluten free
>>> ones> which may be because I used the suggested king arthur gluten
>>> free flour which may be crap but I really have no idea because I no
>>> longer use that brand.

>>I've tried other KA recipes. All good. I don't think such as thing as good
>>GF flour exists. Only ever found two GF recipes that were good. Zucchini
>>bread and a bun made in the microwave in a Corelle bowl.

> I agree about the GF recipes. They all seem well sort of mechanical or
> ya know just strewn together to have a recipe that is gluten free. It
> is all basically crap. I have been able to learn how to convert good
> recipes into gluten free, with the help of an air fryer.... The air
> fryer (I use a power air fryer) has made my cooking so simple and
> fast. Granted there is a bit of precooking but I spend several hours
> precooking potatoes and I can have any potato dish in under like 7
> minutes every day for like 2 weeks. I am talking things like hash
> browns, french fries, scalloped potatoes... things of that nature...
> mashed potatoes is a different story.
> I can also precook my fried chicken dishes such as nuggets, chicken
> tacos...

We don't eat a lot of potatoes. My gardener likes sweet potatoes. I don't. I
usually keep some instant because I'm the only one who reall likes mashed. I
never do any sort of fried stuff to begin with. I just don't care for it.

> That really helps my GF menus.
>
> as far as baking and breads and such I use the GF corn tortillas.. I
> don't really like cakes anymore. I occasionally make a pie where I get
> a gluten free pie crust from Trader Joes and can make the hell out of
> a pumpkin pie or an apple pie with a caramel (recipe already posted)
> swirl. Although I use fresh pumpkin so it is seasonal...

I never liked cake and can live without pie. I do go through a lot of
tortillas. I made bean and cheese enchiladas last night wih whole pinto
beans cooked from scratch. Topped with green pepper and white onion.

> And I appreciate you talking to me as though I am a regular person, it
> means a lot.... (getting teary eyed now..)

I try to talk to everyone that way.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 26 Feb 2019 18:06:57 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> wrote in message
.. .
>> On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 18:35:54 -0800, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

>>>I've tried other KA recipes. All good. I don't think such as thing as good
>>>GF flour exists. Only ever found two GF recipes that were good. Zucchini
>>>bread and a bun made in the microwave in a Corelle bowl.

>> I agree about the GF recipes. They all seem well sort of mechanical or
>> ya know just strewn together to have a recipe that is gluten free. It
>> is all basically crap. I have been able to learn how to convert good
>> recipes into gluten free, with the help of an air fryer.... The air
>> fryer (I use a power air fryer) has made my cooking so simple and
>> fast. Granted there is a bit of precooking but I spend several hours
>> precooking potatoes and I can have any potato dish in under like 7
>> minutes every day for like 2 weeks. I am talking things like hash
>> browns, french fries, scalloped potatoes... things of that nature...
>> mashed potatoes is a different story.
>> I can also precook my fried chicken dishes such as nuggets, chicken
>> tacos...

>We don't eat a lot of potatoes. My gardener likes sweet potatoes. I don't. I
>usually keep some instant because I'm the only one who reall likes mashed. I
>never do any sort of fried stuff to begin with. I just don't care for it.

Well it sounds to me that someone perhaps a doctor or something told
you at one time you need to cut back on the cholesterol. Because you
seem to avoid things with cholesterol.... The air fryer would be
perfect for you...

>> That really helps my GF menus.
>>
>> as far as baking and breads and such I use the GF corn tortillas.. I
>> don't really like cakes anymore. I occasionally make a pie where I get
>> a gluten free pie crust from Trader Joes and can make the hell out of
>> a pumpkin pie or an apple pie with a caramel (recipe already posted)
>> swirl. Although I use fresh pumpkin so it is seasonal...

>I never liked cake and can live without pie. I do go through a lot of
>tortillas. I made bean and cheese enchiladas last night wih whole pinto
>beans cooked from scratch. Topped with green pepper and white onion.
>>
>> And I appreciate you talking to me as though I am a regular person, it
>> means a lot.... (getting teary eyed now..)

>I try to talk to everyone that way.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message

> Well it sounds to me that someone perhaps a doctor or something told
> you at one time you need to cut back on the cholesterol. Because you
> seem to avoid things with cholesterol.... The air fryer would be
> perfect for you...

Nope. I know that the cholesterol in food doesn't affect my cholesterol. The
mainstays of my diet are beans, rice, fresh vegetables, cheese, olive oil,
olives and a little meat. Breakfast is usually cottage cheese and toast. No
need for an air fryer for any of those things!

I eat that way not because anyone told me to eat that way. Those are my
favorite foods!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 27 Feb 2019 04:28:58 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> wrote in message
.. .

>> Well it sounds to me that someone perhaps a doctor or something told
>> you at one time you need to cut back on the cholesterol. Because you
>> seem to avoid things with cholesterol.... The air fryer would be
>> perfect for you...

>Nope. I know that the cholesterol in food doesn't affect my cholesterol. The
>mainstays of my diet are beans, rice, fresh vegetables, cheese, olive oil,
>olives and a little meat. Breakfast is usually cottage cheese and toast. No
>need for an air fryer for any of those things!
>
>I eat that way not because anyone told me to eat that way. Those are my
>favorite foods!

Cottage cheese is packed full of cholesterol unless it is the soy
cottage cheese

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/25/2019 10:21 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Monday, February 25, 2019 at 9:58:13 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I have found that a good bit of the king arthur recipes are like just
>>> lacking the depth and substance of a good finished product.

>> Just talking about flour in general. So much talk about various
>> kinds of white flour for different things.
>>
>> I've made delicious bread, cakes, pizza dough, pancakes, cookies
>> all my adult life and I've always used just plain all-purpose
>> flour...either made by Pillsbury or Gold Medal brands. Never a
>> fail, never a complaint. So simple yet people here will laugh.
>> IMO, the last laugh is on them for trying to fix that which was
>> never broken. I'll get yelled at here for that and called stupid,
>> ignorant, etc but hey....

> Sure. And you can use latex paint for everything. But you
> might get better results with a specialized formulation. It's
> all in how picky you are.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

I get what he's saying, though. Both of my grandmother's baked bread
for their families. If not every day, at least several loaves a couple
of times a week. They nearly always used all-purpose flour. It was
what was available.

They understood about gluten development, the importance of rising,
punching down and rising again. The use of yeast or baking powder
and/or soda, depending on the bread.

I doubt Gary is going to turn into an avid bread baker. If he does
decide to do so, then he might care to investigate the different types
of flours. For both my grandmother's, my mother and me, all-purpose
flour has always worked.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Wed, 27 Feb 2019 04:28:58 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

> wrote in message
. ..

>>> Well it sounds to me that someone perhaps a doctor or something told
>>> you at one time you need to cut back on the cholesterol. Because you
>>> seem to avoid things with cholesterol.... The air fryer would be
>>> perfect for you...

>>Nope. I know that the cholesterol in food doesn't affect my cholesterol.
>>The
>>mainstays of my diet are beans, rice, fresh vegetables, cheese, olive oil,
>>olives and a little meat. Breakfast is usually cottage cheese and toast.
>>No
>>need for an air fryer for any of those things!
>>
>>I eat that way not because anyone told me to eat that way. Those are my
>>favorite foods!

> Cottage cheese is packed full of cholesterol unless it is the soy
> cottage cheese

So? Like I said... I don't avoid cholesterol. I do avoid soy unless it's
fermented. Thyroid problems.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

https://thedairydish.com/cottage-che...h-per-serving/

> That is posted only for the stats on cottage cheese. I eat 2%. I don't
> believe what they say about the cholesterol in diet.

I only eat the 4% non-low-fat cottage cheese. I have no need to watch my
cholesterol. I did notice, however, that those amounts listed on this
website were for 1 full cup, which is double a serving size.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-02-28 10:26 p.m., Jinx the Minx wrote:

>>> Don't bet much on that.

>> Jinxy we all have the interment! Look what I found!
>>
>> https://thedairydish.com/cottage-che...h-per-serving/
>>
>> That is posted only for the stats on cottage cheese. I eat 2%. I don't
>> believe what they say about the cholesterol in diet.
>>

> I only eat the 4% non-low-fat cottage cheese. I have no need to watch my
> cholesterol. I did notice, however, that those amounts listed on this
> website were for 1 full cup, which is double a serving size.

I checked a couple sites and they all indicate that a serving of cottage
cheese is one cup.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith > wrote:

>>> Jinxy we all have the interment! Look what I found!
>>>
>>> https://thedairydish.com/cottage-che...h-per-serving/
>>>
>>> That is posted only for the stats on cottage cheese. I eat 2%. I don't
>>> believe what they say about the cholesterol in diet.
>>>

>> I only eat the 4% non-low-fat cottage cheese. I have no need to watch my
>> cholesterol. I did notice, however, that those amounts listed on this
>> website were for 1 full cup, which is double a serving size.

> I checked a couple sites and they all indicate that a serving of cottage
> cheese is one cup.

Interesting. The cottage cheese in my refrigerator that I had for dinner
lists 1/2 cup as the serving size.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jinx the Minx" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove > wrote:

>>> Don't bet much on that.

>> Jinxy we all have the interment! Look what I found!

https://thedairydish.com/cottage-che...h-per-serving/

>> That is posted only for the stats on cottage cheese. I eat 2%. I don't
>> believe what they say about the cholesterol in diet.
>>

> I only eat the 4% non-low-fat cottage cheese. I have no need to watch my
> cholesterol. I did notice, however, that those amounts listed on this
> website were for 1 full cup, which is double a serving size.

I thought that sounded like a bit much!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jinx the Minx" > wrote in message
> Dave Smith > wrote:

>>> I only eat the 4% non-low-fat cottage cheese. I have no need to watch
>>> my
>>> cholesterol. I did notice, however, that those amounts listed on this
>>> website were for 1 full cup, which is double a serving size.

>> I checked a couple sites and they all indicate that a serving of cottage
>> cheese is one cup.
>>

> Interesting. The cottage cheese in my refrigerator that I had for dinner
> lists 1/2 cup as the serving size.

Mine does too.