Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Saturday, 2-23, dinner

Margaret Holmes "Hoppin John with a can of regular black-eyed peas added,
one cup of chopped onions, one can of Kroger brand mild Ro-Tel, 2 packages
of cubed ham, ½ cup of rice, and a cup and a half of chicken broth. Its simmering on the stove as I write. Also, a dab of garlic paste mixed in.

No salt added as I knew the black-eyed peas, Ro-Tel, and ham would have that
added. I will wait to see if it needs any when I get a bowl of it. This
makes enough for several meals and I still have leftover chicken pot pie so
this will be all the cooking I will do for a few days.

Debating on whether to make a small skillet of cornbread.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

wrote:

> Margaret Holmes "Hoppin John with a can of regular black-eyed peas added,
> one cup of chopped onions, one can of Kroger brand mild Ro-Tel, 2 packages
> of cubed ham, ½ cup of rice, and a cup and a half of chicken broth. Its simmering on the stove as I write. Also, a dab of garlic paste mixed in.
>
> No salt added as I knew the black-eyed peas, Ro-Tel, and ham would have that
> added. I will wait to see if it needs any when I get a bowl of it. This
> makes enough for several meals and I still have leftover chicken pot pie so
> this will be all the cooking I will do for a few days.
>
> Debating on whether to make a small skillet of cornbread.

Warm, cozy and perfect Saturday's eve supper...and DO make the cornbread...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message

Margaret Holmes "Hoppin John with a can of regular black-eyed peas added,
one cup of chopped onions, one can of Kroger brand mild Ro-Tel, 2 packages
of cubed ham, ½ cup of rice, and a cup and a half of chicken broth. Its
simmering on the stove as I write. Also, a dab of garlic paste mixed in.

No salt added as I knew the black-eyed peas, Ro-Tel, and ham would have that
added. I will wait to see if it needs any when I get a bowl of it. This
makes enough for several meals and I still have leftover chicken pot pie so
this will be all the cooking I will do for a few days.

Debating on whether to make a small skillet of cornbread.

---

I was going to make Pad Thai but will likely push that off till tomorrow.
Reason being, I made some baked pasta with meat sauce yesterday and there's
still enough for three. I will make a salad and some brown rice. Gardener
loves that brown rice for snacks!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 6:15:13 PM UTC-6, GM wrote:

> wrote:
>
> > Debating on whether to make a small skillet of cornbread.

> Warm, cozy and perfect Saturday's eve supper...and DO make the cornbread...
>
> Best
> Greg

Ok, you persuaded me. Cornbread is in the oven as I write.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

wrote:

> On Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 6:15:13 PM UTC-6, GM wrote:
> >
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Debating on whether to make a small skillet of cornbread.

> > Warm, cozy and perfect Saturday's eve supper...and DO make the cornbread...
> >
> > Best
> > Greg
> >

> Ok, you persuaded me. Cornbread is in the oven as I write.

Good goin'...!!!

;-)

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 7:26:11 PM UTC-6, GM wrote:

> wrote:

> > > Warm, cozy and perfect Saturday's eve supper...and DO make the cornbread...
> > >
> > > Best
> > > Greg
> > >

> > Ok, you persuaded me. Cornbread is in the oven as I write.

> Good goin'...!!!
>
> ;-)
>
> Best
> Greg

Now I'm as full as a tick at a blood bank. (burp)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/23/2019 8:26 PM, GM wrote:
> wrote:

>>> Warm, cozy and perfect Saturday's eve supper...and DO make the cornbread...
>>>
>>> Best
>>> Greg
>>>

>> Ok, you persuaded me. Cornbread is in the oven as I write.

> Good goin'...!!!
>
> ;-)

You are SUCH a ****ing BORE...more boring even than the mentally
unbalanced John Kuthe or the ever - whining J. Bovine.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 9:33:50 PM UTC-6, Sqwertz wrote:

> Nathan's large hot dogs with New York push cart onions and tater
> snots. Little Debbie peanut cluster(s?), and Kraken black rum.
>
> -sw

It all sounds pretty good, but not at one time.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 7:10:37 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> Margaret Holmes "Hoppin John with a can of regular black-eyed peas added,
> one cup of chopped onions, one can of Kroger brand mild Ro-Tel, 2 packages
> of cubed ham, ½ cup of rice, and a cup and a half of chicken broth. Its simmering on the stove as I write. Also, a dab of garlic paste mixed in.
>
> No salt added as I knew the black-eyed peas, Ro-Tel, and ham would have that
> added. I will wait to see if it needs any when I get a bowl of it. This
> makes enough for several meals and I still have leftover chicken pot pie so
> this will be all the cooking I will do for a few days.
>
> Debating on whether to make a small skillet of cornbread.

Yesterday was my birthday. My official special meal was nachos (for lunch)..
Dinner was a big salad with some leftover grilled chicken on it.
My husband hasn't been feeling well (norovirus, I think), so he had
scrambled eggs and toast for dinner.

The curse of the February birthday. About half the time we're sick or
just getting over something. About half the time the weather is too
nasty to make it worth going out.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> Margaret Holmes "Hoppin John with a can of regular black-eyed peas added,
> one cup of chopped onions, one can of Kroger brand mild Ro-Tel, 2 packages
> of cubed ham, ½ cup of rice, and a cup and a half of chicken broth. Its
> simmering on the stove as I write. Also, a dab of garlic paste mixed in.
>
> No salt added as I knew the black-eyed peas, Ro-Tel, and ham would have
> that
> added. I will wait to see if it needs any when I get a bowl of it. This
> makes enough for several meals and I still have leftover chicken pot pie
> so
> this will be all the cooking I will do for a few days.
>
> Debating on whether to make a small skillet of cornbread.

Yesterday was my birthday. My official special meal was nachos (for lunch).
Dinner was a big salad with some leftover grilled chicken on it.
My husband hasn't been feeling well (norovirus, I think), so he had
scrambled eggs and toast for dinner.

The curse of the February birthday. About half the time we're sick or
just getting over something. About half the time the weather is too
nasty to make it worth going out.

Cindy Hamilton

==

Many Happy Returns for yesterday I hope you had a good day? Here's
hoping you have a good year

All the Best ... O

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> Yesterday was my birthday. My official special meal was nachos (for lunch).

I hope you had a good one, Cindy.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :-D

> The curse of the February birthday. About half the time we're sick or
> just getting over something. About half the time the weather is too
> nasty to make it worth going out.

It's been raining here now for over 4 days and still nasty out.
Depressing. Not bad temps though...low of 40 and high in low 50's
for all 4 days.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 04:06:47 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 7:10:37 PM UTC-5, wrote:
>> Margaret Holmes ‘Hoppin John’ with a can of regular black-eyed peas added,
>> one cup of chopped onions, one can of Kroger brand mild Ro-Tel, 2 packages
>> of cubed ham, ½ cup of rice, and a cup and a half of chicken broth. It’s simmering on the stove as I write. Also, a dab of garlic paste mixed in.
>>
>> No salt added as I knew the black-eyed peas, Ro-Tel, and ham would have that
>> added. I will wait to see if it needs any when I get a bowl of it. This
>> makes enough for several meals and I still have leftover chicken pot pie so
>> this will be all the cooking I will do for a few days.
>>
>> Debating on whether to make a small skillet of cornbread.

>Yesterday was my birthday. My official special meal was nachos (for lunch).
>Dinner was a big salad with some leftover grilled chicken on it.
>My husband hasn't been feeling well (norovirus, I think), so he had
>scrambled eggs and toast for dinner.
>
>The curse of the February birthday. About half the time we're sick or
>just getting over something. About half the time the weather is too
>nasty to make it worth going out.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

Happy birthday. I'm a Feb birthday too. The real curse of an early
Feb. birthday is when you're a kid all your aunts say 'this is your
Christmas and birthday present.'
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/24/2019 11:50 AM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

>> The curse of the February birthday. About half the time we're sick or
>> just getting over something. About half the time the weather is too
>> nasty to make it worth going out.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton

> Happy birthday. I'm a Feb birthday too. The real curse of an early
> Feb. birthday is when you're a kid all your aunts say 'this is your
> Christmas and birthday present.'

We have a granddaughter Jan 1. We've been careful to avoid that.
She gets both a Christmas and birthday gift. Depending on
circumstances, it may have been the same day but we tried to avoid that
too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, February 24, 2019 at 9:50:30 AM UTC-5, Ophelia wrote:
> "Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message
>
> On Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 7:10:37 PM UTC-5,
> wrote:
> > Margaret Holmes "Hoppin John with a can of regular black-eyed peas added,
> > one cup of chopped onions, one can of Kroger brand mild Ro-Tel, 2 packages
> > of cubed ham, ½ cup of rice, and a cup and a half of chicken broth.. Its
> > simmering on the stove as I write. Also, a dab of garlic paste mixed in.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, February 24, 2019 at 10:41:45 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> >
> > Yesterday was my birthday. My official special meal was nachos (for lunch).

> I hope you had a good one, Cindy.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :-D

Thank you. I'm old enough to draw Social Security now, but I'm going
to wait for full retirement age.

> > The curse of the February birthday. About half the time we're sick or
> > just getting over something. About half the time the weather is too
> > nasty to make it worth going out.

> It's been raining here now for over 4 days and still nasty out.
> Depressing. Not bad temps though...low of 40 and high in low 50's
> for all 4 days.

Nice. We hit close to 50 this morning, but the temp has now dropped to
the low 30s. High winds with wicked gusts. We took advantage of the
warmth to open the windows for a couple of hours.

Cindy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, February 24, 2019 at 11:50:07 AM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> Happy birthday.

Thank you, and a happy belated birthday to you.

> I'm a Feb birthday too. The real curse of an early
> Feb. birthday is when you're a kid all your aunts say 'this is your
> Christmas and birthday present.'

My husband's birthday is one week before Christmas, and he's the last
of five boys. He's used to not being the center of attention on his
birthday (and college finals used to land on his birthday pretty
frequently).

Cindy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"U.S. Janet B." wrote in message

On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 04:06:47 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 7:10:37 PM UTC-5,
>wrote:
>> Margaret Holmes "Hoppin John with a can of regular black-eyed peas
>> added,
>> one cup of chopped onions, one can of Kroger brand mild Ro-Tel, 2
>> packages
>> of cubed ham, ½ cup of rice, and a cup and a half of chicken broth. Its
>> simmering on the stove as I write. Also, a dab of garlic paste mixed in.
>>
>> No salt added as I knew the black-eyed peas, Ro-Tel, and ham would have
>> that
>> added. I will wait to see if it needs any when I get a bowl of it. This
>> makes enough for several meals and I still have leftover chicken pot pie
>> so
>> this will be all the cooking I will do for a few days.
>>
>> Debating on whether to make a small skillet of cornbread.

>Yesterday was my birthday. My official special meal was nachos (for
>lunch).
>Dinner was a big salad with some leftover grilled chicken on it.
>My husband hasn't been feeling well (norovirus, I think), so he had
>scrambled eggs and toast for dinner.
>
>The curse of the February birthday. About half the time we're sick or
>just getting over something. About half the time the weather is too
>nasty to make it worth going out.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

Happy birthday. I'm a Feb birthday too. The real curse of an early
Feb. birthday is when you're a kid all your aunts say 'this is your
Christmas and birthday present.'

==

Huh my birthday is in November ... guess what ...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-02-24 12:18 p.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 2/24/2019 11:50 AM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

>> Happy birthday.Â* I'm a Feb birthday too.Â* The real curse of an early
>> Feb. birthday is when you're a kid all your aunts say 'this is your
>> Christmas and birthday present.'
>>

> We have a granddaughter Jan 1.Â* We've been careful to avoid that.
> She gets both a Christmas and birthday gift.Â* Depending on
> circumstances, it may have been the same day but we tried to avoid that
> too.

She is lucky. My wife and I always made sure to buy birthday and
Christmas presents for all out nieces and nephews and delivered them or
shipped them in time for the events. I wish that brothers and sisters
in law had done the same for my son. The year that none of his aunt or
uncles bothered to get him a birthday present I let it be known I was
not buying any more Christmas gifts for the kids. My mother suggested
that at the family Christmas we could do that $5 gift thing. One SiL
was upset with that because she had four kids while one brother and I
each had one kid and the other had two. Funny that I was okay for us to
have to spend close to $150 on Christmas presents for their 4 kids but
her having to spend $20 on the four $5 was seen by her as grossly unfair.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-02-24 12:39 p.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Sunday, February 24, 2019 at 10:41:45 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:

>> It's been raining here now for over 4 days and still nasty out.
>> Depressing. Not bad temps though...low of 40 and high in low 50's
>> for all 4 days.

> Nice. We hit close to 50 this morning, but the temp has now dropped to
> the low 30s. High winds with wicked gusts. We took advantage of the
> warmth to open the windows for a couple of hours.

Our wind storm arrived at noon, just like they had predicted. It is
extremely windy. A few minutes ago I looked out my front window in time
to see it raining twigs and a couple small branches came down. There
are some larger branches on the road in front of the house. I suppose
that motorist passing by expect me to go out and clean them up. They
are no more my responsibility than they are theirs, and I don't want to
be out there when it is raining branches. They could land on me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 19:08:15 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"U.S. Janet B." wrote in message
.. .

>On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 04:06:47 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:
>
>>On Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 7:10:37 PM UTC-5,
>>wrote:
>>> Margaret Holmes ‘Hoppin John’ with a can of regular black-eyed peas
>>> added,
>>> one cup of chopped onions, one can of Kroger brand mild Ro-Tel, 2
>>> packages
>>> of cubed ham, ½ cup of rice, and a cup and a half of chicken broth. It’s
>>> simmering on the stove as I write. Also, a dab of garlic paste mixed in.
>>>
>>> No salt added as I knew the black-eyed peas, Ro-Tel, and ham would have
>>> that
>>> added. I will wait to see if it needs any when I get a bowl of it. This
>>> makes enough for several meals and I still have leftover chicken pot pie
>>> so
>>> this will be all the cooking I will do for a few days.
>>>
>>> Debating on whether to make a small skillet of cornbread.

>>Yesterday was my birthday. My official special meal was nachos (for
>>lunch).
>>Dinner was a big salad with some leftover grilled chicken on it.
>>My husband hasn't been feeling well (norovirus, I think), so he had
>>scrambled eggs and toast for dinner.
>>
>>The curse of the February birthday. About half the time we're sick or
>>just getting over something. About half the time the weather is too
>>nasty to make it worth going out.
>>
>>Cindy Hamilton

>Happy birthday. I'm a Feb birthday too. The real curse of an early
>Feb. birthday is when you're a kid all your aunts say 'this is your
>Christmas and birthday present.'
>
>==
>
>Huh my birthday is in November ... guess what ...

no . . . they lumped your birthday with Christmas? There oughta be a
law against that.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:

> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> >
> > Yesterday was my birthday. My official special meal was nachos
> > (for lunch).

> I hope you had a good one, Cindy.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :-D
>
> > The curse of the February birthday. About half the time we're sick
> > or just getting over something. About half the time the weather is
> > too nasty to make it worth going out.

> It's been raining here now for over 4 days and still nasty out.
> Depressing. Not bad temps though...low of 40 and high in low 50's
> for all 4 days.

Yup. Sucky weather last 2 weeks actually.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 04:06:47 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
> > On Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 7:10:37 PM UTC-5,
> > wrote:
> >> Margaret Holmes ‘Hoppin John’ with a can of regular black-eyed

> peas added, >> one cup of chopped onions, one can of Kroger brand
> mild Ro-Tel, 2 packages >> of cubed ham, ½ cup of rice, and a cup and
> a half of chicken broth. It’s simmering on the stove as I write.
> Also, a dab of garlic paste mixed in. >> >> No salt added as I knew
> the black-eyed peas, Ro-Tel, and ham would have that >> added. I
> will wait to see if it needs any when I get a bowl of it. This >>
> makes enough for several meals and I still have leftover chicken pot
> pie so >> this will be all the cooking I will do for a few days. >>
> >> Debating on whether to make a small skillet of cornbread.

> > Yesterday was my birthday. My official special meal was nachos
> > (for lunch). Dinner was a big salad with some leftover grilled
> > chicken on it. My husband hasn't been feeling well (norovirus, I
> > think), so he had scrambled eggs and toast for dinner.
> >
> > The curse of the February birthday. About half the time we're sick
> > or just getting over something. About half the time the weather is
> > too nasty to make it worth going out.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton

> Happy birthday. I'm a Feb birthday too. The real curse of an early
> Feb. birthday is when you're a kid all your aunts say 'this is your
> Christmas and birthday present.'

My sister's birthday is 18Dec. We made a little family tradition to
'fix it'. My and my brother's Bdays and Mothers day always fall within
6 days. We picked the middle of them and called it Charlotte's day and
celebrated all our birthdays and mother's day then. (our daughter is
named for my sister hence the 2 Charlotte's).

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, February 24, 2019 at 6:06:50 AM UTC-6, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> Yesterday was my birthday.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, February 24, 2019 at 11:18:44 AM UTC-6, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> We have a granddaughter Jan 1. We've been careful to avoid that.
> She gets both a Christmas and birthday gift. Depending on
> circumstances, it may have been the same day but we tried to avoid that
> too.

I once had a b/f and his was a January 3 birthday. When Christmas rolled
around I'd always decide on which of his many Christmas presents I'd give
him to hold back for his birthday. I'd usually treat him to a dinner at
a restaurant of his choosing, too.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Gary > wrote:

> It's been raining here now for over 4 days and still nasty out.
> Depressing. Not bad temps though...low of 40 and high in low 50's
> for all 4 days.

Sounds like you could use some tourists ;-)

leo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Cindy Hamilton > wrote:

> Yesterday was my birthday.

Happy belated birthday!

leo

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"U.S. Janet B." wrote:

> I'm a Feb birthday too.

Happy one to you too Janet B. Hope is was a better than average
day.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

tert in seattle wrote:

> well I went on enough about the snowpocalypse here - then last Friday
> I was south of Olympia heading back toward Seattle on I-5 and it was
> raining pretty hard, then the rain turned to snow! the temperature never
> dipped below 33 and toward Tacoma the snow turned back to rain, but that
> was a flashback I did not need

Well, our last storm lasted over 4 days. Lots of constant rain
and humidity never below 90% and most days stayed 100% each hour.
Very gloom and doom and depressing.

As we rarely get snow here, I actually welcome it and even cheer
it on...the deeper the better. Only because it's the rare fun to
go out an play in and it's always gone within days.

So far this winter (first time since I moved here in 1973), not
even a single flake of snow in my area. Not likely to happen
either. Warm temps here in the next week's forecast.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> Yesterday was my birthday.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CINDY, & MANY MORE!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 11:20:07 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>"U.S. Janet B." wrote:
>>
>> I'm a Feb birthday too.

>Happy one to you too Janet B. Hope is was a better than average
>day.

thank you :-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy, happy birthday, late!

Soc.Sec.: ask your local rep to figure the best time for you to retire, when you will get the maximum
amount you could get. If the rep is like ours, they will bend over backwards to see to it that you
get the most available, without any penalty. Mine calculated age 72 1/2 for me, which is when I
retired. ;-))

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, February 25, 2019 at 6:20:37 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
> tert in seattle wrote:
> >
> > well I went on enough about the snowpocalypse here - then last Friday
> > I was south of Olympia heading back toward Seattle on I-5 and it was
> > raining pretty hard, then the rain turned to snow! the temperature never
> > dipped below 33 and toward Tacoma the snow turned back to rain, but that
> > was a flashback I did not need

> Well, our last storm lasted over 4 days. Lots of constant rain
> and humidity never below 90% and most days stayed 100% each hour.
> Very gloom and doom and depressing.
>
> As we rarely get snow here, I actually welcome it and even cheer
> it on...the deeper the better. Only because it's the rare fun to
> go out an play in and it's always gone within days.
>
> So far this winter (first time since I moved here in 1973), not
> even a single flake of snow in my area. Not likely to happen
> either. Warm temps here in the next week's forecast.

The rain on our side of the island has been troublesome. It has made the side of the mountain unstable. It's going to take months of work to make it somewhat safe again. Hopefully, it will cut off the tourist flow to Kailua.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gk-w0_xht8
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, February 25, 2019 at 1:14:11 PM UTC-5, Nancy2 wrote:
> Cindy, happy birthday, late!
>
> Soc.Sec.: ask your local rep to figure the best time for you to retire, when you will get the maximum
> amount you could get. If the rep is like ours, they will bend over backwards to see to it that you
> get the most available, without any penalty. Mine calculated age 72 1/2 for me, which is when I
> retired. ;-))
>
> N.

I can't retire until my husband is eligible for Medicare,
which will be when I'm nearly 68. I might defer taking SS
until 70, though, depending on how our savings are holding
up after his premature retirement.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/25/2019 3:20 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Monday, February 25, 2019 at 1:14:11 PM UTC-5, Nancy2 wrote:
>> Cindy, happy birthday, late!
>>
>> Soc.Sec.: ask your local rep to figure the best time for you to retire, when you will get the maximum
>> amount you could get. If the rep is like ours, they will bend over backwards to see to it that you
>> get the most available, without any penalty. Mine calculated age 72 1/2 for me, which is when I
>> retired. ;-))
>>
>> N.

> I can't retire until my husband is eligible for Medicare,
> which will be when I'm nearly 68. I might defer taking SS
> until 70, though, depending on how our savings are holding
> up after his premature retirement.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

There is no one "right" age that fits all. You get maximum payout at
about 70, but if you take out at 66 you break even at 80 something.

I started taking SS at 66 but worked with a cutback schedule to 71. If
I worked at a job with physical labor I would have checked out as soon
as I could. Truth is, I had it made at work. I liked what I did so it
did not feel like work at all and worked with people I liked.

Would be easier to plan if we knew when were were going to die.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-02-25 9:40 p.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 2/25/2019 3:20 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> On Monday, February 25, 2019 at 1:14:11 PM UTC-5, Nancy2 wrote:
>>> Cindy, happy birthday, late!
>>>
>>> Soc.Sec.:Â* ask your local rep to figure the best time for you to
>>> retire, when you will get the maximum
>>> amount you could get.Â* If the rep is like ours, they will bend over
>>> backwards to see to it that you
>>> get the most available, without any penalty.Â* Mine calculated age 72
>>> 1/2 for me, which is when I
>>> retired.Â* ;-))
>>>
>>> N.

>> I can't retire until my husband is eligible for Medicare,
>> which will be when I'm nearly 68.Â* I might defer taking SS
>> until 70, though, depending on how our savings are holding
>> up after his premature retirement.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton
>>

> There is no one "right" age that fits all.Â* You get maximum payout at
> about 70, but if you take out at 66 you break even at 80 something.
>
> I started taking SS at 66 but worked with a cutback schedule to 71.Â* If
> I worked at a job with physical labor I would have checked out as soon
> as I could.Â* Truth is, I had it made at work.Â* I liked what I did so it
> did not feel like work at all and worked with people I liked.
>
> Would be easier to plan if we knew when were were going to die.

Very shortly I'll turn 75 but I am still working occasionally if the
project interests me. I have been turning some work away, however.