Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Searching for air fryer cookbook

I have three of them. The latest purchased is even worse than the
previous two. But all have similar problems.

Latest has poor editing. Ingredients call for turkey, instructions talk
about ground beef. Just one recipe example. Shredded potatoes or other
vegetables? How? Food processor?

Annoying ingredients most recipes.

1/2 C or whatever of fresh herbs and greens of some sort. Who keeps such
on hand?

6 cauliflower florets. What do I do the rest of head?

1/2 turnip. Same problem.

Cooked lentils. Baked salmon. But doesn't say how.

Herbs and other such stuff I never heard of.

These are just a few typical examples. In 80% of recipes.

Maybe I can find a bachelor's air fryer cookbook. This seems to work for
other recipes. So far no luck.

Anyone know of one for a senile idiot like me?

TIA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 22 Feb 2019 17:03:42 GMT, KenK > wrote:

>I have three of them. The latest purchased is even worse than the
>previous two. But all have similar problems.
>
>Latest has poor editing. Ingredients call for turkey, instructions talk
>about ground beef. Just one recipe example. Shredded potatoes or other
>vegetables? How? Food processor?
>
>Annoying ingredients most recipes.
>
>1/2 C or whatever of fresh herbs and greens of some sort. Who keeps such
>on hand?
>
>6 cauliflower florets. What do I do the rest of head?
>
>1/2 turnip. Same problem.
>
>Cooked lentils. Baked salmon. But doesn't say how.
>
>Herbs and other such stuff I never heard of.
>
>These are just a few typical examples. In 80% of recipes.
>
>Maybe I can find a bachelor's air fryer cookbook. This seems to work for
>other recipes. So far no luck.
>
>Anyone know of one for a senile idiot like me?

http://www.cookingforengineers.com/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, February 22, 2019 at 12:03:46 PM UTC-5, KenK wrote:
> I have three of them. The latest purchased is even worse than the
> previous two. But all have similar problems.
>
> Latest has poor editing. Ingredients call for turkey, instructions talk
> about ground beef. Just one recipe example. Shredded potatoes or other
> vegetables? How? Food processor?
>
> Annoying ingredients most recipes.
>
> 1/2 C or whatever of fresh herbs and greens of some sort. Who keeps such
> on hand?

Me. I always have a bunch of parsley. What kind of greens?

> 6 cauliflower florets. What do I do the rest of head?

Whatever you'd usually do with cauliflower. Roast it. Pickle it.
Boil it to death and then throw it away.

> 1/2 turnip. Same problem.

I can't imagine that an extra half turnip (especially if it's small)
would make a different. Use the whole turnip.

> Cooked lentils. Baked salmon. But doesn't say how.

They assume that you know how to cook. Get a good general-purpose
cookbook like Betty Crocker.

> Herbs and other such stuff I never heard of.

It's not their fault that you have limited experience with food.

> These are just a few typical examples. In 80% of recipes.

Their audience isn't you. Their audience is someone who has
a modern attitude toward food.

> Maybe I can find a bachelor's air fryer cookbook. This seems to work for
> other recipes. So far no luck.
>
> Anyone know of one for a senile idiot like me?

The first thing would be to actually learn to cook. Then the air fryer
cookbook would make sense.

Sorry if I seem rude, but it's from a spirit of tough love.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 22 Feb 2019 17:03:42 GMT, KenK > wrote:

>I have three of them. The latest purchased is even worse than the
>previous two. But all have similar problems.
>
>Latest has poor editing. Ingredients call for turkey, instructions talk
>about ground beef. Just one recipe example. Shredded potatoes or other
>vegetables? How? Food processor?
>
>Annoying ingredients most recipes.
>
>1/2 C or whatever of fresh herbs and greens of some sort. Who keeps such
>on hand?
>
>6 cauliflower florets. What do I do the rest of head?
>
>1/2 turnip. Same problem.
>
>Cooked lentils. Baked salmon. But doesn't say how.
>
>Herbs and other such stuff I never heard of.
>
>These are just a few typical examples. In 80% of recipes.
>
>Maybe I can find a bachelor's air fryer cookbook. This seems to work for
>other recipes. So far no luck.
>
>Anyone know of one for a senile idiot like me?
>
>TIA

Did you use Google and query "air fryer recipes?" There are lots of
recipes available.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

KenK wrote:

> Maybe I can find a bachelor's air fryer cookbook. This seems to work for
> other recipes. So far no luck.
>
> Anyone know of one for a senile idiot like me?

Cooking for Dummies? heheh
Perhaps you should toss out the 3 air fryers
and go back to frying pan and oil?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 09:26:45 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Friday, February 22, 2019 at 12:03:46 PM UTC-5, KenK wrote:
>> I have three of them. The latest purchased is even worse than the
>> previous two. But all have similar problems.
>>
>> Latest has poor editing. Ingredients call for turkey, instructions talk
>> about ground beef. Just one recipe example. Shredded potatoes or other
>> vegetables? How? Food processor?
>>
>> Annoying ingredients most recipes.
>>
>> 1/2 C or whatever of fresh herbs and greens of some sort. Who keeps such
>> on hand?

>Me. I always have a bunch of parsley. What kind of greens?
>
>> 6 cauliflower florets. What do I do the rest of head?

>Whatever you'd usually do with cauliflower. Roast it. Pickle it.
>Boil it to death and then throw it away.
>
>> 1/2 turnip. Same problem.

>I can't imagine that an extra half turnip (especially if it's small)
>would make a different. Use the whole turnip.
>
>> Cooked lentils. Baked salmon. But doesn't say how.

>They assume that you know how to cook. Get a good general-purpose
>cookbook like Betty Crocker.

If they talk about different ingredients in the ingredient list than
in the instructions, then it's just a sloppy cookbook.

>> Herbs and other such stuff I never heard of.

>It's not their fault that you have limited experience with food.
>
>> These are just a few typical examples. In 80% of recipes.

>Their audience isn't you. Their audience is someone who has
>a modern attitude toward food.

Huh? What's a modern attitude towards food?

>> Maybe I can find a bachelor's air fryer cookbook. This seems to work for
>> other recipes. So far no luck.
>>
>> Anyone know of one for a senile idiot like me?

>The first thing would be to actually learn to cook. Then the air fryer
>cookbook would make sense.
>
>Sorry if I seem rude, but it's from a spirit of tough love.

I'll have to remember that one. It's a universal Get Out Of Jail card.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"KenK" wrote in message ...

I have three of them. The latest purchased is even worse than the
previous two. But all have similar problems.

Latest has poor editing. Ingredients call for turkey, instructions talk
about ground beef. Just one recipe example. Shredded potatoes or other
vegetables? How? Food processor?

Annoying ingredients most recipes.

1/2 C or whatever of fresh herbs and greens of some sort. Who keeps such
on hand?

6 cauliflower florets. What do I do the rest of head?

1/2 turnip. Same problem.

Cooked lentils. Baked salmon. But doesn't say how.

Herbs and other such stuff I never heard of.

These are just a few typical examples. In 80% of recipes.

Maybe I can find a bachelor's air fryer cookbook. This seems to work for
other recipes. So far no luck.

Anyone know of one for a senile idiot like me?

TIA

Search on "Air fryer recipes" or for a particular food "Air Fryer steak"
(for example)

You won't need a book)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:

> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> >Their audience isn't you. Their audience is someone who has
> >a modern attitude toward food.

> Huh? What's a modern attitude towards food?

Modern attitude towards food:
- Paranoid and overly obsessive about ingredient lists
often with no chemistry education.
In extreme cases, judging and belittling others that
don't agree with the afflicted.

<see also> vegans, born again Christians

:-D
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 18:10:04 -0000, Janet > wrote:

>In article >,
says...

>> I have three of them. The latest purchased is even worse than the
>> previous two. But all have similar problems.
>>
>> Latest has poor editing. Ingredients call for turkey, instructions talk
>> about ground beef. Just one recipe example. Shredded potatoes or other
>> vegetables? How? Food processor?

> use a knife or grater.
>>
>> Annoying ingredients most recipes.
>>
>> 1/2 C or whatever of fresh herbs and greens of some sort. Who keeps such
>> on hand?

> Me, and many cooks here; it's been discussed often enough you should
>know that.
>
>> 6 cauliflower florets. What do I do the rest of head?

> Freeze it. Or plan cauliflower recipe for later in the week.
>>
>> 1/2 turnip. Same problem.

> Make pasties.
>>
>> Cooked lentils. Baked salmon. But doesn't say how.

> Follow label instructions on lentil packet. Wrap seasoned fish in
>foil, place in oven. Google.
>>
>> Herbs and other such stuff I never heard of.

> We've often discussed herbs here. Maybe you should read more
>attentively.
>>
>> These are just a few typical examples. In 80% of recipes.

> Of course. Recipe books are for people who cook food.

Thanks, Mother Superior.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 13:24:02 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>Bruce wrote:
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> >Their audience isn't you. Their audience is someone who has
>> >a modern attitude toward food.

>> Huh? What's a modern attitude towards food?

>Modern attitude towards food:
>- Paranoid and overly obsessive about ingredient lists
> often with no chemistry education.
> In extreme cases, judging and belittling others that
> don't agree with the afflicted.

I don't think all the added chemicals are bad for you. Some will be,
though. But real food doesn't need lots of added chemicals. That's
all.

><see also> vegans, born again Christians

Vegans are good. Good for animals and good for the environment.
Vegetarians are next. Then pescatarians. At the very bottom are the
meat eaters. They're closest to Cro Magnon.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, February 22, 2019 at 1:00:30 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 09:26:45 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
> >On Friday, February 22, 2019 at 12:03:46 PM UTC-5, KenK wrote:
> >> I have three of them. The latest purchased is even worse than the
> >> previous two. But all have similar problems.
> >>
> >> Latest has poor editing. Ingredients call for turkey, instructions talk
> >> about ground beef. Just one recipe example. Shredded potatoes or other
> >> vegetables? How? Food processor?
> >>
> >> Annoying ingredients most recipes.
> >>
> >> 1/2 C or whatever of fresh herbs and greens of some sort. Who keeps such
> >> on hand?

> >Me. I always have a bunch of parsley. What kind of greens?
> >
> >> 6 cauliflower florets. What do I do the rest of head?

> >Whatever you'd usually do with cauliflower. Roast it. Pickle it.
> >Boil it to death and then throw it away.
> >
> >> 1/2 turnip. Same problem.

> >I can't imagine that an extra half turnip (especially if it's small)
> >would make a different. Use the whole turnip.
> >
> >> Cooked lentils. Baked salmon. But doesn't say how.

> >They assume that you know how to cook. Get a good general-purpose
> >cookbook like Betty Crocker.

> If they talk about different ingredients in the ingredient list than
> in the instructions, then it's just a sloppy cookbook.
>
> >> Herbs and other such stuff I never heard of.

> >It's not their fault that you have limited experience with food.
> >
> >> These are just a few typical examples. In 80% of recipes.

> >Their audience isn't you. Their audience is someone who has
> >a modern attitude toward food.

> Huh? What's a modern attitude towards food?

More than meat and potatoes.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 10:45:51 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Friday, February 22, 2019 at 1:00:30 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>> On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 09:26:45 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>> >Me. I always have a bunch of parsley. What kind of greens?

>> >Whatever you'd usually do with cauliflower. Roast it. Pickle it.
>> >Boil it to death and then throw it away.

>> >I can't imagine that an extra half turnip (especially if it's small)
>> >would make a different. Use the whole turnip.

>> >They assume that you know how to cook. Get a good general-purpose
>> >cookbook like Betty Crocker.

>> If they talk about different ingredients in the ingredient list than
>> in the instructions, then it's just a sloppy cookbook.

>> >It's not their fault that you have limited experience with food.

>> >Their audience isn't you. Their audience is someone who has
>> >a modern attitude toward food.

>> Huh? What's a modern attitude towards food?

>More than meat and potatoes.

Maybe he wants to make a quinoa tart with tofu fritters.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 22 Feb 2019 17:03:42 GMT, KenK > wrote:

>I have three of them. The latest purchased is even worse than the
>previous two. But all have similar problems.
>
>Latest has poor editing. Ingredients call for turkey, instructions talk
>about ground beef. Just one recipe example. Shredded potatoes or other
>vegetables? How? Food processor?
>
>Annoying ingredients most recipes.
>
>1/2 C or whatever of fresh herbs and greens of some sort. Who keeps such
>on hand?
>
>6 cauliflower florets. What do I do the rest of head?
>
>1/2 turnip. Same problem.
>
>Cooked lentils. Baked salmon. But doesn't say how.
>
>Herbs and other such stuff I never heard of.
>
>These are just a few typical examples. In 80% of recipes.
>
>Maybe I can find a bachelor's air fryer cookbook. This seems to work for
>other recipes. So far no luck.
>
>Anyone know of one for a senile idiot like me?
>
>TIA

Personally I use an airfryer about 90% of the time but I do not use a
recipe book. Airfryers are not all the same such as ovens and such.
Some can take an extra 7-10 minutes to cook a dish that took only 7
minutes in another airfryer.

So finding a accurate recipe would be difficult unless the recipes
came with the appliance. I can give you a recipe that you can use for
multiple dishes... You have to initially cook at least 3 times as much
as you can eat in one mean and freeze it all. You will be partially
cooking the food. It will not at all be edible until after the final
cook.

Get about 3 pounds of chicken breasts cut any excess fat that is not
wanted off of them. Rinse them well and then dry them well.
Place on a large cutting board and cut into strips about 1 inch wide
for the thicker pieces you may have to thin it by cutting it by its
width. When they are all the same width roughly them make sure they
are all the same length or there about...

This is an important step because different size pieces will cook at
different rates

If you have some pieces that just don't and cant match to the others
set them aside and cook them in a second batch.

Most people will put the chicken in a zip lock and just beat the hell
out of it and flatten it down to all the same width, but that will
leave you chicken dry and rather tough. This is why cutting the
chicken by its width is so important.... Now that was the prep work on
to the recipe

use whatever breading
use whatever flour you want
you want but you will need 1 egg and 1 egg white
about half a cup of heavy cream about a tbsp of paprika which you will
add to your flour

make sure your chicken is dry and dip it in the flour mixture then the
egg wash then the breading (I use crushed lentil cakes) and set aside
after you have breaded all of your chicken allow to sit on the side
for about 10 minutes to let the breading dry a bit.

coat your chicken in just a little bit of olive oil. I use a spray
bottle that I fill with olive oil...

put it in your airfryer and fry it at 390 degrees for 6 minutes
pull it out and shake it or move it around then put it back in the
airfryer at 330 degrees for 11 minutes... when it is done let it cool
then place in a container and freeze it.
I use a big plastic container that I got from dollar tree.
if you want to eat some right away just take out what you want and put
it in the air fryer @ 400 degrees for about 5 minutes... cook times
may vary according to what brand of fryer you have.

As far as the frozen chicken when you are ready to eat the frozen
stash you have, then place it in the airfryer @ 400 for anywhere from
6-12 minutes or maybe even longer

This chicken goes really well on salads, sandwiches, with ketchup,
with thousand island dressing (if you make it yourself which I do have
a wonderful recipe for just ask if you want it) There is a russian
dressing that is the best sauce ever for chicken, so popular in fact
it made one man really rich when he started a fast food chain based
solely on that sauce.
I have posted that recipe for the sauce 2 times now and I don't know
if anyone even read it
It is under the heading

"Hello I am new to this group, I have been a regular on usenet for
years but first time here"

now I can tell you some of the different dishes other than the ones I
have already listed that works well with this chicken...

Chicken and waffles is the best!!
hash browns with chicken
chicken strips/nuggets with the different sauces
chicken sandwiches (with mayo tomato and lettuce)
I already said chicken salad but that is one of my favorites
chicken and pasta with a cheese sauce (if you want the cheese sauce
recipe just ask)
chicken tacos (after you cook the chicken from the freezer slice it
into small chunks and put it in a hard or soft taco with lettuce,
tomato, and a salsa)
there are literally hundreds of dishes that can be used with this
chicken...

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 18:19:48 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"KenK" wrote in message ...
>
>I have three of them. The latest purchased is even worse than the
>previous two. But all have similar problems.
>
>Latest has poor editing. Ingredients call for turkey, instructions talk
>about ground beef. Just one recipe example. Shredded potatoes or other
>vegetables? How? Food processor?
>
>Annoying ingredients most recipes.
>
>1/2 C or whatever of fresh herbs and greens of some sort. Who keeps such
>on hand?

I grow my own dill, garlic, ginger, watercress, chives, garlic chives,
parsley(itallian flat leaf) and a few others that I don't remember I
always have that on hand.....

>6 cauliflower florets. What do I do the rest of head?

Run it through a blender, use it as a rice
allow it to run in a blender for awhile and make a creamy sauce

>1/2 turnip. Same problem.

Those things are just nasty

>Cooked lentils. Baked salmon. But doesn't say how.

I love those premade gluten free lentil cakes

>Herbs and other such stuff I never heard of.
>
>These are just a few typical examples. In 80% of recipes.
>
>Maybe I can find a bachelor's air fryer cookbook. This seems to work for
>other recipes. So far no luck.
>
>Anyone know of one for a senile idiot like me?
>
>TIA
>
>Search on "Air fryer recipes" or for a particular food "Air Fryer steak"
>(for example)
>
>You won't need a book)

It is possible to use regular recipes with an airfryer, you just have
to learn your machine and how it compares to your oven as far as
cooking times.... same goes for fried foods

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 06:29:59 +1100, Bruce >
wrote:

>On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 10:45:51 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:
>
>>On Friday, February 22, 2019 at 1:00:30 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>>> On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 09:26:45 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton

>>> If they talk about different ingredients in the ingredient list than
>>> in the instructions, then it's just a sloppy cookbook.

>>> Huh? What's a modern attitude towards food?

>>More than meat and potatoes.

>Maybe he wants to make a quinoa tart with tofu fritters.

yeah uhh no it really is not possible to make tofu in an airfryer

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 05:29:42 +1100, Bruce >
wrote:

>On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 13:24:02 -0500, Gary > wrote:
>
>>Bruce wrote:

>>> Huh? What's a modern attitude towards food?

>>Modern attitude towards food:
>>- Paranoid and overly obsessive about ingredient lists
>> often with no chemistry education.
>> In extreme cases, judging and belittling others that
>> don't agree with the afflicted.

>I don't think all the added chemicals are bad for you. Some will be,
>though. But real food doesn't need lots of added chemicals. That's
>all.
>
>><see also> vegans, born again Christians

If by vegan's you are relating then to christians because christians
are all idiots then you may be on to something. Vegan's can not eat at
restaurants, because they just don't know if there is milk in a
recipe...Then again those who are gluten free can not eat at
restaurants because restaurants are usually idiots and cross
contaminate every food in the place.

>Vegans are good. Good for animals and good for the environment.

Actually if everyone were vegan there would be a lot of wasted milk
there would be an over population of cows, sheep, lamb, and whatever
else meats are eaten.

>Vegetarians are next. Then pescatarians. At the very bottom are the
>meat eaters. They're closest to Cro Magnon.

considering Cro Magnon are actually the exact same as modern human
then what you are saying that we are all at the bottom? I eat meat and
it is good as hell. Humans evolved to eat meat. Just because we have
discovered tofu and found another way to get the protein that we need
does not mean we should stop eating meat. Your ancestors did it, their
ancestors did it, their ancestors did it. Humans are omnivores, that
is how we evolved. It does not make the human herbivores any better or
worse for that matter because there is TOFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And tofu tastes pretty much just like chicken.. well when you fry
them at least

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 09:26:45 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Friday, February 22, 2019 at 12:03:46 PM UTC-5, KenK wrote:
>> I have three of them. The latest purchased is even worse than the
>> previous two. But all have similar problems.
>>
>> Latest has poor editing. Ingredients call for turkey, instructions talk
>> about ground beef. Just one recipe example. Shredded potatoes or other
>> vegetables? How? Food processor?
>>
>> Annoying ingredients most recipes.
>>
>> 1/2 C or whatever of fresh herbs and greens of some sort. Who keeps such
>> on hand?

>Me. I always have a bunch of parsley. What kind of greens?
>
>> 6 cauliflower florets. What do I do the rest of head?

>Whatever you'd usually do with cauliflower. Roast it. Pickle it.
>Boil it to death and then throw it away.
>
>> 1/2 turnip. Same problem.

>I can't imagine that an extra half turnip (especially if it's small)
>would make a different. Use the whole turnip.
>
>> Cooked lentils. Baked salmon. But doesn't say how.

>They assume that you know how to cook. Get a good general-purpose
>cookbook like Betty Crocker.
>
>> Herbs and other such stuff I never heard of.

>It's not their fault that you have limited experience with food.
>
>> These are just a few typical examples. In 80% of recipes.

>Their audience isn't you. Their audience is someone who has
>a modern attitude toward food.
>
>> Maybe I can find a bachelor's air fryer cookbook. This seems to work for
>> other recipes. So far no luck.
>>
>> Anyone know of one for a senile idiot like me?

>The first thing would be to actually learn to cook. Then the air fryer
>cookbook would make sense.
>
>Sorry if I seem rude, but it's from a spirit of tough love.

so you are saying you love him?
well **** I am all in a tiff because I am just damn jealous now.
I even know how to cook with an airfryer and you don't love me... This
really freakin sucks.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 15:26:11 -0600,
wrote:

>On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 05:29:42 +1100, Bruce >
>wrote:
>
>>I don't think all the added chemicals are bad for you. Some will be,
>>though. But real food doesn't need lots of added chemicals. That's
>>all.
>>

>If by vegan's you are relating then to christians because christians
>are all idiots then you may be on to something. Vegan's can not eat at
>restaurants, because they just don't know if there is milk in a
>recipe...Then again those who are gluten free can not eat at
>restaurants because restaurants are usually idiots and cross
>contaminate every food in the place.

Are you related to Sheldon?

>>Vegans are good. Good for animals and good for the environment.

>Actually if everyone were vegan there would be a lot of wasted milk
>there would be an over population of cows, sheep, lamb, and whatever
>else meats are eaten.

You're having it backward. If we didn't eat meat, there wouldn't be
that many cows, sheep etc, waiting to be slaughtered.

>>Vegetarians are next. Then pescatarians. At the very bottom are the
>>meat eaters. They're closest to Cro Magnon.

>considering Cro Magnon are actually the exact same as modern human
>then what you are saying that we are all at the bottom? I eat meat and
>it is good as hell. Humans evolved to eat meat. Just because we have
>discovered tofu and found another way to get the protein that we need
>does not mean we should stop eating meat. Your ancestors did it, their
>ancestors did it, their ancestors did it. Humans are omnivores, that
>is how we evolved. It does not make the human herbivores any better or
>worse for that matter because there is TOFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>And tofu tastes pretty much just like chicken.. well when you fry
>them at least

Yes, we're omnivores. That means we CAN eat everything. It doesn't
mean we MUST eat everything. We can safely leave the barbarian habit
of slaughtering animals and eating them behind us and still be in good
health.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 15:12:25 -0600,
wrote:

>On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 06:29:59 +1100, Bruce >
>wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 10:45:51 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>>>More than meat and potatoes.

>>Maybe he wants to make a quinoa tart with tofu fritters.

>yeah uhh no it really is not possible to make tofu in an airfryer

We regularly fry tofu in the air fryer.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 05:29:42 +1100, Bruce >
>>wrote:
>>
>>>I don't think all the added chemicals are bad for you. Some will be,
>>>though. But real food doesn't need lots of added chemicals. That's
>>>all.
>>>

>>If by vegan's you are relating then to christians because christians
>>are all idiots then you may be on to something. Vegan's can not eat at
>>restaurants, because they just don't know if there is milk in a
>>recipe...Then again those who are gluten free can not eat at
>>restaurants because restaurants are usually idiots and cross
>>contaminate every food in the place.

>Are you related to Sheldon?
>
>>>Vegans are good. Good for animals and good for the environment.

>>Actually if everyone were vegan there would be a lot of wasted milk
>>there would be an over population of cows, sheep, lamb, and whatever
>>else meats are eaten.

>You're having it backward. If we didn't eat meat, there wouldn't be
>that many cows, sheep etc, waiting to be slaughtered.
>
>>>Vegetarians are next. Then pescatarians. At the very bottom are the
>>>meat eaters. They're closest to Cro Magnon.

>>considering Cro Magnon are actually the exact same as modern human
>>then what you are saying that we are all at the bottom? I eat meat and
>>it is good as hell. Humans evolved to eat meat. Just because we have
>>discovered tofu and found another way to get the protein that we need
>>does not mean we should stop eating meat. Your ancestors did it, their
>>ancestors did it, their ancestors did it. Humans are omnivores, that
>>is how we evolved. It does not make the human herbivores any better or
>>worse for that matter because there is TOFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>And tofu tastes pretty much just like chicken.. well when you fry
>>them at least

>Yes, we're omnivores. That means we CAN eat everything. It doesn't
>mean we MUST eat everything. We can safely leave the barbarian habit
>of slaughtering animals and eating them behind us and still be in good
>health.

actually better health... but then it would all be just as bad because
we would then move from slaughtering animals to slaughtering plants. I
guess then we would have to eat air and become airyvores because the
IDIOTS will always complain and bitch and moan about something or
other.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, February 22, 2019 at 11:34:59 AM UTC-6, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> On 22 Feb 2019 17:03:42 GMT, KenK > wrote:
>
> >Anyone know of one for a senile idiot like me?
> >
> >TIA

> Did you use Google and query "air fryer recipes?" There are lots of
> recipes available.

And YouTube as well for the recipes and any helpful tips.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>>If by vegan's you are relating then to christians because christians
>>>are all idiots then you may be on to something. Vegan's can not eat at
>>>restaurants, because they just don't know if there is milk in a
>>>recipe...Then again those who are gluten free can not eat at
>>>restaurants because restaurants are usually idiots and cross
>>>contaminate every food in the place.

>>Are you related to Sheldon?

>>>Actually if everyone were vegan there would be a lot of wasted milk
>>>there would be an over population of cows, sheep, lamb, and whatever
>>>else meats are eaten.

>>You're having it backward. If we didn't eat meat, there wouldn't be
>>that many cows, sheep etc, waiting to be slaughtered.

>>>considering Cro Magnon are actually the exact same as modern human
>>>then what you are saying that we are all at the bottom? I eat meat and
>>>it is good as hell. Humans evolved to eat meat. Just because we have
>>>discovered tofu and found another way to get the protein that we need
>>>does not mean we should stop eating meat. Your ancestors did it, their
>>>ancestors did it, their ancestors did it. Humans are omnivores, that
>>>is how we evolved. It does not make the human herbivores any better or
>>>worse for that matter because there is TOFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>>And tofu tastes pretty much just like chicken.. well when you fry
>>>them at least

>>Yes, we're omnivores. That means we CAN eat everything. It doesn't
>>mean we MUST eat everything. We can safely leave the barbarian habit
>>of slaughtering animals and eating them behind us and still be in good
>>health.

>actually better health... but then it would all be just as bad because
>we would then move from slaughtering animals to slaughtering plants. I
>guess then we would have to eat air and become airyvores because the
>IDIOTS will always complain and bitch and moan about something or
>other.

Somewhere halfway that paragraph you stopped making sense.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 13:59:45 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>On Friday, February 22, 2019 at 11:34:59 AM UTC-6, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>>
>> On 22 Feb 2019 17:03:42 GMT, KenK > wrote:
>>
>> >Anyone know of one for a senile idiot like me?
>> >
>> >TIA

>> Did you use Google and query "air fryer recipes?" There are lots of
>> recipes available.
>>

>And YouTube as well for the recipes and any helpful tips.

There's not much need for cookbooks anymore, basically.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, February 22, 2019 at 4:13:47 PM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 13:59:45 -0800 (PST), "
> > wrote:
>
> >And YouTube as well for the recipes and any helpful tips.

> There's not much need for cookbooks anymore, basically.

Ken is still rather new to cooking so a cookbook, or an internet recipe, or
internet cooking site would probably be most useful to him. I will say the
cookbook that came with my Ninja has been quite helpful. Unless you have
always been a pressure cooker user you'd never know that frozen rock hard
chicken wings will be completely done under 6 minutes of pressure. Naked
but done.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 14:28:22 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>On Friday, February 22, 2019 at 4:13:47 PM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 13:59:45 -0800 (PST), "
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >And YouTube as well for the recipes and any helpful tips.

>> There's not much need for cookbooks anymore, basically.
>>

>Ken is still rather new to cooking so a cookbook, or an internet recipe, or
>internet cooking site would probably be most useful to him. I will say the
>cookbook that came with my Ninja has been quite helpful. Unless you have
>always been a pressure cooker user you'd never know that frozen rock hard
>chicken wings will be completely done under 6 minutes of pressure. Naked
>but done.

If you like to cook naked: to each their own.

But I meant that with the internet, cookbooks aren't so important
anymore.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> Vegan's can not eat at
> restaurants, because they just don't know if there is milk in a
> recipe...Then again those who are gluten free can not eat at
> restaurants because restaurants are usually idiots and cross
> contaminate every food in the place.

I see. You're Sheldon's "backwards world" twin.

Vegans can eat in restaurants. They just have to find ones that take
veganism seriously. Here are a few in the town where I live:

<https://vegnews.com/2017/9/a-vegan-guide-to-ann-arbor>

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 06:29:59 +1100, Bruce >
>>wrote:

>>>Maybe he wants to make a quinoa tart with tofu fritters.

>>yeah uhh no it really is not possible to make tofu in an airfryer

>We regularly fry tofu in the air fryer.

Oh yes I have done that also.... I mean making tofu as I said.... I
would not EVER EVER buy that chemically laced crapfu that they sell in
stores...

Tell me do you spice or bread your tofu before air frying? If so
please give details....

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 14:28:22 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>On Friday, February 22, 2019 at 4:13:47 PM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 13:59:45 -0800 (PST), "
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >And YouTube as well for the recipes and any helpful tips.

>> There's not much need for cookbooks anymore, basically.
>>

>Ken is still rather new to cooking so a cookbook, or an internet recipe, or
>internet cooking site would probably be most useful to him. I will say the
>cookbook that came with my Ninja has been quite helpful. Unless you have
>always been a pressure cooker user you'd never know that frozen rock hard
>chicken wings will be completely done under 6 minutes of pressure. Naked
>but done.

Fully cooked chicken wings in under 6 minutes , NAKED??????????????? I
am calling the police, a naked chicken wing is an affront to
everything that the gods made....

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 14:51:04 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Friday, February 22, 2019 at 4:26:17 PM UTC-5, wrote:
>
>> Vegan's can not eat at
>> restaurants, because they just don't know if there is milk in a
>> recipe...Then again those who are gluten free can not eat at
>> restaurants because restaurants are usually idiots and cross
>> contaminate every food in the place.

>I see. You're Sheldon's "backwards world" twin.
>
>Vegans can eat in restaurants. They just have to find ones that take
>veganism seriously. Here are a few in the town where I live:
>
><https://vegnews.com/2017/9/a-vegan-guide-to-ann-arbor>
>
>Cindy Hamilton

Ok the problem that I have with that is that you have to trust the
morons behind the counter are not screwing up or cross contaminating
the food... Being gluten intolerant trust me when I say there are A
LOT of idiots behind those doors that have no idea at all what cross
contamination means, much less know what foods have what in it, much
less will know what gluten even is or what vegan means

And BTW sheldon would give his left nut to be me....

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 14:51:04 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:
>>
>>>I see. You're Sheldon's "backwards world" twin.
>>>
>>>Vegans can eat in restaurants. They just have to find ones that take
>>>veganism seriously. Here are a few in the town where I live:
>>>
>>><https://vegnews.com/2017/9/a-vegan-guide-to-ann-arbor>
>>>
>>>Cindy Hamilton

>>Ok the problem that I have with that is that you have to trust the
>>morons behind the counter are not screwing up or cross contaminating
>>the food... Being gluten intolerant trust me when I say there are A
>>LOT of idiots behind those doors that have no idea at all what cross
>>contamination means, much less know what foods have what in it, much
>>less will know what gluten even is or what vegan means

>Maybe you should go to better restaurants. You know, with chefs and
>stuff.

very few chefs know what gluten intolerance is, very few doctors
actually know...

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>>We regularly fry tofu in the air fryer.

>>Oh yes I have done that also.... I mean making tofu as I said.... I
>>would not EVER EVER buy that chemically laced crapfu that they sell in
>>stores...

>Oh, real tofu making, yes. I've done that once many years ago. I
>forgot all about it. Something about nigiri and/or Epsom salt? Two
>ways to do it?

say what say what????

you cant really eat Epson salt..... First of all, the magnesium
sulfate in it can have a laxative effect. Consuming it may result in
diarrhea, bloating, or upset stomach

as far as I know tofu is easy to make although it does have many
steps....

Going from memory.. it has been awhile since I made any...
Blend the soybeans with a lot of water , boil for a long time, strain
and separate the solids, add in something to separate like lemon juice
to separate the milk, stir wait wait wait wait for the solids to
separate in the milk, strain through a cheese cloth and compress the
solids into a block or whatever shape that you want ( I usually use a
burger press that I got from dollar tree for 1 dollar) and that is
it...now before you separate the milk into its parts you can reserve
some so that you can have some soy milk for your coffee in the
morning...

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 14:28:22 -0800 (PST), "
> > wrote:
>
> >Unless you have
> >always been a pressure cooker user you'd never know that frozen rock hard
> >chicken wings will be completely done under 6 minutes of pressure. Naked
> >but done.

> Fully cooked chicken wings in under 6 minutes , NAKED??????????????? I
> am calling the police, a naked chicken wing is an affront to
> everything that the gods made....

'Fraid so. But once they come out of the pressure cooker then the spice of
your choice is added and then crisped using the air crisp function. I gotta
admit looking at those wings when the pressure has been released is a pretty
sorry sight.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

eOn Fri, 22 Feb 2019 16:28:13 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>On Friday, February 22, 2019 at 4:54:06 PM UTC-6, wrote:
>> On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 14:28:22 -0800 (PST), "
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >Unless you have
>> >always been a pressure cooker user you'd never know that frozen rock hard
>> >chicken wings will be completely done under 6 minutes of pressure. Naked
>> >but done.

>> Fully cooked chicken wings in under 6 minutes , NAKED??????????????? I
>> am calling the police, a naked chicken wing is an affront to
>> everything that the gods made....
>>

>'Fraid so. But once they come out of the pressure cooker then the spice of
>your choice is added and then crisped using the air crisp function. I gotta
>admit looking at those wings when the pressure has been released is a pretty
>sorry sight.

And here's the method with Epsom salt:
<https://www.1millionwomen.com.au/blog/how-make-tofu/>
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, February 22, 2019 at 7:21:35 PM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:
> eOn Fri, 22 Feb 2019 16:28:13 -0800 (PST), "
> > wrote:
>
> >On Friday, February 22, 2019 at 4:54:06 PM UTC-6, wrote:

> >> On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 14:28:22 -0800 (PST), "

> >> Fully cooked chicken wings in under 6 minutes , NAKED??????????????? I
> >> am calling the police, a naked chicken wing is an affront to
> >> everything that the gods made....
> >>

> >'Fraid so. But once they come out of the pressure cooker then the spice of
> >your choice is added and then crisped using the air crisp function. I gotta
> >admit looking at those wings when the pressure has been released is a pretty
> >sorry sight.

> And here's the method with Epsom salt:
> <https://www.1millionwomen.com.au/blog/how-make-tofu/>

Why do you think I'd be interested in that shit?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 18:18:02 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>On Friday, February 22, 2019 at 7:21:35 PM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:
>> eOn Fri, 22 Feb 2019 16:28:13 -0800 (PST), "
>> > wrote:

>> >'Fraid so. But once they come out of the pressure cooker then the spice of
>> >your choice is added and then crisped using the air crisp function. I gotta
>> >admit looking at those wings when the pressure has been released is a pretty
>> >sorry sight.

>> And here's the method with Epsom salt:
>> <https://www.1millionwomen.com.au/blog/how-make-tofu/>
>>

>Why do you think I'd be interested in that shit?

Sorry, rude bitch, I replied to the wrong post.

Searching for Ume Tea gtr Asian Cooking 3 22-07-2014 12:30 PM
Searching: Ume Tea gtr General Cooking 5 12-03-2014 04:34 AM
Cookbook Suggestion: was (2009-03-08) NS-RFC: The RFC Cookbook on-line Boron Elgar General Cooking 0 09-03-2009 02:52 PM
Searching for Roasted Red Pepper Soup recipe from Inn at Little Washington Cookbook Kate B General Cooking 7 29-10-2006 04:15 PM
Been searching... PENMART01 General Cooking 4 16-10-2004 12:13 AM