Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Fake milk is real news, as synthetic alternatives threaten traditional dairy farms

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/bus...-farms-n973236
or
http://tinyurl.com/yycksn94
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, February 19, 2019 at 6:34:09 PM UTC-10, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> https://www.nbcnews.com/business/bus...-farms-n973236
> or
> http://tinyurl.com/yycksn94

Sounds like a great idea. I don't like real milk.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 19 Feb 2019 21:34:01 -0700, U.S. Janet B. >
wrote:

>https://www.nbcnews.com/business/bus...-farms-n973236
>or
>http://tinyurl.com/yycksn94

Interesting - not sure that 'animal free' milk is confusing though, it
clearly can't be 'real' milk!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, February 19, 2019 at 11:34:09 PM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> https://www.nbcnews.com/business/bus...-farms-n973236
> or
> http://tinyurl.com/yycksn94

For the teeming billions with lactose intolerance or some other medical
condition that precludes drinking real milk, nondairy substitutes are
a fine thing. I'll stick with real cow's milk.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Whole milk helps prevent type 2 diabetes.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/19/2019 9:34 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> http://tinyurl.com/yycksn94

I love that they call it the "perfect storm" and "more about the
money....". No doubt. Almost as much as the dairy farmers crying foul
on this product, while THEIR product is further eroded.

The Dairy Council has speciously pushed milk fer decades. It has the
highest mark-up of any food. I don't drink any of it, using it only fer
baking, ice cream, and cheese. Let us not forget that dairy farmers
adopted rBGH in a heartbeat in order to make more $$$$!

Like most foods in the sprmkt aren't bogus? No problem. I'm used to
reading labels.

You gotta "cow" in this fight, Janet, or are you merely gonna post
links?

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/20/2019 2:02 AM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 19, 2019 at 6:34:09 PM UTC-10, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>> https://www.nbcnews.com/business/bus...-farms-n973236
>> or
>> http://tinyurl.com/yycksn94

> Sounds like a great idea. I don't like real milk.

I don't like face either. For the few things I do use milk for though,
I'll stick with the real deal from a cow.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> U.S. Janet B. wrote:

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/bus...-farms-n973236
> >or
> >http://tinyurl.com/yycksn94

> Interesting - not sure that 'animal free' milk is confusing though, it
> clearly can't be 'real' milk!

Bruce-boy should show up soon to call it a science project. Then
call anyone that tries it children, rednecks, americans only,
etc. He's very good with insults to anyone that doesn't do or
eat like he does. He's in training to become the next Sheldon
here. He knows everything. The world is wrong and he's right. He
just needs to learn how to cook a pizza then we'll have Popeye-2.
Long live Popeye-1 here.

PS - Hi Bruce. I did troll you recently and you bit. Funny.
I could claim in the future to killfile you, then talk about you
through other's posts, and get you again by you changing names to
respond.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:

> Like most foods in the sprmkt aren't bogus? No problem. I'm used to
> reading labels.

Don't read labels, notbob! You'll put Bruce (and now also Edwin)
out of business.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> For the few things I do use milk for though,
> I'll stick with the real deal from a cow.

Same here, Ed. These days I buy real whole milk.
Only a quart at a time now and even that can go
bad with my very occasional use.

Bought a new quart last week and immediately poured
two pints out and froze them separately. Once the
milk left goes bad (if it does) I have back-ups in
the freezer.

That actually lets me know of time to buy more.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 20 Feb 2019 03:04:00 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, February 19, 2019 at 11:34:09 PM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>> https://www.nbcnews.com/business/bus...-farms-n973236
>> or
>> http://tinyurl.com/yycksn94

>For the teeming billions with lactose intolerance or some other medical
>condition that precludes drinking real milk, nondairy substitutes are
>a fine thing. I'll stick with real cow's milk.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

I don't drink milk as a beverage like from a glass, but I use milk for
cooking and to mix with other ingredients like dry cereal, so I much
prefer evap. I love hard frozen vanilla ice cream drizzled with evap,
forms a very tasty crust. I always think of evap as mom's milk as
that what she used in coffee.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 20 Feb 2019 12:11:07 -0500, Gary > wrote:

wrote:

>> U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>> >https://www.nbcnews.com/business/bus...-farms-n973236
>> >or
>> >http://tinyurl.com/yycksn94

>> Interesting - not sure that 'animal free' milk is confusing though, it
>> clearly can't be 'real' milk!

>Bruce-boy should show up soon to call it a science project. Then
>call anyone that tries it children, rednecks, americans only,
>etc. He's very good with insults to anyone that doesn't do or
>eat like he does. He's in training to become the next Sheldon
>here. He knows everything. The world is wrong and he's right. He
>just needs to learn how to cook a pizza then we'll have Popeye-2.
>Long live Popeye-1 here.
>
>PS - Hi Bruce. I did troll you recently and you bit. Funny.
>I could claim in the future to killfile you, then talk about you
>through other's posts, and get you again by you changing names to
>respond.

You have great plans for the future. I can just tell.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, February 20, 2019 at 2:00:42 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Feb 2019 03:04:00 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
> >On Tuesday, February 19, 2019 at 11:34:09 PM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> >> https://www.nbcnews.com/business/bus...-farms-n973236
> >> or
> >> http://tinyurl.com/yycksn94

> >For the teeming billions with lactose intolerance or some other medical
> >condition that precludes drinking real milk, nondairy substitutes are
> >a fine thing. I'll stick with real cow's milk.
> >
> >Cindy Hamilton

> I don't drink milk as a beverage like from a glass, but I use milk for
> cooking and to mix with other ingredients like dry cereal, so I much
> prefer evap. I love hard frozen vanilla ice cream drizzled with evap,
> forms a very tasty crust. I always think of evap as mom's milk as
> that what she used in coffee.

Evap tastes cooked to me. I don't even like UHT pasteurized.

I buy 2-3 gallons of fresh milk per week, for drinking, putting
in our coffee, and on my husband's cereal. I very, very rarely cook
with milk.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 20 Feb 2019 14:00:38 -0500, wrote:

>On Wed, 20 Feb 2019 03:04:00 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:
>
>>On Tuesday, February 19, 2019 at 11:34:09 PM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/bus...-farms-n973236
>>> or
>>> http://tinyurl.com/yycksn94

>>For the teeming billions with lactose intolerance or some other medical
>>condition that precludes drinking real milk, nondairy substitutes are
>>a fine thing. I'll stick with real cow's milk.
>>
>>Cindy Hamilton

>I don't drink milk as a beverage like from a glass, but I use milk for
>cooking and to mix with other ingredients like dry cereal, so I much
>prefer evap. I love hard frozen vanilla ice cream drizzled with evap,
>forms a very tasty crust. I always think of evap as mom's milk as
>that what she used in coffee.

I always thought you'd just hump a cow udder when you wanted milk.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 20 Feb 2019 11:09:51 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, February 20, 2019 at 2:00:42 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
>> On Wed, 20 Feb 2019 03:04:00 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>> >For the teeming billions with lactose intolerance or some other medical
>> >condition that precludes drinking real milk, nondairy substitutes are
>> >a fine thing. I'll stick with real cow's milk.
>> >
>> >Cindy Hamilton

>> I don't drink milk as a beverage like from a glass, but I use milk for
>> cooking and to mix with other ingredients like dry cereal, so I much
>> prefer evap. I love hard frozen vanilla ice cream drizzled with evap,
>> forms a very tasty crust. I always think of evap as mom's milk as
>> that what she used in coffee.

>Evap tastes cooked to me. I don't even like UHT pasteurized.

And then imagine a "crust" of it. *(sh)udder*

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-02-20 2:09 p.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>> I don't drink milk as a beverage like from a glass, but I use milk for
>> cooking and to mix with other ingredients like dry cereal, so I much
>> prefer evap. I love hard frozen vanilla ice cream drizzled with evap,
>> forms a very tasty crust. I always think of evap as mom's milk as
>> that what she used in coffee.

> Evap tastes cooked to me. I don't even like UHT pasteurized.
>
> I buy 2-3 gallons of fresh milk per week, for drinking, putting
> in our coffee, and on my husband's cereal. I very, very rarely cook
> with milk.

A two litre (qt) carton lasts me at least two weeks. I get lactose free
milk these days and I only use it on cereal and my morning latte. When
we get close to the two week point after opening the carton I find
something to cook that involves milk so I can use it up before it goes bad.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> I buy 2-3 gallons of fresh milk per week, for drinking, putting
> in our coffee, and on my husband's cereal. I very, very rarely cook
> with milk.

Wow! That's a LOT of milk per week for just the two of you. You
are probably the exception rather than the typical rule. Not
being critical here at all. Just amazed.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 20 Feb 2019 14:37:38 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>
>> I buy 2-3 gallons of fresh milk per week, for drinking, putting
>> in our coffee, and on my husband's cereal. I very, very rarely cook
>> with milk.

>Wow! That's a LOT of milk per week for just the two of you. You
>are probably the exception rather than the typical rule. Not
>being critical here at all. Just amazed.

Now I want to know what a gallon is. Ok, 2.5 gallons is 9.5 litres.
Two adults drink 9.5 litres of milk per week? Don't they start making
mooing sounds by the time it's Friday?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Feb 2019 03:04:00 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
>> On Tuesday, February 19, 2019 at 11:34:09 PM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/bus...-farms-n973236
>>> or
>>> http://tinyurl.com/yycksn94

>> For the teeming billions with lactose intolerance or some other medical
>> condition that precludes drinking real milk, nondairy substitutes are
>> a fine thing. I'll stick with real cow's milk.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton

> I don't drink milk as a beverage like from a glass, but I use milk for
> cooking and to mix with other ingredients like dry cereal, so I much
> prefer evap. I love hard frozen vanilla ice cream drizzled with evap,
> forms a very tasty crust. I always think of evap as mom's milk as
> that what she used in coffee.

Yoose not have enuf crystal palace yet?

Yoose didn't launch into a long tirade about titties and human milk!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, February 20, 2019 at 9:33:49 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:

> A two litre (qt) carton lasts me at least two weeks. I get lactose free
> milk these days and I only use it on cereal and my morning latte. When
> we get close to the two week point after opening the carton I find
> something to cook that involves milk so I can use it up before it goes bad.

I used to keep a 2-quart carton of ultra-pasteurized milk in the refrigerator at work. That darn thing would last 2 months. It was amazing. I used it on dry breakfast cereal in the mornings. You can eat pretty cheaply that way. Sometimes I'd have a package of instant oatmeal heated up in the microwave. That would be breakfast for around 50 cents. I loved doing that because I'd save tons of money and time. Those were the good old days.

BUY DATABASE REGISTERED REAL AND FAKE PASSPORT, DL, ID, SSC,DIPLOMATS AND OTHER DOCUMENTS Valeri Nan General Cooking 0 14-01-2015 11:33 AM
Milk alternatives z z General Cooking 11 23-01-2012 09:20 PM
TN: Burg, Bdx, Mosel, Kremstal (and spotting fake corks, real or not) DaleW Wine 0 06-04-2009 03:40 AM
Menghai cake - real or fake? Gyorgy Sajo Tea 18 18-09-2005 02:28 PM
USDA and small dairy farms :( Sue D. General Cooking 7 12-06-2005 01:19 AM