Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Pea Soup again

On Wed, 20 Feb 2019 12:06:31 -0700, U.S. Janet B. >
wrote:

>On Wed, 20 Feb 2019 09:58:51 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:
>
>>On Wednesday, February 20, 2019 at 12:36:22 PM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>>> On Wed, 20 Feb 2019 03:01:59 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton

>>> snip

>>> don't forget, he's told us that he irons her bras.

>>Really? That's a lot more heat than a dryer.
>>
>>I can't recall the last time I ironed anything. If it has
>>to be ironed, I get rid of it.
>>
>>Cindy Hamlton

>I know I have an ironing board tucked in a corner where I can't reach
>it. Should get rid of it. Not sure about where the iron might be

I can do better than that. I have a brand spanking new $80 iron, never
used, still in its box. It is about 7 years old.

JB

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
says...

> On Wed, 20 Feb 2019 12:06:31 -0700, U.S. Janet B. >
> wrote:
>
> >On Wed, 20 Feb 2019 09:58:51 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:

> >>Really? That's a lot more heat than a dryer.
> >>
> >>I can't recall the last time I ironed anything. If it has
> >>to be ironed, I get rid of it.
> >>
> >>Cindy Hamlton

> >I know I have an ironing board tucked in a corner where I can't reach
> >it. Should get rid of it. Not sure about where the iron might be

> I can do better than that. I have a brand spanking new $80 iron, never
> used, still in its box. It is about 7 years old.
>
> JB

One of my children was causing some concern at nursery so was sent for
a developmental assessment. In it he was shown picture cards and asked
to name the object or say what they were used for. Afterwards the
ed.psych said to me " he just doesn't recognise or know the names of
some everyday objects, like iron, and ironing board".

Janet UK
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 16:59:45 -0000, Janet > wrote:

>In article >,
says...

>> On Wed, 20 Feb 2019 12:06:31 -0700, U.S. Janet B. >
>> wrote:
>>
>> >I know I have an ironing board tucked in a corner where I can't reach
>> >it. Should get rid of it. Not sure about where the iron might be

>> I can do better than that. I have a brand spanking new $80 iron, never
>> used, still in its box. It is about 7 years old.
>>
>> JB

> One of my children was causing some concern at nursery so was sent for
>a developmental assessment. In it he was shown picture cards and asked
>to name the object or say what they were used for. Afterwards the
>ed.psych said to me " he just doesn't recognise or know the names of
>some everyday objects, like iron, and ironing board".

Did you send him to a special school?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 16:59:45 -0000, Janet > wrote:

snip

> One of my children was causing some concern at nursery so was sent for
>a developmental assessment. In it he was shown picture cards and asked
>to name the object or say what they were used for. Afterwards the
>ed.psych said to me " he just doesn't recognise or know the names of
>some everyday objects, like iron, and ironing board".
>
> Janet UK

whoever designed that test (what century) was stupid.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:

> Janet wrote:
> > One of my children was causing some concern at nursery so was sent for
> >a developmental assessment. In it he was shown picture cards and asked
> >to name the object or say what they were used for. Afterwards the
> >ed.psych said to me " he just doesn't recognise or know the names of
> >some everyday objects, like iron, and ironing board".

> Did you send him to a special school?

What would Ophy say?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 12:36:50 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>Bruce wrote:
>>
>> Janet wrote:
>> > One of my children was causing some concern at nursery so was sent for
>> >a developmental assessment. In it he was shown picture cards and asked
>> >to name the object or say what they were used for. Afterwards the
>> >ed.psych said to me " he just doesn't recognise or know the names of
>> >some everyday objects, like iron, and ironing board".

>> Did you send him to a special school?

>What would Ophy say?

I don't know. What do you mean?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 10:17:50 -0700, U.S. Janet B. >
wrote:

>On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 16:59:45 -0000, Janet > wrote:
>
>snip
>>
>> One of my children was causing some concern at nursery so was sent for
>>a developmental assessment. In it he was shown picture cards and asked
>>to name the object or say what they were used for. Afterwards the
>>ed.psych said to me " he just doesn't recognise or know the names of
>>some everyday objects, like iron, and ironing board".
>>
>> Janet UK

>whoever designed that test (what century) was stupid.

Have to agree that the ed.psych is an imbecile, nowadays more than
half the households have no iron or ironing board and are rarely seen
on tv, a prechooler would no more know what they are or are used for
then a preschooler would know where babies come from. Today most
clothing and bedding doesn't need ironing. We have a steam iron and
ironing board but they're rarely used, occasionally my wife irons a
blouse that she'll wear for school. I have some linen shirts and tea
towels that I'll iron. I also use mending tape that requires ironing,
I use it to hem slacks that are too long... works great and saves hand
sewing. In warm weather I like to wear a Guayabera in linen, they
require ironing... they are considered formalwear, much more
comfortable than a suit jacket.
https://guayaberascubanas.com/
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=guayabera...b_sb_ss_i_2_16

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/21/2019 10:23 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Thursday, February 21, 2019 at 10:04:46 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
>> Dave Smith wrote:
>>>
>>> I am not big on cold or creamy soups either. Curiously, I like
>>> Vichysoisse, which is cold and creamy. Go figger.

>> I've made vichysoisse twice (using the NYT recipe). It's supposed
>> to be pureed and chilled. Not me. I keep it chunky and serve it
>> hot. Very good.

> Not vichysoisse, then, but potato-leek soup. Nothing wrong with
> hot potato-leek soup.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

I love potato-leek soup! Hot, of course.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> On 2/21/2019 10:23 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> > > I've made vichysoisse twice (using the NYT recipe). It's supposed
> > > to be pureed and chilled. Not me. I keep it chunky and serve it
> > > hot. Very good.

> > Not vichysoisse, then, but potato-leek soup. Nothing wrong with
> > hot potato-leek soup.
> > Cindy Hamilton
> >

> I love potato-leek soup! Hot, of course.
>
> Jill

I found a canned version we like! I've made it for years but it's a
bit of a pain to do.

Campbells Homestyle Light Baked Potato. 2 servings per can at 100
calories (daughter just hit goal for the Navy BTW but still carefully
sourcing stuff to help her meet her goal).

Ok, home fresh made is still better, but I was suprised that this was
actually good.