Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Reposting Chicken Wing Recipe Again in Honor of Cheri

I posted this, Leo replied, I replied to him and then my newsreader
burped and my post with the recipe vanished.

Here's the baked chicken wings recipe Cheri posted on January 29th:

I'm going to make a recipe which was one of the last things she posted.
It was in a thread which morphed into being about chicken wings. She
posted this on January 29th:

"Laurie's Parmesan Chicken Wings

1 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
2 tbsp. chopped parsley (or 1 tbsp. dried parsley flakes)
2 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter
1 pound chicken wings, disjointed and tips removed

Preheat oven to 350º. In a big ziplock bag, combine parmesan cheese and
spices, and shake to mix. Pour melted butter into a shallow bowl. Dip
wings (a few at a time) into the butter, then put into the bag and shake
to coat. Place the chicken on a lined baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes.

Believe me, you want to line the baking sheet or spend a long time
cleaning it up, I sometimes use a disposable pan from the Dollar Store.

Cheri"

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 15 Feb 2019 21:15:40 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

> I posted this, Leo replied, I replied to him and then my newsreader
> burped and my post with the recipe vanished.
>
> Here's the baked chicken wings recipe Cheri posted on January 29th:
>
> I'm going to make a recipe which was one of the last things she posted.
> It was in a thread which morphed into being about chicken wings. She
> posted this on January 29th:
>
> "Laurie's Parmesan Chicken Wings
>
> 1 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
> 2 tbsp. chopped parsley (or 1 tbsp. dried parsley flakes)
> 2 tsp. paprika
> 1 tsp. dried oregano
> 1/2 tsp. dried basil
> 1/4 tsp. salt
> 1/4 tsp. pepper
> 1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter
> 1 pound chicken wings, disjointed and tips removed
>
> Preheat oven to 350º. In a big ziplock bag, combine parmesan cheese and
> spices, and shake to mix. Pour melted butter into a shallow bowl. Dip
> wings (a few at a time) into the butter, then put into the bag and shake
> to coat. Place the chicken on a lined baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes.

All the seasoning and cheese is going to slide right off the chicken
within the first few minutes (with the help of the butter) and weld
itself to the baking sheet. BTDT.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/15/2019 10:23 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Feb 2019 21:15:40 -0500, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> I posted this, Leo replied, I replied to him and then my newsreader
>> burped and my post with the recipe vanished.
>>
>> Here's the baked chicken wings recipe Cheri posted on January 29th:
>>
>> I'm going to make a recipe which was one of the last things she posted.
>> It was in a thread which morphed into being about chicken wings. She
>> posted this on January 29th:
>>
>> "Laurie's Parmesan Chicken Wings
>>
>> 1 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
>> 2 tbsp. chopped parsley (or 1 tbsp. dried parsley flakes)
>> 2 tsp. paprika
>> 1 tsp. dried oregano
>> 1/2 tsp. dried basil
>> 1/4 tsp. salt
>> 1/4 tsp. pepper
>> 1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter
>> 1 pound chicken wings, disjointed and tips removed
>>
>> Preheat oven to 350º. In a big ziplock bag, combine parmesan cheese and
>> spices, and shake to mix. Pour melted butter into a shallow bowl. Dip
>> wings (a few at a time) into the butter, then put into the bag and shake
>> to coat. Place the chicken on a lined baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes.

> All the seasoning and cheese is going to slide right off the chicken
> within the first few minutes (with the help of the butter) and weld
> itself to the baking sheet. BTDT.
>
> -sw

Which is why Cheri added "Believe me, you want to line the baking sheet
or spend a long time cleaning it up, I sometimes use a disposable pan
from the Dollar Store."

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, February 16, 2019 at 6:57:16 AM UTC-6, Jill McQuown wrote:
> On 2/15/2019 10:23 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> > On Fri, 15 Feb 2019 21:15:40 -0500, jmcquown wrote:
> >
> >> I posted this, Leo replied, I replied to him and then my newsreader
> >> burped and my post with the recipe vanished.
> >>
> >> Here's the baked chicken wings recipe Cheri posted on January 29th:
> >>
> >> I'm going to make a recipe which was one of the last things she posted..
> >> It was in a thread which morphed into being about chicken wings. She
> >> posted this on January 29th:
> >>
> >> "Laurie's Parmesan Chicken Wings
> >>
> >> 1 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
> >> 2 tbsp. chopped parsley (or 1 tbsp. dried parsley flakes)
> >> 2 tsp. paprika
> >> 1 tsp. dried oregano
> >> 1/2 tsp. dried basil
> >> 1/4 tsp. salt
> >> 1/4 tsp. pepper
> >> 1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter
> >> 1 pound chicken wings, disjointed and tips removed
> >>
> >> Preheat oven to 350º. In a big ziplock bag, combine parmesan cheese and
> >> spices, and shake to mix. Pour melted butter into a shallow bowl. Dip
> >> wings (a few at a time) into the butter, then put into the bag and shake
> >> to coat. Place the chicken on a lined baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes.

> > All the seasoning and cheese is going to slide right off the chicken
> > within the first few minutes (with the help of the butter) and weld
> > itself to the baking sheet. BTDT.
> >
> > -sw
> >

> Which is why Cheri added "Believe me, you want to line the baking sheet
> or spend a long time cleaning it up, I sometimes use a disposable pan
> from the Dollar Store."
>
> Jill

I was thinking (dangerous I know!), a high sided covered but NOT airtight foil pan would be ideal to bake this at first, then for crisping take the well cooked drummies out of the foil pan and lay them flat and broil as brown and crisp as you wish! YUM!!!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> On 2/15/2019 10:23 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> > On Fri, 15 Feb 2019 21:15:40 -0500, jmcquown wrote:
> >
> >> I posted this, Leo replied, I replied to him and then my newsreader
> >> burped and my post with the recipe vanished.
> >>
> >> Here's the baked chicken wings recipe Cheri posted on January 29th:
> >>
> >> I'm going to make a recipe which was one of the last things she posted.
> >> It was in a thread which morphed into being about chicken wings. She
> >> posted this on January 29th:
> >>
> >> "Laurie's Parmesan Chicken Wings
> >>
> >> 1 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
> >> 2 tbsp. chopped parsley (or 1 tbsp. dried parsley flakes)
> >> 2 tsp. paprika
> >> 1 tsp. dried oregano
> >> 1/2 tsp. dried basil
> >> 1/4 tsp. salt
> >> 1/4 tsp. pepper
> >> 1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter
> >> 1 pound chicken wings, disjointed and tips removed
> >>
> >> Preheat oven to 350º. In a big ziplock bag, combine parmesan cheese and
> >> spices, and shake to mix. Pour melted butter into a shallow bowl. Dip
> >> wings (a few at a time) into the butter, then put into the bag and shake
> >> to coat. Place the chicken on a lined baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes.

> > All the seasoning and cheese is going to slide right off the chicken
> > within the first few minutes (with the help of the butter) and weld
> > itself to the baking sheet. BTDT.
> >
> > -sw
> >

> Which is why Cheri added "Believe me, you want to line the baking sheet
> or spend a long time cleaning it up, I sometimes use a disposable pan
> from the Dollar Store."

And actually shame on Cheri for not recognizing what a fail this
recipe is. Steve is correct. You don't butter meat then season
then cook. You'll end up with unseasoned meat except for the
melted crap in the bottom of the dish.

As this is an alternative to the tradition wings...The seasoning
is fine but the method is ass-backwards.

True chicken wings (Buffalo wings), you cook the chicken plain
either in oil or oven. Once it's done, you coat it with a mix of
melted butter and hot sauce.

Same should apply to the recipe above. Just cook the chicken
plain until done. Meanwhile combine melted butter and all the
seasoning while the chicken is cooking. Keep it warm/hot and all
flavors will blend nicely.

Once the chicken is done, coat all pieces generously with the
mixed ingredients. This way, you get the full flavor.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 Feb 2019 07:57:09 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

> On 2/15/2019 10:23 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Fri, 15 Feb 2019 21:15:40 -0500, jmcquown wrote:
>>
>>> I posted this, Leo replied, I replied to him and then my newsreader
>>> burped and my post with the recipe vanished.
>>>
>>> Here's the baked chicken wings recipe Cheri posted on January 29th:
>>>
>>> I'm going to make a recipe which was one of the last things she posted.
>>> It was in a thread which morphed into being about chicken wings. She
>>> posted this on January 29th:
>>>
>>> "Laurie's Parmesan Chicken Wings
>>>
>>> 1 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
>>> 2 tbsp. chopped parsley (or 1 tbsp. dried parsley flakes)
>>> 2 tsp. paprika
>>> 1 tsp. dried oregano
>>> 1/2 tsp. dried basil
>>> 1/4 tsp. salt
>>> 1/4 tsp. pepper
>>> 1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter
>>> 1 pound chicken wings, disjointed and tips removed
>>>
>>> Preheat oven to 350º. In a big ziplock bag, combine parmesan cheese and
>>> spices, and shake to mix. Pour melted butter into a shallow bowl. Dip
>>> wings (a few at a time) into the butter, then put into the bag and shake
>>> to coat. Place the chicken on a lined baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes.

>> All the seasoning and cheese is going to slide right off the chicken
>> within the first few minutes (with the help of the butter) and weld
>> itself to the baking sheet. BTDT.
>>

> Which is why Cheri added "Believe me, you want to line the baking sheet
> or spend a long time cleaning it up, I sometimes use a disposable pan
> from the Dollar Store."

Which is why most of the other recipes and restaurants toss the
wings in the butter and cheese (or whatever sauce) after the wings
have cooked.

Why put on stuff that's just going to slide off and burn?

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 Feb 2019 13:51:41 GMT, Pamela >
wrote:

>On 03:23 16 Feb 2019, Sqwertz > wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 15 Feb 2019 21:15:40 -0500, jmcquown wrote:
>>
>>> I posted this, Leo replied, I replied to him and then my newsreader
>>> burped and my post with the recipe vanished.
>>>
>>> Here's the baked chicken wings recipe Cheri posted on January 29th:
>>>
>>> I'm going to make a recipe which was one of the last things she posted.
>>> It was in a thread which morphed into being about chicken wings. She
>>> posted this on January 29th:
>>>
>>> "Laurie's Parmesan Chicken Wings
>>>
>>> 1 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
>>> 2 tbsp. chopped parsley (or 1 tbsp. dried parsley flakes)
>>> 2 tsp. paprika
>>> 1 tsp. dried oregano
>>> 1/2 tsp. dried basil
>>> 1/4 tsp. salt
>>> 1/4 tsp. pepper
>>> 1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter
>>> 1 pound chicken wings, disjointed and tips removed
>>>
>>> Preheat oven to 350º. In a big ziplock bag, combine parmesan cheese and
>>> spices, and shake to mix. Pour melted butter into a shallow bowl. Dip
>>> wings (a few at a time) into the butter, then put into the bag and
>>> shake to coat. Place the chicken on a lined baking sheet and bake for
>>> 45 minutes.

>> All the seasoning and cheese is going to slide right off the chicken
>> within the first few minutes (with the help of the butter) and weld
>> itself to the baking sheet. BTDT.
>>
>> -sw

>Squirt, can't you zip your lip for two minutes and show some respect insetad?

No, he can't.

Mujadara recipe - in honor of Egypt sf[_9_] General Cooking 11 15-02-2011 12:23 PM
Need Hot and Spicy Korean Chicken Wing Recipe Bruce K. Asian Cooking 0 14-05-2009 12:38 PM
Chicken Wing Recipe JimnGin Barbecue 1 27-06-2007 03:17 AM
REC: Another chicken wing recipe Janet Wilder[_1_] Diabetic 7 07-05-2007 09:57 AM