Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Sad news - Cheri

Im sad to be the bearer of this sad news.
Cheri died on Jan 30th. There is a lovely
Obituary with nice comments from folks who knew her as well as some pictures at The Lodi
Sentinel obituary page.

I saw Garys comment this morning about
not seeing her post and decided to check it out

RIP Cheri

Nellie
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Nellie wrote:

> Im sad to be the bearer of this sad news.
> Cheri died on Jan 30th. There is a lovely
> Obituary with nice comments from folks who knew her as well as some pictures at The Lodi
> Sentinel obituary page.
>
> I saw Garys comment this morning about
> not seeing her post and decided to check it out
>
> RIP Cheri
>
> Nellie

Oh no! This is terrible, she was a lovely person, she was a fine poster...her picture is lovely.

I take it this is this the relevant obit:

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/lo...&pid=191448844

"Cheri Irene (Jaeger) Gaudet

Cheri was born on June 22, 1946 in San Diego CA at Balboa Naval Hospital and died on 1-30-19 in Lodi CA, where she had mostly lived for 40 years. She also lived in Rio Vista CA for 15 years. She lived in Oregon for many of her early childhood years, and then moved to Somerset CA with her parents. She attended schools in Sutherlin Oregon, Somerset, Placerville, and Lodi High East Campus. She married Phil Gaudet in 1964 and they have been married for 54 years which saw them together as teenagers, parents, grandparents and great grandparents.
She worked in food service for most of her working years, as well as secretary for Gaudet Service Company for may years when Phil started his own business in 1997. They retired in 2010 and she enjoyed staying close to home, trying new recipes, spending time on the computer, and especially downloading books to her Kindle since she was an avid reader.

Cheri is survived by her husband Phil, daughters Tamera (Joe), Teresa (Joe), and son Todd (Adriene), her grandchildren--Suzie, Krista, Rachel, Ashley, Pettus, Peyton, Nicholas, Jada, and Joseph, as well as her great grandchildren--Keyleen, Alina, Jaylen, Cody, and Dylan.

She is also survived by sisters, Cyndi, (Tom), Heidi (Dario), Pam (Leo), and Debbie, brothers Tom and Ted (Deb), and several nieces and nephews. She also leaves behind her life long friends Bobby, Jo, Josey, and Ron. She was preceded in death by her grandmother Lila, her parents William (Bud) and Ruth, brothers Walt and Nick, and sister Candy.

At her request she will be cremated and scattered off the bridge at Buck's Bar Ca, where she spent many happy childhood days, and where in her best memories of those days she still runs the bluffs of the Cosumnes River and the hills of Somerset with her brother Tom. There will be no services, but a small informal get together for family and friends is planned for a later time..."

</>
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nellie" wrote in message

Im sad to be the bearer of this sad news.
Cheri died on Jan 30th. There is a lovely
Obituary with nice comments from folks who knew her as well as some pictures
at The Lodi
Sentinel obituary page.

I saw Garys comment this morning about
not seeing her post and decided to check it out

RIP Cheri

Nellie

==

OH( Thank you for letting us know. I hadn't heard from Cheri from a wee
while. I know she had been in hospital and was expected to go back ...

Please can you show me how to get to that page? I am in UK.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"GM" wrote in message

Nellie wrote:

> Im sad to be the bearer of this sad news.
> Cheri died on Jan 30th. There is a lovely
> Obituary with nice comments from folks who knew her as well as some
> pictures at The Lodi
> Sentinel obituary page.
>
> I saw Garys comment this morning about
> not seeing her post and decided to check it out
>
> RIP Cheri
>
> Nellie

Oh no! This is terrible, she was a lovely person, she was a fine
poster...her picture is lovely.

I take it this is this the relevant obit:

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/lo...&pid=191448844

"Cheri Irene (Jaeger) Gaudet

Cheri was born on June 22, 1946 in San Diego CA at Balboa Naval Hospital and
died on 1-30-19 in Lodi CA, where she had mostly lived for 40 years. She
also lived in Rio Vista CA for 15 years. She lived in Oregon for many of her
early childhood years, and then moved to Somerset CA with her parents. She
attended schools in Sutherlin Oregon, Somerset, Placerville, and Lodi High
East Campus. She married Phil Gaudet in 1964 and they have been married for
54 years which saw them together as teenagers, parents, grandparents and
great grandparents.
She worked in food service for most of her working years, as well as
secretary for Gaudet Service Company for may years when Phil started his own
business in 1997. They retired in 2010 and she enjoyed staying close to
home, trying new recipes, spending time on the computer, and especially
downloading books to her Kindle since she was an avid reader.

Cheri is survived by her husband Phil, daughters Tamera (Joe), Teresa (Joe),
and son Todd (Adriene), her grandchildren--Suzie, Krista, Rachel, Ashley,
Pettus, Peyton, Nicholas, Jada, and Joseph, as well as her great
grandchildren--Keyleen, Alina, Jaylen, Cody, and Dylan.

She is also survived by sisters, Cyndi, (Tom), Heidi (Dario), Pam (Leo), and
Debbie, brothers Tom and Ted (Deb), and several nieces and nephews. She also
leaves behind her life long friends Bobby, Jo, Josey, and Ron. She was
preceded in death by her grandmother Lila, her parents William (Bud) and
Ruth, brothers Walt and Nick, and sister Candy.

At her request she will be cremated and scattered off the bridge at Buck's
Bar Ca, where she spent many happy childhood days, and where in her best
memories of those days she still runs the bluffs of the Cosumnes River and
the hills of Somerset with her brother Tom. There will be no services, but a
small informal get together for family and friends is planned for a later
time..."

</>

==

Thank you so much for posting. She has been a good friend to me for many
years.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/14/2019 2:15 PM, Nellie wrote:
> Im sad to be the bearer of this sad news.
> Cheri died on Jan 30th. There is a lovely
> Obituary with nice comments from folks who knew her as well as some pictures at The Lodi
> Sentinel obituary page.
>
> I saw Garys comment this morning about
> not seeing her post and decided to check it out
>
> RIP Cheri
>
> Nellie

Oh no! I'm shocked and saddened to hear this. She will be greatly missed.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/14/2019 3:18 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> "GM"Â* wrote in message
>
> NellieÂ* wrote:
>
>> Im sad to be the bearer of this sad news.
>> Cheri died on Jan 30th. There is a lovely
>> Obituary with nice comments from folks who knew her as well as some
>> pictures at The Lodi
>> Sentinel obituary page.
>>
>> I saw Garys comment this morning about
>> not seeing her post and decided to check it out
>>
>> RIP Cheri
>>
>> Nellie

> Oh no!Â* This is terrible, she was a lovely person, she was a fine
> poster...her picture is lovely.
>
> I take it this is this the relevant obit:
>
> https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/lo...&pid=191448844
>

> "Cheri Irene (Jaeger) Gaudet
>
> Cheri was born on June 22, 1946 in San Diego CA at Balboa Naval Hospital
> and died on 1-30-19 in Lodi CA, where she had mostly lived for 40 years.
> She also lived in Rio Vista CA for 15 years. She lived in Oregon for
> many of her early childhood years, and then moved to Somerset CA with
> her parents. She attended schools in Sutherlin Oregon, Somerset,
> Placerville, and Lodi High East Campus. She married Phil Gaudet in 1964
> and they have been married for 54 years which saw them together as
> teenagers, parents, grandparents and great grandparents.
> She worked in food service for most of her working years, as well as
> secretary for Gaudet Service Company for may years when Phil started his
> own business in 1997. They retired in 2010 and she enjoyed staying close
> to home, trying new recipes, spending time on the computer, and
> especially downloading books to her Kindle since she was an avid reader.
>
> Cheri is survived by her husband Phil, daughters Tamera (Joe), Teresa
> (Joe), and son Todd (Adriene), her grandchildren--Suzie, Krista, Rachel,
> Ashley, Pettus, Peyton, Nicholas, Jada, and Joseph, as well as her great
> grandchildren--Keyleen, Alina, Jaylen, Cody, and Dylan.
>
> She is also survived by sisters, Cyndi, (Tom), Heidi (Dario), Pam (Leo),
> and Debbie, brothers Tom and Ted (Deb), and several nieces and nephews.
> She also leaves behind her life long friends Bobby, Jo, Josey, and Ron.
> She was preceded in death by her grandmother Lila, her parents William
> (Bud) and Ruth, brothers Walt and Nick, and sister Candy.
>
> At her request she will be cremated and scattered off the bridge at
> Buck's Bar Ca, where she spent many happy childhood days, and where in
> her best memories of those days she still runs the bluffs of the
> Cosumnes River and the hills of Somerset with her brother Tom. There
> will be no services, but a small informal get together for family and
> friends is planned for a later time..."
>

> </>
>
> ==
>
> Thank you so much for posting.Â* She has been a good friend to me for
> many years.

I'm very sad to hear this news. I've emailed this info to Chatty Cathy
so she can update the 'In Memorium' section of the RFC web site.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 2/14/2019 2:15 PM, Nellie wrote:
>> Im sad to be the bearer of this sad news.
>> Cheri died on Jan 30th. There is a lovely
>> Obituary with nice comments from folks who knew her as well as some
>> pictures at The Lodi
>> Sentinel obituary page.
>>
>> I saw Garys comment this morning about
>> not seeing her post and decided to check it out
>>
>> RIP Cheri
>>
>> Nellie
>>

> Oh no! I'm shocked and saddened to hear this. She will be greatly
> missed.
>
> Jill

Oh wow.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/14/2019 7:09 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>> On 2/14/2019 2:15 PM, Nellie wrote:
>>> Im sad to be the bearer of this sad news.
>>> Cheri died on Jan 30th. There is a lovely
>>> Obituary with nice comments from folks who knew her as well as some
>>> pictures at The Lodi
>>> Sentinel obituary page.
>>>
>>> I saw Garys comment this morning about
>>> not seeing her post and decided to check it out
>>>
>>> RIP Cheri
>>>
>>> Nellie
>>>

>> Oh no!Â* I'm shocked and saddened to hear this.Â* She will be greatly
>> missed.
>>
>> Jill

> Oh wow.

"Oh wow" what? Are you going to try to turn her death into something
about *you*? If so, you're extremely misguided. Boo, hiss!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, February 14, 2019 at 1:15:19 PM UTC-6, Nellie wrote:
> Im sad to be the bearer of this sad news.
> Cheri died on Jan 30th. There is a lovely
> Obituary with nice comments from folks who knew her as well as some pictures at The Lodi
> Sentinel obituary page.
>
> I saw Garys comment this morning about
> not seeing her post and decided to check it out
>
> RIP Cheri
>
> Nellie

Very sad to hear of Cheri's passing. :-( Didn't know her well, but few here do! Know me I mean.

Sorry to see her go! I have a soft spot in my heart for any female named Cheri! :-)

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nellie wrote:

> Im sad to be the bearer of this sad news.
> Cheri died on Jan 30th. There is a lovely
> Obituary with nice comments from folks who knew her as well as some pictures at The Lodi
> Sentinel obituary page.
>
> I saw Garys comment this morning about
> not seeing her post and decided to check it out
>
> RIP Cheri

Thanks for checking and letting us know, Nellie. What a shock
miss her here. ;(

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nellie wrote:

> Im sad to be the bearer of this sad news.
> Cheri died on Jan 30th. There is a lovely
> Obituary with nice comments from folks who knew her as well as some pictures at The Lodi
> Sentinel obituary page.
>
> I saw Garys comment this morning about
> not seeing her post and decided to check it out
>
> RIP Cheri

sorry to hear this. she'll be missed.

songbird
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 2/14/2019 7:09 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> Oh no! I'm shocked and saddened to hear this. She will be greatly
>>> missed.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> Oh wow.

> "Oh wow" what? Are you going to try to turn her death into something
> about *you*? If so, you're extremely misguided. Boo, hiss!
>
> Jill

Uh no. That was an "oh wow" as in shock. Sheesh! You're the one who tried to
turn it into me. Fail!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message

> >> Oh wow.

> > "Oh wow" what? Are you going to try to turn her death into something
> > about *you*? If so, you're extremely misguided. Boo, hiss!
> >
> > Jill

> Uh no. That was an "oh wow" as in shock. Sheesh! You're the one who tried to
> turn it into me. Fail!

Yes. That was just Jill being 'mean-Jill' again to you. No reason
for that nonsense.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 15 Feb 2019 09:14:58 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>Julie Bove wrote:

>> > "Oh wow" what? Are you going to try to turn her death into something
>> > about *you*? If so, you're extremely misguided. Boo, hiss!
>> >
>> > Jill

>> Uh no. That was an "oh wow" as in shock. Sheesh! You're the one who tried to
>> turn it into me. Fail!

>Yes. That was just Jill being 'mean-Jill' again to you. No reason
>for that nonsense.

Yes, that came out of nowhere.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" wrote in message ...

On Fri, 15 Feb 2019 09:14:58 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>Julie Bove wrote:

>> > "Oh wow" what? Are you going to try to turn her death into something
>> > about *you*? If so, you're extremely misguided. Boo, hiss!
>> >
>> > Jill

>> Uh no. That was an "oh wow" as in shock. Sheesh! You're the one who tried
>> turn it into me. Fail!

>Yes. That was just Jill being 'mean-Jill' again to you. No reason
>for that nonsense.

==

TBH I am getting sick of it! It comes from nowhere and it seemingly never
ends

Yes, that came out of nowhere.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:
> TBH I am getting sick of it! It comes from nowhere and it seemingly never
> ends
>
> Yes, that came out of nowhere.

thus the invention of the filter to ignore
certain people.

i rarely use it but once in a while it saves
a lot of ...

songbird
Posted to rec.food.cooking

--

Yes. You are right!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 15 Feb 2019 09:14:58 -0500, Gary wrote:

> Julie Bove wrote:

>>> "Oh wow" what? Are you going to try to turn her death into something
>>> about *you*? If so, you're extremely misguided. Boo, hiss!
>>>
>>> Jill

>> Uh no. That was an "oh wow" as in shock. Sheesh! You're the one who tried to
>> turn it into me. Fail!

> Yes. That was just Jill being 'mean-Jill' again to you. No reason
> for that nonsense.

There has never been a "Death Thread" that didn't devolve into
arguments. I fully expect mine to be in the 300-500 post range. And
I would welcome it if I could. So I'll just throw this out there
now.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 17 Feb 2019 17:55:22 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Fri, 15 Feb 2019 09:14:58 -0500, Gary wrote:
>
>> Julie Bove wrote:

>>> Uh no. That was an "oh wow" as in shock. Sheesh! You're the one who tried to
>>> turn it into me. Fail!

>> Yes. That was just Jill being 'mean-Jill' again to you. No reason
>> for that nonsense.

>There has never been a "Death Thread" that didn't devolve into
>arguments. I fully expect mine to be in the 300-500 post range. And
>I would welcome it if I could. So I'll just throw this out there
>now.

Narcissist is narcissistic.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Feb 2019 17:55:22 -0600, Sqwertz >
> wrote:

>>> Yes. That was just Jill being 'mean-Jill' again to you. No reason
>>> for that nonsense.

>> There has never been a "Death Thread" that didn't devolve into
>> arguments. I fully expect mine to be in the 300-500 post range. And
>> I would welcome it if I could. So I'll just throw this out there
>> now.

> Narcissist is narcissistic.

Just wait till Popeye's death thread.

Cheri Ophelia[_16_] General Cooking 5 10-01-2019 09:37 PM
ping Cheri Ophelia[_11_] General Cooking 6 24-07-2014 06:35 PM
Thanks Cheri! Julie Bove[_2_] Diabetic 4 18-08-2012 05:40 AM
PING Cheri Nick Cramer Diabetic 7 18-05-2009 02:03 AM
Bois Cheri Pierce Tee Tea 0 20-04-2005 07:01 PM