Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Grilled potatoes

This morning I made a few slices of bacon for breakfast. Fried eggs in
the fat and then left the pan. I was going to clean it but though,
maybe i can use the bacon fat.

For dinner I made pork tenderloins on the grill. To go with it, I
though grilled potatoes would be good. I took a few golden potatoes,
pierced them with a fork, nuked them for six minutes and heated the grill.

I cut the potatoes in hald, brushed both sides with the bacon fat and
placed them cut size down on a medium hot grill. The other side got the
pork tenderloins.

The spuds got a little crispy on the cut size, turned them over a few
minutes, then they were ready same time as the meat. A little butter, a
little salt, damn, they were good.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/13/2019 7:38 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> This morning I made a few slices of bacon for breakfast.Â* Fried eggs in
> the fat and then left the pan.Â* I was going to clean it but though,
> maybe i can use the bacon fat.
>
> For dinner I made pork tenderloins on the grill.Â* To go with it, I
> though grilled potatoes would be good.Â* I took a few golden potatoes,
> pierced them with a fork, nuked them for six minutes and heated the grill.
>
> I cut the potatoes in hald, brushed both sides with the bacon fat and
> placed them cut size down on a medium hot grill.Â* The other side got the
> pork tenderloins.
>
> The spuds got a little crispy on the cut size, turned them over a few
> minutes, then they were ready same time as the meat.Â* A little butter, a
> little salt, damn, they were good.

Sounds tasty! I am not one to save bacon fat. But your timely use of
nuked then brushed with bacon fat then grilled potatoes sounds like it
worked out well.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/13/2019 6:38 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> This morning I made a few slices of bacon for breakfast.Â* Fried eggs
> in the fat and then left the pan.Â* I was going to clean it but though,
> maybe i can use the bacon fat.
>
> For dinner I made pork tenderloins on the grill.Â* To go with it, I
> though grilled potatoes would be good.Â* I took a few golden potatoes,
> pierced them with a fork, nuked them for six minutes and heated the
> grill.
>
> I cut the potatoes in hald, brushed both sides with the bacon fat and
> placed them cut size down on a medium hot grill.Â* The other side got
> the pork tenderloins.
>
> The spuds got a little crispy on the cut size, turned them over a few
> minutes, then they were ready same time as the meat.Â* A little butter,
> a little salt, damn, they were good.

Â* I've got a couple of pork loin steaks and a big sweet tater on the
grill as I type ... and some leftover linguine from a couple of nights
ago warming in some cream of chicken soup and a little water on the
stove . Expect the missus to walk thru the door home from work at WM any
time now .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, February 13, 2019 at 6:38:11 PM UTC-6, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> This morning I made a few slices of bacon for breakfast. Fried eggs in
> the fat and then left the pan. I was going to clean it but though,
> maybe i can use the bacon fat.
>
> For dinner I made pork tenderloins on the grill. To go with it, I
> though grilled potatoes would be good. I took a few golden potatoes,
> pierced them with a fork, nuked them for six minutes and heated the grill.
>
> I cut the potatoes in hald, brushed both sides with the bacon fat and
> placed them cut size down on a medium hot grill. The other side got the
> pork tenderloins.
>
> The spuds got a little crispy on the cut size, turned them over a few
> minutes, then they were ready same time as the meat. A little butter, a
> little salt, damn, they were good.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm, it all sounds good.