Old 14-02-2019, 12:38 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Grilled potatoes

This morning I made a few slices of bacon for breakfast. Fried eggs in
the fat and then left the pan. I was going to clean it but though,
maybe i can use the bacon fat.

For dinner I made pork tenderloins on the grill. To go with it, I
though grilled potatoes would be good. I took a few golden potatoes,
pierced them with a fork, nuked them for six minutes and heated the grill.

I cut the potatoes in hald, brushed both sides with the bacon fat and
placed them cut size down on a medium hot grill. The other side got the
pork tenderloins.

The spuds got a little crispy on the cut size, turned them over a few
minutes, then they were ready same time as the meat. A little butter, a
little salt, damn, they were good.

Old 14-02-2019, 01:15 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/13/2019 7:38 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
This morning I made a few slices of bacon for breakfast.* Fried eggs in
the fat and then left the pan.* I was going to clean it but though,
maybe i can use the bacon fat.

For dinner I made pork tenderloins on the grill.* To go with it, I
though grilled potatoes would be good.* I took a few golden potatoes,
pierced them with a fork, nuked them for six minutes and heated the grill.

I cut the potatoes in hald, brushed both sides with the bacon fat and
placed them cut size down on a medium hot grill.* The other side got the
pork tenderloins.

The spuds got a little crispy on the cut size, turned them over a few
minutes, then they were ready same time as the meat.* A little butter, a
little salt, damn, they were good.

Sounds tasty! I am not one to save bacon fat. But your timely use of
nuked then brushed with bacon fat then grilled potatoes sounds like it
worked out well.

Jill
Old 14-02-2019, 01:19 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/13/2019 6:38 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
This morning I made a few slices of bacon for breakfast.* Fried eggs
in the fat and then left the pan.* I was going to clean it but though,
maybe i can use the bacon fat.

For dinner I made pork tenderloins on the grill.* To go with it, I
though grilled potatoes would be good.* I took a few golden potatoes,
pierced them with a fork, nuked them for six minutes and heated the
grill.

I cut the potatoes in hald, brushed both sides with the bacon fat and
placed them cut size down on a medium hot grill.* The other side got
the pork tenderloins.

The spuds got a little crispy on the cut size, turned them over a few
minutes, then they were ready same time as the meat.* A little butter,
a little salt, damn, they were good.

* I've got a couple of pork loin steaks and a big sweet tater on the
grill as I type ... and some leftover linguine from a couple of nights
ago warming in some cream of chicken soup and a little water on the
stove . Expect the missus to walk thru the door home from work at WM any
time now .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Old 14-02-2019, 01:19 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, February 13, 2019 at 6:38:11 PM UTC-6, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

This morning I made a few slices of bacon for breakfast. Fried eggs in
the fat and then left the pan. I was going to clean it but though,
maybe i can use the bacon fat.

For dinner I made pork tenderloins on the grill. To go with it, I
though grilled potatoes would be good. I took a few golden potatoes,
pierced them with a fork, nuked them for six minutes and heated the grill.

I cut the potatoes in hald, brushed both sides with the bacon fat and
placed them cut size down on a medium hot grill. The other side got the
pork tenderloins.

The spuds got a little crispy on the cut size, turned them over a few
minutes, then they were ready same time as the meat. A little butter, a
little salt, damn, they were good.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm, it all sounds good.