Old 13-02-2019, 08:02 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default We have one less resident now.

On Wed, 13 Feb 2019 08:51:23 -0000, "Ophelia"
wrote:

"Bruce" wrote in message ...

On Tuesday, February 12, 2019 at 6:14:04 PM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:

It's good to have a plan B with a reliable person. Giving a friendly
older cat a few good last years sounds rewarding too.

My Pema is a cat I was supposed to 'foster' for about 5 months and that
will
soon be 3 years ago. She was 8 at the time and that was in the Spring when
she came to me so I'm saying she's now 11 years old.

Unfortunately she was never socialized therefore she is terrified of
strangers
and runs with terror when the doorbell rings. Two weeks ago my brother was
here and she came out to investigate and after much coaxing she allowed him
scratch the top of her head. That was the first time he'd ever seen what
she
looked like.

Lol, cats can be difficult that way. We have a cat that's terrified of
everybody but us and my mother-in-law.

==

Just like my Poppy

Our inside cats know our grands and sleep with them when they visit,
and we know they would take them as they've already taken three of the
kittens born in our barn, in fact Barny is their brother.
The feral outside cats can easily survive on their own... there are
many around here that live in crawl spaces under occupied houses and
take up residence in barns, Ferals prefer feeding themselves... when
I plow snow I often plow up a nest of voles, they scatter but they'd
never escape feral cats. Just last week Barny brought a field mouse
up from the basement, already dead but he wanted to show the other
cats his prize. Inside cats don't associate mice with food, they are
toys to bat around..