Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default To the appliance store again

"Gary" wrote in message ...

Ophelia wrote:

> I couldn't leave my tv on all that time. We turn it on for something we
> want to watch and then turn it off when finished)
>
> Does it never annoy you?

Not having it on is what will annoy me. I like the background
noise.

> The only thing I have running is some music turned down very low)

Doesn't that music turned down annoy you?

==

lol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/2/2019 1:43 PM, Gary wrote:
> Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>
>> Oh, no matter what size you want, get the next one bigger and you won't
>> be sorry. I could not fit larger than 55" in my last house. Here, wish
>> it was a 65". I also wall mounted it too. Safer that way.

> I agree with the next size up. My 24" is small and only for
> personal viewing in my bedroom. Even there, next one will be a
> 32" but no larger.
>
> If I ever put one again in my living room it would be a 48". So
> cheap enough on sale, these days.

Depends on the room size. Ours is a 47" that used to be in the family
room. It is on the opposite wall from the bed on top of a dresser,
comfortable to watch from bed.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:

> A Moose in Love wrote:
> >
> > my flat screen tv; the colours all of a sudden they started to run
> > together. i thought about getting a repairman, and went all over
> > the www for advice. i've been told that it's better to purchase a
> > new one. so next week it's off to bestbuy. this tv lasted only 8
> > years. it's not the cable or the box it's the tv.

> Well don't buy that brand again. Here's one opinion of a new TV
> for you.
>
> I bought an "Element" brand tv from Target over 12 years ago. It
> was a sale one that I had never heard of but it turned out to be
> an excellent brand. After 12 years it still works perfectly. The
> key factor here is how many hours has it run and this tv has
> logged way more hours than the average tv.
>
> Only time I ever turn it off is when I go to work. When I'm not
> working, it stays on 24/7. I don't watch it that darn much but I
> just leave it on. The tv is just my little bedroom buddy. heheh
> Point here is that hour wise this is definitely the "Energizer"
> TV. It keeps on going and going.
>
> If this one ever stops working, I'll buy another Element. They
> have proven their quality to me and I highly recommend the brand.

I had same brand and only recenty upgraded from it. Still working, it
went to lady with 3 kids and only an ol style smallr tube TV.