General Cooking (rec.food.cooking) For general food and cooking discussion. Foods of all kinds, food procurement, cooking methods and techniques, eating, etc.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 12-02-2019, 07:12 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 758
Default Finally got my grill today

O ordered a Napoleon grill some weeks ago. The model I wanted was out
of stock and being replaced by a new version just starting in
production. Makes sense to do a model change in winter, but I'm ready
to grill NOW. It was finally delivered today. It still has to be
assembled and hooked to the gas line.

I'll be grilling in a couple of days though. Looking forward to using
the rotisserie.

https://napoleon.com/en/us/grills/pr...ro500rsibnss-3
or
https://tinyurl.com/y39qkazb

  #2 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 12-02-2019, 07:42 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 9,023
Default Finally got my grill today

On Tuesday, February 12, 2019 at 2:12:13 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
O ordered a Napoleon grill some weeks ago. The model I wanted was out
of stock and being replaced by a new version just starting in
production. Makes sense to do a model change in winter, but I'm ready
to grill NOW. It was finally delivered today. It still has to be
assembled and hooked to the gas line.

I'll be grilling in a couple of days though. Looking forward to using
the rotisserie.

https://napoleon.com/en/us/grills/pr...ro500rsibnss-3
or
https://tinyurl.com/y39qkazb


Nice. I've got a Weber Genesis.

Last night it was a balmy 30 F with a favorable wind. I grilled
flank steak with a paste of tomato sauce, salt, garlic powder,
onion powder, and fish sauce. It's one of my husband's faves.
(Nuked frozen green beans and canned corn on the side. He's
lucky he got that, considering it was a Monday and I worked all
day.)

Tonight will probably be chicken piccata, rice, and a salad.
Chicken something, anyway. The weather is very windy, wet,
and raw.

Cindy Hamilton
  #3 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 13-02-2019, 01:10 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6,506
Default Finally got my grill today

On Tuesday, February 12, 2019 at 1:12:13 PM UTC-6, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

O ordered a Napoleon grill some weeks ago. The model I wanted was out
of stock and being replaced by a new version just starting in
production. Makes sense to do a model change in winter, but I'm ready
to grill NOW. It was finally delivered today. It still has to be
assembled and hooked to the gas line.

I'll be grilling in a couple of days though. Looking forward to using
the rotisserie.

https://napoleon.com/en/us/grills/pr...ro500rsibnss-3
or
https://tinyurl.com/y39qkazb

Glad it arrived and I know you can't wait to get it hooked up and fired up.

  #4 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 13-02-2019, 01:15 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 10,858
Default Finally got my grill today

On Tue, 12 Feb 2019 17:10:46 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

On Tuesday, February 12, 2019 at 1:12:13 PM UTC-6, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

O ordered a Napoleon grill some weeks ago. The model I wanted was out
of stock and being replaced by a new version just starting in
production. Makes sense to do a model change in winter, but I'm ready
to grill NOW. It was finally delivered today. It still has to be
assembled and hooked to the gas line.

I'll be grilling in a couple of days though. Looking forward to using
the rotisserie.

https://napoleon.com/en/us/grills/pr...ro500rsibnss-3
or
https://tinyurl.com/y39qkazb

Glad it arrived and I know you can't wait to get it hooked up and fired up.


Ed can start cooking for the whole street now!
  #5 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 13-02-2019, 02:32 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 758
Default Finally got my grill today

On 2/12/2019 8:59 PM, Pamela wrote:
On 19:12 12 Feb 2019, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

O ordered a Napoleon grill some weeks ago. The model I wanted was out
of stock and being replaced by a new version just starting in
production. Makes sense to do a model change in winter, but I'm ready
to grill NOW. It was finally delivered today. It still has to be
assembled and hooked to the gas line.

I'll be grilling in a couple of days though. Looking forward to using
the rotisserie.

https://napoleon.com/en/us/grills/pr.../prestige-pro-
series/prestige-pro-500-rsib-pro500rsibnss-3
or
https://tinyurl.com/y39qkazb


"Starting at $2,349". That's expensive. I hope you get your money's worth.

I paid less than that but it will last the rest of my life. You can
spend double and triple that too.


  #6 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 13-02-2019, 04:49 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,614
Default Finally got my grill today

writes:
On 2/12/2019 8:59 PM, Pamela wrote:
On 19:12 12 Feb 2019, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

O ordered a Napoleon grill some weeks ago. The model I wanted was out
of stock and being replaced by a new version just starting in
production. Makes sense to do a model change in winter, but I'm ready
to grill NOW. It was finally delivered today. It still has to be
assembled and hooked to the gas line.

I'll be grilling in a couple of days though. Looking forward to using
the rotisserie.

https://napoleon.com/en/us/grills/pr.../prestige-pro-
series/prestige-pro-500-rsib-pro500rsibnss-3
or
https://tinyurl.com/y39qkazb


"Starting at $2,349". That's expensive. I hope you get your money's worth.

I paid less than that but it will last the rest of my life. You can
spend double and triple that too.


and if you want to spend even more you can buy a robot that makes your
hamburgers for you

  #7 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 13-02-2019, 02:48 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 758
Default Finally got my grill today

On 2/13/2019 9:15 AM, Pamela wrote:
On 02:32 13 Feb 2019, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 2/12/2019 8:59 PM, Pamela wrote:
On 19:12 12 Feb 2019, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

O ordered a Napoleon grill some weeks ago. The model I wanted was out
of stock and being replaced by a new version just starting in
production. Makes sense to do a model change in winter, but I'm ready
to grill NOW. It was finally delivered today. It still has to be
assembled and hooked to the gas line.

I'll be grilling in a couple of days though. Looking forward to using
the rotisserie.

https://napoleon.com/en/us/grills/pr.../prestige-pro-
series/prestige-pro-500-rsib-pro500rsibnss-3
or
https://tinyurl.com/y39qkazb

"Starting at $2,349". That's expensive. I hope you get your money's
worth.

I paid less than that but it will last the rest of my life. You can
spend double and triple that too.


If you spend as much on a barqbeque as you might on kitchen appliances
then I can understand why you would compare barbeque food to that cooked
indoors! I think we were talking at crossed purposes about barbeques.

Are you in a warm part of the States where barbeques can be held on many days
of the year? The UK and especially Scotland has too few predictable good
weather days to arrange a barbeque much in advance.


I can cook out here probably 350 days of the year. A cold winter day is
40F, it has been mid 70s all week. A couple of weeks ago I did wear a
light jacket to go out, but still wore shorts.

In summer, cooking outside reduces the load on the AC too.
  #8 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 13-02-2019, 03:44 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 10,858
Default Finally got my grill today

On Wed, 13 Feb 2019 09:48:33 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 2/13/2019 9:15 AM, Pamela wrote:
On 02:32 13 Feb 2019, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I paid less than that but it will last the rest of my life. You can
spend double and triple that too.


If you spend as much on a barqbeque as you might on kitchen appliances
then I can understand why you would compare barbeque food to that cooked
indoors! I think we were talking at crossed purposes about barbeques.

Are you in a warm part of the States where barbeques can be held on many days
of the year? The UK and especially Scotland has too few predictable good
weather days to arrange a barbeque much in advance.


I can cook out here probably 350 days of the year. A cold winter day is
40F, it has been mid 70s all week. A couple of weeks ago I did wear a
light jacket to go out, but still wore shorts.

In summer, cooking outside reduces the load on the AC too.


40F (4C) is freezing. Well, not literally, but close. We only get that
at night.
  #9 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 13-02-2019, 10:54 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 5,544
Default Finally got my grill today

On Wed, 13 Feb 2019 12:15:12 +1100, Bruce
wrote:

On Tue, 12 Feb 2019 17:10:46 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

On Tuesday, February 12, 2019 at 1:12:13 PM UTC-6, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

O ordered a Napoleon grill some weeks ago. The model I wanted was out
of stock and being replaced by a new version just starting in
production. Makes sense to do a model change in winter, but I'm ready
to grill NOW. It was finally delivered today. It still has to be
assembled and hooked to the gas line.

I'll be grilling in a couple of days though. Looking forward to using
the rotisserie.

https://napoleon.com/en/us/grills/pr...ro500rsibnss-3
or
https://tinyurl.com/y39qkazb

Glad it arrived and I know you can't wait to get it hooked up and fired up.


Ed can start cooking for the whole street now!


I ordered a new Weber two years ago, a top of the line all SS model
with every convenience, probably much too big for us. When it arrived
it rained most every day so it sat along side the house in it's
carton. After the winter the carton dissolved so I carried all the
parts into my little work shop, and there it's been sitting for two
years now. I don't miss it, it's just the two of us these days, if I
never grill outdoors again it's fine with me. I got it with points on
my Visa, but it sells at Lowes for over $800. For two people I don't
need an outdoor grill that can easily feed 20. I put it in my little
shop because the user's manual said to put it together on a level spot
and that shop floor is perfectly level poured concrete.
For as often as I'd grill outdoors for the two of us I'd do better
with a hibatchi. Even before my old Weber rotted away it hadn't been
used for three years.... the steel stand decayed from oxidation, rust.

On Lung Guyland I grilled often, we had company often, but here hardly
anyone visits because by now they're all dead, Here if anyone wants
grilled the fire department holds several Feeds all summer, all you
can eat of good chow for like $7 .

The Fire Department Feeds are better than in your own back yard
because everyone gets to meet their neighbors and no one has to bust
their hump buying and preparing food for an army.

Florida has loads of great eateries, lot's of Q joints, I seriously
doubt Ed's lovely new giant sized grill will see much use.

The few people I know who can make the trip won't drive 3 hours to
visit, how many of Ed's Conn friends will travel to Florida...
  #10 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 13-02-2019, 10:57 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 5,544
Default Finally got my grill today

On Wed, 13 Feb 2019 01:59:41 GMT, Pamela
wrote:

On 19:12 12 Feb 2019, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

O ordered a Napoleon grill some weeks ago. The model I wanted was out
of stock and being replaced by a new version just starting in
production. Makes sense to do a model change in winter, but I'm ready
to grill NOW. It was finally delivered today. It still has to be
assembled and hooked to the gas line.

I'll be grilling in a couple of days though. Looking forward to using
the rotisserie.

https://napoleon.com/en/us/grills/pr.../prestige-pro-
series/prestige-pro-500-rsib-pro500rsibnss-3
or
https://tinyurl.com/y39qkazb


"Starting at $2,349".


I hope does but I sinserely doubt it.


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lunch on the grill today :) Arri London General Cooking 20 02-09-2010 12:02 AM
On the Grill Today jmcquown General Cooking 18 15-06-2007 06:50 PM
Ordered my new grill today raymond Barbecue 9 26-02-2007 01:16 AM
Which Fish to Grill Today? jmcquown General Cooking 15 18-07-2005 09:01 AM
Finally decent weather to bring out the grill [email protected] General Cooking 7 12-04-2005 06:12 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"

 

Copyright © 2017