Old 12-02-2019, 08:58 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default A new Fridge

On 2019-02-12 1:45 p.m., Gary wrote:
Julie Bove wrote:

Yes I know. As I said... I could fit an apartment sized one. No bigger. Not
big enough. I know how to measure.

But you don't know how to adapt. You live alone, a small
apartment size would work well for you if you weren't so damn
picky.

We have a large fridge considering that there is just the two of us. We
need the room because there are lots of things we like that we store in
there. I can't imagine there would be any reason for Julie to need a
large fridge because there isn't much that she likes.

Old 13-02-2019, 01:30 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, February 12, 2019 at 12:08:52 AM UTC-6, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:

In article ,
" wrote:

On Monday, February 11, 2019 at 10:10:42 PM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:

Hey Jo-Jo, tell us about YOUR husband.

I killed him, chopped him up, cooked him, and then fed him to the hogs.
Anymore
questions? I also cleaned out his bank account, sold his prized pickup truck,
and got a nice settlement from his life insurance policy.

Yawn. It's the repetitive old story that starts with, "A married guy
gets a life insurance policy..." The end result is inevitable. How
does Bruce not know this? ;-)

leo

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA, he is a bit slow on the uptake, isn't he?

Old 13-02-2019, 01:32 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, February 12, 2019 at 12:23:45 AM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:

In article ,
" wrote:

On Monday, February 11, 2019 at 10:10:42 PM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:

Hey Jo-Jo, tell us about YOUR husband.

I killed him, chopped him up, cooked him, and then fed him to the hogs.
Anymore
questions? I also cleaned out his bank account, sold his prized pickup truck,
and got a nice settlement from his life insurance policy.

The hogs would have eaten him uncooked as well, so she made it up.

No, no, no. I have gourmand hogs.

Old 13-02-2019, 01:38 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, February 12, 2019 at 10:19:53 AM UTC-6, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

She probably has a cupboard over the fridge. My previous house
had that, and my husband had to trim it a little the day the
fridge was delivered.

IIRC said she needs a fridge 64 inches tall, which is shorter
than me. I'd have the gardener remove the cupboard and get a
bigger fridge (when the old one dies, of course).

Cindy Hamilton

Stop! Stop! You're using common sense and muddying up the waters, how dare
you?!?

Old 13-02-2019, 01:40 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

" wrote:

On Monday, February 11, 2019 at 10:10:42 PM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:

Hey Jo-Jo, tell us about YOUR husband.

I killed him, chopped him up, cooked him, and then fed him to the hogs.
Anymore
questions? I also cleaned out his bank account, sold his prized pickup truck,
and got a nice settlement from his life insurance policy.

Yawn. It's the repetitive old story that starts with, "A married guy
gets a life insurance policy..." The end result is inevitable. How
does Bruce not know this? ;-)

leo

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA, he is a bit slow on the uptake, isn't he?

I actually hear these stories more often the other way around, where
the husband's the evil doer. Lucretia will agree.

Old 13-02-2019, 01:47 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 12 Feb 2019 16:38:59 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

On Tuesday, February 12, 2019 at 10:19:53 AM UTC-6, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

She probably has a cupboard over the fridge. My previous house
had that, and my husband had to trim it a little the day the
fridge was delivered.

IIRC said she needs a fridge 64 inches tall, which is shorter
than me. I'd have the gardener remove the cupboard and get a
bigger fridge (when the old one dies, of course).

Cindy Hamilton

Stop! Stop! You're using common sense and muddying up the waters, how dare
you?!?

I believe you can pick up a 64 inch fridge on Amazon. Maybe that's
where she got it?
Old 13-02-2019, 02:05 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, February 12, 2019 at 12:25:56 PM UTC-6, Sheldon wrote:

Upper cabinets become quite usable if one has a proper ladder, that's
the sole reason why just last week I ordered this, sure beats standing
on a chair or dragging the 6' wooden ladder in from the garage each
time... this hides behind my office door... extremely stable:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0043X1JBY...0043X1JBY&th=1

I ordered this one back in late Fall from Home Depot. Free shipping to the
store and I like it that it is all metal with wide steps and a tool tray.

https://i.postimg.cc/y8dfDtzT/Buffalo-Tools-Ladder.jpg

That handy dandy ladder has already convinced me to change smoke alarm
batteries that were due months ago.

Have you looked at the lithium battery powered smoke detectors? They're
guaranteed for 10 years with no battery replacement to contend with.
Old 13-02-2019, 02:25 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

U.S. Janet B. wrote:

On Tue, 12 Feb 2019 03:24:20 -0800, "Julie Bove"

On 2019-02-11 6:01 p.m., Julie Bove wrote:

wrote in message

If you've got room for a side-by-side refrigerator then a

standard 18, 20, 22
inch refrigerator will fit in the area your present chill chest
occupies.

No. They are too tall.

Really? You know.. they come in different sizes. Oh yeah... we

have to reject every suggestion.

Yes I know. As I said... I could fit an apartment sized one. No
bigger. Not big enough. I know how to measure.

so, your house doesn't have regulation ceilings?

Julie posted a picture once and it's a box like area that can't be
expanded or taller with much ease. Like me, she has cabinets built
above it that don't allow for a taller unit and width issues that do
not allow for much wider.

I have the tall restrictions but can go as wide as I want here if
willing to rearrange the rest of the kitchen. I'd have to measure for
exact but I am about 64 inches top height max. She mentioned it about 3
years ago and I recall looking up units that fit the space. There were
not many choices at all that fit her space limits.

Carol
Old 13-02-2019, 02:36 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
On Tuesday, February 12, 2019 at 12:25:56 PM UTC-6, Sheldon wrote:

Upper cabinets become quite usable if one has a proper ladder, that's
the sole reason why just last week I ordered this, sure beats standing
on a chair or dragging the 6' wooden ladder in from the garage each
time... this hides behind my office door... extremely stable:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0043X1JBY...0043X1JBY&th=1

I ordered this one back in late Fall from Home Depot. Free shipping to the
store and I like it that it is all metal with wide steps and a tool tray.

https://i.postimg.cc/y8dfDtzT/Buffalo-Tools-Ladder.jpg

That handy dandy ladder has already convinced me to change smoke alarm
batteries that were due months ago.

Have you looked at the lithium battery powered smoke detectors? They're
guaranteed for 10 years with no battery replacement to contend with.

Yoose must be crazy if yoose think yoose stuff is better than Popeye's
stuff!

Old 13-02-2019, 08:01 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-02-11 6:01 p.m., Julie Bove wrote:

wrote in message

If you've got room for a side-by-side refrigerator then a standard 18,
20, 22
inch refrigerator will fit in the area your present chill chest
occupies.

No. They are too tall.

Really? You know.. they come in different sizes. Oh yeah... we have
reject every suggestion.

Yes I know. As I said... I could fit an apartment sized one. No bigger.
Not
big enough. I know how to measure.

so, your house doesn't have regulation ceilings?

I have no clue what regulation ceilings are but what would the ceiling have
to do with it? The ceiling in the kitchen is weird. Part of it is very high
and it goes at different angles. The lowest part is where the fridge is. But
as I said... The cabinets go at the sides of the fridge and over the top.
That's the problem.

Old 13-02-2019, 08:02 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"U.S. Janet B." wrote in message

On 2019-02-11 6:01 p.m., Julie Bove wrote:

wrote in message

[...]

I have a cabinet up there too, I hadn't considered a larger cabinet
over the fridge. Those cabinets (IMO) are largely spaces for stuff
you don't want to see again.

Agree. I used to keep my cake decorating stuff, candy molds and cookie
press. Now just the cookie press.

Old 13-02-2019, 08:03 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" wrote in message ...
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 2/12/2019 11:26 AM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

IIRC said she needs a fridge 64 inches tall, which is shorter
than me. I'd have the gardener remove the cupboard and get a
bigger fridge (when the old one dies, of course).

Cindy Hamilton

I have a cabinet up there too, I hadn't considered a larger cabinet
over the fridge. Those cabinets (IMO) are largely spaces for stuff
you don't want to see again.

I mentioned I took the bottom out of the cabinet in the old house. The
stuff that was in it had been there for year. It went directly to the
donation box. There is a nice cabinet over the fridge here. Empty, but
I may stiff a couple of things in there to hide forever. Impractical to
get to.

Places like that are good to store rarely used things.

Not if you play hell getting up there!

Old 13-02-2019, 08:06 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-02-11 6:01 p.m., Julie Bove wrote:

wrote in message

[...]

Or.... go out shopping in a proper appliance store and find one that will
fit. How large a fridge does a single woman need?

I don't know who posted above but as I said... The cabinet can't be moved.
It's built in to the cabinets on either side.

Old 13-02-2019, 08:09 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-02-11 6:01 p.m., Julie Bove wrote:

wrote in message

[...]

with a computer you can find almost anything that you want. I would
think that large stores around Seattle with Internet presence would
have the ability to order in and deliver whatever.

Not when you need a certain color, size and other parameters. I wanted one
to match the stove. The color is biscuit. I did not want an ice mater or
water dispenser. I also didn't want to spend a fortune.

Old 13-02-2019, 08:10 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote in message
On Tuesday, February 12, 2019 at 10:19:53 AM UTC-6, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

She probably has a cupboard over the fridge. My previous house
had that, and my husband had to trim it a little the day the
fridge was delivered.

IIRC said she needs a fridge 64 inches tall, which is shorter
than me. I'd have the gardener remove the cupboard and get a
bigger fridge (when the old one dies, of course).

Cindy Hamilton

Stop! Stop! You're using common sense and muddying up the waters, how
dare
you?!?

You all keep reacting without reading my post. I have cabinets that are all
attached. There are cabinets on either side. It would look terrible to try
to cut one part away and it might affect the stability of the others. Plus
I'm not buying a fridge.