Old 12-02-2019, 03:25 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Question about whistling tea kettles

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Monday, February 11, 2019 at 10:47:34 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
"dsi1" wrote in message

On Monday, February 11, 2019 at 8:43:55 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
"dsi1" wrote in message

On Sunday, February 10, 2019 at 8:18:30 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
wrote:

We use an electric tea kettle too,

Another fool....spending extra money just to boil a cup or two of
water. LOL.

There's a cultural aspect to this electric kettle thing. My guess is
that
many homes in the UK will have one of those and it's similar to how the
Japanese will have automatic rice cookers. The ones that I saw in the UK
was
just spiffy. It used induction heating and could boil water fast because
they operate at a higher wattage than American - 3000W!

The Japanese also like to have hot water on hand. They favor insulated
vacuum pots rather than the ones the Brits use. These pots are probably
popular because these cultures are likely to drink tea at any time of
the
day. Americans don't use these things because they drink coffee. They
mostly
make coffee in the morning or purchase coffee when they need to during
the
day. You think they're stupid because you're not a tea drinker.

==

We don't drink tea, but D does drink instant coffee. We do have an
electric
kettle AND an electric rice cooker)))

In the US, the hotel rooms will usually have a drip coffee maker. Not so
in
the UK. Luckily, we had plenty of hot water and that instant coffee stuff
was really appreciated! We drank a lot of it.

We have an electric kettle in a box in the kitchen. My daughter must have
gotten that one. I have no idea what we can do with it since I only boil
water in the mornings. To boil water, I use a saucepan - odd as that
seems.
My inventory is one electric kettle in a box and zero rice cooker. That's
kind of messed up.

---

lol each to his/her own as they say))

Btw just to boast here a wee bittie ... I have 3 rice cookers g At home
small one and a large one, and one small one at the caravan)

It's odd that I have no automatic rice cooker. Looks like I'm up a creek
without a rice paddle. That's the breaks. I used to be into my cheap cooker.
It's quite a versatile device. It only has two speeds but it I could do a
lot with it. Now, I must journey through life without my beloved rice cooker
but someday, perhaps, we shall meet again.

https://www.rogerebert.com/rogers-jo...-how-to-use-it

=

Hey! That looks exactly the same as my two small ones)))) Yes, they
were cheap but they are perfect for me) er what else do rice cookers do?

I certainly don't use them for anything else!

Anyway, why not buy to a new one?? Go on .. treat yourself))

Old 13-02-2019, 11:31 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, February 12, 2019 at 4:25:48 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

Hey! That looks exactly the same as my two small ones)))) Yes, they
were cheap but they are perfect for me) er what else do rice cookers do?

I certainly don't use them for anything else!

Anyway, why not buy to a new one?? Go on .. treat yourself))

I'm trying to cut out rice in my diet. For an Asian, that's a fairly radical concept. It hasn't been too hard but I probably won't be getting a rice cooker anytime soon, if at all. OTOH, my induction range has such a fine control of heat delivery, I can cook a pot of rice on my stove better than an automatic rice cooker. It's rather amazing.

I was talking to a friend today in a parking lot and he said "you got a new friend." I say "huh?" and he points to a chicken standing a few feet away from me. He's not doing anything - just standing there. Later on, I was waiting for my wife to get out of a store when another chicken approached and watched me for a while. My theory is that people that linger in parking lots will be investigated by chickens. Either that or the chickens want me to eat more rice.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...g17nsBIYJ78hEh
Old 13-02-2019, 12:36 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Tuesday, February 12, 2019 at 4:25:48 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

Hey! That looks exactly the same as my two small ones)))) Yes, they
were cheap but they are perfect for me) er what else do rice cookers
do?

I certainly don't use them for anything else!

Anyway, why not buy to a new one?? Go on .. treat yourself))

I'm trying to cut out rice in my diet. For an Asian, that's a fairly radical
concept. It hasn't been too hard but I probably won't be getting a rice
cooker anytime soon, if at all. OTOH, my induction range has such a fine
control of heat delivery, I can cook a pot of rice on my stove better than
an automatic rice cooker. It's rather amazing.

Ahhh apologies. I forgot(( D. often has cauliflower rice or zoodles
for a change. Have you tried those? What do you use instead?

I was talking to a friend today in a parking lot and he said "you got a new
friend." I say "huh?" and he points to a chicken standing a few feet away
from me. He's not doing anything - just standing there. Later on, I was
waiting for my wife to get out of a store when another chicken approached
and watched me for a while. My theory is that people that linger in parking
lots will be investigated by chickens. Either that or the chickens want me
to eat more rice.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...g17nsBIYJ78hEh

LOL maybe they think you look dodgy!! Oi wot you doin' in my parking
lot??? Cluck!!

Old Today, 02:44 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

I was talking to a friend today in a parking lot and he said "you got a new friend." I say "huh?" and he points to a chicken standing a few feet away from me. He's not doing anything - just standing there. Later on, I was waiting for my wife to get out of a store when another chicken approached and watched me for a while. My theory is that people that linger in parking lots will be investigated by chickens. Either that or the chickens want me to eat more rice.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...g17nsBIYJ78hEh

I saw that pic and I suspect that chicken didn't give a crap if
you ate more rice. I've heard before (true or not) that chickens
are some lame decendants of T-Rex. lol

That chicken didn't look very friendly to me. My guess is that
*he* was trying to decide if he could attack and kill you without
getting hurt himself. That's what all predators do.

One chicken couldn't take you down but beware if they ever decide
to group together like wolves. Beware the chickens....their
ancestors were the top predators millions of years ago. Don't go
out at night for a walk!!!!

Question about electric kettles.. Rainy Tea 5 07-10-2008 05:16 AM
My Whistling Video Perk Rhymes Wit Jerk Off Rhymes Wit Cough General Cooking 4 13-04-2008 09:11 PM
Kettles Bluesea Tea 6 11-02-2005 06:04 AM
Whistling Pie Bird? Les Stewart General Cooking 11 26-06-2004 11:28 PM
Electric Kettles Mike Petro Tea 25 20-01-2004 05:44 AM