Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Chef Boyardee Throwback

On 2/12/2019 7:04 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 2/12/2019 6:52 PM, jmcquown wrote:

>>> HUH?Â* They sell sausage versions of this? Never seen it here but
>>> if I do, I'll definitely try a can. Probably much more
>>> flavorable.
>>>

>> I read that and thought "HUH?" too, Gary.Â* Not that I look for it but
>> I've never heard of Chef Boyardee (any kind) having a "sausage"
>> version. Â*Â*I'd like to see a citation for that.
>>
>> Jill

> https://www.chefboyardee.com/product...ausage-ravioli

Oh wow! Thanks for the search! I still really cannot imagine actually
wanting Chef Boyardee whatever. But you did discover a citation.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/12/2019 8:22 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 2/12/2019 7:04 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>>> I read that and thought "HUH?" too, Gary.Â* Not that I look for it but
>>> I've never heard of Chef Boyardee (any kind) having a "sausage"
>>> version. Â*Â*I'd like to see a citation for that.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> https://www.chefboyardee.com/product...ausage-ravioli
>>

> Oh wow!Â* Thanks for the search!Â* I still really cannot imagine actually
> wanting Chef Boyardee whatever. But you did discover a citation.
>
> Jill

Just don't expect a taste test. I won't go there.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> The overstuffed is what I usually buy. Some stores don't carry it. But I
>> only buy the beef. Not the sausage.

> HUH? They sell sausage versions of this? Never seen it here but
> if I do, I'll definitely try a can. Probably much more
> flavorable.

They did. Spicy sausage. Not sure if it is still being made or not,

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 2/12/2019 1:45 PM, Gary wrote:
>> Julie Bove wrote:
>>>
>>> The overstuffed is what I usually buy. Some stores don't carry it. But I
>>> only buy the beef. Not the sausage.

>> HUH? They sell sausage versions of this? Never seen it here but
>> if I do, I'll definitely try a can. Probably much more
>> flavorable.
>>

> I read that and thought "HUH?" too, Gary. Not that I look for it but I've
> never heard of Chef Boyardee (any kind) having a "sausage" version. I'd
> like to see a citation for that.
>
> Jill

Here is the sausage:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Chef-Boya...15-oz/10321010

https://www.amazon.com/Chef-Boyardee...003XUJ564?th=1

I could have sworn that I bought a spicy sausage some years ago for my then
husband. Now all I see is spicy beef:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Chef-Boya...15-oz/29070240

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Julie Bove wrote:

>> > It sounds like somebody using up everything you buy while he can.
>> > It sound like he feels right at home.
>> >
>> > =-sw

>> He should feel right at home. He LIVES here!

> Probably inside now? You have snow and your back house has no
> heat or plumbing. I remember. So if he lives in your house or
> property, is he paying some kind of rent? He should be.

It has heat. Just no way to get water from there. I was told we could put a
hose type faucet there but it's too far from the main line to get the water
back out. And no, he doesn't pay rent. He can stay in that building but I
can't legally rent it. Why is everyone here all up in my business?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 2/11/2019 8:55 AM, Roy wrote:

>>> The gardener was never my BF and he was also never married or a foodie.
>>> And
>>> yes, I do have honeys hovering around. Sorry if you're jealous.

>> Betcha it isn't for the food. Julie isn't into 'gourmet' judging by
>> previous
>> postings.
>>

> I don't actually care if her gardener was her boyfriend or married or not.
> Or how many "boyfriends" she's had before, during or since her divorce.
> I'm certainly not jealous. As for her/their taste in food, she started
> the thread about Chef Boyardee 'Throwback' canned pasta. AFAIC, that
> pretty much sums up the "foodie" factor. Or lack thereof.

Wrong! We had three extended power outages prior to winter. We lucked out
once as the power went out just as I drove up. I had purchased a lot of
cheese, canned pineapple, and raw veggies. I put that stuff in some
insulated bags. We simply ate some from the bags for dinner so I didn't have
to open the fridge.

Since then, we have had several more outages from the snow. I had no way to
cook during an outage. My gardener did bring me a generator a couple of
nights ago. So now that could be an option. I would prefer not to use it
though. I do have a gas water heater so I can put a can of food in a pan of
hot water and at least take the chill off of it.

I never claimed to be a foodie. I just like to cook and bake.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/13/2019 7:19 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message

>>> Betcha it isn't for the food. Julie isn't into 'gourmet' judging by
>>> previous
>>> postings.
>>>

>> I don't actually care if her gardener was her boyfriend or married or
>> not. Or how many "boyfriends" she's had before, during or since her
>> divorce. I'm certainly not jealous.Â* As for her/their taste in food,
>> she started the thread about Chef Boyardee 'Throwback' canned pasta.
>> AFAIC, that pretty much sums up the "foodie" factor.Â* Or lack thereof.

> Wrong! We had three extended power outages prior to winter.

(snipped a bunch of crap)

Stop trying to deflect. You didn't mention being snowed in or needing
canned beefaroni or whatever this "Throwback" stuff is. You asked if
anyone had tried it. Now you're just making excuses about why you buy
shit like this. For $1.58/can. In case I forgot to answer the original
question, NO, I've never bought canned Chef Boyardee Throwback pasta.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/13/2019 7:09 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> It has heat. Just no way to get water from there. I was told we could
> put a hose type faucet there but it's too far from the main line to get
> the water back out. And no, he doesn't pay rent. He can stay in that
> building but I can't legally rent it. Why is everyone here all up in my
> business?

LOLOL Because you keep *telling* everyone! You're the one who provides
the huge backstory about your gardener and hint about your BF's or
whoever else you seem to want everyone to know about.

Your initial question seemed to be has anyone else tried this
"throwback" Chef Boyardee stuff. If I neglected to answer, I'm saying
now: No.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/12/2019 9:34 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 2/12/2019 8:22 PM, jmcquown wrote:

>>> https://www.chefboyardee.com/product...ausage-ravioli
>>>

>> Oh wow!Â* Thanks for the search!Â* I still really cannot imagine
>> actually wanting Chef Boyardee whatever. But you did discover a
>> citation.
>>
>> Jill

> Just don't expect a taste test.Â* I won't go there.

Don't worry, I won't! I don't tend to buy things like canned ravioli.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/13/2019 7:06 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message

>>> HUH?Â* They sell sausage versions of this? Never seen it here but
>>> if I do, I'll definitely try a can. Probably much more
>>> flavorable.
>>>

>> I read that and thought "HUH?" too, Gary.Â* Not that I look for it but
>> I've never heard of Chef Boyardee (any kind) having a "sausage"
>> version. I'd like to see a citation for that.
>>
>> Jill

> Here is the sausage:
>
> https://www.walmart.com/ip/Chef-Boya...15-oz/10321010
>

> https://www.amazon.com/Chef-Boyardee...003XUJ564?th=1
>

> I could have sworn that I bought a spicy sausage some years ago for my
> then husband. Now all I see is spicy beef:
>
> https://www.walmart.com/ip/Chef-Boya...15-oz/29070240

Thanks for the link. It's not something I'd ever heard of or would
think of buying. That was my point.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 2/13/2019 7:09 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> It has heat. Just no way to get water from there. I was told we could put
>> a hose type faucet there but it's too far from the main line to get the
>> water back out. And no, he doesn't pay rent. He can stay in that building
>> but I can't legally rent it. Why is everyone here all up in my business?

> LOLOL Because you keep *telling* everyone! You're the one who provides
> the huge backstory about your gardener and hint about your BF's or whoever
> else you seem to want everyone to know about.

Actually no. People keep posting misinformation and I keep correcting them.

> Your initial question seemed to be has anyone else tried this "throwback"
> Chef Boyardee stuff. If I neglected to answer, I'm saying now: No.

Thanks!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 2/13/2019 7:19 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> I don't actually care if her gardener was her boyfriend or married or
>>> not. Or how many "boyfriends" she's had before, during or since her
>>> divorce. I'm certainly not jealous. As for her/their taste in food, she
>>> started the thread about Chef Boyardee 'Throwback' canned pasta. AFAIC,
>>> that pretty much sums up the "foodie" factor. Or lack thereof.

>> Wrong! We had three extended power outages prior to winter.

> (snipped a bunch of crap)
>
> Stop trying to deflect. You didn't mention being snowed in or needing
> canned beefaroni or whatever this "Throwback" stuff is. You asked if
> anyone had tried it. Now you're just making excuses about why you buy
> shit like this. For $1.58/can. In case I forgot to answer the original
> question, NO, I've never bought canned Chef Boyardee Throwback pasta.

Yeah. I got that. You seem to think that I eat this stuff on a regular
basis. No.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> Just don't expect a taste test. I won't go there.

If either of you need some tissues for the nosebleeds, just let
me know.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/14/2019 6:35 AM, Gary wrote:

>>> jmcquown wrote:
>>> Oh wow! Thanks for the search! I still really cannot imagine actually
>>> wanting Chef Boyardee whatever. But you did discover a citation.

> Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> Just don't expect a taste test. I won't go there.

> If either of you need some tissues for the nosebleeds, just let
> me know.

There is a tissue dispenser in the saddle of my high horse.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> "Gary" > wrote in message
> > Julie Bove wrote:

> some >>>> guacamole, added some soup. Topped that with some salad
> that was asst. >>>> vegetables with olives, Feta cheese and pecans.
> Added a goodly drizzle >> of >>>> honey on top. There may have been
> more things he added that I left out >>>> but I

> keep >>>> looking

> > > He should feel right at home. He LIVES here!

> > Probably inside now? You have snow and your back house has no
> > heat or plumbing. I remember. So if he lives in your house or
> > property, is he paying some kind of rent? He should be.

> It has heat. Just no way to get water from there. I was told we could
> put a hose type faucet there but it's too far from the main line to
> get the water back out. And no, he doesn't pay rent. He can stay in
> that building but I can't legally rent it. Why is everyone here all
> up in my business?

There's some very innovative solutions used with RV's that he might
have added for basic plumbing. Even small 5gallon electric hot water
heaters that aren't very expensive and can handle a small tub type bath
(some run off liquid propane bottles and you just fill with water then
turn it on). I was looking at some of them for a camper friend of mine.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> On 2/13/2019 7:19 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> > > I don't actually care if her gardener was her boyfriend or
> > > married or not. Or how many "boyfriends" she's had before,
> > > during or since her divorce. I'm certainly not jealous.Â* As for
> > > her/their taste in food, she started the thread about Chef
> > > Boyardee 'Throwback' canned pasta. AFAIC, that pretty much sums
> > > up the "foodie" factor.Â* Or lack thereof.

> > Wrong! We had three extended power outages prior to winter.

> (snipped a bunch of crap)
>
> Stop trying to deflect. You didn't mention being snowed in or
> needing canned beefaroni or whatever this "Throwback" stuff is. You
> asked if anyone had tried it. Now you're just making excuses about
> why you buy shit like this. For $1.58/can. In case I forgot to
> answer the original question, NO, I've never bought canned Chef
> Boyardee Throwback pasta.
>
> Jill

I think I might have at some point as it sounds familiar. All I recall
was it wasn't overtly impressive. Probably I had a coupon and wanted
to 'try something new to me'.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cshenk" wrote in message

Julie Bove wrote:

> "Gary" > wrote in message
> > Julie Bove wrote:

> some >>>> guacamole, added some soup. Topped that with some salad
> that was asst. >>>> vegetables with olives, Feta cheese and pecans.
> Added a goodly drizzle >> of >>>> honey on top. There may have been
> more things he added that I left out >>>> but I

> keep >>>> looking

> > > He should feel right at home. He LIVES here!

> > Probably inside now? You have snow and your back house has no
> > heat or plumbing. I remember. So if he lives in your house or
> > property, is he paying some kind of rent? He should be.

> It has heat. Just no way to get water from there. I was told we could
> put a hose type faucet there but it's too far from the main line to
> get the water back out. And no, he doesn't pay rent. He can stay in
> that building but I can't legally rent it. Why is everyone here all
> up in my business?

There's some very innovative solutions used with RV's that he might
have added for basic plumbing. Even small 5gallon electric hot water
heaters that aren't very expensive and can handle a small tub type bath
(some run off liquid propane bottles and you just fill with water then
turn it on). I was looking at some of them for a camper friend of mine.

==

Yes, we use something similar with ours.

Works very well!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cshenk" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove wrote:

>> some >>>> guacamole, added some soup. Topped that with some salad
>> that was asst. >>>> vegetables with olives, Feta cheese and pecans.
>> Added a goodly drizzle >> of >>>> honey on top. There may have been
>> more things he added that I left out >>>> but I

>> keep >>>> looking

>> > Probably inside now? You have snow and your back house has no
>> > heat or plumbing. I remember. So if he lives in your house or
>> > property, is he paying some kind of rent? He should be.

>> It has heat. Just no way to get water from there. I was told we could
>> put a hose type faucet there but it's too far from the main line to
>> get the water back out. And no, he doesn't pay rent. He can stay in
>> that building but I can't legally rent it. Why is everyone here all
>> up in my business?

> There's some very innovative solutions used with RV's that he might
> have added for basic plumbing. Even small 5gallon electric hot water
> heaters that aren't very expensive and can handle a small tub type bath
> (some run off liquid propane bottles and you just fill with water then
> turn it on). I was looking at some of them for a camper friend of mine.

Nope. I'm not adding anything there. He can always stay in this house if he
wants to. The problem with water is, there is no way to drain it back out.
Not like an RV. It's a building that won't move.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> The claim is that there is more meat in the old style and it's Angus beef.
> Also no high fructose corn syrup and the sauce is much thicker. A person who
> did a comparison thought there was far too much garlic in the old style.
> That could be it. I can handle a small amount of garlic but not too much.

OK Julie. I did the side by side comparison yesterday. I usually
buy the large ravoli or the lasagna but for this comparison I
bought Beefaroni only because that was the only one in store
with both versions.

Regular version is very watery (soupy). Way much water in it.
Beef is hardly recognizable. No garlicy taste worth mentioning.
Put this on your plate and it will run over the entire plate.

Throwback version is thick, no running from the pile. You can
pile it up and it stays piled up. Lots more beef and a much
better flavor all around. It's definitely a huge improvement in
texture and taste.

IMO, this 'Throwback' version is worth every extra penny compared
to the regular stuff. If that was their original recipe years
ago, shame on them for dumbing it down just to save pennies since
then.

I do buy 3-4 cans per year and I WILL buy the Throwback from now
on.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 15 Feb 2019 09:30:56 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> The claim is that there is more meat in the old style and it's Angus beef.
>> Also no high fructose corn syrup and the sauce is much thicker. A person who
>> did a comparison thought there was far too much garlic in the old style.
>> That could be it. I can handle a small amount of garlic but not too much.

>OK Julie. I did the side by side comparison yesterday. I usually
>buy the large ravoli or the lasagna but for this comparison I
>bought Beefaroni only because that was the only one in store
>with both versions.
>
>Regular version is very watery (soupy). Way much water in it.
>Beef is hardly recognizable. No garlicy taste worth mentioning.
>Put this on your plate and it will run over the entire plate.
>
>Throwback version is thick, no running from the pile. You can
>pile it up and it stays piled up. Lots more beef and a much
>better flavor all around. It's definitely a huge improvement in
>texture and taste.
>
>IMO, this 'Throwback' version is worth every extra penny compared
>to the regular stuff. If that was their original recipe years
>ago, shame on them for dumbing it down just to save pennies since
>then.
>
>I do buy 3-4 cans per year and I WILL buy the Throwback from now
>on.

Yoose all should be embarrassed to advertise that yoose all buy that
doodoo... it's very easy to make your own by the big potful and freeze
portions... would be a much better product and would cost far less.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Feb 2019 09:30:56 -0500, Gary > wrote:
>
> >Julie Bove wrote:
> >>
> >> The claim is that there is more meat in the old style and it's Angus beef.
> >> Also no high fructose corn syrup and the sauce is much thicker. A person who
> >> did a comparison thought there was far too much garlic in the old style.
> >> That could be it. I can handle a small amount of garlic but not too much.

> >OK Julie. I did the side by side comparison yesterday. I usually
> >buy the large ravoli or the lasagna but for this comparison I
> >bought Beefaroni only because that was the only one in store
> >with both versions.
> >
> >Regular version is very watery (soupy). Way much water in it.
> >Beef is hardly recognizable. No garlicy taste worth mentioning.
> >Put this on your plate and it will run over the entire plate.
> >
> >Throwback version is thick, no running from the pile. You can
> >pile it up and it stays piled up. Lots more beef and a much
> >better flavor all around. It's definitely a huge improvement in
> >texture and taste.
> >
> >IMO, this 'Throwback' version is worth every extra penny compared
> >to the regular stuff. If that was their original recipe years
> >ago, shame on them for dumbing it down just to save pennies since
> >then.
> >
> >I do buy 3-4 cans per year and I WILL buy the Throwback from now
> >on.

> Yoose all should be embarrassed to advertise that yoose all buy that
> doodoo... it's very easy to make your own by the big potful and freeze
> portions... would be a much better product and would cost far less.

Both you and Jill always say that...."easier to make your own"
Both of you are retired and have all the time in the world to
make your own but not always with working people. Get real.

I keep some canned food for emergency situations where frozen
food might thaw. Not all canned food is bad. You buy plenty of it
yourself....like cases of Progresso soup.

Hey....YOOSE like spam. Yoose could make that yourself too from
scratch fresh pig and using RO water. Yet yoose still buy and
like spam. So....bite me.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/15/2019 11:24 AM, Gary wrote:
> wrote:

>>> OK Julie. I did the side by side comparison yesterday. I usually
>>> buy the large ravoli or the lasagna but for this comparison I
>>> bought Beefaroni only because that was the only one in store
>>> with both versions.
>>>
>>> Regular version is very watery (soupy). Way much water in it.
>>> Beef is hardly recognizable. No garlicy taste worth mentioning.
>>> Put this on your plate and it will run over the entire plate.
>>>
>>> Throwback version is thick, no running from the pile. You can
>>> pile it up and it stays piled up. Lots more beef and a much
>>> better flavor all around. It's definitely a huge improvement in
>>> texture and taste.
>>>
>>> IMO, this 'Throwback' version is worth every extra penny compared
>>> to the regular stuff. If that was their original recipe years
>>> ago, shame on them for dumbing it down just to save pennies since
>>> then.
>>>
>>> I do buy 3-4 cans per year and I WILL buy the Throwback from now
>>> on.

>> Yoose all should be embarrassed to advertise that yoose all buy that
>> doodoo... it's very easy to make your own by the big potful and freeze
>> portions... would be a much better product and would cost far less.

> Both you and Jill always say that...."easier to make your own"
> Both of you are retired and have all the time in the world to
> make your own but not always with working people. Get real.

I guess I didn't post enough of my personal business for you to notice.
I'm working part time again. I've been working since the end of January.

Even all the years I worked full time I've *always* cooked meals with
leftovers in mind for the freezer. Even after I moved here I never
stopped doing that. That's why I *have* a second freezer.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> I guess I didn't post enough of my personal business for you to notice.
> I'm working part time again. I've been working since the end of January.

lol Yeah...you're finally working PART TIME for a whole 2 weeks
now. So you buy a premade frozen pizza now to save time and
energy. splat@
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/15/2019 12:23 PM, Gary wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> I guess I didn't post enough of my personal business for you to notice.
>> I'm working part time again. I've been working since the end of January.

> lol Yeah...you're finally working PART TIME for a whole 2 weeks
> now. So you buy a premade frozen pizza now to save time and
> energy. splat@

Excuse me, but why does it matter? It was a good frozen pizza. I was
tired when I got home, so what?

I've always cooked lots of food ahead of time so I'll have homemade
freezer meals. So what if I wanted a store bought pizza for a change?
Yeesh.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, February 15, 2019 at 11:24:31 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> wrote:

> > >OK Julie. I did the side by side comparison yesterday. I usually
> > >buy the large ravoli or the lasagna but for this comparison I
> > >bought Beefaroni only because that was the only one in store
> > >with both versions.
> > >
> > >Regular version is very watery (soupy). Way much water in it.
> > >Beef is hardly recognizable. No garlicy taste worth mentioning.
> > >Put this on your plate and it will run over the entire plate.
> > >
> > >Throwback version is thick, no running from the pile. You can
> > >pile it up and it stays piled up. Lots more beef and a much
> > >better flavor all around. It's definitely a huge improvement in
> > >texture and taste.
> > >
> > >IMO, this 'Throwback' version is worth every extra penny compared
> > >to the regular stuff. If that was their original recipe years
> > >ago, shame on them for dumbing it down just to save pennies since
> > >then.
> > >
> > >I do buy 3-4 cans per year and I WILL buy the Throwback from now
> > >on.

> > Yoose all should be embarrassed to advertise that yoose all buy that
> > doodoo... it's very easy to make your own by the big potful and freeze
> > portions... would be a much better product and would cost far less.

> Both you and Jill always say that...."easier to make your own"
> Both of you are retired and have all the time in the world to
> make your own but not always with working people. Get real.

I work and make my own. It just requires wanting to badly
enough. If your palate accepts canned and jarred stuff, fine.

This weekend I'm buying a turkey. Leftovers (including stock
made from the carcass) will be frozen.

Of course, that does require having an extra freezer, which as
a homeowner I am capable of having.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> "cshenk" wrote in message
>
> Julie Bove wrote:

> >some >>>> guacamole, added some soup. Topped that with some salad
> >that was asst. >>>> vegetables with olives, Feta cheese and pecans.
> >Added a goodly drizzle >> of >>>> honey on top. There may have been
> >more things he added that I left out >>>> but I

> >keep >>>> looking

> >> Probably inside now? You have snow and your back house has no
> >> heat or plumbing. I remember. So if he lives in your house or
> >> property, is he paying some kind of rent? He should be.

> > It has heat. Just no way to get water from there. I was told we
> > could put a hose type faucet there but it's too far from the main
> > line to get the water back out. And no, he doesn't pay rent. He can
> > stay in that building but I can't legally rent it. Why is everyone
> > here all up in my business?

> There's some very innovative solutions used with RV's that he might
> have added for basic plumbing. Even small 5gallon electric hot water
> heaters that aren't very expensive and can handle a small tub type
> bath (some run off liquid propane bottles and you just fill with
> water then turn it on). I was looking at some of them for a camper
> friend of mine.
>
> ==
>
> Yes, we use something similar with ours.
>
> Works very well!

Yup! My friends did end up ordering one I suggested and are awaiting
arrival. It wasn't too much money at all and is easy for them to take
with them. I think 200$ is a decent price. Anyways, these would be
things he'd add (then take with him when he moves). Has a sort of
spigot so if you have a hose to attach, it will pump out hot water at
the same rate as fed in (LP bottle).

They plan to add an attachment they can hang it from, to the top back
of the RV so it can be used with an 'out door shower' they put together
with PVC pipe. They already had the out door shower but said heating
some water from RV power (their level of it) was a PITA.

BTW, it's a really basic 'RV' so no, doesn't have a shower inside.
What they describe of the toilet is basically clumping cat litter
(grin). They enjoy driving off on long weekends and don't need much.

It interesed me to look up some possible things they might find useful
in the small space. Made my wandering foot happy to consider getting
something like that going.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> "cshenk" > wrote in message
> > Julie Bove wrote:

> cheese, >>some >>>> guacamole, added some soup. Topped that with some
> salad >>that was asst. >>>> vegetables with olives, Feta cheese and
> pecans. >>Added a goodly drizzle >> of >>>> honey on top. There may
> have been >>more things he added that I left out >>>> but I
> >>keep >>>> looking

> can. >>>>> It sound like he feels right at home.

> > > It has heat. Just no way to get water from there. I was told we
> > > could put a hose type faucet there but it's too far from the main
> > > line to get the water back out. And no, he doesn't pay rent. He
> > > can stay in that building but I can't legally rent it. Why is
> > > everyone here all up in my business?

> > There's some very innovative solutions used with RV's that he might
> > have added for basic plumbing. Even small 5gallon electric hot
> > water heaters that aren't very expensive and can handle a small tub
> > type bath (some run off liquid propane bottles and you just fill
> > with water then turn it on). I was looking at some of them for a
> > camper friend of mine.

> Nope. I'm not adding anything there. He can always stay in this house
> if he wants to. The problem with water is, there is no way to drain
> it back out. Not like an RV. It's a building that won't move.

Julie, I was talking RV's and at 5 gallons, he'd just dump the water
that had no more than a little ivory soap or something added.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:

> Julie Bove wrote:
> >
> > The claim is that there is more meat in the old style and it's
> > Angus beef. Also no high fructose corn syrup and the sauce is much
> > thicker. A person who did a comparison thought there was far too
> > much garlic in the old style. That could be it. I can handle a
> > small amount of garlic but not too much.

> OK Julie. I did the side by side comparison yesterday. I usually
> buy the large ravoli or the lasagna but for this comparison I
> bought Beefaroni only because that was the only one in store
> with both versions.
>
> Regular version is very watery (soupy). Way much water in it.
> Beef is hardly recognizable. No garlicy taste worth mentioning.
> Put this on your plate and it will run over the entire plate.
>
> Throwback version is thick, no running from the pile. You can
> pile it up and it stays piled up. Lots more beef and a much
> better flavor all around. It's definitely a huge improvement in
> texture and taste.
>
> IMO, this 'Throwback' version is worth every extra penny compared
> to the regular stuff. If that was their original recipe years
> ago, shame on them for dumbing it down just to save pennies since
> then.
>
> I do buy 3-4 cans per year and I WILL buy the Throwback from now
> on.

Humm! I only recall the sausage sort in that. I shall look again as
we do keep some of this type of food in the cans here. It's not just
store supplies, sometimes it's a fast fix doctored up with a bit of
onion and garlic.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cshenk" wrote in message

Ophelia wrote:

> "cshenk" wrote in message
>
> Julie Bove wrote:

> >some >>>> guacamole, added some soup. Topped that with some salad
> >that was asst. >>>> vegetables with olives, Feta cheese and pecans.
> >Added a goodly drizzle >> of >>>> honey on top. There may have been
> >more things he added that I left out >>>> but I

> >keep >>>> looking

> >> Probably inside now? You have snow and your back house has no
> >> heat or plumbing. I remember. So if he lives in your house or
> >> property, is he paying some kind of rent? He should be.

> > It has heat. Just no way to get water from there. I was told we
> > could put a hose type faucet there but it's too far from the main
> > line to get the water back out. And no, he doesn't pay rent. He can
> > stay in that building but I can't legally rent it. Why is everyone
> > here all up in my business?

> There's some very innovative solutions used with RV's that he might
> have added for basic plumbing. Even small 5gallon electric hot water
> heaters that aren't very expensive and can handle a small tub type
> bath (some run off liquid propane bottles and you just fill with
> water then turn it on). I was looking at some of them for a camper
> friend of mine.
>
> ==
>
> Yes, we use something similar with ours.
>
> Works very well!

Yup! My friends did end up ordering one I suggested and are awaiting
arrival. It wasn't too much money at all and is easy for them to take
with them. I think 200$ is a decent price. Anyways, these would be
things he'd add (then take with him when he moves). Has a sort of
spigot so if you have a hose to attach, it will pump out hot water at
the same rate as fed in (LP bottle).

They plan to add an attachment they can hang it from, to the top back
of the RV so it can be used with an 'out door shower' they put together
with PVC pipe. They already had the out door shower but said heating
some water from RV power (their level of it) was a PITA.

BTW, it's a really basic 'RV' so no, doesn't have a shower inside.
What they describe of the toilet is basically clumping cat litter
(grin). They enjoy driving off on long weekends and don't need much.

It interesed me to look up some possible things they might find useful
in the small space. Made my wandering foot happy to consider getting
something like that going.

==

Oh I think you would enjoy) Ours has a shower inside and guess what??? I
have my kitchen lol It is supposed to be a bedroom but ... heck you know
me)))

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, February 15, 2019 at 6:02:28 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:

> Yoose all should be embarrassed to advertise that yoose all buy that
> doodoo... it's very easy to make your own by the big potful and freeze
> portions... would be a much better product and would cost far less.

People that think it's easier to cook up a giant pot of stuff than open a little can probably need to get themselves a better can opener.

OTOH, if you're interested in recreating Boyardee pasta, first start by boiling macaroni until it's done and then continue boiling for about 10 minutes more. Mix in a good amount of Filipino spaghetti sauce and add a generous amount of American cheese. If you like, you can add a little bit of browned hamburger meat. When the cheese is melted, mix into the sauce. Dish out into little bowls and toss in the general direction of your little darlings while telling them to STFU and eat. Afterwards, they can have Popsicles.

https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/f7a...d57ad15.jp eg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, February 15, 2019 at 6:20:26 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
> On Friday, February 15, 2019 at 6:02:28 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
> >
> > Yoose all should be embarrassed to advertise that yoose all buy that
> > doodoo... it's very easy to make your own by the big potful and freeze
> > portions... would be a much better product and would cost far less.

> People that think it's easier to cook up a giant pot of stuff than open a little can probably need to get themselves a better can opener.

Not easier than a can, but not difficult. And a much, much better result.

For me, canned and jarred sauces and soups are much too sweet.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> "cshenk" wrote in message
>
> Ophelia wrote:
>

> > "cshenk" wrote in message
> >
> > Julie Bove wrote:

> cheese, >>some >>>> guacamole, added some soup. Topped that with some
> salad >>that was asst. >>>> vegetables with olives, Feta cheese and
> pecans. >>Added a goodly drizzle >> of >>>> honey on top. There may
> have been >>more things he added that I left out >>>> but I
> >>keep >>>> looking

> can. >>>>> It sound like he feels right at home.

> >> It has heat. Just no way to get water from there. I was told we
> >> could put a hose type faucet there but it's too far from the main
> >> line to get the water back out. And no, he doesn't pay rent. He can
> >> stay in that building but I can't legally rent it. Why is everyone
> >> here all up in my business?

> > There's some very innovative solutions used with RV's that he might
> > have added for basic plumbing. Even small 5gallon electric hot
> > water heaters that aren't very expensive and can handle a small tub
> > type bath (some run off liquid propane bottles and you just fill
> > with water then turn it on). I was looking at some of them for a
> > camper friend of mine.
> >
> > ==
> >
> > Yes, we use something similar with ours.
> >
> > Works very well!

> Yup! My friends did end up ordering one I suggested and are awaiting
> arrival. It wasn't too much money at all and is easy for them to take
> with them. I think 200$ is a decent price. Anyways, these would be
> things he'd add (then take with him when he moves). Has a sort of
> spigot so if you have a hose to attach, it will pump out hot water at
> the same rate as fed in (LP bottle).
>
> They plan to add an attachment they can hang it from, to the top back
> of the RV so it can be used with an 'out door shower' they put
> together with PVC pipe. They already had the out door shower but said
> heating some water from RV power (their level of it) was a PITA.
>
> BTW, it's a really basic 'RV' so no, doesn't have a shower inside.
> What they describe of the toilet is basically clumping cat litter
> (grin). They enjoy driving off on long weekends and don't need much.
>
> It interesed me to look up some possible things they might find useful
> in the small space. Made my wandering foot happy to consider getting
> something like that going.
>
> ==
>
> Oh I think you would enjoy) Ours has a shower inside and guess
> what??? I have my kitchen lol It is supposed to be a bedroom but
> ... heck you know me)))

Yeah, I saw a cute rental that might be fun. I liked the type where it
has it's own truck and isn't much more than a 2 person thing. I can
work with a cube fridge and 1 burner. Off looking at some of the
mini-showers.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On Friday, February 15, 2019 at 6:20:26 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
> > On Friday, February 15, 2019 at 6:02:28 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
> > >
> > > Yoose all should be embarrassed to advertise that yoose all buy
> > > that doodoo... it's very easy to make your own by the big potful
> > > and freeze portions... would be a much better product and would
> > > cost far less.

> > People that think it's easier to cook up a giant pot of stuff than
> > open a little can probably need to get themselves a better can
> > opener.

> Not easier than a can, but not difficult. And a much, much better
> result.
> For me, canned and jarred sauces and soups are much too sweet.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Mostly the canned and jarred sauces (especially in the so called more
high scale brands) add a lot of sugar and/or salt to them. Haven't
noted a sweet soup yet but there probably are some.

I'm peeking over what to start for the weekend cookery and thinking of
a diced tomato based soup with dried beans and zuccini. I have some
leftover pork and rice based meatloaf that would fit in nicely. The
flavors would work well with aniseed

I have to keep it low-cal as well as our daughter is going into the
Navy but we have to trim her a little and get her better at running and
such. She was 8lbs over the limit when we made the initial visit 4
weeks ago and now shes 1.5lbs over the limit and working out every day.

Her aim right now is 6 days a week she has 300 calories per meal, plus
200 in 'snacks'. One day a week she gets to 'cheat' with a 600 calorie
meal paired to 2 300 calorie ones and 200 in snacks. It's working fine
obviously.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 Feb 2019 03:17:59 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Friday, February 15, 2019 at 6:20:26 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
>> On Friday, February 15, 2019 at 6:02:28 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
>> >
>> > Yoose all should be embarrassed to advertise that yoose all buy that
>> > doodoo... it's very easy to make your own by the big potful and freeze
>> > portions... would be a much better product and would cost far less.

>> People that think it's easier to cook up a giant pot of stuff than open a little can probably need to get themselves a better can opener.

>Not easier than a can, but not difficult. And a much, much better result.
>
>For me, canned and jarred sauces and soups are much too sweet.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

Perhaps they've improved some but the last time I tried jarred pasta
sauce has to be twenty years ago and it was awful. lacked any
semblance to Italian flavor and barely tasted of tomato, was just red
glop.

I find preparing a large pot (12 qts) of pasta sauce very easy,
practically cooks itself. I begin by browning a few shoulder pork
chops and/or saw-seege. Then toss in a couple large diced onions;
these days I prefer sweet onions. When the onion softens but not
browned add a full head of minced garlic... I much prefer minced, no
garlic press sludge. Then add ten cans of crushed tomatoes, a couple
three bay leaves, and a Tbls Italian herbs. Put to a slow simmer and
cook about an hour. Ladle into pint and quart containers. I do this
in winter so place in my garage to cool, then into the freezer.
Sometimes I change up the flavor by adding bell pepper, fennel seeds,
a bit of hot pepper flakes, whatever. Mange!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, February 16, 2019 at 10:44:36 AM UTC-5, cshenk wrote:
> Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> > > People that think it's easier to cook up a giant pot of stuff than
> > > open a little can probably need to get themselves a better can
> > > opener.

> > Not easier than a can, but not difficult. And a much, much better
> > result.
> > For me, canned and jarred sauces and soups are much too sweet.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton

> Mostly the canned and jarred sauces (especially in the so called more
> high scale brands) add a lot of sugar and/or salt to them. Haven't
> noted a sweet soup yet but there probably are some.

Campbell's tomato soup is horribly sweet. So's the vegetarian vegetable.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cshenk" wrote in message

Ophelia wrote:

> "cshenk" wrote in message
>
> Ophelia wrote:
>

> > "cshenk" wrote in message
> >
> > Julie Bove wrote:

> cheese, >>some >>>> guacamole, added some soup. Topped that with some
> salad >>that was asst. >>>> vegetables with olives, Feta cheese and
> pecans. >>Added a goodly drizzle >> of >>>> honey on top. There may
> have been >>more things he added that I left out >>>> but I
> >>keep >>>> looking

> can. >>>>> It sound like he feels right at home.

> >> It has heat. Just no way to get water from there. I was told we
> >> could put a hose type faucet there but it's too far from the main
> >> line to get the water back out. And no, he doesn't pay rent. He can
> >> stay in that building but I can't legally rent it. Why is everyone
> >> here all up in my business?

> > There's some very innovative solutions used with RV's that he might
> > have added for basic plumbing. Even small 5gallon electric hot
> > water heaters that aren't very expensive and can handle a small tub
> > type bath (some run off liquid propane bottles and you just fill
> > with water then turn it on). I was looking at some of them for a
> > camper friend of mine.
> >
> > ==
> >
> > Yes, we use something similar with ours.
> >
> > Works very well!

> Yup! My friends did end up ordering one I suggested and are awaiting
> arrival. It wasn't too much money at all and is easy for them to take
> with them. I think 200$ is a decent price. Anyways, these would be
> things he'd add (then take with him when he moves). Has a sort of
> spigot so if you have a hose to attach, it will pump out hot water at
> the same rate as fed in (LP bottle).
>
> They plan to add an attachment they can hang it from, to the top back
> of the RV so it can be used with an 'out door shower' they put
> together with PVC pipe. They already had the out door shower but said
> heating some water from RV power (their level of it) was a PITA.
>
> BTW, it's a really basic 'RV' so no, doesn't have a shower inside.
> What they describe of the toilet is basically clumping cat litter
> (grin). They enjoy driving off on long weekends and don't need much.
>
> It interesed me to look up some possible things they might find useful
> in the small space. Made my wandering foot happy to consider getting
> something like that going.
>
> ==
>
> Oh I think you would enjoy) Ours has a shower inside and guess
> what??? I have my kitchen lol It is supposed to be a bedroom but
> ... heck you know me)))

Yeah, I saw a cute rental that might be fun. I liked the type where it
has it's own truck and isn't much more than a 2 person thing. I can
work with a cube fridge and 1 burner. Off looking at some of the
mini-showers.
==

Good luck) We keep ours on a farm in Yorkshire and we go down whenever we
want Back in the day we used to travel with it, but these days we are
more then happy on the farm

btw our shower is in the same tiny (room?) with the toilet. We just have to
shut a door to close off the toilet itself and the shower is on the wall.

Do let me know what you find and if it is good for you)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cshenk" wrote in message

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On Friday, February 15, 2019 at 6:20:26 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
> > On Friday, February 15, 2019 at 6:02:28 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
> > >
> > > Yoose all should be embarrassed to advertise that yoose all buy
> > > that doodoo... it's very easy to make your own by the big potful
> > > and freeze portions... would be a much better product and would
> > > cost far less.

> > People that think it's easier to cook up a giant pot of stuff than
> > open a little can probably need to get themselves a better can
> > opener.

> Not easier than a can, but not difficult. And a much, much better
> result.
> For me, canned and jarred sauces and soups are much too sweet.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Mostly the canned and jarred sauces (especially in the so called more
high scale brands) add a lot of sugar and/or salt to them. Haven't
noted a sweet soup yet but there probably are some.

I'm peeking over what to start for the weekend cookery and thinking of
a diced tomato based soup with dried beans and zuccini. I have some
leftover pork and rice based meatloaf that would fit in nicely. The
flavors would work well with aniseed

I have to keep it low-cal as well as our daughter is going into the
Navy but we have to trim her a little and get her better at running and
such. She was 8lbs over the limit when we made the initial visit 4
weeks ago and now shes 1.5lbs over the limit and working out every day.

Her aim right now is 6 days a week she has 300 calories per meal, plus
200 in 'snacks'. One day a week she gets to 'cheat' with a 600 calorie
meal paired to 2 300 calorie ones and 200 in snacks. It's working fine
obviously.

==

Lovely, following in your footsteps eh) I wish her good luck

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> [...]

> > Oh I think you would enjoy) Ours has a shower inside and guess
> > what??? I have my kitchen lol It is supposed to be a bedroom but
> > ... heck you know me)))

> Yeah, I saw a cute rental that might be fun. I liked the type where
> it has it's own truck and isn't much more than a 2 person thing. I can
> work with a cube fridge and 1 burner. Off looking at some of the
> mini-showers.
> ==
>
> Good luck) We keep ours on a farm in Yorkshire and we go down
> whenever we want Back in the day we used to travel with it, but
> these days we are more then happy on the farm
>
> btw our shower is in the same tiny (room?) with the toilet. We just
> have to shut a door to close off the toilet itself and the shower is
> on the wall.
>
> Do let me know what you find and if it is good for you)

Not sure we will do more than maybe rent one! Fun idea though!
Carol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On Saturday, February 16, 2019 at 10:44:36 AM UTC-5, cshenk wrote:
> > Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> > > Not easier than a can, but not difficult. And a much, much better
> > > result.
> > > For me, canned and jarred sauces and soups are much too sweet.
> > >
> > > Cindy Hamilton

> > Mostly the canned and jarred sauces (especially in the so called
> > more high scale brands) add a lot of sugar and/or salt to them.
> > Haven't noted a sweet soup yet but there probably are some.

> Campbell's tomato soup is horribly sweet. So's the vegetarian
> vegetable.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Umm, might you be interpreting lack of salt as 'sweet' there? Neither
has sugar added at all.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> "cshenk" wrote in message
>
> Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> >> People that think it's easier to cook up a giant pot of stuff than
> >> open a little can probably need to get themselves a better can
> >> opener.

> > Not easier than a can, but not difficult. And a much, much better
> > result.
> > For me, canned and jarred sauces and soups are much too sweet.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton

> Mostly the canned and jarred sauces (especially in the so called more
> high scale brands) add a lot of sugar and/or salt to them. Haven't
> noted a sweet soup yet but there probably are some.
>
> I'm peeking over what to start for the weekend cookery and thinking of
> a diced tomato based soup with dried beans and zuccini. I have some
> leftover pork and rice based meatloaf that would fit in nicely. The
> flavors would work well with aniseed
>
> I have to keep it low-cal as well as our daughter is going into the
> Navy but we have to trim her a little and get her better at running
> and such. She was 8lbs over the limit when we made the initial visit
> 4 weeks ago and now shes 1.5lbs over the limit and working out every
> day.
>
> Her aim right now is 6 days a week she has 300 calories per meal, plus
> 200 in 'snacks'. One day a week she gets to 'cheat' with a 600
> calorie meal paired to 2 300 calorie ones and 200 in snacks. It's
> working fine obviously.
>
> ==
>
> Lovely, following in your footsteps eh) I wish her good luck

And her fathers as well with the Navy! Please don't mix us with
Sheldon. We are worlds apart from him.