Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dinner tonight (2/6/19)

Bruce wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Feb 2019 13:34:13 -0600, Hank Rogers >
> wrote:
>
>> Bruce wrote:

>>> Yes, it did vaguely remind me of Popeye:
>>>
>>> https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20131011035519
>>>
>>> Taking on Popeye... Bluto must have been blotto.
>>>

>> Nobody can beat Popeye ... he's the strongest man in the world.

> Even the nuns in the Vatican can't resist him.

Nor his Aunts.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 12 Feb 2019 17:45:03 -0600, Hank Rogers >
wrote:

>Bruce wrote:
>> On Tue, 12 Feb 2019 13:34:13 -0600, Hank Rogers >
>> wrote:

>>> Nobody can beat Popeye ... he's the strongest man in the world.

>> Even the nuns in the Vatican can't resist him.
>>

>Nor his Aunts.

I wonder how many *******s he's turned over the years.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 12 Feb 2019 13:50:22 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

snip

>My former MIL did a great job with her crock. The purslane was
>an especially nice addition. Yep, the weed found growing in
>sidewalk cracks all over suburbia.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

I've never tried purslane although I used to have plenty of it growing
everywhere. My mother was like your MIL. She grew up on a farm and
could point out all the good stuff growing along roadsides.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:

> On 2019-02-11 6:09 p.m., cshenk wrote:
> > Dave Smith wrote:
> >

> > > I don't know if he ever tried that but it is probably a good idea.
> > > Farmer John who owns the nursery behind us gave us carte blanche
> > > to walk our dogs on his property because he figures that their
> > > marking will scare the deer away. He may be overestimated the
> > > power of their ****.

> > LOL, but it does provide some deterrent

> Critters are funny about marking. I was walking my dog through the
> woods behind us and had to pee, so I peed on the trail. My dog
> either has super hearing or supper smell, but he came running and
> peed on the same spot I had. When we walked back there the next day
> there was a pile or coyote crap. On another part of that trail there
> used to be a huge hornet nest in a hole in the ground. I used to
> check on it once in a while. One morning I when I had a look at it
> there was a pile of coyote crap down the hole. That was one ballsy
> coyote.

WOW! Yup!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

https://www.wikihow.com/Pickle-Cauliflower

> >> It sounded interesting until I saw that huge amount of sugar.

> >I'm not fond of sweet-and-sour, either. Try this:
> >
> ><http://www.hipchickdigs.com/2008/08/making-a-dill-crock/>
> >
> >I learned this from my first husband's mother, who had a huge
> >garden.

> Thanks, I bookmarked it. I guess the environment in the jar is too
> sour to allow anything like salmonella to develop.

Yes, that's right, although botulism is also a concern with the
anaerobic environment in the jar.

And it's the perfect time of year for you, isn't it? Harvest time.

I recall my ex and I would fight over the pickled garlic cloves.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 13 Feb 2019 02:57:16 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, February 12, 2019 at 5:18:53 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>> On Tue, 12 Feb 2019 13:03:46 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

https://www.wikihow.com/Pickle-Cauliflower

>> >I'm not fond of sweet-and-sour, either. Try this:
>> >
>> ><http://www.hipchickdigs.com/2008/08/making-a-dill-crock/>
>> >
>> >I learned this from my first husband's mother, who had a huge
>> >garden.

>> Thanks, I bookmarked it. I guess the environment in the jar is too
>> sour to allow anything like salmonella to develop.

>Yes, that's right, although botulism is also a concern with the
>anaerobic environment in the jar.
>
>And it's the perfect time of year for you, isn't it? Harvest time.
>
>I recall my ex and I would fight over the pickled garlic cloves.

That sounds very good too. Yes, it's harvest time here, but we don't
have a veggie patch at the moment.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:

> Careful, when Gary says 'tease' it's gonna get nasty!

True enough many times. This is what people here (in my area, not
rfc) do all the time so it's natural teasing to me. Said with a
serious face but only to people that know that I'm kidding
around. I always mistakenly assume that RFC knows my 'Don Rickles
style' of humor by now. My "mean teasing" is always based on
reality. No one likes to be teased about something they actually
do.

Ever see a "Roast" on the Comedy Channel? That's my style of
humor.
All jokes are based on reality and mean but it's all in fun. The
target person
laughs and doesn't get offended. The target person also gets to
say the
final words.....right back at ya.

Did anyone here see the Donald Trump roast before the election?
Funny.

Dinner last night/ dinner tonight U.S. Janet B. General Cooking 17 02-03-2018 02:19 PM
Dinner Tonight Jude General Cooking 0 24-04-2006 11:44 PM
Dinner tonight limey General Cooking 1 23-04-2006 07:59 PM
Tonight's Dinner Damsel General Cooking 24 13-07-2005 10:20 PM