Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Publix supermarket and Detwilers Farm Market

On Fri, 25 Jan 2019 20:00:14 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> One nice thing where we are is a supermarket is one mile away.
> Fortunately, it is a good one, Publix.
>
> Prices are OK on most things, a little high on some. They do have a lot
> of BOGO items though. Produce, meats, bakery are good quality. Their
> price on Haagen Daz is $5.20. While that is the highest I've seen they
> had a BOGO for a week so I stocked up.

But do they have your Cabot cheese?

I saw Cabot Seriously Sharp at Costco again today. 2lbs bricks for
$3.99/lb.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/3/2019 9:23 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Jan 2019 20:00:14 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>
>> One nice thing where we are is a supermarket is one mile away.
>> Fortunately, it is a good one, Publix.
>>
>> Prices are OK on most things, a little high on some. They do have a lot
>> of BOGO items though. Produce, meats, bakery are good quality. Their
>> price on Haagen Daz is $5.20. While that is the highest I've seen they
>> had a BOGO for a week so I stocked up.

> But do they have your Cabot cheese?
>
> I saw Cabot Seriously Sharp at Costco again today. 2lbs bricks for
> $3.99/lb.
>
> -sw

They do. Not sure of the price but certainly more than Costco. They
also have an imported cheddar that is excellent too, store brand, in the
fancy cheese case, not the regular dairy case. It was 10.99/lb. Nice
treat, not for larger uses.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> I saw Cabot Seriously Sharp at Costco again today. 2lbs bricks for
> $3.99/lb.

That's large. My regular grocery stores only sells 8oz blocks. I
buy them when they go on sale for $2.50 each so that's a dollar
more per pound.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 3 Feb 2019 20:23:58 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Fri, 25 Jan 2019 20:00:14 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>
>> One nice thing where we are is a supermarket is one mile away.
>> Fortunately, it is a good one, Publix.
>>
>> Prices are OK on most things, a little high on some. They do have a lot
>> of BOGO items though. Produce, meats, bakery are good quality. Their
>> price on Haagen Daz is $5.20. While that is the highest I've seen they
>> had a BOGO for a week so I stocked up.

>But do they have your Cabot cheese?
>
>I saw Cabot Seriously Sharp at Costco again today. 2lbs bricks for
>$3.99/lb.
>
>-sw

One pounders were on sale last week at Tops for $1.88, got an
assortment of three, even I who is not particularly fond of cheddar
already polished one off by dicing the last third into last night's 18
egg fritatta.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 04 Feb 2019 10:57:15 -0500, Gary > wrote:

wrote:

>> Sqwertz wrote:
>> >I saw Cabot Seriously Sharp at Costco again today. 2lbs bricks for
>> >$3.99/lb.
>> >
>> >-sw

>> One pounders were on sale last week at Tops for $1.88,

>$1.88/lb for Cabot's Seriously Sharp cheese? Bullshit!

Do I need to scan the receipt?
Gary, you are the dumbest of dumb shmucks at RFC.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 04 Feb 2019 10:45:44 -0500, wrote:

> On Sun, 3 Feb 2019 20:23:58 -0600, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
>>I saw Cabot Seriously Sharp at Costco again today. 2lbs bricks for
>>$3.99/lb.

> One pounders were on sale last week at Tops for $1.88,

Yeah, I don't believe that one bit. Not even 1/128th of a bit.

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 9 Feb 2019 23:23:24 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Mon, 04 Feb 2019 10:45:44 -0500, wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 3 Feb 2019 20:23:58 -0600, Sqwertz >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>I saw Cabot Seriously Sharp at Costco again today. 2lbs bricks for
>>>$3.99/lb.

>> One pounders were on sale last week at Tops for $1.88,

>Yeah, I don't believe that one bit. Not even 1/128th of a bit.
>
>-sw

What's not to believe... not much difference in price... you're
arguing pennies... ~12¢. Do I need to scan/photograph the reciept...
you're not worth the effort. There is most definitely something wrong
with you.

And I still have two of those 1 pounders in the fridge unopened. For
some odd reason Tops usually has sale items priced with 8s... last
week 28 oz cans of Redpack tomatoes were a $1 per can but if you
bought 8 each cost 88¢. Yesterday, last day of the sale, I bought 8.
About a week ago my wife went to BJs with my list, I wrote 1 case of
crushed tomatoes. unbeknownst to me she bought whole tomatoes in
puree, and I only found out yesterday morning when I went down into
the basement and spotted the case of tomatoes she had put on the
shelf. I asked her why she got whole, she said they had no crushed.
She doesn't cook so doesn't realize the difference, to her they are
all tomatoes. I can't count how many times I asked her not to
substitute, I'd rather she just not buy the item, I'll pick it up at
Tops... I got a better buy on crushed at Tops anyway. Tops has good
sales but unless on sale everything at tops is pricy. On the same
list I wrote "Dark brown sugar", she said they had none so she came
home with a 2 lb bag of light brown... that much may last many years,
I rarely use light brown, maybe never. And I already had more than a
case of whole tomatoes in puree, luckily these are only 12 can cases.
Fortunately I like stewed tomatoes, occasionally I'll eat a can of
whole tomatoes right from the can. Canned whole tomatoes are better
tasting than typical stupidmarket fresh tomatoes. I learned a long
time ago not to argue about such trivial things, eventually those
surplus items will get used.

I don't always get to see what she bought until later because our
system evolved into that I tend to all the perishables right away
while she takes care of the non perishables but only if she feels like
it. Actually I'd rather take care of those too so I'll know where to
find things and when I see to the cases and multi-pacs I discard all
those wrappings too. I'd rather stack the cans... sometimes I'll find
a carton with one can in it, sometimes there are empty cartons on
shelves and in the kitchen cupboards. If she did kitchen work the
kitchen would look like how she keeps all her toiletries, looks like
an overfilled junk yard.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> So Hank, care to explain where your obsession with Sheldon stems from?
>>>

>>Actually, I used your relationship with Jill as a pattern. So, lemme ask
>>you how yoose became obsessed with me?
>>How bout John Kunthe? Just chocolate?

>I'm neither obsessed with John or you. Whereas you spend 90% of your
>RFC presence on Popeye and I was curious why.

There is entertainment value

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>>Actually, I used your relationship with Jill as a pattern. So, lemme ask
>>>you how yoose became obsessed with me?
>>>How bout John Kunthe? Just chocolate?

>>I'm neither obsessed with John or you. Whereas you spend 90% of your
>>RFC presence on Popeye and I was curious why.

>There is entertainment value

Yes and I'm not complaining. I was just curious if this antipathy
started with a disagreement about fountain pens. They seem to know
each other from a pen group, but I could be wrong.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> So Hank, care to explain where your obsession with Sheldon stems from?
>>>

>> Actually, I used your relationship with Jill as a pattern. So, lemme ask
>> you how yoose became obsessed with me?
>> How bout John Kunthe? Just chocolate?

> I'm neither obsessed with John or you. Whereas you spend 90% of your
> RFC presence on Popeye and I was curious why.

I take it yoose haven't read many of his posts.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> Actually, I used your relationship with Jill as a pattern. So, lemme ask
>>> you how yoose became obsessed with me?
>>> How bout John Kunthe? Just chocolate?

>> I'm neither obsessed with John or you. Whereas you spend 90% of your
>> RFC presence on Popeye and I was curious why.
>>

>I take it yoose haven't read many of his posts.

It's easy to dislike his bigotted, ignorant and foulmouthed posts, but
you seem to be extra motivated.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> I'm neither obsessed with John or you. Whereas you spend 90% of your
>>> RFC presence on Popeye and I was curious why.
>>>

>> I take it yoose haven't read many of his posts.

> It's easy to dislike his bigotted, ignorant and foulmouthed posts, but
> you seem to be extra motivated.

What can I say ... I guess it is a hobby.

Is it OK if I urinate on him?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> I take it yoose haven't read many of his posts.

>> It's easy to dislike his bigotted, ignorant and foulmouthed posts, but
>> you seem to be extra motivated.
>>

>What can I say ... I guess it is a hobby.
>
>Is it OK if I urinate on him?

Sure, just don't mess up his hair.