Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default How do you pronounce spaetzle?

Spetzle. They are kind of like a dumpling. My mom and her side of the Haegele family use to place the dough on a plate and she would "shave the dough off the edge of the plate with a butter knife and let them "drip into boiling hot salted water with oil until they floated. Some stores make a mix, but they come out a bit small. Some people like them large. I like them the size of a noodle. I pour gravy over them and lightly sprinkled with garlic powder. If I don't use salted water, then I use garlic salt. You can also fry them with scrambled eggs. They go good with PA Dutch Scrapple for breakfast. What is Scrapple? Pork, everything but the squeal. Farmer John's Scrapple is good. Floured and lightly fried. I like mine with katsup. Some people like it with a little Log Cabin maple syrup. Ed. Zimmerman, Jr. North Las Vegas, formerly Philadelphia, PA. Some people like them with Apple Sauce and Sour Cream. Some people like them with Cinnamon and sugar.

How do you pronounce spaetzle? Nancy2[_2_] General Cooking 12 15-11-2016 09:37 PM
How do you pronounce spaetzle? [email protected] General Cooking 1 11-11-2016 06:10 PM
Pronounce Montelena? JK Wine 28 27-02-2005 11:57 PM
How do you pronounce "clafoutis" ? Nancree General Cooking 9 15-02-2004 03:35 AM
How to pronounce Chayote? Jack B Mexican Cooking 6 07-10-2003 12:26 PM