Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Gado Gado

Well ... I made this recipe today and it went down very well

I still can't get the tofu to stay in one piece to fry in chunks!

I even bought this:

https://www.lakeland.co.uk/73399/Tof...190112131227:s

Heh it didn't stay long in one piece and it broke down into wee pieces.
This is exactly what happened before I bought the tufu press!

So, I did what I did the last time ... I fried the pieces for a while and
then added the sauce. After a while, I strained it and put it in the Air
fryer to crisp it up.

It came out as you see in the pic and he loved it. I guess I will be making
it like that from now on! Anyone want to by a tufu press? <g>

Anyway, this is what it looked like. Yes, those brown bits in the front are
the tofu lol At least the eggs, Chinese leaves, chopped tomatoes, cucumber
and potatoes cheer it up a bit

http://i65.tinypic.com/1zmjxhs.jpg

D. likes it just like that so ... I am a happy bunny))

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 Jan 2019 15:11:01 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>Well ... I made this recipe today and it went down very well
>
>I still can't get the tofu to stay in one piece to fry in chunks!
>
>I even bought this:
>
>https://www.lakeland.co.uk/73399/Tof...190112131227:s
>
>Heh it didn't stay long in one piece and it broke down into wee pieces.
>This is exactly what happened before I bought the tufu press!
>
>So, I did what I did the last time ... I fried the pieces for a while and
>then added the sauce. After a while, I strained it and put it in the Air
>fryer to crisp it up.
>
>It came out as you see in the pic and he loved it. I guess I will be making
>it like that from now on! Anyone want to by a tufu press? <g>
>
>Anyway, this is what it looked like. Yes, those brown bits in the front are
>the tofu lol At least the eggs, Chinese leaves, chopped tomatoes, cucumber
>and potatoes cheer it up a bit
>
>http://i65.tinypic.com/1zmjxhs.jpg
>
>D. likes it just like that so ... I am a happy bunny))

what a beautiful presentation!
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>Well ... I made this recipe today and it went down very well
>
>I still can't get the tofu to stay in one piece to fry in chunks!
>
>I even bought this:
>
>https://www.lakeland.co.uk/73399/Tof...190112131227:s
>
>Heh it didn't stay long in one piece and it broke down into wee pieces.
>This is exactly what happened before I bought the tufu press!
>
>So, I did what I did the last time ... I fried the pieces for a while and
>then added the sauce. After a while, I strained it and put it in the Air
>fryer to crisp it up.
>
>It came out as you see in the pic and he loved it. I guess I will be making
>it like that from now on! Anyone want to by a tufu press? <g>
>
>Anyway, this is what it looked like. Yes, those brown bits in the front are
>the tofu lol At least the eggs, Chinese leaves, chopped tomatoes, cucumber
>and potatoes cheer it up a bit
>
>http://i65.tinypic.com/1zmjxhs.jpg
>
>D. likes it just like that so ... I am a happy bunny))

Looks very good. I like satay sauce over just about everything. That's
a strange tofu problem, but I guess it doesn't affect the flavour.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>Well ... I made this recipe today and it went down very well
>
>I still can't get the tofu to stay in one piece to fry in chunks!
>
>I even bought this:
>
>https://www.lakeland.co.uk/73399/Tof...190112131227:s
>
>Heh it didn't stay long in one piece and it broke down into wee pieces.
>This is exactly what happened before I bought the tufu press!
>
>So, I did what I did the last time ... I fried the pieces for a while and
>then added the sauce. After a while, I strained it and put it in the Air
>fryer to crisp it up.
>
>It came out as you see in the pic and he loved it. I guess I will be
>making
>it like that from now on! Anyone want to by a tufu press? <g>
>
>Anyway, this is what it looked like. Yes, those brown bits in the front
>are
>the tofu lol At least the eggs, Chinese leaves, chopped tomatoes, cucumber
>and potatoes cheer it up a bit
>
>http://i65.tinypic.com/1zmjxhs.jpg
>
>D. likes it just like that so ... I am a happy bunny))

what a beautiful presentation!
Janet US

==

Aww thank you

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>Well ... I made this recipe today and it went down very well
>
>I still can't get the tofu to stay in one piece to fry in chunks!
>
>I even bought this:
>
>https://www.lakeland.co.uk/73399/Tof...190112131227:s
>
>Heh it didn't stay long in one piece and it broke down into wee pieces.
>This is exactly what happened before I bought the tufu press!
>
>So, I did what I did the last time ... I fried the pieces for a while and
>then added the sauce. After a while, I strained it and put it in the Air
>fryer to crisp it up.
>
>It came out as you see in the pic and he loved it. I guess I will be
>making
>it like that from now on! Anyone want to by a tufu press? <g>
>
>Anyway, this is what it looked like. Yes, those brown bits in the front
>are
>the tofu lol At least the eggs, Chinese leaves, chopped tomatoes, cucumber
>and potatoes cheer it up a bit
>
>http://i65.tinypic.com/1zmjxhs.jpg
>
>D. likes it just like that so ... I am a happy bunny))

Looks very good. I like satay sauce over just about everything. That's
a strange tofu problem, but I guess it doesn't affect the flavour.
==

He prefers it as it happens .. phew There is not so much flavour of tofu
but full of the flavour of the sauce. Oh and there was a dressing which
comprised mostly peanut butter with soy sauce, oyster sauce and sugar.
That went down like a ..... The sauce over the tofu was really good.

I ended up throwing the dressing away. Bleah

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, January 12, 2019 at 5:11:22 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> Well ... I made this recipe today and it went down very well
>
> I still can't get the tofu to stay in one piece to fry in chunks!
>
> I even bought this:
>
> https://www.lakeland.co.uk/73399/Tof...190112131227:s
>
> Heh it didn't stay long in one piece and it broke down into wee pieces.
> This is exactly what happened before I bought the tufu press!
>
> So, I did what I did the last time ... I fried the pieces for a while and
> then added the sauce. After a while, I strained it and put it in the Air
> fryer to crisp it up.
>
> It came out as you see in the pic and he loved it. I guess I will be making
> it like that from now on! Anyone want to by a tufu press? <g>
>
> Anyway, this is what it looked like. Yes, those brown bits in the front are
> the tofu lol At least the eggs, Chinese leaves, chopped tomatoes, cucumber
> and potatoes cheer it up a bit
>
> http://i65.tinypic.com/1zmjxhs.jpg
>
> D. likes it just like that so ... I am a happy bunny))

It's a nice plate. Make sure to use firm tofu and plenty of oil for frying. A non-stick pan is a good idea. If you don't want to use a lot of oil, use can probably just use the air fryer. You could also fry the tofu in a slab and then cut it up into cubes. That's what I do. Using this method, you can fry up soft tofu.

What I plan to do is to cut the firm tofu into cubes and add mix in a honey Sriracha dry rub. Let it sit for a while so it can firm up a bit. Then coat with cornstarch and fry it up. I predict it will be tasty even without peanut butter.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Saturday, January 12, 2019 at 5:11:22 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> Well ... I made this recipe today and it went down very well
>
> I still can't get the tofu to stay in one piece to fry in chunks!
>
> I even bought this:
>
> https://www.lakeland.co.uk/73399/Tof...190112131227:s
>
> Heh it didn't stay long in one piece and it broke down into wee pieces.
> This is exactly what happened before I bought the tufu press!
>
> So, I did what I did the last time ... I fried the pieces for a while and
> then added the sauce. After a while, I strained it and put it in the Air
> fryer to crisp it up.
>
> It came out as you see in the pic and he loved it. I guess I will be
> making
> it like that from now on! Anyone want to by a tufu press? <g>
>
> Anyway, this is what it looked like. Yes, those brown bits in the front
> are
> the tofu lol At least the eggs, Chinese leaves, chopped tomatoes,
> cucumber
> and potatoes cheer it up a bit
>
> http://i65.tinypic.com/1zmjxhs.jpg
>
> D. likes it just like that so ... I am a happy bunny))

It's a nice plate. Make sure to use firm tofu and plenty of oil for frying.
A non-stick pan is a good idea. If you don't want to use a lot of oil, use
can probably just use the air fryer. You could also fry the tofu in a slab
and then cut it up into cubes. That's what I do. Using this method, you can
fry up soft tofu.

What I plan to do is to cut the firm tofu into cubes and add mix in a honey
Sriracha dry rub. Let it sit for a while so it can firm up a bit. Then coat
with cornstarch and fry it up. I predict it will be tasty even without
peanut butter.

==

There was no chance of frying it on one piece It was firm tofu, but it
fell to pieces when i got it out of the press. The previous one did too
when I took it out of the box. Just as well he likes it the way it turned
out) Cubes?? not a hope!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 Jan 2019 17:42:22 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message ...
>
>On Sat, 12 Jan 2019 15:11:01 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:
>
>>Well ... I made this recipe today and it went down very well
>>
>>I still can't get the tofu to stay in one piece to fry in chunks!
>>
>>I even bought this:
>>
>>https://www.lakeland.co.uk/73399/Tof...190112131227:s
>>
>>Heh it didn't stay long in one piece and it broke down into wee pieces.
>>This is exactly what happened before I bought the tufu press!
>>
>>So, I did what I did the last time ... I fried the pieces for a while and
>>then added the sauce. After a while, I strained it and put it in the Air
>>fryer to crisp it up.
>>
>>It came out as you see in the pic and he loved it. I guess I will be
>>making
>>it like that from now on! Anyone want to by a tufu press? <g>
>>
>>Anyway, this is what it looked like. Yes, those brown bits in the front
>>are
>>the tofu lol At least the eggs, Chinese leaves, chopped tomatoes, cucumber
>>and potatoes cheer it up a bit
>>
>>http://i65.tinypic.com/1zmjxhs.jpg
>>
>>D. likes it just like that so ... I am a happy bunny))

>Looks very good. I like satay sauce over just about everything. That's
>a strange tofu problem, but I guess it doesn't affect the flavour.
>==
>
>He prefers it as it happens .. phew There is not so much flavour of tofu
>but full of the flavour of the sauce. Oh and there was a dressing which
>comprised mostly peanut butter with soy sauce, oyster sauce and sugar.
>That went down like a ..... The sauce over the tofu was really good.
>
>I ended up throwing the dressing away. Bleah

Maybe the oyster sauce was too much?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, January 12, 2019 at 8:10:11 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Saturday, January 12, 2019 at 5:11:22 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > Well ... I made this recipe today and it went down very well
> >
> > I still can't get the tofu to stay in one piece to fry in chunks!
> >
> > I even bought this:
> >
> > https://www.lakeland.co.uk/73399/Tof...190112131227:s
> >
> > Heh it didn't stay long in one piece and it broke down into wee pieces.
> > This is exactly what happened before I bought the tufu press!
> >
> > So, I did what I did the last time ... I fried the pieces for a while and
> > then added the sauce. After a while, I strained it and put it in the Air
> > fryer to crisp it up.
> >
> > It came out as you see in the pic and he loved it. I guess I will be
> > making
> > it like that from now on! Anyone want to by a tufu press? <g>
> >
> > Anyway, this is what it looked like. Yes, those brown bits in the front
> > are
> > the tofu lol At least the eggs, Chinese leaves, chopped tomatoes,
> > cucumber
> > and potatoes cheer it up a bit
> >
> > http://i65.tinypic.com/1zmjxhs.jpg
> >
> > D. likes it just like that so ... I am a happy bunny))

> It's a nice plate. Make sure to use firm tofu and plenty of oil for frying.
> A non-stick pan is a good idea. If you don't want to use a lot of oil, use
> can probably just use the air fryer. You could also fry the tofu in a slab
> and then cut it up into cubes. That's what I do. Using this method, you can
> fry up soft tofu.
>
> What I plan to do is to cut the firm tofu into cubes and add mix in a honey
> Sriracha dry rub. Let it sit for a while so it can firm up a bit. Then coat
> with cornstarch and fry it up. I predict it will be tasty even without
> peanut butter.
>
> ==
>
> There was no chance of frying it on one piece It was firm tofu, but it
> fell to pieces when i got it out of the press. The previous one did too
> when I took it out of the box. Just as well he likes it the way it turned
> out) Cubes?? not a hope!!

I can't say what the problem is. Your tofu might be different from my tofu. It seems that your press is messing up your tofu. Perhaps I'll use your gado gado to make tofu and eggplant. Of course, it'll be a little spicy.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...-ydcjZvYhqlwUP
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Saturday, January 12, 2019 at 8:10:11 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Saturday, January 12, 2019 at 5:11:22 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > Well ... I made this recipe today and it went down very well
> >
> > I still can't get the tofu to stay in one piece to fry in chunks!
> >
> > I even bought this:
> >
> > https://www.lakeland.co.uk/73399/Tof...190112131227:s
> >
> > Heh it didn't stay long in one piece and it broke down into wee pieces.
> > This is exactly what happened before I bought the tufu press!
> >
> > So, I did what I did the last time ... I fried the pieces for a while
> > and
> > then added the sauce. After a while, I strained it and put it in the
> > Air
> > fryer to crisp it up.
> >
> > It came out as you see in the pic and he loved it. I guess I will be
> > making
> > it like that from now on! Anyone want to by a tufu press? <g>
> >
> > Anyway, this is what it looked like. Yes, those brown bits in the front
> > are
> > the tofu lol At least the eggs, Chinese leaves, chopped tomatoes,
> > cucumber
> > and potatoes cheer it up a bit
> >
> > http://i65.tinypic.com/1zmjxhs.jpg
> >
> > D. likes it just like that so ... I am a happy bunny))

> It's a nice plate. Make sure to use firm tofu and plenty of oil for
> frying.
> A non-stick pan is a good idea. If you don't want to use a lot of oil, use
> can probably just use the air fryer. You could also fry the tofu in a slab
> and then cut it up into cubes. That's what I do. Using this method, you
> can
> fry up soft tofu.
>
> What I plan to do is to cut the firm tofu into cubes and add mix in a
> honey
> Sriracha dry rub. Let it sit for a while so it can firm up a bit. Then
> coat
> with cornstarch and fry it up. I predict it will be tasty even without
> peanut butter.
>
> ==
>
> There was no chance of frying it on one piece It was firm tofu, but it
> fell to pieces when i got it out of the press. The previous one did too
> when I took it out of the box. Just as well he likes it the way it turned
> out) Cubes?? not a hope!!

I can't say what the problem is. Your tofu might be different from my tofu.
It seems that your press is messing up your tofu. Perhaps I'll use your gado
gado to make tofu and eggplant. Of course, it'll be a little spicy.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...-ydcjZvYhqlwUP

==

No, it isn't the press. The tofu I had before I bought the press ended up
just the same.

Yes, of course yours will be spicy ... ;p

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message
.. .

>On Sat, 12 Jan 2019 15:11:01 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:
>
>>Well ... I made this recipe today and it went down very well
>>
>>I still can't get the tofu to stay in one piece to fry in chunks!
>>
>>I even bought this:
>>
>>https://www.lakeland.co.uk/73399/Tof...190112131227:s
>>
>>Heh it didn't stay long in one piece and it broke down into wee pieces.
>>This is exactly what happened before I bought the tufu press!
>>
>>So, I did what I did the last time ... I fried the pieces for a while and
>>then added the sauce. After a while, I strained it and put it in the Air
>>fryer to crisp it up.
>>
>>It came out as you see in the pic and he loved it. I guess I will be
>>making
>>it like that from now on! Anyone want to by a tufu press? <g>
>>
>>Anyway, this is what it looked like. Yes, those brown bits in the front
>>are
>>the tofu lol At least the eggs, Chinese leaves, chopped tomatoes,
>>cucumber
>>and potatoes cheer it up a bit
>>
>>http://i65.tinypic.com/1zmjxhs.jpg
>>
>>D. likes it just like that so ... I am a happy bunny))

>Looks very good. I like satay sauce over just about everything. That's
>a strange tofu problem, but I guess it doesn't affect the flavour.
>==
>
>He prefers it as it happens .. phew There is not so much flavour of
>tofu
>but full of the flavour of the sauce. Oh and there was a dressing which
>comprised mostly peanut butter with soy sauce, oyster sauce and sugar.
>That went down like a ..... The sauce over the tofu was really good.
>
>I ended up throwing the dressing away. Bleah

Maybe the oyster sauce was too much?

==

No, the oyster sauce was not in the dressing. But there was a teaspoon of
fish sauce. I think it was all the peanut butter along with the Demerara
sugar, and soy sauce. Bleagh. Sorry, got mixed up earlier. The oyster
sauce was in the flavouring for the tofu.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, January 12, 2019 at 9:23:47 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Saturday, January 12, 2019 at 8:10:11 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > "dsi1" wrote in message
> >
> > On Saturday, January 12, 2019 at 5:11:22 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > > Well ... I made this recipe today and it went down very well
> > >
> > > I still can't get the tofu to stay in one piece to fry in chunks!
> > >
> > > I even bought this:
> > >
> > > https://www.lakeland.co.uk/73399/Tof...190112131227:s
> > >
> > > Heh it didn't stay long in one piece and it broke down into wee pieces.
> > > This is exactly what happened before I bought the tufu press!
> > >
> > > So, I did what I did the last time ... I fried the pieces for a while
> > > and
> > > then added the sauce. After a while, I strained it and put it in the
> > > Air
> > > fryer to crisp it up.
> > >
> > > It came out as you see in the pic and he loved it. I guess I will be
> > > making
> > > it like that from now on! Anyone want to by a tufu press? <g>
> > >
> > > Anyway, this is what it looked like. Yes, those brown bits in the front
> > > are
> > > the tofu lol At least the eggs, Chinese leaves, chopped tomatoes,
> > > cucumber
> > > and potatoes cheer it up a bit
> > >
> > > http://i65.tinypic.com/1zmjxhs.jpg
> > >
> > > D. likes it just like that so ... I am a happy bunny))

> > It's a nice plate. Make sure to use firm tofu and plenty of oil for
> > frying.
> > A non-stick pan is a good idea. If you don't want to use a lot of oil, use
> > can probably just use the air fryer. You could also fry the tofu in a slab
> > and then cut it up into cubes. That's what I do. Using this method, you
> > can
> > fry up soft tofu.
> >
> > What I plan to do is to cut the firm tofu into cubes and add mix in a
> > honey
> > Sriracha dry rub. Let it sit for a while so it can firm up a bit. Then
> > coat
> > with cornstarch and fry it up. I predict it will be tasty even without
> > peanut butter.
> >
> > ==
> >
> > There was no chance of frying it on one piece It was firm tofu, but it
> > fell to pieces when i got it out of the press. The previous one did too
> > when I took it out of the box. Just as well he likes it the way it turned
> > out) Cubes?? not a hope!!

> I can't say what the problem is. Your tofu might be different from my tofu.
> It seems that your press is messing up your tofu. Perhaps I'll use your gado
> gado to make tofu and eggplant. Of course, it'll be a little spicy.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...-ydcjZvYhqlwUP
>
> ==
>
> No, it isn't the press. The tofu I had before I bought the press ended up
> just the same.
>
> Yes, of course yours will be spicy ... ;p

I can't say what's happening with your tofu but I'm not against breaking up tofu. It's tasty either way. Oh boy!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message
> Well ... I made this recipe today and it went down very well
>
> I still can't get the tofu to stay in one piece to fry in chunks!
>
> I even bought this:
>
> https://www.lakeland.co.uk/73399/Tof...190112131227:s
>
> Heh it didn't stay long in one piece and it broke down into wee pieces.
> This is exactly what happened before I bought the tufu press!
>
> So, I did what I did the last time ... I fried the pieces for a while and
> then added the sauce. After a while, I strained it and put it in the Air
> fryer to crisp it up.
>
> It came out as you see in the pic and he loved it. I guess I will be
> making
> it like that from now on! Anyone want to by a tufu press? <g>
>
> Anyway, this is what it looked like. Yes, those brown bits in the front
> are
> the tofu lol At least the eggs, Chinese leaves, chopped tomatoes,
> cucumber and potatoes cheer it up a bit
>
> http://i65.tinypic.com/1zmjxhs.jpg
>
> D. likes it just like that so ... I am a happy bunny))

I think it looks wonderful!

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 Jan 2019 14:51:52 -0800, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Ophelia" > wrote in message
>> Well ... I made this recipe today and it went down very well
>>
>> I still can't get the tofu to stay in one piece to fry in chunks!
>>
>> I even bought this:
>>
>> https://www.lakeland.co.uk/73399/Tof...190112131227:s
>>
>> Heh it didn't stay long in one piece and it broke down into wee pieces.
>> This is exactly what happened before I bought the tufu press!
>>
>> So, I did what I did the last time ... I fried the pieces for a while and
>> then added the sauce. After a while, I strained it and put it in the Air
>> fryer to crisp it up.
>>
>> It came out as you see in the pic and he loved it. I guess I will be
>> making
>> it like that from now on! Anyone want to by a tufu press? <g>
>>
>> Anyway, this is what it looked like. Yes, those brown bits in the front
>> are
>> the tofu lol At least the eggs, Chinese leaves, chopped tomatoes,
>> cucumber and potatoes cheer it up a bit
>>
>> http://i65.tinypic.com/1zmjxhs.jpg
>>
>> D. likes it just like that so ... I am a happy bunny))

>I think it looks wonderful!

wb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 12 Jan 2019 14:51:52 -0800, "Cheri" >
> wrote:
>
>>"Ophelia" > wrote in message
>>> Well ... I made this recipe today and it went down very well
>>>
>>> I still can't get the tofu to stay in one piece to fry in chunks!
>>>
>>> I even bought this:
>>>
>>> https://www.lakeland.co.uk/73399/Tof...190112131227:s
>>>
>>> Heh it didn't stay long in one piece and it broke down into wee pieces.
>>> This is exactly what happened before I bought the tufu press!
>>>
>>> So, I did what I did the last time ... I fried the pieces for a while
>>> and
>>> then added the sauce. After a while, I strained it and put it in the
>>> Air
>>> fryer to crisp it up.
>>>
>>> It came out as you see in the pic and he loved it. I guess I will be
>>> making
>>> it like that from now on! Anyone want to by a tufu press? <g>
>>>
>>> Anyway, this is what it looked like. Yes, those brown bits in the front
>>> are
>>> the tofu lol At least the eggs, Chinese leaves, chopped tomatoes,
>>> cucumber and potatoes cheer it up a bit
>>>
>>> http://i65.tinypic.com/1zmjxhs.jpg
>>>
>>> D. likes it just like that so ... I am a happy bunny))

>>I think it looks wonderful!

> wb

TY

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote in message ...

"Ophelia" > wrote in message
> Well ... I made this recipe today and it went down very well
>
> I still can't get the tofu to stay in one piece to fry in chunks!
>
> I even bought this:
>
> https://www.lakeland.co.uk/73399/Tof...190112131227:s
>
> Heh it didn't stay long in one piece and it broke down into wee pieces.
> This is exactly what happened before I bought the tufu press!
>
> So, I did what I did the last time ... I fried the pieces for a while and
> then added the sauce. After a while, I strained it and put it in the Air
> fryer to crisp it up.
>
> It came out as you see in the pic and he loved it. I guess I will be
> making
> it like that from now on! Anyone want to by a tufu press? <g>
>
> Anyway, this is what it looked like. Yes, those brown bits in the front
> are
> the tofu lol At least the eggs, Chinese leaves, chopped tomatoes,
> cucumber and potatoes cheer it up a bit
>
> http://i65.tinypic.com/1zmjxhs.jpg
>
> D. likes it just like that so ... I am a happy bunny))

I think it looks wonderful!

Cheri

==

Cheri!!!!!!!!!!!! Lovely to see you back))

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "Cheri" wrote in message ...
>
> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>> Well ... I made this recipe today and it went down very well
>>
>> I still can't get the tofu to stay in one piece to fry in chunks!
>>
>> I even bought this:
>>
>> https://www.lakeland.co.uk/73399/Tof...190112131227:s
>>
>> Heh it didn't stay long in one piece and it broke down into wee pieces.
>> This is exactly what happened before I bought the tufu press!
>>
>> So, I did what I did the last time ... I fried the pieces for a while and
>> then added the sauce. After a while, I strained it and put it in the Air
>> fryer to crisp it up.
>>
>> It came out as you see in the pic and he loved it. I guess I will be
>> making
>> it like that from now on! Anyone want to by a tufu press? <g>
>>
>> Anyway, this is what it looked like. Yes, those brown bits in the front
>> are
>> the tofu lol At least the eggs, Chinese leaves, chopped tomatoes,
>> cucumber and potatoes cheer it up a bit
>>
>> http://i65.tinypic.com/1zmjxhs.jpg
>>
>> D. likes it just like that so ... I am a happy bunny))

> I think it looks wonderful!
>
> Cheri
>
> ==
>
> Cheri!!!!!!!!!!!! Lovely to see you back))

TY Ophelia!

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote in message ...

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "Cheri" wrote in message ...
>
> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>> Well ... I made this recipe today and it went down very well
>>
>> I still can't get the tofu to stay in one piece to fry in chunks!
>>
>> I even bought this:
>>
>> https://www.lakeland.co.uk/73399/Tof...190112131227:s
>>
>> Heh it didn't stay long in one piece and it broke down into wee pieces.
>> This is exactly what happened before I bought the tufu press!
>>
>> So, I did what I did the last time ... I fried the pieces for a while and
>> then added the sauce. After a while, I strained it and put it in the Air
>> fryer to crisp it up.
>>
>> It came out as you see in the pic and he loved it. I guess I will be
>> making
>> it like that from now on! Anyone want to by a tufu press? <g>
>>
>> Anyway, this is what it looked like. Yes, those brown bits in the front
>> are
>> the tofu lol At least the eggs, Chinese leaves, chopped tomatoes,
>> cucumber and potatoes cheer it up a bit
>>
>> http://i65.tinypic.com/1zmjxhs.jpg
>>
>> D. likes it just like that so ... I am a happy bunny))

> I think it looks wonderful!
>
> Cheri
>
> ==
>
> Cheri!!!!!!!!!!!! Lovely to see you back))

TY Ophelia!

Cheri

====

Have a look in 'Cheri' and you will see who commented)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 Jan 2019 03:32:09 -0800, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Ophelia" > wrote in message
>>

>> "Cheri" wrote in message ...
>>
>> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>>> Well ... I made this recipe today and it went down very well
>>>
>>> I still can't get the tofu to stay in one piece to fry in chunks!
>>>
>>> I even bought this:
>>>
>>> https://www.lakeland.co.uk/73399/Tof...190112131227:s
>>>
>>> Heh it didn't stay long in one piece and it broke down into wee pieces.
>>> This is exactly what happened before I bought the tufu press!
>>>
>>> So, I did what I did the last time ... I fried the pieces for a while and
>>> then added the sauce. After a while, I strained it and put it in the Air
>>> fryer to crisp it up.
>>>
>>> It came out as you see in the pic and he loved it. I guess I will be
>>> making
>>> it like that from now on! Anyone want to by a tufu press? <g>
>>>
>>> Anyway, this is what it looked like. Yes, those brown bits in the front
>>> are
>>> the tofu lol At least the eggs, Chinese leaves, chopped tomatoes,
>>> cucumber and potatoes cheer it up a bit
>>>
>>> http://i65.tinypic.com/1zmjxhs.jpg
>>>
>>> D. likes it just like that so ... I am a happy bunny))

>> I think it looks wonderful!
>>
>> Cheri
>>
>> ==
>>
>> Cheri!!!!!!!!!!!! Lovely to see you back))

>TY Ophelia!
>
>Cheri

Cheri, I hope you're feeling better.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message

> Cheri, I hope you're feeling better.

Thank You Sheldon, I am.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 Jan 2019 09:06:58 -0800, "Cheri" >
wrote:

> wrote in message
>
>> Cheri, I hope you're feeling better.

>Thank You Sheldon, I am.
>
>Cheri

I'm glad you're feeling better... you're one of my favorite people
here.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 Jan 2019 09:50:20 -0700, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> On Sat, 12 Jan 2019 15:11:01 -0000, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>>
>>http://i65.tinypic.com/1zmjxhs.jpg
>>
>>D. likes it just like that so ... I am a happy bunny))
>>

> what a beautiful presentation!

But ... what about those egg yolks! ;-)

-sw