Old 11-01-2019, 07:12 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default I need "soft" foods

"U.S. Janet B." wrote in message
news
we've had this kind of post many times before. It is a way for the
poster to let us know they are in pain, in trouble and wanting to
share.
I agree that the dentist s/b willing to pull the tooth right now.
however, a little sympathy for the poster wouldn't be amiss.
Sorry to hear about your pain, notbob. How about cooking up some
tapioca?
Janet US

==

Agreed!!!

Old 11-01-2019, 07:35 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 18:07:28 GMT, "l not -l" wrote:

On 11-Jan-2019, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 10:32:48 -0500, Gary wrote:

Sqwertz wrote:

notbob wrote:
I finally went to the dentist, today. Not good news.
Gotta baby this broken crowned tooth --molar: last molar, bottom
left--
till next Tuesday. Then, it will be pulled.

You need a new dentist that will pull the tooth now

Yeah, no kidding. What kind of slack dentist would make you wait
a week to get it pulled when you are in pain now?

Also, you asked what kind of food to eat in the meantime? Really?
You received lots of answers but
that's all about what *they* would eat, not what you might like.
Very good troll, nb.

Just break out your blender, add 2 cups water, turn it on and
jam your hand down in there. Your tooth won't hurt you anymore
until next Tuesday when it gets pulled.

we've had this kind of post many times before. It is a way for the
poster to let us know they are in pain, in trouble and wanting to
share.
I agree that the dentist s/b willing to pull the tooth right now.
however, a little sympathy for the poster wouldn't be amiss.

Except in the case of an abcess, which should be treated with antibiotics
before extraction.

that's true, or if you have implants of some sort they want to give
you antibiotics before messing in your mouth.
Old 11-01-2019, 07:59 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

notbob wrote:
[...]

A good oral surgeon (mine: http://www.widneroms.com/doctors/) will
extract an abscessed tooth. I had a shitty dentist, Alex Jones
father (Alex(*) is infamous outside of Austin too, right?), put a
crown on a fractured tooth. Bacteria was trapped in there and got
abscessed and it infected my sinus cavity. So swollen I could
barely close or open the eye on that side of the face. The CT scan
of my head was "quite impressive" according to the surgeon.

He pulled the tooth, popped the access, and then cut a hole up
through my gums into the cheek almost to my eye and cleaned that
out. Then sqwertzed a bunch of antibiotic up there and sewed it
shut. Despite all that, it was the most pleasant tooth pull I've
ever had (my fourth, with two implants). Only took about 10
minutes, too.

(*) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Jones

-sw
Old 11-01-2019, 08:39 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:
Sqwertz wrote:

notbob wrote:
I finally went to the dentist, today. Not good news.
Gotta baby this broken crowned tooth --molar: last molar, bottom left--
till next Tuesday. Then, it will be pulled.

You need a new dentist that will pull the tooth now

Yeah, no kidding. What kind of slack dentist would make you wait
a week to get it pulled when you are in pain now?

Likely a competent one. If there is an abcess (infection) they usually
give antibiotics and wait for the infection to minimize before extraction.

Old 11-01-2019, 08:45 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

notbob wrote:
I finally went to the dentist, today. Not good news.
Gotta baby this broken crowned tooth --molar: last molar, bottom left--
till next Tuesday. Then, it will be pulled.

You need a new dentist that will pull the tooth now

Yeah, no kidding. What kind of slack dentist would make you wait
a week to get it pulled when you are in pain now?

I had a pussy dentist that wouldn't pull infected teeth, but I saw
someone else in his same group would pull it right away. And any
oral surgeon wouldn't give a shit.

-sw

Natcherly, it leads to more business from the patient.

Old 11-01-2019, 08:46 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 12:07:59 AM UTC+1, notbob wrote:

Any other suggestions? ;(

Take whichever meal you would like and blend it into a soup in a heatproof waterproof blender. it will also keep you full longer - this was tested on construction workers in Denmark some years back

Old 11-01-2019, 09:36 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 07:46:13 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe
wrote:

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 9:33:34 AM UTC-6, Gary wrote:
Sqwertz wrote:

notbob wrote:
I finally went to the dentist, today. Not good news.
Gotta baby this broken crowned tooth --molar: last molar, bottom left--
till next Tuesday. Then, it will be pulled.

You need a new dentist that will pull the tooth now

Yeah, no kidding. What kind of slack dentist would make you wait
a week to get it pulled when you are in pain now?

One who is WAITING on the FOR PROFIT HEALTH INSURANCE to kick in!! :-(

I PAY FOR my own Dentistry Work! Because I am WEALTHY!

Poor dependent on FOR PROFIT Health Insurancer! :-(

John Kuthe, KutheChocolates.com...

Yes but you are wealthy and totally nauseating. Why do you post
something like this when you know he is suffering pain??? I hope you
drop dead and have a will (as did your father) leaving everything to
someone who is more appreciating.
Old 11-01-2019, 11:01 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael Nielsen wrote:
On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 12:07:59 AM UTC+1, notbob wrote:

Any other suggestions? ;(

Take whichever meal you would like and blend it into a soup in a
heatproof waterproof blender. it will also keep you full longer - this
was tested on construction workers in Denmark some years back

As someone who once had to live off a liquid diet for an extended amount of
time, I can say without any doubt do NOT €śblend€ť meals, or even soup that
isnt meant to be blended, for that matter. It just tastes gross, and will
learn you wholly unsatisfied unless you just dont care what you eat.
Anyone that doesnt believe me, I dare to try it€”just once.

Old 12-01-2019, 02:49 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
notbob wrote:
[...]

I have a buddy who needed some major dental work after radiation
treatment for cancer destroyed his teeth. He was quoted around $40,000
for the work. He found a dental clinic in Cancun that cost him around
$11,000 for the same work. For $15K he got a vacation (I guess) and
top-notch dental work. He sent me a link to the place and it was
pristine and had the newest and best equipment. They even had hotel
discounts and would pick him up and drop him off. I can get that link
again for anyone interested.