Old 12-01-2019, 05:41 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Soup for dinner

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 00:16:06 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 14:50:11 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 16:14:32 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

People have told me mine are better than theirs. I wouldn't know.
Never
ate there and never bought the mix.

Yet you just claimed they have ALWAYS had cheddar bay biscuits there
at Red Lobster.

At the one here, yes. People have told me about them.

At what age were you when somebody first told you about the Cheddar
Bay Biscuits at Red Lobster?

That was another rhetorical question. Red Lobster did not have a
biscuit in any of their restaurants until 1992.

https://www.redlobster.com/news-pres...r-bay-biscuits

You just wanted to contradict somebody with your usual, unfounded
bullshit in typical Bove Style.

Where's the lie? There isn't one.

I just showed it to you.

I said the one here (Lynnwood) has always had them. We moved back here
when
Angela was 6. So 14 years ago. Can't remember if the Red Lobster was
there
then or not. If it was, it was, it wasn't there for long. It's next door
Olive Garden and that was put in shortly before we moved away. We moved
away
about 23 years ago.

yawn What you're doing here is called "backpedaling".

Nope. What you're doing is showing lack of reading comprehension.

Old 12-01-2019, 01:30 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 16:14:32 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

People have told me mine are better than theirs. I wouldn't know. Never
ate there and never bought the mix.

Yet you just claimed they have ALWAYS had cheddar bay biscuits there
at Red Lobster.

At the one here, yes. People have told me about them.

At what age were you when somebody first told you about the Cheddar
Bay Biscuits at Red Lobster?

That was another rhetorical question. Red Lobster did not have a
biscuit in any of their restaurants until 1992.

https://www.redlobster.com/news-pres...r-bay-biscuits

You just wanted to contradict somebody with your usual, unfounded
bullshit in typical Bove Style.

Where's the lie? There isn't one.

I just showed it to you.

-sw

Thanks for the link, Steve! Doesn't matter what she says, they weren't
serving biscuits of any kind when I *worked* there.

Jill
Old 12-01-2019, 01:35 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 16:14:32 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

People have told me mine are better than theirs. I wouldn't know.

Never ate there and never bought the mix.

Yet you just claimed they have ALWAYS had cheddar bay biscuits

there at Red Lobster.

At the one here, yes. People have told me about them.

At what age were you when somebody first told you about the Cheddar
Bay Biscuits at Red Lobster?

That was another rhetorical question. Red Lobster did not have a
biscuit in any of their restaurants until 1992.

https://www.redlobster.com/news-pres...r-bay-biscuits

You just wanted to contradict somebody with your usual, unfounded
bullshit in typical Bove Style.

Where's the lie? There isn't one.

I just showed it to you.

-sw

They had something else before them though. I used to eat there now
and again when in college. There was a bread, possibly a garlic bread.

I do believe they had garlic bread. I haven't worked there since around
1980 or 81.

Jill
Old 12-01-2019, 05:24 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/11/2019 2:30 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
You heat the thing in the oven from when you turn the oven on. (400F
I think) Make your dough. Take the pan from the oven, paint the
insides with some sort of fat (everything is sizzling). Drop your
dough into each little pot and into the oven. (My disher gives
perfect dollops, no size on the disher but think ice cream scoop size)
It makes the most glorious, slightly crunchy outside.
http://www.lodgemfg.com/search?search=drop+biscuit+pan
It's available at Amazon for $24 but I see other brands are available
(more $) Mine was not pre-seasoned. If I own one pre-seasoned pan it
is this one. The biscuits come out so easily
Gonna go make some now for lunch;-)
Janet US

I think I used to have one of those. I always thought it was for filled
cornbread muffins or for baking things like popovers. I don't know what
happened to the one I had.

Jill
Old 12-01-2019, 06:56 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 Jan 2019 07:51:24 -0000 (UTC), Wayne Boatwright
wrote:

On Fri 11 Jan 2019 05:12:13p, U.S. Janet B. told us...

I hadn't thought of dipping dough. I bet that makes the biscuits
golden. I like the black pepper idea.
Janet US

Originally butter ws brushed over the biscuits. I found dipping them
easier and gave richer results. I don't remember when I started
adding the black pepper, but it does give it just a little kick.

Another variation...put a bit of dehydrated or finely chopped fresh
onion in the butter when you melt it. Dip one side only and fold over
the dough like Parker rolls with the butter/onion mix inside. Your
fingers will get plenty of butter on the outside as you work...

Old 13-01-2019, 01:07 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
[...]

I don't know when you worked there and I don't know for sure when ours
opened. I had heard about the place on TV long before we got one here. But
the one here in Lynnwood always had them.

Old 13-01-2019, 01:31 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
[...]

Always being since 1992. I thought you were the one who likes to keep
up with my employment history. LOL

All I did was mention I've made cheddar biscuits from scratch. Steve
brought up Red Lobster. I clarified they didn't serve them in the
1980's. I've never tasted the ones from Red Lobster, either. I'm sure
yours are better. I know mine are. I was merely pointing out I don't
add onion and garlic to my cheddar drop biscuits. It went downhill from
there.

Jill
Old 13-01-2019, 02:48 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
[...]

They don't realize what a very special place Lynnwood is. Being so close
to the Bove homestead is bound to imbue that particular red lobster with
special properties.

It won't be the same as any other restaurant of the same chain, say in
normal places, like Denver, or Tacoma. It will be very very very special
and very very different.

Old 13-01-2019, 03:03 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" wrote in message

snip
I don't know when you worked there and I don't know for sure when ours
opened. I had heard about the place on TV long before we got one here.
But the one here in Lynnwood always had them.

Always being since 1992. I thought you were the one who likes to keep up
with my employment history. LOL

Why would I even want to keep up with that? I do remember you mentioning
some restaurant. O'Charlies or something like that. Maybe a tax place. Maybe
a tire place. Not sure and don't really care.

All I did was mention I've made cheddar biscuits from scratch. Steve
brought up Red Lobster. I clarified they didn't serve them in the 1980's.
I've never tasted the ones from Red Lobster, either. I'm sure yours are
better. I know mine are. I was merely pointing out I don't add onion and
garlic to my cheddar drop biscuits. It went downhill from there.

I didn't used to add those things to mine but I did add them once some years
ago and that's when people commented that they were better than Red
Lobster's. I have added them since a few times but usually when I make them,
I'm in a hurry to add something to a meal and I don't bother. I do think
they are better with.

Old 15-01-2019, 12:02 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
[...]

I don't recall if it was in a toast type of form or a sort of biscuit
though. I DO recall something very like the RL sort from back in the
80's but they were at the 'Study Hall' (a bar in Clemson SC).

The Study Hall was a combination pizza/other stuff and a bar down
stairs. The students could put their parents minds at rest that the
son/daughter was at the 'study hall' (none the wiser).

You got one per person for free in the dining area and if food was
slow, they'd refill them. You could also order a doggie bag of them at
the bar for the road at something like 3/1$ at the Study Hall. (that
was a profit then for the size and ingredients but not a large one,
still you'd suck up a beer or so while waiting for them).

Old 15-01-2019, 12:10 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

U.S. Janet B. wrote:

On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 21:26:24 -0000 (UTC), Wayne Boatwright
wrote:

On Fri 11 Jan 2019 10:02:46a, U.S. Janet B. told us...

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 23:55:07 -0600, Sqwertz
wrote:

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 21:29:19 -0800, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:

In article , Sqwertz
wrote:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwert...in/photostream
/

Beautiful shot.

Thank you. Sometimes I get lucky with only 15 seconds worth of
plating and ONE quick photo.

-sw

I didn't plate. Hungry husband hanging over shoulder.
https://s1171.photobucket.com/user/g...Biscuits%203_z
psgkfo4c3m.jpg.html Janet US

Those look delicious!

I make scratch biscuits using White Lily flour, adding sharp
cheddar cheese, a modest amont of granulated garlic, and a twist or
two of freshly groud black pepper. I scoop up some dough, then dip
in melted butter and bake on parchment paper.

I hadn't thought of dipping dough. I bet that makes the biscuits
golden. I like the black pepper idea.
Janet US

Might like this?

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.05

Title: Xxcarol's Brie, Pepper, Onion soda bread
Categories: Breads, Xxcarol
Yield: 6 Servings

2 c Flour, white all purpose
1 ts Salt
1/3 c Butter
1 c Slivered brie (or small bits
1/2 c Fine chopped onion
1 tb Black pepper
2/3 c Milk
1 tb Baking soda

Start with all the dry ingredients and mix them well in a large bowl.
Now add the butter (softened but not melted) and chop that into the
mix as well as you reasonably can. Add the remaining ingredients and
mix to a dough. Using a preheated oven (always preheat when making
bread or fish!) bake at 450 degrees for about 25 minutes.

You can actually use any cheese I can think of for this (if using
cottage cheese, add a bit more flour if it seems to 'wet') and you
may want to vary the spice used to match the cheese type. The onions
are optional.

From the kitchen of: xxcarol From: Date: 06-26-97
Cooking

MMMMM

Old 19-01-2019, 08:11 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 00:16:06 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

I said the one here (Lynnwood) has always had them. We moved back here when
Angela was 6. So 14 years ago. Can't remember if the Red Lobster was there
then or not. If it was, it was, it wasn't there for long. It's next door to

-----
From: "Red Lobster Guest Relations"

To: Sqwertz

Dear Mr. Sqwertz:

Thank you for your interest in Red Lobster. The Lynnwood, WA Red
Lobster location opened on August 13, 1990.
-----

That's 15 years before you think it opened, and was there even
before you moved away and before the Olive Garden (no doubt another
lie). When you make up "facts" just so you'll have something inane
and/or bitchy to say, that's lying. If you have nothing to say and
nothing to add to the conversation, then just shut the **** up for
once in your miserable life!

-sw

From: "Red Lobster Guest Relations"

To: Sqwertz

Dear Mr. Sqwertz:

Thank you for your interest in Red Lobster. The Lynnwood, WA Red
Lobster location opened on August 13, 1990.
-----

That's 15 years before you think it opened, and was there even
before you moved away and before the Olive Garden (no doubt another
lie). When you make up "facts" just so you'll have something inane
and/or bitchy to say, that's lying. If you have nothing to say and
nothing to add to the conversation, then just shut the **** up for
once in your miserable life!

Okay then. I stand corrected. Apparently nobody I know ate there back then.
Sheesh!

From: "Red Lobster Guest Relations"

To: Sqwertz

Dear Mr. Sqwertz:

Thank you for your interest in Red Lobster. The Lynnwood, WA Red
Lobster location opened on August 13, 1990.
-----

That's 15 years before you think it opened, and was there even
before you moved away and before the Olive Garden (no doubt another
lie). When you make up "facts" just so you'll have something inane
and/or bitchy to say, that's lying. If you have nothing to say and
nothing to add to the conversation, then just shut the **** up for
once in your miserable life!

-sw

I'll say one thing for Ju-Ju, she is consistently being caught lying!!
BWAHAHAHAAAAAA