Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Soup for dinner

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 21:29:19 -0800, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:

> In article >, Sqwertz
> > wrote:
>
>> https://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwert...n/photostream/

> Beautiful shot.

Thank you. Sometimes I get lucky with only 15 seconds worth of
plating and ONE quick photo.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Hank Rogers" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove wrote:

>>> Yet you (and he) think he has gluten issues? I guess we can rite
>>> off that theory permanently then, RIGHT?
>>>
>>> Are you getting even MORE ludicrous for 2019?

>> I don't know what's going on there. Now he says he needs to eat "some"
>> gluten. I can't pin him down as to what the real issue it. He is having
>> issues that I am aware of that could indeed be signs of celiac but...
>> That's not my call.

> Yoose need to consult Dr. Popeye. He'll figure out what's wrong with yoose
> gardener and prescribe the correct remedy.

No need for that! I know what he'd prescribe.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> On 2019-01-10 5:48 p.m., Julie Bove wrote:

>>> Yet you (and he) think he has gluten issues? I guess we can rite
>>> off that theory permanently then, RIGHT?
>>>
>>> Are you getting even MORE ludicrous for 2019?

>> I don't know what's going on there. Now he says he needs to eat "some"
>> gluten. I can't pin him down as to what the real issue it. He is having
>> issues that I am aware of that could indeed be signs of celiac but...
>> That's not my call.

> Right. First he will talk things he can't or won't eat. In a couple months
> months it will be a different list and he will deny that he ever had
> problems with the other things.

He doesn't deny that he said it. I don't know. He could be like me and have
food intolerances. Those can come and go.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 14:48:28 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> Yet you (and he) think he has gluten issues? I guess we can rite
>>> off that theory permanently then, RIGHT?
>>>
>>> Are you getting even MORE ludicrous for 2019?

>> I don't know what's going on there. Now he says he needs to eat "some"
>> gluten. I can't pin him down as to what the real issue it.

> It's called, "He's playing you".

And I'm fine with that!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 14:50:11 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> Yet you just claimed they have ALWAYS had cheddar bay biscuits there
>>> at Red Lobster.

>> At the one here, yes. People have told me about them.

> At what age were you when somebody first told you about the Cheddar
> Bay Biscuits at Red Lobster?
>
> That was another rhetorical question. Red Lobster did not have a
> biscuit in any of their restaurants until 1992.
>
> https://www.redlobster.com/news-pres...r-bay-biscuits
>
> You just wanted to contradict somebody with your usual, unfounded
> bullshit in typical Bove Style.
>
>> Where's the lie? There isn't one.

> I just showed it to you.

I said the one here (Lynnwood) has always had them. We moved back here when
Angela was 6. So 14 years ago. Can't remember if the Red Lobster was there
then or not. If it was, it was, it wasn't there for long. It's next door to
Olive Garden and that was put in shortly before we moved away. We moved away
about 23 years ago.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"U.S. Janet B." wrote in message

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 20:50:59 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 16:49:19 -0700, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 11:40:59 -0600, Sqwertz >
>> wrote:

>>>Then you should try working at Red Lubester again - AYCE cheddar
>>>biscuits. I often buy their dry biscuit mix. I know I could just
>>>buy Bisquick or a generic clone, but the biscuit mix is somehow
>>>better.

>> I just threw the rest of the box away. I picked it up at Costco and
>> thought it sounded good. Meh. I do better. Making the biscuits from
>> scratch and adding in real cheddar is much better. For the amount of
>> 'work' you have to do and the mixing bowl, I might as well do my own.
>> The texture is much better, better mouth feel.

>But didn't you at least keep those little packets of 11 secret herbs
>and spices!
>
>-sw

nah. they fell into the trash when I upended the box. I like my
biscuits with cheddar and chopped Hatch chilies. I think I even put a
pic of them on my PhotoBucket. Now, I have to make some, I've got a
craving.
Janet US

==

For me, everything is better made from scratch)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> I thought for sure I had cheddar hatch biscuits. Does regular
> biscuits with sausage and ripe hatch chile gravy work? With hash
> browns ....
> https://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwert...n/photostream/

Oh yes! Just add 2-3 over-easy eggs to that plate and I would
just get in bed and go back to sleep very happy
(after eating it all). YUM!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 14:50:11 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

> Never >>> ate> there and never bought the mix.
> > >
> >> Yet you just claimed they have ALWAYS had cheddar bay biscuits

> there >> at Red Lobster.
> >
> > At the one here, yes. People have told me about them.

> At what age were you when somebody first told you about the Cheddar
> Bay Biscuits at Red Lobster?
>
> That was another rhetorical question. Red Lobster did not have a
> biscuit in any of their restaurants until 1992.

https://www.redlobster.com/news-pres...r-bay-biscuits

> You just wanted to contradict somebody with your usual, unfounded
> bullshit in typical Bove Style.
>
> > Where's the lie? There isn't one.

> I just showed it to you.
>
> -sw

They had something else before them though. I used to eat there now
and again when in college. There was a bread, possibly a garlic bread.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 23:10:28 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 21:12:04 -0700, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 20:50:59 -0600, Sqwertz >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>But didn't you at least keep those little packets of 11 secret herbs
>>>and spices!
>>>

>> nah. they fell into the trash when I upended the box. I like my
>> biscuits with cheddar and chopped Hatch chilies. I think I even put a
>> pic of them on my PhotoBucket. Now, I have to make some, I've got a
>> craving.

>I thought for sure I had cheddar hatch biscuits. Does regular
>biscuits with sausage and ripe hatch chile gravy work? With hash
>browns ....
>
>https://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwert...n/photostream/
>
>-sw

hmmm. I never thought of Hatch gravy. Cream gravy? That might work
real good ;-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 23:55:07 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 21:29:19 -0800, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
>
>> In article >, Sqwertz
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> https://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwert...n/photostream/

>> Beautiful shot.

>Thank you. Sometimes I get lucky with only 15 seconds worth of
>plating and ONE quick photo.
>
>-sw

I didn't plate. Hungry husband hanging over shoulder.
https://s1171.photobucket.com/user/g...o4c3m.jpg.html
Janet US

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 00:11:57 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message

>>> I don't know what's going on there. Now he says he needs to eat "some"
>>> gluten. I can't pin him down as to what the real issue it.

>> It's called, "He's playing you".

> And I'm fine with that!

Just like you think its fine to try and play us.

And...

You shouldn't be.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 00:16:06 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message

>>> At the one here, yes. People have told me about them.

>> At what age were you when somebody first told you about the Cheddar
>> Bay Biscuits at Red Lobster?
>>
>> That was another rhetorical question. Red Lobster did not have a
>> biscuit in any of their restaurants until 1992.
>>
>> https://www.redlobster.com/news-pres...r-bay-biscuits
>>
>> You just wanted to contradict somebody with your usual, unfounded
>> bullshit in typical Bove Style.
>>
>>> Where's the lie? There isn't one.

>> I just showed it to you.

> I said the one here (Lynnwood) has always had them. We moved back here when
> Angela was 6. So 14 years ago. Can't remember if the Red Lobster was there
> then or not. If it was, it was, it wasn't there for long. It's next door to
> Olive Garden and that was put in shortly before we moved away. We moved away
> about 23 years ago.

<yawn> What you're doing here is called "backpedaling".

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 09:58:03 -0700, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 23:10:28 -0600, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 21:12:04 -0700, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

>>> nah. they fell into the trash when I upended the box. I like my
>>> biscuits with cheddar and chopped Hatch chilies. I think I even put a
>>> pic of them on my PhotoBucket. Now, I have to make some, I've got a
>>> craving.

>>I thought for sure I had cheddar hatch biscuits. Does regular
>>biscuits with sausage and ripe hatch chile gravy work? With hash
>>browns ....
>>
>>https://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwert...n/photostream/
>>

> hmmm. I never thought of Hatch gravy. Cream gravy? That might work
> real good ;-)

A seasoned milk and flour gravy, most likely no actual cream, but
often called a "cream gravy" because it's white and goes in biscuits
for CFS.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 10:02:46 -0700, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 23:55:07 -0600, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 21:29:19 -0800, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
>>
>>> In article >, Sqwertz

>>> Beautiful shot.

>>Thank you. Sometimes I get lucky with only 15 seconds worth of
>>plating and ONE quick photo.

> I didn't plate. Hungry husband hanging over shoulder.
> https://s1171.photobucket.com/user/g...o4c3m.jpg.html

I didn't know there was such a thing as drop biscuit molds. I would
make them more often if I could make them prettier like that.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 12:09:20 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 10:02:46 -0700, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 23:55:07 -0600, Sqwertz >
>> wrote:

>>>Thank you. Sometimes I get lucky with only 15 seconds worth of
>>>plating and ONE quick photo.

>> I didn't plate. Hungry husband hanging over shoulder.
>> https://s1171.photobucket.com/user/g...o4c3m.jpg.html

>I didn't know there was such a thing as drop biscuit molds. I would
>make them more often if I could make them prettier like that.
>
>-sw

I'm glad that I went looking for them for you. I never considered
making something other than biscuits in the pan. (Lodge site) When I
received it as a gift years ago it was called a biscuit pan.
It's from Lodge. Back then it was $17 I think I've seen it for $20
recently.
You heat the thing in the oven from when you turn the oven on. (400F
I think) Make your dough. Take the pan from the oven, paint the
insides with some sort of fat (everything is sizzling). Drop your
dough into each little pot and into the oven. (My disher gives
perfect dollops, no size on the disher but think ice cream scoop size)
It makes the most glorious, slightly crunchy outside.
http://www.lodgemfg.com/search?search=drop+biscuit+pan
It's available at Amazon for $24 but I see other brands are available
(more $) Mine was not pre-seasoned. If I own one pre-seasoned pan it
is this one. The biscuits come out so easily
Gonna go make some now for lunch ;-)
Janet US

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 12:07:28 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 09:58:03 -0700, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 23:10:28 -0600, Sqwertz >
>> wrote:

>>>I thought for sure I had cheddar hatch biscuits. Does regular
>>>biscuits with sausage and ripe hatch chile gravy work? With hash
>>>browns ....
>>>
>>>https://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwert...n/photostream/
>>>

>> hmmm. I never thought of Hatch gravy. Cream gravy? That might work
>> real good ;-)

>A seasoned milk and flour gravy, most likely no actual cream, but
>often called a "cream gravy" because it's white and goes in biscuits
>for CFS.
>
>-sw

The gravy for that dish is usually heavily peppered anyway, why not
use Hatch instead. I'll try that next time. Thx for the idea.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 12:30:25 -0700, U.S. Janet B. >
wrote:

>On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 12:09:20 -0600, Sqwertz >
>wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 10:02:46 -0700, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

>>> I didn't plate. Hungry husband hanging over shoulder.
>>> https://s1171.photobucket.com/user/g...o4c3m.jpg.html

>>I didn't know there was such a thing as drop biscuit molds. I would
>>make them more often if I could make them prettier like that.
>>
>>-sw

>I'm glad that I went looking for them for you. I never considered
>making something other than biscuits in the pan. (Lodge site) When I
>received it as a gift years ago it was called a biscuit pan.
>It's from Lodge. Back then it was $17 I think I've seen it for $20
>recently.
>You heat the thing in the oven from when you turn the oven on. (400F
>I think) Make your dough. Take the pan from the oven, paint the
>insides with some sort of fat (everything is sizzling). Drop your
>dough into each little pot and into the oven. (My disher gives
>perfect dollops, no size on the disher but think ice cream scoop size)
>It makes the most glorious, slightly crunchy outside.
>http://www.lodgemfg.com/search?search=drop+biscuit+pan
>It's available at Amazon for $24 but I see other brands are available
>(more $) Mine was not pre-seasoned. If I own one pre-seasoned pan it
>is this one. The biscuits come out so easily
>Gonna go make some now for lunch ;-)
>Janet US

Found this on the Lodge page -- Jalapeno, bacon, cheddar cornbread
http://www.lodgemfg.com/recipe/jalap...ddar-cornbread
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 12:40:02 -0700, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 12:30:25 -0700, U.S. Janet B. >
> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 12:09:20 -0600, Sqwertz >
>>wrote:

>>>I didn't know there was such a thing as drop biscuit molds. I would
>>>make them more often if I could make them prettier like that.
>>>
>>>-sw

>>I'm glad that I went looking for them for you. I never considered
>>making something other than biscuits in the pan. (Lodge site) When I
>>received it as a gift years ago it was called a biscuit pan.
>>It's from Lodge. Back then it was $17 I think I've seen it for $20
>>recently.
>>You heat the thing in the oven from when you turn the oven on. (400F
>>I think) Make your dough. Take the pan from the oven, paint the
>>insides with some sort of fat (everything is sizzling). Drop your
>>dough into each little pot and into the oven. (My disher gives
>>perfect dollops, no size on the disher but think ice cream scoop size)
>>It makes the most glorious, slightly crunchy outside.
>>http://www.lodgemfg.com/search?search=drop+biscuit+pan
>>It's available at Amazon for $24 but I see other brands are available
>>(more $) Mine was not pre-seasoned. If I own one pre-seasoned pan it
>>is this one. The biscuits come out so easily
>>Gonna go make some now for lunch ;-)

I didn't think about a portion scooper. I think I need to get one
that big.

> Found this on the Lodge page -- Jalapeno, bacon, cheddar cornbread
> http://www.lodgemfg.com/recipe/jalap...ddar-cornbread

I've got the cornbread covered :-) Jalapeno, bacon, white cheddar,
and onion:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwert...ream/lightbox/

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 15:45:59 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 12:40:02 -0700, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 12:30:25 -0700, U.S. Janet B. >
>> wrote:

>>>I'm glad that I went looking for them for you. I never considered
>>>making something other than biscuits in the pan. (Lodge site) When I
>>>received it as a gift years ago it was called a biscuit pan.
>>>It's from Lodge. Back then it was $17 I think I've seen it for $20
>>>recently.
>>>You heat the thing in the oven from when you turn the oven on. (400F
>>>I think) Make your dough. Take the pan from the oven, paint the
>>>insides with some sort of fat (everything is sizzling). Drop your
>>>dough into each little pot and into the oven. (My disher gives
>>>perfect dollops, no size on the disher but think ice cream scoop size)
>>>It makes the most glorious, slightly crunchy outside.
>>>http://www.lodgemfg.com/search?search=drop+biscuit+pan
>>>It's available at Amazon for $24 but I see other brands are available
>>>(more $) Mine was not pre-seasoned. If I own one pre-seasoned pan it
>>>is this one. The biscuits come out so easily
>>>Gonna go make some now for lunch ;-)

>I didn't think about a portion scooper. I think I need to get one
>that big.
>
>> Found this on the Lodge page -- Jalapeno, bacon, cheddar cornbread
>> http://www.lodgemfg.com/recipe/jalap...ddar-cornbread

>I've got the cornbread covered :-) Jalapeno, bacon, white cheddar,
>and onion:
>
>https://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwert...ream/lightbox/
>
>-sw

Oh, my! That looks good!
Janet US
P.S. I didn't mean that my pan was pre-seasoned, rather, well
seasoned.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 21:26:24 -0000 (UTC), Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>On Fri 11 Jan 2019 10:02:46a, U.S. Janet B. told us...
>
>> On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 23:55:07 -0600, Sqwertz
>> > wrote:

>>>Thank you. Sometimes I get lucky with only 15 seconds worth of
>>>plating and ONE quick photo.
>>>
>>>-sw

>> I didn't plate. Hungry husband hanging over shoulder.
>> https://s1171.photobucket.com/user/g...Biscuits%203_z
>> psgkfo4c3m.jpg.html Janet US
>>

>Those look delicious!
>
>I make scratch biscuits using White Lily flour, adding sharp cheddar
>cheese, a modest amont of granulated garlic, and a twist or two of
>freshly groud black pepper. I scoop up some dough, then dip in
>melted butter and bake on parchment paper.

I hadn't thought of dipping dough. I bet that makes the biscuits
golden. I like the black pepper idea.
Janet US

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 00:16:06 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> At what age were you when somebody first told you about the Cheddar
>>> Bay Biscuits at Red Lobster?
>>>
>>> That was another rhetorical question. Red Lobster did not have a
>>> biscuit in any of their restaurants until 1992.
>>>
>>> https://www.redlobster.com/news-pres...r-bay-biscuits
>>>
>>> You just wanted to contradict somebody with your usual, unfounded
>>> bullshit in typical Bove Style.

>>> I just showed it to you.

>> I said the one here (Lynnwood) has always had them. We moved back here
>> when
>> Angela was 6. So 14 years ago. Can't remember if the Red Lobster was
>> there
>> then or not. If it was, it was, it wasn't there for long. It's next door
>> Olive Garden and that was put in shortly before we moved away. We moved
>> away
>> about 23 years ago.

> <yawn> What you're doing here is called "backpedaling".

Nope. What you're doing is showing lack of reading comprehension.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/10/2019 9:31 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 14:50:11 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> Yet you just claimed they have ALWAYS had cheddar bay biscuits there
>>> at Red Lobster.

>> At the one here, yes. People have told me about them.

> At what age were you when somebody first told you about the Cheddar
> Bay Biscuits at Red Lobster?
>
> That was another rhetorical question. Red Lobster did not have a
> biscuit in any of their restaurants until 1992.
>
> https://www.redlobster.com/news-pres...r-bay-biscuits
>
> You just wanted to contradict somebody with your usual, unfounded
> bullshit in typical Bove Style.
>
>> Where's the lie? There isn't one.

> I just showed it to you.
>
> -sw

Thanks for the link, Steve! Doesn't matter what she says, they weren't
serving biscuits of any kind when I *worked* there.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/11/2019 11:57 AM, cshenk wrote:
> Sqwertz wrote:

>> Never >>> ate> there and never bought the mix.

>> there >> at Red Lobster.
>>>
>>> At the one here, yes. People have told me about them.

>> At what age were you when somebody first told you about the Cheddar
>> Bay Biscuits at Red Lobster?
>>
>> That was another rhetorical question. Red Lobster did not have a
>> biscuit in any of their restaurants until 1992.
>>

> https://www.redlobster.com/news-pres...r-bay-biscuits
>>
>> You just wanted to contradict somebody with your usual, unfounded
>> bullshit in typical Bove Style.
>>
>>> Where's the lie? There isn't one.

>> I just showed it to you.
>>
>> -sw

> They had something else before them though. I used to eat there now
> and again when in college. There was a bread, possibly a garlic bread.

I do believe they had garlic bread. I haven't worked there since around
1980 or 81.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/11/2019 2:30 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> You heat the thing in the oven from when you turn the oven on. (400F
> I think) Make your dough. Take the pan from the oven, paint the
> insides with some sort of fat (everything is sizzling). Drop your
> dough into each little pot and into the oven. (My disher gives
> perfect dollops, no size on the disher but think ice cream scoop size)
> It makes the most glorious, slightly crunchy outside.
> http://www.lodgemfg.com/search?search=drop+biscuit+pan
> It's available at Amazon for $24 but I see other brands are available
> (more $) Mine was not pre-seasoned. If I own one pre-seasoned pan it
> is this one. The biscuits come out so easily
> Gonna go make some now for lunch;-)
> Janet US

I think I used to have one of those. I always thought it was for filled
cornbread muffins or for baking things like popovers. I don't know what
happened to the one I had.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 Jan 2019 07:51:24 -0000 (UTC), Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>On Fri 11 Jan 2019 05:12:13p, U.S. Janet B. told us...
>

>> I hadn't thought of dipping dough. I bet that makes the biscuits
>> golden. I like the black pepper idea.
>> Janet US
>>

>Originally butter ws brushed over the biscuits. I found dipping them
>easier and gave richer results. I don't remember when I started
>adding the black pepper, but it does give it just a little kick.

Another variation...put a bit of dehydrated or finely chopped fresh
onion in the butter when you melt it. Dip one side only and fold over
the dough like Parker rolls with the butter/onion mix inside. Your
fingers will get plenty of butter on the outside as you work...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 1/10/2019 9:31 PM, Sqwertz wrote:

>>> At the one here, yes. People have told me about them.

>> At what age were you when somebody first told you about the Cheddar
>> Bay Biscuits at Red Lobster?
>>
>> That was another rhetorical question. Red Lobster did not have a
>> biscuit in any of their restaurants until 1992.
>>
>> https://www.redlobster.com/news-pres...r-bay-biscuits
>>
>> You just wanted to contradict somebody with your usual, unfounded
>> bullshit in typical Bove Style.
>>
>>> Where's the lie? There isn't one.

>> I just showed it to you.
>>
>> -sw
>>

> Thanks for the link, Steve! Doesn't matter what she says, they weren't
> serving biscuits of any kind when I *worked* there.

I don't know when you worked there and I don't know for sure when ours
opened. I had heard about the place on TV long before we got one here. But
the one here in Lynnwood always had them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/12/2019 8:07 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message

>>> At what age were you when somebody first told you about the Cheddar
>>> Bay Biscuits at Red Lobster?
>>>
>>> That was another rhetorical question. Red Lobster did not have a
>>> biscuit in any of their restaurants until 1992.
>>>
>>> https://www.redlobster.com/news-pres...r-bay-biscuits
>>>

>>> You just wanted to contradict somebody with your usual, unfounded
>>> bullshit in typical Bove Style.

>>> I just showed it to you.
>>>
>>> -sw
>>>

>> Thanks for the link, Steve!Â* Doesn't matter what she says, they
>> weren't serving biscuits of any kind when I *worked* there.

> I don't know when you worked there and I don't know for sure when ours
> opened. I had heard about the place on TV long before we got one here.
> But the one here in Lynnwood always had them.

Always being since 1992. I thought you were the one who likes to keep
up with my employment history. LOL

All I did was mention I've made cheddar biscuits from scratch. Steve
brought up Red Lobster. I clarified they didn't serve them in the
1980's. I've never tasted the ones from Red Lobster, either. I'm sure
yours are better. I know mine are. I was merely pointing out I don't
add onion and garlic to my cheddar drop biscuits. It went downhill from
there.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message

>>> At what age were you when somebody first told you about the Cheddar
>>> Bay Biscuits at Red Lobster?
>>>
>>> That was another rhetorical question. Red Lobster did not have a
>>> biscuit in any of their restaurants until 1992.
>>>
>>> https://www.redlobster.com/news-pres...r-bay-biscuits
>>>

>>> You just wanted to contradict somebody with your usual, unfounded
>>> bullshit in typical Bove Style.

>>> I just showed it to you.
>>>
>>> -sw
>>>

>> Thanks for the link, Steve! Doesn't matter what she says, they
>> weren't serving biscuits of any kind when I *worked* there.

> I don't know when you worked there and I don't know for sure when ours
> opened. I had heard about the place on TV long before we got one here.
> But the one here in Lynnwood always had them.

They don't realize what a very special place Lynnwood is. Being so close
to the Bove homestead is bound to imbue that particular red lobster with
special properties.

It won't be the same as any other restaurant of the same chain, say in
normal places, like Denver, or Tacoma. It will be very very very special
and very very different.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message

<snip>
>> I don't know when you worked there and I don't know for sure when ours
>> opened. I had heard about the place on TV long before we got one here.
>> But the one here in Lynnwood always had them.

> Always being since 1992. I thought you were the one who likes to keep up
> with my employment history. LOL

Why would I even want to keep up with that? I do remember you mentioning
some restaurant. O'Charlies or something like that. Maybe a tax place. Maybe
a tire place. Not sure and don't really care.

> All I did was mention I've made cheddar biscuits from scratch. Steve
> brought up Red Lobster. I clarified they didn't serve them in the 1980's.
> I've never tasted the ones from Red Lobster, either. I'm sure yours are
> better. I know mine are. I was merely pointing out I don't add onion and
> garlic to my cheddar drop biscuits. It went downhill from there.

I didn't used to add those things to mine but I did add them once some years
ago and that's when people commented that they were better than Red
Lobster's. I have added them since a few times but usually when I make them,
I'm in a hurry to add something to a meal and I don't bother. I do think
they are better with.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> On 1/11/2019 11:57 AM, cshenk wrote:
> > Sqwertz wrote:

> >>Never >>> ate> there and never bought the mix.

> >>there >> at Red Lobster.

> > > At what age were you when somebody first told you about the
> > > Cheddar Bay Biscuits at Red Lobster?
> > >
> > > That was another rhetorical question. Red Lobster did not have a
> > > biscuit in any of their restaurants until 1992.

https://www.redlobster.com/news-pres...r-bay-biscuits

> > > You just wanted to contradict somebody with your usual, unfounded
> > > bullshit in typical Bove Style.

> > > I just showed it to you.
> > >
> > > -sw

> > They had something else before them though. I used to eat there now
> > and again when in college. There was a bread, possibly a garlic
> > bread.
> >

> I do believe they had garlic bread. I haven't worked there since
> around 1980 or 81.
>
> Jill

I don't recall if it was in a toast type of form or a sort of biscuit
though. I DO recall something very like the RL sort from back in the
80's but they were at the 'Study Hall' (a bar in Clemson SC).

The Study Hall was a combination pizza/other stuff and a bar down
stairs. The students could put their parents minds at rest that the
son/daughter was at the 'study hall' (none the wiser).

You got one per person for free in the dining area and if food was
slow, they'd refill them. You could also order a doggie bag of them at
the bar for the road at something like 3/1$ at the Study Hall. (that
was a profit then for the size and ingredients but not a large one,
still you'd suck up a beer or so while waiting for them).

Posted to rec.food.cooking

U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 21:26:24 -0000 (UTC), Wayne Boatwright
> > wrote:
>
> > On Fri 11 Jan 2019 10:02:46a, U.S. Janet B. told us...
> >
> >> On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 23:55:07 -0600, Sqwertz

> >> I didn't plate. Hungry husband hanging over shoulder.
> >> https://s1171.photobucket.com/user/g...Biscuits%203_z
> >> psgkfo4c3m.jpg.html Janet US
> >>

> > Those look delicious!
> >
> > I make scratch biscuits using White Lily flour, adding sharp
> > cheddar cheese, a modest amont of granulated garlic, and a twist or
> > two of freshly groud black pepper. I scoop up some dough, then dip
> > in melted butter and bake on parchment paper.

> I hadn't thought of dipping dough. I bet that makes the biscuits
> golden. I like the black pepper idea.
> Janet US

Might like this?

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.05

Title: Xxcarol's Brie, Pepper, Onion soda bread
Categories: Breads, Xxcarol
Yield: 6 Servings

2 c Flour, white all purpose
1 ts Salt
1/3 c Butter
1 c Slivered brie (or small bits
1/2 c Fine chopped onion
1 tb Black pepper
2/3 c Milk
1 tb Baking soda

Start with all the dry ingredients and mix them well in a large bowl.
Now add the butter (softened but not melted) and chop that into the
mix as well as you reasonably can. Add the remaining ingredients and
mix to a dough. Using a preheated oven (always preheat when making
bread or fish!) bake at 450 degrees for about 25 minutes.

You can actually use any cheese I can think of for this (if using
cottage cheese, add a bit more flour if it seems to 'wet') and you
may want to vary the spice used to match the cheese type. The onions
are optional.

From the kitchen of: xxcarol From: Date: 06-26-97
Cooking

MMMMM

Posted to rec.food.cooking

-----
From: "Red Lobster Guest Relations"

To: Sqwertz

Dear Mr. Sqwertz:

Thank you for your interest in Red Lobster. The Lynnwood, WA Red
Lobster location opened on August 13, 1990.
-----

That's 15 years before you think it opened, and was there even
before you moved away and before the Olive Garden (no doubt another
lie). When you make up "facts" just so you'll have something inane
and/or bitchy to say, that's lying. If you have nothing to say and
nothing to add to the conversation, then just shut the **** up for
once in your miserable life!

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 00:16:06 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> I said the one here (Lynnwood) has always had them. We moved back here
>> when
>> Angela was 6. So 14 years ago. Can't remember if the Red Lobster was
>> there
>> then or not. If it was, it was, it wasn't there for long. It's next door
>> Olive Garden and that was put in shortly before we moved away. We moved
>> away
>> about 23 years ago.

> -----
> From: "Red Lobster Guest Relations"
> >
> To: Sqwertz
>
> Dear Mr. Sqwertz:
>
> Thank you for your interest in Red Lobster. The Lynnwood, WA Red
> Lobster location opened on August 13, 1990.
> -----
>
> That's 15 years before you think it opened, and was there even
> before you moved away and before the Olive Garden (no doubt another
> lie). When you make up "facts" just so you'll have something inane
> and/or bitchy to say, that's lying. If you have nothing to say and
> nothing to add to the conversation, then just shut the **** up for
> once in your miserable life!

Okay then. I stand corrected. Apparently nobody I know ate there back then.
Sheesh!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, January 19, 2019 at 2:10:42 PM UTC-6, Sqwertz wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 00:16:06 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:
>
> > I said the one here (Lynnwood) has always had them. We moved back here when
> > Angela was 6. So 14 years ago. Can't remember if the Red Lobster was there
> > then or not. If it was, it was, it wasn't there for long. It's next door to
> > Olive Garden and that was put in shortly before we moved away. We moved away
> > about 23 years ago.

> -----
> From: "Red Lobster Guest Relations"
> >
> To: Sqwertz
>
> Dear Mr. Sqwertz:
>
> Thank you for your interest in Red Lobster. The Lynnwood, WA Red
> Lobster location opened on August 13, 1990.
> -----
>
> That's 15 years before you think it opened, and was there even
> before you moved away and before the Olive Garden (no doubt another
> lie). When you make up "facts" just so you'll have something inane
> and/or bitchy to say, that's lying. If you have nothing to say and
> nothing to add to the conversation, then just shut the **** up for
> once in your miserable life!
>
> -sw

I'll say one thing for Ju-Ju, she is consistently being caught lying!!
BWAHAHAHAAAAAA