Old 10-01-2019, 11:30 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Soup for dinner

Julie Bove wrote:

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 16:14:32 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
On Tue, 8 Jan 2019 16:37:56 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

Cheese biscuits are good. I occasionally make drop biscuits with some
finely grated sharp cheddar cheese added. I don't add onion or
garlic,
though.

Then you should try working at Red Lubester again - AYCE cheddar
biscuits. I often buy their dry biscuit mix. I know I could just
buy Bisquick or a generic clone, but the biscuit mix is somehow
better.

People have told me mine are better than theirs. I wouldn't know.
Never ate
there and never bought the mix.

Yet you just claimed they have ALWAYS had cheddar bay biscuits there
at Red Lobster.

At the one here, yes. People have told me about them. I've never eaten
there as I don't like seafood and I don't want to go into a seafood
restaurant. I have been into seafood places before and the smell is
offputting to me.

Again, yoose is probably allergic to seafood.

Old 10-01-2019, 11:49 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 11:40:59 -0600, Sqwertz
wrote:

On Tue, 8 Jan 2019 16:37:56 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

Cheese biscuits are good. I occasionally make drop biscuits with some
finely grated sharp cheddar cheese added. I don't add onion or garlic,
though.

Then you should try working at Red Lubester again - AYCE cheddar
biscuits. I often buy their dry biscuit mix. I know I could just
buy Bisquick or a generic clone, but the biscuit mix is somehow
better.

-sw

I just threw the rest of the box away. I picked it up at Costco and
thought it sounded good. Meh. I do better. Making the biscuits from
scratch and adding in real cheddar is much better. For the amount of
'work' you have to do and the mixing bowl, I might as well do my own.
The texture is much better, better mouth feel.
Janet US
Old 11-01-2019, 12:25 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-01-10 5:48 p.m., Julie Bove wrote:

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 16:08:41 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

I don't usually add those either but my gardener likes bold flavors
and they
really did make them better than usual! The amount that he ate,
tells me
that he likes them more than what I usually make.

Yet you (and he) think he has gluten issues? I guess we can rite
off that theory permanently then, RIGHT?

Are you getting even MORE ludicrous for 2019?

I don't know what's going on there. Now he says he needs to eat "some"
gluten. I can't pin him down as to what the real issue it. He is
having issues that I am aware of that could indeed be signs of celiac
but... That's not my call.

Right. First he will talk things he can't or won't eat. In a couple
months months it will be a different list and he will deny that he ever
had problems with the other things.

Gardener may be 'beavering' away for some other lady who is a better cook.

And he certainly knows a the dietary ailments to claim.

Old 11-01-2019, 02:16 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Correction: ( Soup for dinner)

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 14:53:35 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 13:38:07 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

*Salad* or cole slaw. They offered a small side salad with tiny
tomatoes and various types of salad dressings. Then they offered hush
puppies or apple sauce.

Applesauce at a seafood restaurant? That's so ... 70's.

No biscuits when I wored there.

Yes, I know - you had rolls.

From the pics I've seen, she had no rolls. She's rather thin.

[slapping knee] There was a bug on it.

-sw
Old 11-01-2019, 02:24 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 14:48:28 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 16:08:41 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

I don't usually add those either but my gardener likes bold flavors and
they
really did make them better than usual! The amount that he ate, tells me
that he likes them more than what I usually make.

Yet you (and he) think he has gluten issues? I guess we can rite
off that theory permanently then, RIGHT?

Are you getting even MORE ludicrous for 2019?

I don't know what's going on there. Now he says he needs to eat "some"
gluten. I can't pin him down as to what the real issue it.

It's called, "He's playing you".

-sw

Old 11-01-2019, 02:31 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 14:50:11 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 16:14:32 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

People have told me mine are better than theirs. I wouldn't know. Never
ate there and never bought the mix.

Yet you just claimed they have ALWAYS had cheddar bay biscuits there
at Red Lobster.

At the one here, yes. People have told me about them.

At what age were you when somebody first told you about the Cheddar
Bay Biscuits at Red Lobster?

That was another rhetorical question. Red Lobster did not have a
biscuit in any of their restaurants until 1992.

https://www.redlobster.com/news-pres...r-bay-biscuits

You just wanted to contradict somebody with your usual, unfounded
bullshit in typical Bove Style.

Where's the lie? There isn't one.

I just showed it to you.

-sw
Old 11-01-2019, 02:50 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

On Tue, 8 Jan 2019 16:37:56 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

Cheese biscuits are good. I occasionally make drop biscuits with some
finely grated sharp cheddar cheese added. I don't add onion or garlic,
though.

Then you should try working at Red Lubester again - AYCE cheddar
biscuits. I often buy their dry biscuit mix. I know I could just
buy Bisquick or a generic clone, but the biscuit mix is somehow
better.

I just threw the rest of the box away. I picked it up at Costco and
thought it sounded good. Meh. I do better. Making the biscuits from
scratch and adding in real cheddar is much better. For the amount of
'work' you have to do and the mixing bowl, I might as well do my own.
The texture is much better, better mouth feel.

But didn't you at least keep those little packets of 11 secret herbs
and spices!

-sw
Old 11-01-2019, 04:12 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

nah. they fell into the trash when I upended the box. I like my
biscuits with cheddar and chopped Hatch chilies. I think I even put a
pic of them on my PhotoBucket. Now, I have to make some, I've got a
craving.
Janet US
Old 11-01-2019, 05:10 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

But didn't you at least keep those little packets of 11 secret herbs
and spices!

nah. they fell into the trash when I upended the box. I like my
biscuits with cheddar and chopped Hatch chilies. I think I even put a
pic of them on my PhotoBucket. Now, I have to make some, I've got a
craving.

I thought for sure I had cheddar hatch biscuits. Does regular
biscuits with sausage and ripe hatch chile gravy work? With hash
browns ....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwert...n/photostream/

-sw
Old 11-01-2019, 05:29 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article , Sqwertz
wrote:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwert...n/photostream/

Beautiful shot.

leo

Old 11-01-2019, 05:55 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 21:29:19 -0800, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:

In article , Sqwertz
wrote:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwert...n/photostream/

Beautiful shot.

Thank you. Sometimes I get lucky with only 15 seconds worth of
plating and ONE quick photo.

-sw
Old 11-01-2019, 08:03 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Hank Rogers" wrote in message
Julie Bove wrote:

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 16:08:41 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

I don't usually add those either but my gardener likes bold flavors
and they
really did make them better than usual! The amount that he ate,
tells me
that he likes them more than what I usually make.

Yet you (and he) think he has gluten issues? I guess we can rite
off that theory permanently then, RIGHT?

Are you getting even MORE ludicrous for 2019?

I don't know what's going on there. Now he says he needs to eat "some"
gluten. I can't pin him down as to what the real issue it. He is having
issues that I am aware of that could indeed be signs of celiac but...
That's not my call.

Yoose need to consult Dr. Popeye. He'll figure out what's wrong with yoose
gardener and prescribe the correct remedy.

No need for that! I know what he'd prescribe.

Old 11-01-2019, 08:04 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-01-10 5:48 p.m., Julie Bove wrote:

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
[...]

He doesn't deny that he said it. I don't know. He could be like me and have
food intolerances. Those can come and go.

Old 11-01-2019, 08:11 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 16:08:41 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

I don't usually add those either but my gardener likes bold flavors and
they
really did make them better than usual! The amount that he ate, tells
me
that he likes them more than what I usually make.

Yet you (and he) think he has gluten issues? I guess we can rite
off that theory permanently then, RIGHT?

Are you getting even MORE ludicrous for 2019?

I don't know what's going on there. Now he says he needs to eat "some"
gluten. I can't pin him down as to what the real issue it.

It's called, "He's playing you".

And I'm fine with that!

Old 11-01-2019, 08:16 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 16:14:32 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

People have told me mine are better than theirs. I wouldn't know. Never
ate there and never bought the mix.

Yet you just claimed they have ALWAYS had cheddar bay biscuits there
at Red Lobster.

At the one here, yes. People have told me about them.

At what age were you when somebody first told you about the Cheddar
Bay Biscuits at Red Lobster?

That was another rhetorical question. Red Lobster did not have a
biscuit in any of their restaurants until 1992.

https://www.redlobster.com/news-pres...r-bay-biscuits

You just wanted to contradict somebody with your usual, unfounded
bullshit in typical Bove Style.

Where's the lie? There isn't one.

I just showed it to you.

I said the one here (Lynnwood) has always had them. We moved back here when
Angela was 6. So 14 years ago. Can't remember if the Red Lobster was there
then or not. If it was, it was, it wasn't there for long. It's next door to
Olive Garden and that was put in shortly before we moved away. We moved away
about 23 years ago.