Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Circulon pot quality

Just had a delivery. A 3 qt pot to replace one i ruined.
Wow. The quality went so far downhill I am stunned.
I did not try but I bet I can bend the crap out of it by hand. No way to do that with my 20 yr old one.

On a side, the instructions say to never clean it with oven cleaner. That is how I destroyed my old one.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, January 4, 2019 at 11:10:15 AM UTC-10, Thomas wrote:
> Just had a delivery. A 3 qt pot to replace one i ruined.
> Wow. The quality went so far downhill I am stunned.
> I did not try but I bet I can bend the crap out of it by hand. No way to do that with my 20 yr old one.
>
> On a side, the instructions say to never clean it with oven cleaner. That is how I destroyed my old one.

Welcome to the party, pal! You might be able to bend the crap out of it by hand. I have. All I have to do is apply the iron palm of death technique. Makes me feel like Bruce Lee. Of course, this only works with aluminum pans.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I wish i did not throw it out. Could have stuck it in a campfire for a day.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Thomas" > wrote in message
> Just had a delivery. A 3 qt pot to replace one i ruined.
> Wow. The quality went so far downhill I am stunned.
> I did not try but I bet I can bend the crap out of it by hand. No way to
> do that with my 20 yr old one.
>
> On a side, the instructions say to never clean it with oven cleaner. That
> is how I destroyed my old one.

I wouldn't use oven cleaner on a pan!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/5/2019 1:18 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

> I wouldn't use oven cleaner on a pan!

It's the only way to clean "polished" stainless steel. NEVER use oven
cleaner on aluminum.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, January 5, 2019 at 10:23:04 AM UTC-5, notbob wrote:
> On 1/5/2019 1:18 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>
> > I wouldn't use oven cleaner on a pan!

> It's the only way to clean "polished" stainless steel. NEVER use oven
> cleaner on aluminum.
>
> nb

Naw, I use Barkeeper's Friend on polished stainless. Of course, I don't
let my All-Clad pans get so groddy that oven cleaner would even be
considered.

I'd never use oven cleaner on anything.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> I'd never use oven cleaner on anything.

That stuff *does* work amazingly well to clean an oven which is
what it was designed for. The last time I cleaned my oven with
it, it was so darn quick and easy I wondered why I had put it off
so long.

It is time for me to do that again. (note to self)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, January 5, 2019 at 10:52:54 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> >
> > I'd never use oven cleaner on anything.

> That stuff *does* work amazingly well to clean an oven which is
> what it was designed for. The last time I cleaned my oven with
> it, it was so darn quick and easy I wondered why I had put it off
> so long.
>
> It is time for me to do that again. (note to self)

Self-cleaning oven. Greatest invention after the dishwasher.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, January 5, 2019 at 9:44:24 AM UTC-6, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On Saturday, January 5, 2019 at 10:23:04 AM UTC-5, notbob wrote:
>
> > On 1/5/2019 1:18 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
> >
> > > I wouldn't use oven cleaner on a pan!

> > It's the only way to clean "polished" stainless steel. NEVER use oven
> > cleaner on aluminum.
> >
> > nb

> Naw, I use Barkeeper's Friend on polished stainless. Of course, I don't
> let my All-Clad pans get so groddy that oven cleaner would even be
> considered.
>
> I'd never use oven cleaner on anything.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

I've oven cleaner and have used once in the hundred years. But like you, I,
too, use Barkeeper's Friend. It makes my Calphalon look like the day I took
it out of the box when it was brand new.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, January 4, 2019 at 3:10:15 PM UTC-6, Thomas wrote:
> Just had a delivery. A 3 qt pot to replace one i ruined.
> Wow. The quality went so far downhill I am stunned.
> I did not try but I bet I can bend the crap out of it by hand. No way to do that with my 20 yr old one.
>
> On a side, the instructions say to never clean it with oven cleaner. That is how I destroyed my old one.

When I think about pot quality, I think of something completely different!

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 5 Jan 2019 15:59:33 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe
> wrote:

>On Friday, January 4, 2019 at 3:10:15 PM UTC-6, Thomas wrote:
>> Just had a delivery. A 3 qt pot to replace one i ruined.
>> Wow. The quality went so far downhill I am stunned.
>> I did not try but I bet I can bend the crap out of it by hand. No way to do that with my 20 yr old one.
>>
>> On a side, the instructions say to never clean it with oven cleaner. That is how I destroyed my old one.

>When I think about pot quality, I think of something completely different!

Of course, you're a pothead nurse in the making!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, January 5, 2019 at 7:00:26 PM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:
> On Sat, 5 Jan 2019 15:59:33 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe
> > wrote:
>
> >On Friday, January 4, 2019 at 3:10:15 PM UTC-6, Thomas wrote:
> >> Just had a delivery. A 3 qt pot to replace one i ruined.
> >> Wow. The quality went so far downhill I am stunned.
> >> I did not try but I bet I can bend the crap out of it by hand. No way to do that with my 20 yr old one.
> >>
> >> On a side, the instructions say to never clean it with oven cleaner. That is how I destroyed my old one.

> >When I think about pot quality, I think of something completely different!

> Of course, you're a pothead nurse in the making!

Cannabis Nurse:

https://cannabisnurses.org/What-is-Cannabis-Nursing

John Kuthe, RN, BSN, Cannabis Nurse GONNABE!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/5/2019 11:33 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> Self-cleaning oven. Greatest invention after the dishwasher.

Sadly, I have neither.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, January 6, 2019 at 8:44:32 AM UTC-6, notbob wrote:
> On 1/5/2019 11:33 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>
> > Self-cleaning oven. Greatest invention after the dishwasher.

> Sadly, I have neither.
>
> nb

Self cleaning ovens use a tremendous amount of ENERGY to self clean! But you can use one to warm a small house!

Always think from an energy standpoint/perspective! Imagine having to generate that energy on a bicycle pedal generator! ;-)

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
says...

> On Saturday, January 5, 2019 at 7:00:26 PM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:
> > On Sat, 5 Jan 2019 15:59:33 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe
> > > wrote:

> > >When I think about pot quality, I think of something completely different!

> > Of course, you're a pothead nurse in the making!

> Cannabis Nurse:

https://cannabisnurses.org/What-is-Cannabis-Nursing

> John Kuthe, RN, BSN, Cannabis Nurse GONNABE!

from your above link . quote

"Will I be a "certified cannabis nurse" if I pass the test?

Not exactly. Individuals who pass the test are deemed "competent" in
cannabis nursing.

To become certified in a specialty, nurses must gain additional
education and clinical hours, pass an exam, and periodically renew their
credentials."

"When will that happen?

Achieving recognition by the ANCC is, frankly, several years in the
future. There are rigorous criteria that must be met, additional
education and clinical hours to track, exams and renewing qualifications
to be developed and approved. Even under the best of circumstances this
is a time consuming and difficult process. In the case of cannabis
nursing it is further complicated by the Schedule I status of cannabis
in the United States

Janet UK.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, January 5, 2019 at 5:52:54 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> >
> > I'd never use oven cleaner on anything.

> That stuff *does* work amazingly well to clean an oven which is
> what it was designed for. The last time I cleaned my oven with
> it, it was so darn quick and easy I wondered why I had put it off
> so long.
>
> It is time for me to do that again. (note to self)

It's a fairly nasty substance - lye in a gel form. Most folks are afraid of using it and I suppose they should be. I think it's neat stuff myself.

These days it's probably easier and cheaper to use the self-cleaning cycle on your oven. This would cost about a buck of electricity in the US and around $2.80 in Hawaii.

The first time I used the self-cleaning cycle on my Samsung range, it fried the temperature sensor in the oven. That cost me around 17 bucks to replace.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:

> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > Self-cleaning oven. Greatest invention after the dishwasher.

> Sadly, I have neither.

No loss either way, imo. I don't have a self-cleaning oven than
mySELF has to clean it occasionally. I've had dishwashers forever
and I still prefer to hand wash. Worthless appliance imo unless
you have a very large family or large family get-together.

I'd choose extra cabinet space over a dishwasher. Ferrets get
trapped underneath them too.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, January 6, 2019 at 10:00:12 AM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Sunday, January 6, 2019 at 8:44:32 AM UTC-6, notbob wrote:
> > On 1/5/2019 11:33 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> >
> > > Self-cleaning oven. Greatest invention after the dishwasher.

> > Sadly, I have neither.
> >
> > nb

> Self cleaning ovens use a tremendous amount of ENERGY to self clean! But you can use one to warm a small house!
>
> Always think from an energy standpoint/perspective! Imagine having to generate that energy on a bicycle pedal generator! ;-)

You're an imbecile. I run the self-clean cycle in the winter, and the
furnace does not call for heat while it is doing so. In the summer, I don't
use the oven, so there's no need to clean it.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, January 6, 2019 at 11:04:24 AM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
> On Saturday, January 5, 2019 at 5:52:54 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
> > Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > >
> > > I'd never use oven cleaner on anything.

> > That stuff *does* work amazingly well to clean an oven which is
> > what it was designed for. The last time I cleaned my oven with
> > it, it was so darn quick and easy I wondered why I had put it off
> > so long.
> >
> > It is time for me to do that again. (note to self)

> It's a fairly nasty substance - lye in a gel form. Most folks are afraid of using it and I suppose they should be. I think it's neat stuff myself.
>
> These days it's probably easier and cheaper to use the self-cleaning cycle on your oven. This would cost about a buck of electricity in the US and around $2.80 in Hawaii.

Hawaii is in the U.S.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, January 6, 2019 at 11:44:57 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> notbob wrote:
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > > Self-cleaning oven. Greatest invention after the dishwasher.

> > Sadly, I have neither.

> No loss either way, imo. I don't have a self-cleaning oven than
> mySELF has to clean it occasionally. I've had dishwashers forever
> and I still prefer to hand wash. Worthless appliance imo unless
> you have a very large family or large family get-together.
>
> I'd choose extra cabinet space over a dishwasher. Ferrets get
> trapped underneath them too.

We run the dishwasher every day, and usually twice on Saturdays
and Sundays.

No pets. I won't have anything that doesn't shit in the toilet.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-01-06 12:32 p.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>>> Sadly, I have neither.
>>>
>>> nb

>> Self cleaning ovens use a tremendous amount of ENERGY to self clean! But you can use one to warm a small house!
>>
>> Always think from an energy standpoint/perspective! Imagine having to generate that energy on a bicycle pedal generator! ;-)

> You're an imbecile. I run the self-clean cycle in the winter, and the
> furnace does not call for heat while it is doing so. In the summer, I don't
> use the oven, so there's no need to clean it.

I ran mine the week before Christmas. Fortunately, the outside
temperature was abnormally high, so I could open the window and leave
the exhaust fan on. I usually leave that task for cool autumn or spring
days. I do use my oven occasionally in the summer for baking. It is
hard to bake a fruit pie without some of the sticky juice dripping over
the edge. I have learned to put fruit pies on pans to catch that stuff.

When there are peach and cherry orchards less than a mile from home it
is impossible not to bake fresh fruit pies, no matter how hot it is outside.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, January 6, 2019 at 7:32:55 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Sunday, January 6, 2019 at 11:04:24 AM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:

> > > That stuff *does* work amazingly well to clean an oven which is
> > > what it was designed for. The last time I cleaned my oven with
> > > it, it was so darn quick and easy I wondered why I had put it off
> > > so long.
> > >
> > > It is time for me to do that again. (note to self)

> > It's a fairly nasty substance - lye in a gel form. Most folks are afraid of using it and I suppose they should be. I think it's neat stuff myself.
> >
> > These days it's probably easier and cheaper to use the self-cleaning cycle on your oven. This would cost about a buck of electricity in the US and around $2.80 in Hawaii.

> Hawaii is in the U.S.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Yes, I know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP1GchaSO1A
Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:

> On 1/5/2019 11:33 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > Self-cleaning oven. Greatest invention after the dishwasher.

> Sadly, I have neither.

I have the dishwasher which now stores pots and lids. You're not
missing out on anything.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-01-07 7:52 a.m., Gary wrote:
> notbob wrote:
>>
>> On 1/5/2019 11:33 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>> Self-cleaning oven. Greatest invention after the dishwasher.

>> Sadly, I have neither.

> I have the dishwasher which now stores pots and lids. You're not
> missing out on anything.

When our old dishwasher died I did not want to replace it. I find it
faster and easier to do dishes by hand when there is just the two of us.
My wife disagreed and it was replaced. I still prefer to do it by hand.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/7/2019 10:40 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2019-01-07 7:52 a.m., Gary wrote:
>> notbob wrote:

>>> Sadly, I have neither.Â*

>> I have the dishwasher which now stores pots and lids. You're not
>> missing out on anything.

> When our old dishwasher died I did not want to replace it. I find it
> faster and easier to do dishes by hand when there is just the two of us.
> My wife disagreed and it was replaced.Â* I still prefer to do it by hand.

When we first moved here, for a week we had only a few dishes and
utensils so I washed them after every meal. What a PITA. Once we had
our stuff, the machine took over. Now it runs about every other day.

No dishpan hands here!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, January 7, 2019 at 11:39:37 AM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 1/7/2019 10:40 AM, Dave Smith wrote:

> >> I have the dishwasher which now stores pots and lids. You're not
> >> missing out on anything.

> > When our old dishwasher died I did not want to replace it. I find it
> > faster and easier to do dishes by hand when there is just the two of us..
> > My wife disagreed and it was replaced.Â* I still prefer to do it by hand.
> >

> When we first moved here, for a week we had only a few dishes and
> utensils so I washed them after every meal. What a PITA. Once we had
> our stuff, the machine took over. Now it runs about every other day.
>
> No dishpan hands here!

Same here. I've never wanted to work as an unpaid scullery
maid.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 7 Jan 2019 09:41:17 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Monday, January 7, 2019 at 11:39:37 AM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>> > When our old dishwasher died I did not want to replace it. I find it
>> > faster and easier to do dishes by hand when there is just the two of us.
>> > My wife disagreed and it was replaced.* I still prefer to do it by hand.
>> >

>> When we first moved here, for a week we had only a few dishes and
>> utensils so I washed them after every meal. What a PITA. Once we had
>> our stuff, the machine took over. Now it runs about every other day.
>>
>> No dishpan hands here!

>Same here. I've never wanted to work as an unpaid scullery
>maid.

Who does your vacuuming?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message

On Monday, January 7, 2019 at 11:39:37 AM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 1/7/2019 10:40 AM, Dave Smith wrote:

> >> I have the dishwasher which now stores pots and lids. You're not
> >> missing out on anything.

> > When our old dishwasher died I did not want to replace it. I find it
> > faster and easier to do dishes by hand when there is just the two of us.
> > My wife disagreed and it was replaced. I still prefer to do it by hand.
> >

> When we first moved here, for a week we had only a few dishes and
> utensils so I washed them after every meal. What a PITA. Once we had
> our stuff, the machine took over. Now it runs about every other day.
>
> No dishpan hands here!

Same here. I've never wanted to work as an unpaid scullery
maid.

Cindy Hamilton

==

Early last year, I had a bad fall hurting my back, and was off my feet for a
couple of months. D. bought a dishwasher! I had never wanted one and when
the one I'd had died years ago, decided not to bother to renew it. I was
quite happy to wash the dishes etc myself, so I wasn't too pleased.

I use it now!!! And I am glad to have it)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 7 Jan 2019 11:39:34 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 1/7/2019 10:40 AM, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> I have the dishwasher which now stores pots and lids. You're not
>>> missing out on anything.

>> When our old dishwasher died I did not want to replace it. I find it
>> faster and easier to do dishes by hand when there is just the two of us.
>> My wife disagreed and it was replaced.* I still prefer to do it by hand.
>>

>When we first moved here, for a week we had only a few dishes and
>utensils so I washed them after every meal. What a PITA. Once we had
>our stuff, the machine took over. Now it runs about every other day.

For two people I find the dishwasher more trouble than hand washing.

I've been hand washing all my life, dishes for two take me under ten
minutes to wash, dry, and put away.

>No dishpan hands here!

Rubber gloves!
These last years and years:
http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/pag...77&cat=1,42207
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-01-07 12:21 p.m., Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Mon 07 Jan 2019 08:40:13a, Dave Smith told us...

>>> I have the dishwasher which now stores pots and lids. You're not
>>> missing out on anything.

>> When our old dishwasher died I did not want to replace it. I find
>> it faster and easier to do dishes by hand when there is just the
>> two of us. My wife disagreed and it was replaced. I still prefer
>> to do it by hand.
>>

> If I didn't have a self-cleaning oven I would never bake anything
> messy. let alone any thing roasted that spattered. If I didn't have a
> dishwasher, I probablay wouldn't cook at all. I detest cleanup. We
> have a very good dishwasher and I'm OCDC about loading it. It even
> removes anything that may have burned on

I have a Bosch self clean oven but I don't use that feature any more.
The oven was badly designed and I don't think the cooling fan for the
electronics can handle the very high temperature. I'd like to replace it
but that would require a certain amount of re-modelling and I'm not sure
it's worth it. When I sell my house to downsize, it will either be
demolished or, more likely, jacked up and carted off to some rural
property before the new owner builds a mansion.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, January 7, 2019 at 12:45:59 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Jan 2019 09:41:17 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:

> >> When we first moved here, for a week we had only a few dishes and
> >> utensils so I washed them after every meal. What a PITA. Once we had
> >> our stuff, the machine took over. Now it runs about every other day.
> >>
> >> No dishpan hands here!

> >Same here. I've never wanted to work as an unpaid scullery
> >maid.

> Who does your vacuuming?

Up until recently, it was my house cleaner. Now it'll probably be my husband,
who is retired.

I have no objection to doing housework (although it was nice to pay someone
to do it), but I see no reason for it to be more onerous than necessary.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message

On Monday, January 7, 2019 at 12:45:59 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Jan 2019 09:41:17 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:

> >> When we first moved here, for a week we had only a few dishes and
> >> utensils so I washed them after every meal. What a PITA. Once we had
> >> our stuff, the machine took over. Now it runs about every other day.
> >>
> >> No dishpan hands here!

> >Same here. I've never wanted to work as an unpaid scullery
> >maid.

> Who does your vacuuming?

Up until recently, it was my house cleaner. Now it'll probably be my
husband,
who is retired.

I have no objection to doing housework (although it was nice to pay someone
to do it), but I see no reason for it to be more onerous than necessary.

Cindy Hamilton

==

Oh I do agree! I hired a cleaner all the years I was working. Now, we
share the work

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 06 Jan 2019 11:44:37 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>notbob wrote:
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> > Self-cleaning oven. Greatest invention after the dishwasher.

>> Sadly, I have neither.

>No loss either way, imo. I don't have a self-cleaning oven than
>mySELF has to clean it occasionally. I've had dishwashers forever
>and I still prefer to hand wash. Worthless appliance imo unless
>you have a very large family or large family get-together.

Great for 2 people too: 3 meals x 2 plus drinks and whatnot x every
day.

>I'd choose extra cabinet space over a dishwasher. Ferrets get
>trapped underneath them too.

Either that's a dishwasher on legs or the ferret's very flat.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 6 Jan 2019 09:33:53 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Sunday, January 6, 2019 at 11:44:57 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
>> notbob wrote:

>> > Sadly, I have neither.

>> No loss either way, imo. I don't have a self-cleaning oven than
>> mySELF has to clean it occasionally. I've had dishwashers forever
>> and I still prefer to hand wash. Worthless appliance imo unless
>> you have a very large family or large family get-together.
>>
>> I'd choose extra cabinet space over a dishwasher. Ferrets get
>> trapped underneath them too.

>We run the dishwasher every day, and usually twice on Saturdays
>and Sundays.

That's the other extreme. Maybe you eat 24/24?

>No pets. I won't have anything that doesn't shit in the toilet.

So that was a tense moment with your husband in the beginning.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 6 Jan 2019 15:36:41 -0000, Janet > wrote:

>In article >,
says...

>> John Kuthe, RN, BSN, Cannabis Nurse GONNABE!

> from your above link . quote
>
> "Will I be a "certified cannabis nurse" if I pass the test?
>
>Not exactly. Individuals who pass the test are deemed "competent" in
>cannabis nursing.
>
>To become certified in a specialty, nurses must gain additional
>education and clinical hours, pass an exam, and periodically renew their
>credentials."
>
>"When will that happen?
>
>Achieving recognition by the ANCC is, frankly, several years in the
>future. There are rigorous criteria that must be met, additional
>education and clinical hours to track, exams and renewing qualifications
>to be developed and approved. Even under the best of circumstances this
>is a time consuming and difficult process. In the case of cannabis
>nursing it is further complicated by the Schedule I status of cannabis
>in the United States

If we didn't have Janet UK, we wouldn't know all these things. Thanks,
dearie! (yawn)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

:

>> On Sun, 6 Jan 2019 15:36:41 -0000, Janet > wrote:
>>
>>>In article >,
says...

>>> from your above link . quote
>>>
>>> "Will I be a "certified cannabis nurse" if I pass the test?
>>>
>>>Not exactly. Individuals who pass the test are deemed "competent" in
>>>cannabis nursing.
>>>
>>>To become certified in a specialty, nurses must gain additional
>>>education and clinical hours, pass an exam, and periodically renew their
>>>credentials."
>>>
>>>"When will that happen?
>>>
>>>Achieving recognition by the ANCC is, frankly, several years in the
>>>future. There are rigorous criteria that must be met, additional
>>>education and clinical hours to track, exams and renewing qualifications
>>>to be developed and approved. Even under the best of circumstances this
>>>is a time consuming and difficult process. In the case of cannabis
>>>nursing it is further complicated by the Schedule I status of cannabis
>>>in the United States

>> If we didn't have Janet UK, we wouldn't know all these things. Thanks,
>> dearie! (yawn)

>Do the facts bore you? You don't have to read them if you don't want to.

I already have. Damn!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:
> On Sunday, January 6, 2019 at 8:44:32 AM UTC-6, notbob wrote:
>> On 1/5/2019 11:33 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>
>>> Self-cleaning oven. Greatest invention after the dishwasher.

>> Sadly, I have neither.
>>
>> nb

> Self cleaning ovens use a tremendous amount of ENERGY to self clean! But you can use one to warm a small house!
>
> Always think from an energy standpoint/perspective! Imagine having to generate that energy on a bicycle pedal generator! ;-)
>
> John Kuthe...

You had to take a break from just standing around at a Bernie rally.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 4 Jan 2019 13:10:12 -0800 (PST), Thomas wrote:

> Just had a delivery. A 3 qt pot to replace one i ruined. Wow. The
> quality went so far downhill I am stunned. I did not try but I
> bet I can bend the crap out of it by hand. No way to do that with
> my 20 yr old one.

My Circulon is almost 30 years old. I hated it so much I don't use
anything except the two stock pots which see no abrasive action.

> On a side, the instructions say to never clean it with oven
> cleaner. That is how I destroyed my old one.

Congratulations, dimwit.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 05 Jan 2019 10:52:40 -0500, Gary wrote:

> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>
>> I'd never use oven cleaner on anything.

> That stuff *does* work amazingly well to clean an oven which is
> what it was designed for. The last time I cleaned my oven with
> it, it was so darn quick and easy I wondered why I had put it off
> so long.
>
> It is time for me to do that again. (note to self)

You've lived there so long you should break the current oven and
demand a self-cleaning oven.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 6 Jan 2019 07:00:08 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe wrote:

> Always think from an energy standpoint/perspective! Imagine having
> to generate that energy on a bicycle pedal generator! ;-)

And do you think of that every time you boast about your electric
car?

Your hypocrisy is amazing.

-sw