Old 11-01-2019, 08:15 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Circulon pot quality

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 9:50:20 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
"dsi1" wrote in message

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 8:54:51 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
"dsi1" wrote in message

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 12:33:47 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
"dsi1" wrote in message

Yers that looks good, but everything you show does, but ... even
without
the
chili pepper flakes and cumin ... it would certainly flip my wig ....

My wife had kim chee ramen. That was pretty spicy. We like our foods
with
bang-bang, boom-boom.

==

It is just as well you both like wig flipping ...

I got some firm tofu yesterday, so today I will make "Sticky tofu
salad"!

! is right. What the heck is sticky tofu salad?

==

https://realfood.tesco.com/gallery/1...1SIlCd0Wixz.99

it is in among these! As you will guess, I will be leaving out the
papaya

Thanks for the link. It is really sticky!

The old folks on this rock really like papaya. They seem to have a
biological need to eat the stuff. It is an interesting phenomenon and
bears
investigation as to why that is. I used to have to buy papaya for my
mother-in-law constantly, it used to be one of the few foods she could
handle.

==

That sounds good then)

Green papaya is rich in papain which is a powerful digestive enzyme. OTOH,
the papaya as eaten here has less of it. You'd think people here would eat
more green papaya but that's not the case. The oldsters need to eat ripe
papaya should be investigated.

===

Ahh but will they like it with sticky tofu!!

I have some reservations about putting honey on tofu but I can guarantee you that we'll love gado gado! I've fried tofu before but it never occurred to me to marinate it with an intense paste then coat with a starch and fry. That's some new territory right there.

Old 11-01-2019, 08:27 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 8:53:51 AM UTC-10, Jinx the Minx wrote:

We have a papaya tree in one of our yards. For the life of me, I have yet
to figure out why people like it. Smells like vomit to me. DH loves it,
so
not too many go to rot on the ground.

This morning I had a Stone Cookie from Mt. View Bakery. It is likely that
you wouldn't be able to figure out why people like this rock hard
cookie/biscuit. My wife and I can't figure out why people like them. I had
one, she had two. Most people will dip it in coffee or cocoa to soften it up
some. I'm a macho kind of guy so I just attack it commando style.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...hGzvkPc9__Wj39

==

Blimey!

Old 11-01-2019, 08:28 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

[...]

If you do, please report back? It is all new to me too)

Old 11-01-2019, 09:46 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 22:40:28 -0800 (PST), dsi1
wrote:

On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 9:42:16 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
"dsi1" wrote in message

On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 7:13:13 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
"dsi1" wrote in message

On Wednesday, January 9, 2019 at 11:40:56 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
"dsi1" wrote in message

On Wednesday, January 9, 2019 at 9:31:42 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

I certainly is Do you have an oven you can use it in?

Probably not because it's made of plastic. It's actually a Japanese
style
lunch box. On the lid it says "Enjoy Your Meal" and "Le Temps Heureux" -
The
happy times.

I'll use it soon.

Tonight I made and packed up rafute - braised Okinawan shoyu pork belly
and
some slaw dressed with Japan mayo, oyster sauce, and some spicy ketchup.
Boy, that's some tasty stuff!

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...dxd-FnlVBIq04K

==

That looks good I made a Stir fry chop suey and it was good. No pics
though I will have to try to remember to take some.

What was in the chop suey? I like stir fry stuff. Thanks.

==

STIR FRY CHICKEN CHOP SUEY

chicken sliced
bicarb
Toss together and leave for 20 minutes

Mix in together in bowl
cornflour
light soy

Add:
Oyster sauce
Chinese cooking wine
sesame oil
water
Mix together.

Chop:
garlic
onions
stems pak choy stems
med carrot
sliced mushrooms

Rinse and chop chicken into slices

Heat oil, add garlic and onions. Cook 1 minute
Add chicken and cook 1 minute
Add chopped veg stir fry 1 minute
Add sauce and green tops.

That sounds pretty good. I shall keep it in mind. Thanks!

==

I ought to have mentioned ... you do realise that anything spicy in that
recipe, was removed by me ... ;p

Here's what I had for dinner. Mochiko chicken curry. That sauce appears to be made of chili pepper flakes and oil. Curiously, it's not that hot. I'm going to have to try making my version. It's going to have chili pepper flakes and cumin. That would probably flip your wig. Hopefully, it's going to flip mine.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...Ej35IJByqsy3q2

To me there's way too much sauce and that sauce looks exactly like a
rife case of diarreah, honest opinion.
Old 11-01-2019, 09:57 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

[...]

Popeye, yoose spend too much time looking in yoose terlit bowl.

Old 11-01-2019, 10:15 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 10:28:07 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
"dsi1" wrote in message

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 8:53:51 AM UTC-10, Jinx the Minx wrote:

We have a papaya tree in one of our yards. For the life of me, I have yet
to figure out why people like it. Smells like vomit to me. DH loves it,
so
not too many go to rot on the ground.

This morning I had a Stone Cookie from Mt. View Bakery. It is likely that
you wouldn't be able to figure out why people like this rock hard
cookie/biscuit. My wife and I can't figure out why people like them. I had
one, she had two. Most people will dip it in coffee or cocoa to soften it up
some. I'm a macho kind of guy so I just attack it commando style.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...hGzvkPc9__Wj39

==

Blimey!

Years ago, I ordered several bags of cookies from Mt. View Bakery through the phone. The lady taking my order said she'd mail it right out. I got the distinct impression that she was going to walk my order to the post office.

"Do you want my card number?"

"No, we'll send you the bill."

I got the cookies with the invoice and so I mailed a check right off. That's Hawaiians for you. Is it any wonder that they got their land stolen right from under their feet? No it isn't.

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2011/...is-own-recipe/
Old 11-01-2019, 10:17 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

[...]

I will! Google says that I've exceeded the posting limits so it might be while. Bless their little hearts!
Old 11-01-2019, 10:26 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 11:46:31 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:

To me there's way too much sauce and that sauce looks exactly like a
rife case of diarreah, honest opinion.

I cannot say that you're wrong. OTOH, your obsession with diarrhea is one of excessive proportions. It makes my flesh crawl.

As far as the sauce goes, the sauce is the dish, the rice and anything else on the plate are the accompaniments. Japan curry is served on a dish, not in a bowl. Is that rather peculiar? Yes it is.

https://japan.recipetineats.com/wp-c...tsu-Curry2.jpg
Old 11-01-2019, 10:55 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Dsi1, I have never had that message from Google. Are you sure it isn't from your wifi provider?

N.
Old 11-01-2019, 10:58 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:
On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 11:46:31 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:

To me there's way too much sauce and that sauce looks exactly like a
rife case of diarreah, honest opinion.

I cannot say that you're wrong. OTOH, your obsession with diarrhea is one of excessive proportions. It makes my flesh crawl.

He's a creepy sort of guy. It's well past vodka time, so expect some
outrageous stories tonight, up until he passes out.

Old 11-01-2019, 11:01 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

=
[...]

Lol waste not want not ;p

Im fine feeding the squirrels and birds with it. :-)

Old 11-01-2019, 11:20 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 12:55:53 PM UTC-10, Nancy2 wrote:
Dsi1, I have never had that message from Google. Are you sure it isn't from your wifi provider?

N.

Evidently, I have been posting promiscuously today. Google no like. My internet cable service doesn't really care what the heck I do as long as I pay my bill. Beats me why Googles cares how much I post. Some people might see it as a bad thing but I don't mind being reined in. I post too much anyway.
Old 11-01-2019, 11:25 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 12:58:41 PM UTC-10, Hank Rogers wrote:
dsi1 wrote:
On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 11:46:31 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:

To me there's way too much sauce and that sauce looks exactly like a
rife case of diarreah, honest opinion.

I cannot say that you're wrong. OTOH, your obsession with diarrhea is one of excessive proportions. It makes my flesh crawl.

He's a creepy sort of guy. It's well past vodka time, so expect some
outrageous stories tonight, up until he passes out.

My guess is that it's some kind of wild times out at the ranch house. I like to think it's the depravity center of the US.
Old 12-01-2019, 02:15 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 17:21:23 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 2:06:22 PM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 09:37:02 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

It may actually be blue but it's coming across my screen as teal. No matter,
nice pot!

It's blue on my screen. Maybe give your screen a wipe

The important thing is what color is it sitting in his kitchen?
;-)

Yes, someone has to go and have a look or else we can't be sure.
Old 12-01-2019, 02:19 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 10:33:26 -0000, "Ophelia"
wrote:

"dsi1" wrote in message

Yers that looks good, but everything you show does, but ... even without
the
chili pepper flakes and cumin ... it would certainly flip my wig ...

My wife had kim chee ramen. That was pretty spicy. We like our foods with
bang-bang, boom-boom.

==

It is just as well you both like wig flipping ...

I got some firm tofu yesterday, so today I will make "Sticky tofu salad"!

! is right. What the heck is sticky tofu salad?

==

https://realfood.tesco.com/gallery/1...1SIlCd0Wixz.99

it is in among these! As you will guess, I will be leaving out the papaya

But it's not spicy.

Actually, we have a papaya tree and so do my inlaws. Ours taste and
smell a bit pukey when ripe. Theirs taste nice. I wonder where that
difference comes from.