Old 11-01-2019, 06:22 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Circulon pot quality

"Gary" wrote in message ...

Ophelia wrote:

"Gary" wrote in message ...

Ophelia wrote:

"dsi1" wrote
What the heck is sticky tofu salad?

==
https://realfood.tesco.com/gallery/1...1SIlCd0Wixz.99

it is in among these! As you will guess, I will be leaving out the
papaya

Why not the papaya? Don't like that either?
I AM surprised that you would use the TBS of sesame oil
though as you two tend to like bland recipes.
==

We like a lot of stuff that is not bland. Not bland doesn't have to mean
spicy.

Incidentally, we don't say papaya is bland, we just don't like it!

If that is ok with you...

Don't go getting all huffy. I was just asking.

=
No you weren't! ;p

Old 11-01-2019, 06:49 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"cshenk" wrote in message

Ophelia wrote:

"Gary" wrote in message ...

Ophelia wrote:

"dsi1" wrote
What the heck is sticky tofu salad?

==

https://realfood.tesco.com/gallery/1...1SIlCd0Wixz.99

it is in among these! As you will guess, I will be leaving out the
papaya g

Why not the papaya? Don't like that either?
I AM surprised that you would use the TBS of sesame oil
though as you two tend to like bland recipes.
==

We like a lot of stuff that is not bland. Not bland doesn't have to
mean spicy.

Incidentally, we don't say papaya is bland, we just don't like it!

If that is ok with you...

Grin, Papaya is one of the more common ones to have an allergy or a
lower level called 'food sensitivity'.

==

Oh dear. We just don't like the taste so perhaps that is lucky for us g

Old 11-01-2019, 06:50 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 12:33:47 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
"dsi1" wrote in message

Yers that looks good, but everything you show does, but ... even
without
the
chili pepper flakes and cumin ... it would certainly flip my wig ...

My wife had kim chee ramen. That was pretty spicy. We like our foods
with
bang-bang, boom-boom.

==

It is just as well you both like wig flipping ...

I got some firm tofu yesterday, so today I will make "Sticky tofu
salad"!

! is right. What the heck is sticky tofu salad?

==

https://realfood.tesco.com/gallery/1...1SIlCd0Wixz.99

it is in among these! As you will guess, I will be leaving out the papaya

Thanks for the link. It is really sticky!

The old folks on this rock really like papaya. They seem to have a
biological need to eat the stuff. It is an interesting phenomenon and bears
investigation as to why that is. I used to have to buy papaya for my
mother-in-law constantly, it used to be one of the few foods she could
handle.

==

That sounds good then)

Old 11-01-2019, 06:52 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 12:47:51 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
"Ophelia" wrote in message ...

"dsi1" wrote in message

Yers that looks good, but everything you show does, but ... even
without
the
chili pepper flakes and cumin ... it would certainly flip my wig ...

My wife had kim chee ramen. That was pretty spicy. We like our foods
with
bang-bang, boom-boom.

==

It is just as well you both like wig flipping ...

I got some firm tofu yesterday, so today I will make "Sticky tofu
salad"!

! is right. What the heck is sticky tofu salad?

==

https://realfood.tesco.com/gallery/1...1SIlCd0Wixz.99

it is in among these! As you will guess, I will be leaving out the papaya

Hmmm he has just said he thinks he might like the Gado Gado for today. It
is among those recipes I posted.

Gado gado sounds just great. I will be leaving out the peanut butter because
it just sounds too weird as a salad dressing or a spicy sauce. I've had over
30 year to wrap my brain around the concept but it doesn't look like that's
every going to happen. That's the breaks, I guess. Thanks for the link!

===

Hmm I know what you mean)) D. loves peanut butter so I guess I will add
it. Not for me though LOL

Old 11-01-2019, 06:53 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

[...]

We have a papaya tree in one of our yards. For the life of me, I have yet
to figure out why people like it. Smells like vomit to me. DH loves it, so
not too many go to rot on the ground.

Old 11-01-2019, 06:55 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 11:37:09 AM UTC-5, Ophelia wrote:
"Gary" wrote in message ...

Ophelia wrote:

"dsi1" wrote
What the heck is sticky tofu salad?

==
https://realfood.tesco.com/gallery/1...1SIlCd0Wixz.99

it is in among these! As you will guess, I will be leaving out the papaya

Why not the papaya? Don't like that either?
I AM surprised that you would use the TBS of sesame oil
though as you two tend to like bland recipes.
==

We like a lot of stuff that is not bland. Not bland doesn't have to mean
spicy.

Incidentally, we don't say papaya is bland, we just don't like it!

If that is ok with you...

FWIW, it's ok with me. I don't like tropical fruit, except for citrus.

Cindy Hamilton
Old 11-01-2019, 07:03 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 8:53:51 AM UTC-10, Jinx the Minx wrote:

We have a papaya tree in one of our yards. For the life of me, I have yet
to figure out why people like it. Smells like vomit to me. DH loves it, so
not too many go to rot on the ground.

Some people can't understand how other people can eat olive oil or catfish or fermented soy beans so welcome to the club!
Old 11-01-2019, 07:10 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

[...]

Green papaya is rich in papain which is a powerful digestive enzyme. OTOH, the papaya as eaten here has less of it. You'd think people here would eat more green papaya but that's not the case. The oldsters need to eat ripe papaya should be investigated.
Old 11-01-2019, 07:14 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" wrote in message ...

[...]

I love peanut butter too but only in a specific way i.e., on a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I suppose my horizon could be broadened a bit.
Old 11-01-2019, 07:44 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 8:53:51 AM UTC-10, Jinx the Minx wrote:

We have a papaya tree in one of our yards. For the life of me, I have yet
to figure out why people like it. Smells like vomit to me. DH loves it, so
not too many go to rot on the ground.

This morning I had a Stone Cookie from Mt. View Bakery. It is likely that you wouldn't be able to figure out why people like this rock hard cookie/biscuit. My wife and I can't figure out why people like them. I had one, she had two. Most people will dip it in coffee or cocoa to soften it up some. I'm a macho kind of guy so I just attack it commando style.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...hGzvkPc9__Wj39

Old 11-01-2019, 07:48 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

[...]

Ahh but will they like it with sticky tofu!!

Old 11-01-2019, 07:49 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

--

So, if you make it you will leave out the peanut butter?? Heh you are just
like me)

Old 11-01-2019, 08:02 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" wrote in message ...

[...]

No peanut butter for me, man!
Old 11-01-2019, 08:09 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

[...]

Lol waste not want not ;p

Old 11-01-2019, 08:10 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" wrote in message ...

Ophelia wrote:

"dsi1" wrote
What the heck is sticky tofu salad?

==
https://realfood.tesco.com/gallery/1...1SIlCd0Wixz.99

it is in among these! As you will guess, I will be leaving out the
papaya

Why not the papaya? Don't like that either?
I AM surprised that you would use the TBS of sesame oil
though as you two tend to like bland recipes.
==

We like a lot of stuff that is not bland. Not bland doesn't have to mean
spicy.

Incidentally, we don't say papaya is bland, we just don't like it!

If that is ok with you...

FWIW, it's ok with me. I don't like tropical fruit, except for citrus.

Cindy Hamilton

==

Yep I am with you on that ... but not to much lemon ..