Old 11-01-2019, 06:40 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Circulon pot quality

On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 9:42:16 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
"dsi1" wrote in message

On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 7:13:13 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
"dsi1" wrote in message

On Wednesday, January 9, 2019 at 11:40:56 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
"dsi1" wrote in message

On Wednesday, January 9, 2019 at 9:31:42 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

I certainly is Do you have an oven you can use it in?

Probably not because it's made of plastic. It's actually a Japanese
style
lunch box. On the lid it says "Enjoy Your Meal" and "Le Temps Heureux" -
The
happy times.

I'll use it soon.

Tonight I made and packed up rafute - braised Okinawan shoyu pork belly
and
some slaw dressed with Japan mayo, oyster sauce, and some spicy ketchup.
Boy, that's some tasty stuff!

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...dxd-FnlVBIq04K

==

That looks good I made a Stir fry chop suey and it was good. No pics
though I will have to try to remember to take some.

What was in the chop suey? I like stir fry stuff. Thanks.

==

STIR FRY CHICKEN CHOP SUEY

chicken sliced
bicarb
Toss together and leave for 20 minutes

Mix in together in bowl
cornflour
light soy

Add:
Oyster sauce
Chinese cooking wine
sesame oil
water
Mix together.

Chop:
garlic
onions
stems pak choy stems
med carrot
sliced mushrooms

Rinse and chop chicken into slices

Heat oil, add garlic and onions. Cook 1 minute
Add chicken and cook 1 minute
Add chopped veg stir fry 1 minute
Add sauce and green tops.

That sounds pretty good. I shall keep it in mind. Thanks!

==

I ought to have mentioned ... you do realise that anything spicy in that
recipe, was removed by me ... ;p

Here's what I had for dinner. Mochiko chicken curry. That sauce appears to be made of chili pepper flakes and oil. Curiously, it's not that hot. I'm going to have to try making my version. It's going to have chili pepper flakes and cumin. That would probably flip your wig. Hopefully, it's going to flip mine.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...Ej35IJByqsy3q2

Old 11-01-2019, 08:34 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

[...]

Yers that looks good, but everything you show does, but ... even without the
chili pepper flakes and cumin ... it would certainly flip my wig ...

Old 11-01-2019, 09:01 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

[...]

My wife had kim chee ramen. That was pretty spicy. We like our foods with bang-bang, boom-boom.
Old 11-01-2019, 09:43 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

[...]

It is just as well you both like wig flipping ...

I got some firm tofu yesterday, so today I will make "Sticky tofu salad"!

Old 11-01-2019, 10:12 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

[...]

! is right. What the heck is sticky tofu salad?

Old 11-01-2019, 10:33 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

Yers that looks good, but everything you show does, but ... even without
the
chili pepper flakes and cumin ... it would certainly flip my wig ...

My wife had kim chee ramen. That was pretty spicy. We like our foods with
bang-bang, boom-boom.

==

It is just as well you both like wig flipping ...

I got some firm tofu yesterday, so today I will make "Sticky tofu salad"!

! is right. What the heck is sticky tofu salad?

==

https://realfood.tesco.com/gallery/1...1SIlCd0Wixz.99

it is in among these! As you will guess, I will be leaving out the papaya

Old 11-01-2019, 10:47 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" wrote in message ...

"dsi1" wrote in message

Yers that looks good, but everything you show does, but ... even without
the
chili pepper flakes and cumin ... it would certainly flip my wig ...

My wife had kim chee ramen. That was pretty spicy. We like our foods with
bang-bang, boom-boom.

==

It is just as well you both like wig flipping ...

I got some firm tofu yesterday, so today I will make "Sticky tofu salad"!

! is right. What the heck is sticky tofu salad?

==

https://realfood.tesco.com/gallery/1...1SIlCd0Wixz.99

it is in among these! As you will guess, I will be leaving out the papaya

Hmmm he has just said he thinks he might like the Gado Gado for today. It
is among those recipes I posted.

Old 11-01-2019, 03:28 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

"dsi1" wrote
What the heck is sticky tofu salad?

==
https://realfood.tesco.com/gallery/1...1SIlCd0Wixz.99

it is in among these! As you will guess, I will be leaving out the papaya

Why not the papaya? Don't like that either?
I AM surprised that you would use the TBS of sesame oil
though as you two tend to like bland recipes.
Old 11-01-2019, 04:36 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" wrote in message ...

Ophelia wrote:

"dsi1" wrote
What the heck is sticky tofu salad?

==
https://realfood.tesco.com/gallery/1...1SIlCd0Wixz.99

it is in among these! As you will guess, I will be leaving out the papaya

Why not the papaya? Don't like that either?
I AM surprised that you would use the TBS of sesame oil
though as you two tend to like bland recipes.
==

We like a lot of stuff that is not bland. Not bland doesn't have to mean
spicy.

Incidentally, we don't say papaya is bland, we just don't like it!

If that is ok with you...

Old 11-01-2019, 04:39 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/11/2019 3:47 AM, Ophelia wrote:

https://realfood.tesco.com/gallery/1...1SIlCd0Wixz.99

it is in among these!* As you will guess, I will be leaving out the papaya

Click on picture, second from bottom left, for "Sticky tofu and papaya
sallad".

Old 11-01-2019, 04:46 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

--

I know ) That is what I was showing you!!!

Old 11-01-2019, 04:52 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

"Gary" wrote in message ...

Ophelia wrote:

"dsi1" wrote
What the heck is sticky tofu salad?

==
https://realfood.tesco.com/gallery/1...1SIlCd0Wixz.99

it is in among these! As you will guess, I will be leaving out the papaya

Why not the papaya? Don't like that either?
I AM surprised that you would use the TBS of sesame oil
though as you two tend to like bland recipes.
==

We like a lot of stuff that is not bland. Not bland doesn't have to mean
spicy.

Incidentally, we don't say papaya is bland, we just don't like it!

If that is ok with you...

Don't go getting all huffy. I was just asking.
Old 11-01-2019, 05:11 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

"Gary" wrote in message ...

Ophelia wrote:

"dsi1" wrote
What the heck is sticky tofu salad?

==

https://realfood.tesco.com/gallery/1...1SIlCd0Wixz.99

it is in among these! As you will guess, I will be leaving out the
papaya g

Why not the papaya? Don't like that either?
I AM surprised that you would use the TBS of sesame oil
though as you two tend to like bland recipes.
==

We like a lot of stuff that is not bland. Not bland doesn't have to
mean spicy.

Incidentally, we don't say papaya is bland, we just don't like it!

If that is ok with you...

Grin, Papaya is one of the more common ones to have an allergy or a
lower level called 'food sensitivity'.
Old 11-01-2019, 05:23 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 12:33:47 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
"dsi1" wrote in message

Yers that looks good, but everything you show does, but ... even without
the
chili pepper flakes and cumin ... it would certainly flip my wig ...

My wife had kim chee ramen. That was pretty spicy. We like our foods with
bang-bang, boom-boom.

==

It is just as well you both like wig flipping ...

I got some firm tofu yesterday, so today I will make "Sticky tofu salad"!

! is right. What the heck is sticky tofu salad?

==

https://realfood.tesco.com/gallery/1...1SIlCd0Wixz.99

it is in among these! As you will guess, I will be leaving out the papaya

Thanks for the link. It is really sticky!

The old folks on this rock really like papaya. They seem to have a biological need to eat the stuff. It is an interesting phenomenon and bears investigation as to why that is. I used to have to buy papaya for my mother-in-law constantly, it used to be one of the few foods she could handle.

Old 11-01-2019, 05:29 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 12:47:51 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
"Ophelia" wrote in message ...

"dsi1" wrote in message

Yers that looks good, but everything you show does, but ... even without
the
chili pepper flakes and cumin ... it would certainly flip my wig ...

My wife had kim chee ramen. That was pretty spicy. We like our foods with
bang-bang, boom-boom.

==

It is just as well you both like wig flipping ...

I got some firm tofu yesterday, so today I will make "Sticky tofu salad"!

! is right. What the heck is sticky tofu salad?

==

https://realfood.tesco.com/gallery/1...1SIlCd0Wixz.99

it is in among these! As you will guess, I will be leaving out the papaya

Hmmm he has just said he thinks he might like the Gado Gado for today. It
is among those recipes I posted.

Gado gado sounds just great. I will be leaving out the peanut butter because it just sounds too weird as a salad dressing or a spicy sauce. I've had over 30 year to wrap my brain around the concept but it doesn't look like that's every going to happen. That's the breaks, I guess. Thanks for the link!