Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Circulon pot quality

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 9:50:20 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 8:54:51 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > "dsi1" wrote in message

> > > ! is right. What the heck is sticky tofu salad?
> > >
> > > ==
> > >

> > > https://realfood.tesco.com/gallery/1...1SIlCd0Wixz.99
> > >
> > > it is in among these! As you will guess, I will be leaving out the
> > > papaya
> > > <g>

> > Thanks for the link. It is really sticky!
> >
> > The old folks on this rock really like papaya. They seem to have a
> > biological need to eat the stuff. It is an interesting phenomenon and
> > bears
> > investigation as to why that is. I used to have to buy papaya for my
> > mother-in-law constantly, it used to be one of the few foods she could
> > handle.
> >
> > ==
> >
> > That sounds good then)

> Green papaya is rich in papain which is a powerful digestive enzyme. OTOH,
> the papaya as eaten here has less of it. You'd think people here would eat
> more green papaya but that's not the case. The oldsters need to eat ripe
> papaya should be investigated.
>
> ===
>
> Ahh but will they like it with sticky tofu!!

I have some reservations about putting honey on tofu but I can guarantee you that we'll love gado gado! I've fried tofu before but it never occurred to me to marinate it with an intense paste then coat with a starch and fry. That's some new territory right there.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 8:53:51 AM UTC-10, Jinx the Minx wrote:

> We have a papaya tree in one of our yards. For the life of me, I have yet
> to figure out why people like it. Smells like vomit to me. DH loves it,
> so
> not too many go to rot on the ground.

This morning I had a Stone Cookie from Mt. View Bakery. It is likely that
you wouldn't be able to figure out why people like this rock hard
cookie/biscuit. My wife and I can't figure out why people like them. I had
one, she had two. Most people will dip it in coffee or cocoa to soften it up
some. I'm a macho kind of guy so I just attack it commando style.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...hGzvkPc9__Wj39

==

Blimey!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 9:50:20 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 8:54:51 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > "dsi1" wrote in message

> > > ! is right. What the heck is sticky tofu salad?
> > >
> > > ==
> > >

> > > https://realfood.tesco.com/gallery/1...1SIlCd0Wixz.99
> > >
> > > it is in among these! As you will guess, I will be leaving out the
> > > papaya
> > > <g>

> > Thanks for the link. It is really sticky!
> >
> > The old folks on this rock really like papaya. They seem to have a
> > biological need to eat the stuff. It is an interesting phenomenon and
> > bears
> > investigation as to why that is. I used to have to buy papaya for my
> > mother-in-law constantly, it used to be one of the few foods she could
> > handle.
> >
> > ==
> >
> > That sounds good then)

> Green papaya is rich in papain which is a powerful digestive enzyme. OTOH,
> the papaya as eaten here has less of it. You'd think people here would eat
> more green papaya but that's not the case. The oldsters need to eat ripe
> papaya should be investigated.
>
> ===
>
> Ahh but will they like it with sticky tofu!!

I have some reservations about putting honey on tofu but I can guarantee you
that we'll love gado gado! I've fried tofu before but it never occurred to
me to marinate it with an intense paste then coat with a starch and fry.
That's some new territory right there.
==

If you do, please report back? It is all new to me too)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 22:40:28 -0800 (PST), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 9:42:16 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
>> "dsi1" wrote in message
>>
>> On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 7:13:13 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

>> > What was in the chop suey? I like stir fry stuff. Thanks.
>> >
>> > ==
>> >
>> > STIR FRY CHICKEN CHOP SUEY
>> >
>> > chicken sliced
>> > bicarb
>> > Toss together and leave for 20 minutes
>> >
>> > Mix in together in bowl
>> > cornflour
>> > light soy
>> >
>> > Add:
>> > Oyster sauce
>> > Chinese cooking wine
>> > sesame oil
>> > water
>> > Mix together.
>> >
>> > Chop:
>> > garlic
>> > onions
>> > stems pak choy stems
>> > med carrot
>> > sliced mushrooms
>> >
>> > Rinse and chop chicken into slices
>> >
>> > Heat oil, add garlic and onions. Cook 1 minute
>> > Add chicken and cook 1 minute
>> > Add chopped veg stir fry 1 minute
>> > Add sauce and green tops.

>> That sounds pretty good. I shall keep it in mind. Thanks!
>>
>> ==
>>
>> I ought to have mentioned ... you do realise that anything spicy in that
>> recipe, was removed by me ... ;p

>Here's what I had for dinner. Mochiko chicken curry. That sauce appears to be made of chili pepper flakes and oil. Curiously, it's not that hot. I'm going to have to try making my version. It's going to have chili pepper flakes and cumin. That would probably flip your wig. Hopefully, it's going to flip mine.
>
>https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...Ej35IJByqsy3q2

To me there's way too much sauce and that sauce looks exactly like a
rife case of diarreah, honest opinion.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 22:40:28 -0800 (PST), dsi1
> > wrote:
>
>> On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 9:42:16 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...dxd-FnlVBIq04K

>>> That sounds pretty good. I shall keep it in mind. Thanks!
>>>
>>> ==
>>>
>>> I ought to have mentioned ... you do realise that anything spicy in that
>>> recipe, was removed by me ... ;p

>> Here's what I had for dinner. Mochiko chicken curry. That sauce appears to be made of chili pepper flakes and oil. Curiously, it's not that hot. I'm going to have to try making my version. It's going to have chili pepper flakes and cumin. That would probably flip your wig. Hopefully, it's going to flip mine.
>>
>> https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...Ej35IJByqsy3q2

> To me there's way too much sauce and that sauce looks exactly like a
> rife case of diarreah, honest opinion.

Popeye, yoose spend too much time looking in yoose terlit bowl.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 10:28:07 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 8:53:51 AM UTC-10, Jinx the Minx wrote:
> >
> > We have a papaya tree in one of our yards. For the life of me, I have yet
> > to figure out why people like it. Smells like vomit to me. DH loves it,
> > so
> > not too many go to rot on the ground.

> This morning I had a Stone Cookie from Mt. View Bakery. It is likely that
> you wouldn't be able to figure out why people like this rock hard
> cookie/biscuit. My wife and I can't figure out why people like them. I had
> one, she had two. Most people will dip it in coffee or cocoa to soften it up
> some. I'm a macho kind of guy so I just attack it commando style.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...hGzvkPc9__Wj39
>
> ==
>
> Blimey!

Years ago, I ordered several bags of cookies from Mt. View Bakery through the phone. The lady taking my order said she'd mail it right out. I got the distinct impression that she was going to walk my order to the post office.

"Do you want my card number?"

"No, we'll send you the bill."

I got the cookies with the invoice and so I mailed a check right off. That's Hawaiians for you. Is it any wonder that they got their land stolen right from under their feet? No it isn't.

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2011/...is-own-recipe/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 10:30:36 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 9:50:20 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > "dsi1" wrote in message
> >
> > On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 8:54:51 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> > > Thanks for the link. It is really sticky!
> > >
> > > The old folks on this rock really like papaya. They seem to have a
> > > biological need to eat the stuff. It is an interesting phenomenon and
> > > bears
> > > investigation as to why that is. I used to have to buy papaya for my
> > > mother-in-law constantly, it used to be one of the few foods she could
> > > handle.
> > >
> > > ==
> > >
> > > That sounds good then)

> > Green papaya is rich in papain which is a powerful digestive enzyme. OTOH,
> > the papaya as eaten here has less of it. You'd think people here would eat
> > more green papaya but that's not the case. The oldsters need to eat ripe
> > papaya should be investigated.
> >
> > ===
> >
> > Ahh but will they like it with sticky tofu!!

> I have some reservations about putting honey on tofu but I can guarantee you
> that we'll love gado gado! I've fried tofu before but it never occurred to
> me to marinate it with an intense paste then coat with a starch and fry.
> That's some new territory right there.
> ==
>
> If you do, please report back? It is all new to me too)

I will! Google says that I've exceeded the posting limits so it might be while. Bless their little hearts!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 11:46:31 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:

> To me there's way too much sauce and that sauce looks exactly like a
> rife case of diarreah, honest opinion.

I cannot say that you're wrong. OTOH, your obsession with diarrhea is one of excessive proportions. It makes my flesh crawl.

As far as the sauce goes, the sauce is the dish, the rice and anything else on the plate are the accompaniments. Japan curry is served on a dish, not in a bowl. Is that rather peculiar? Yes it is.

https://japan.recipetineats.com/wp-c...tsu-Curry2.jpg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dsi1, I have never had that message from Google. Are you sure it isn't from your wifi provider?

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:
> On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 11:46:31 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
>>
>> To me there's way too much sauce and that sauce looks exactly like a
>> rife case of diarreah, honest opinion.

> I cannot say that you're wrong. OTOH, your obsession with diarrhea is one of excessive proportions. It makes my flesh crawl.

He's a creepy sort of guy. It's well past vodka time, so expect some
outrageous stories tonight, up until he passes out.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia > wrote:

> "Jinx the Minx" wrote in message ...
>
> dsi1 > wrote:

>>> ! is right. What the heck is sticky tofu salad?
>>>
>>> =>
>>>
>>> https://realfood.tesco.com/gallery/1...1SIlCd0Wixz.99
>>>
>>> it is in among these! As you will guess, I will be leaving out the
>>> papaya
>>> <g>

>> Thanks for the link. It is really sticky!
>>
>> The old folks on this rock really like papaya. They seem to have a
>> biological need to eat the stuff. It is an interesting phenomenon and
>> bears investigation as to why that is. I used to have to buy papaya for
>> my mother-in-law constantly, it used to be one of the few foods she could
>> handle.
>>

> We have a papaya tree in one of our yards. For the life of me, I have yet
> to figure out why people like it. Smells like vomit to me. DH loves it, so
> not too many go to rot on the ground.
>
> ==
>
> Lol waste not want not ;p

Im fine feeding the squirrels and birds with it. :-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 12:55:53 PM UTC-10, Nancy2 wrote:
> Dsi1, I have never had that message from Google. Are you sure it isn't from your wifi provider?
>
> N.

Evidently, I have been posting promiscuously today. Google no like. My internet cable service doesn't really care what the heck I do as long as I pay my bill. Beats me why Googles cares how much I post. Some people might see it as a bad thing but I don't mind being reined in. I post too much anyway.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 12:58:41 PM UTC-10, Hank Rogers wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
> > On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 11:46:31 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
> >>
> >> To me there's way too much sauce and that sauce looks exactly like a
> >> rife case of diarreah, honest opinion.

> > I cannot say that you're wrong. OTOH, your obsession with diarrhea is one of excessive proportions. It makes my flesh crawl.
> >

> He's a creepy sort of guy. It's well past vodka time, so expect some
> outrageous stories tonight, up until he passes out.

My guess is that it's some kind of wild times out at the ranch house. I like to think it's the depravity center of the US.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 17:21:23 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 2:06:22 PM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 09:37:02 -0800 (PST), "
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >It may actually be blue but it's coming across my screen as teal. No matter,
>> >nice pot!

>> It's blue on my screen. Maybe give your screen a wipe
>>

>The important thing is what color is it sitting in his kitchen?
>;-)

Yes, someone has to go and have a look or else we can't be sure.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 10:33:26 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"dsi1" wrote in message
>

>> > Yers that looks good, but everything you show does, but ... even without
>> > the
>> > chili pepper flakes and cumin ... it would certainly flip my wig ...

>> My wife had kim chee ramen. That was pretty spicy. We like our foods with
>> bang-bang, boom-boom.
>>
>> ==
>>
>> It is just as well you both like wig flipping ...
>>
>> I got some firm tofu yesterday, so today I will make "Sticky tofu salad"!

>! is right. What the heck is sticky tofu salad?
>
>==
>

>https://realfood.tesco.com/gallery/1...1SIlCd0Wixz.99
>
>it is in among these! As you will guess, I will be leaving out the papaya
><g>

But it's not spicy.

Actually, we have a papaya tree and so do my inlaws. Ours taste and
smell a bit pukey when ripe. Theirs taste nice. I wonder where that
difference comes from.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 10:55:25 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 11:37:09 AM UTC-5, Ophelia wrote:
>> "Gary" wrote in message ...
>>
>> Ophelia wrote:
>> >
>> > "dsi1" wrote
>> > What the heck is sticky tofu salad?
>> >
>> > ==
>> > https://realfood.tesco.com/gallery/1...1SIlCd0Wixz.99
>> >
>> > it is in among these! As you will guess, I will be leaving out the papaya
>> > <g>

>> Why not the papaya? Don't like that either?
>> I AM surprised that you would use the TBS of sesame oil
>> though as you two tend to like bland recipes.
>> ==
>>
>> We like a lot of stuff that is not bland. Not bland doesn't have to mean
>> spicy.
>>
>> Incidentally, we don't say papaya is bland, we just don't like it!
>>
>> If that is ok with you...

>FWIW, it's ok with me. I don't like tropical fruit, except for citrus.

I love mango, rambutan, lychee. I wouldn't call citrus tropical.
Oranges in the Netherlands tend to come from Spain, which is hardly
tropical. I'm not even sure if it's subtropical. Maybe. Maybe I'm
nitpicking.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 18:53:48 -0000 (UTC), Jinx the Minx
> wrote:

>dsi1 > wrote:
>> On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 12:33:47 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
>>>>
>>> ! is right. What the heck is sticky tofu salad?
>>>
>>> =>
>>>
>>> https://realfood.tesco.com/gallery/1...1SIlCd0Wixz.99
>>>
>>> it is in among these! As you will guess, I will be leaving out the papaya
>>> <g>

>> Thanks for the link. It is really sticky!
>>
>> The old folks on this rock really like papaya. They seem to have a
>> biological need to eat the stuff. It is an interesting phenomenon and
>> bears investigation as to why that is. I used to have to buy papaya for
>> my mother-in-law constantly, it used to be one of the few foods she could handle.

>We have a papaya tree in one of our yards. For the life of me, I have yet
>to figure out why people like it. Smells like vomit to me.

Yes, that's what i just posted about! Our papayas smell and taste
faintly like vomit. But equally ripe papayas from another papaya tree
are quite nice, a bit like calmed down mangos. There must be different
strains. I guess this is where the Latin names come in. Papaya
Variegata "Mrs. Jones backyard".
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 11:44:29 -0800 (PST), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 8:53:51 AM UTC-10, Jinx the Minx wrote:
>>
>> We have a papaya tree in one of our yards. For the life of me, I have yet
>> to figure out why people like it. Smells like vomit to me. DH loves it, so
>> not too many go to rot on the ground.

>This morning I had a Stone Cookie from Mt. View Bakery. It is likely that you\
>wouldn't be able to figure out why people like this rock hard
>cookie/biscuit. My wife and I can't figure out why people like them.
>I had one, she had two. Most people will dip it in coffee or cocoa to
>soften it up some. I'm a macho kind of guy so I just attack it
>commando style.

You mean without wearing underwear?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-01-11 7:31 p.m., Bruce wrote:

> I love mango, rambutan, lychee. I wouldn't call citrus tropical.
> Oranges in the Netherlands tend to come from Spain, which is hardly
> tropical. I'm not even sure if it's subtropical. Maybe. Maybe I'm
> nitpicking.

No! They grow in warm temperate and Mediterranean climates.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 10:28:07 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 8:53:51 AM UTC-10, Jinx the Minx wrote:
> >
> > We have a papaya tree in one of our yards. For the life of me, I have
> > yet
> > to figure out why people like it. Smells like vomit to me. DH loves it,
> > so
> > not too many go to rot on the ground.

> This morning I had a Stone Cookie from Mt. View Bakery. It is likely that
> you wouldn't be able to figure out why people like this rock hard
> cookie/biscuit. My wife and I can't figure out why people like them. I had
> one, she had two. Most people will dip it in coffee or cocoa to soften it
> up
> some. I'm a macho kind of guy so I just attack it commando style.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...hGzvkPc9__Wj39
>
> ==
>
> Blimey!

Years ago, I ordered several bags of cookies from Mt. View Bakery through
the phone. The lady taking my order said she'd mail it right out. I got the
distinct impression that she was going to walk my order to the post office.

"Do you want my card number?"

"No, we'll send you the bill."

I got the cookies with the invoice and so I mailed a check right off. That's
Hawaiians for you. Is it any wonder that they got their land stolen right
from under their feet? No it isn't.

It is a long time since I have seen anything like that!
These days it is always the 'card'.

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2011/...is-own-recipe/

That looks like a rock. Watch your teeth!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 10:30:36 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 9:50:20 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > "dsi1" wrote in message
> >
> > On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 8:54:51 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> > > Thanks for the link. It is really sticky!
> > >
> > > The old folks on this rock really like papaya. They seem to have a
> > > biological need to eat the stuff. It is an interesting phenomenon and
> > > bears
> > > investigation as to why that is. I used to have to buy papaya for my
> > > mother-in-law constantly, it used to be one of the few foods she could
> > > handle.
> > >
> > > ==
> > >
> > > That sounds good then)

> > Green papaya is rich in papain which is a powerful digestive enzyme.
> > OTOH,
> > the papaya as eaten here has less of it. You'd think people here would
> > eat
> > more green papaya but that's not the case. The oldsters need to eat ripe
> > papaya should be investigated.
> >
> > ===
> >
> > Ahh but will they like it with sticky tofu!!

> I have some reservations about putting honey on tofu but I can guarantee
> you
> that we'll love gado gado! I've fried tofu before but it never occurred to
> me to marinate it with an intense paste then coat with a starch and fry.
> That's some new territory right there.
> ==
>
> If you do, please report back? It is all new to me too)

I will! Google says that I've exceeded the posting limits so it might be
while. Bless their little hearts!

==

Oh dear. I hadn't heard of that

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia > wrote:

> "Jinx the Minx" wrote in message ...
>
> dsi1 > wrote:

>>> ! is right. What the heck is sticky tofu salad?
>>>
>>> =>
>>>
>>> https://realfood.tesco.com/gallery/1...1SIlCd0Wixz.99
>>>
>>> it is in among these! As you will guess, I will be leaving out the
>>> papaya
>>> <g>

>> Thanks for the link. It is really sticky!
>>
>> The old folks on this rock really like papaya. They seem to have a
>> biological need to eat the stuff. It is an interesting phenomenon and
>> bears investigation as to why that is. I used to have to buy papaya for
>> my mother-in-law constantly, it used to be one of the few foods she could
>> handle.
>>

> We have a papaya tree in one of our yards. For the life of me, I have yet
> to figure out why people like it. Smells like vomit to me. DH loves it,
> so
> not too many go to rot on the ground.
>
> ==
>
> Lol waste not want not ;p

Im fine feeding the squirrels and birds with it. :-)

==

Jolly good)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"dsi1" wrote in message
>

>> > Yers that looks good, but everything you show does, but ... even
>> > without
>> > the
>> > chili pepper flakes and cumin ... it would certainly flip my wig ...

>> My wife had kim chee ramen. That was pretty spicy. We like our foods with
>> bang-bang, boom-boom.
>>
>> ==
>>
>> It is just as well you both like wig flipping ...
>>
>> I got some firm tofu yesterday, so today I will make "Sticky tofu salad"!

>! is right. What the heck is sticky tofu salad?
>
>==
>

>https://realfood.tesco.com/gallery/1...1SIlCd0Wixz.99
>
>it is in among these! As you will guess, I will be leaving out the papaya
><g>

But it's not spicy.

I never said it was ;p

Actually, we have a papaya tree and so do my inlaws. Ours taste and
smell a bit pukey when ripe. Theirs taste nice. I wonder where that
difference comes from.

That's interesting. Maybe a different type?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" wrote in message ...

On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 10:55:25 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 11:37:09 AM UTC-5, Ophelia wrote:
>> "Gary" wrote in message ...
>>
>> Ophelia wrote:
>> >
>> > "dsi1" wrote
>> > What the heck is sticky tofu salad?
>> >
>> > ==
>> > https://realfood.tesco.com/gallery/1...1SIlCd0Wixz.99
>> >
>> > it is in among these! As you will guess, I will be leaving out the
>> > papaya
>> > <g>

>> Why not the papaya? Don't like that either?
>> I AM surprised that you would use the TBS of sesame oil
>> though as you two tend to like bland recipes.
>> ==
>>
>> We like a lot of stuff that is not bland. Not bland doesn't have to mean
>> spicy.
>>
>> Incidentally, we don't say papaya is bland, we just don't like it!
>>
>> If that is ok with you...

>FWIW, it's ok with me. I don't like tropical fruit, except for citrus.

I love mango, rambutan, lychee. I wouldn't call citrus tropical.
Oranges in the Netherlands tend to come from Spain, which is hardly
tropical. I'm not even sure if it's subtropical. Maybe. Maybe I'm
nitpicking.

---

Never!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;p

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 Jan 2019 07:34:08 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message ...
>
>On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 10:55:25 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:
>
>>On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 11:37:09 AM UTC-5, Ophelia wrote:

>>> Why not the papaya? Don't like that either?
>>> I AM surprised that you would use the TBS of sesame oil
>>> though as you two tend to like bland recipes.
>>> ==
>>>
>>> We like a lot of stuff that is not bland. Not bland doesn't have to mean
>>> spicy.
>>>
>>> Incidentally, we don't say papaya is bland, we just don't like it!
>>>
>>> If that is ok with you...

>>FWIW, it's ok with me. I don't like tropical fruit, except for citrus.

>I love mango, rambutan, lychee. I wouldn't call citrus tropical.
>Oranges in the Netherlands tend to come from Spain, which is hardly
>tropical. I'm not even sure if it's subtropical. Maybe. Maybe I'm
>nitpicking.
>
>---
>
>Never!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
>;p

Lol, thank you

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 Jan 2019 07:32:57 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message ...
>
>On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 10:33:26 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:

>>> My wife had kim chee ramen. That was pretty spicy. We like our foods with
>>> bang-bang, boom-boom.
>>>
>>> ==
>>>
>>> It is just as well you both like wig flipping ...
>>>
>>> I got some firm tofu yesterday, so today I will make "Sticky tofu salad"!

>>! is right. What the heck is sticky tofu salad?
>>
>>==
>>

>>https://realfood.tesco.com/gallery/1...1SIlCd0Wixz.99
>>
>>it is in among these! As you will guess, I will be leaving out the papaya
>><g>

>But it's not spicy.
>
> I never said it was ;p
>
>Actually, we have a papaya tree and so do my inlaws. Ours taste and
>smell a bit pukey when ripe. Theirs taste nice. I wonder where that
>difference comes from.
>
> That's interesting. Maybe a different type?

Must be. There are yellow ones and red ones, I believe. But in this
case, they're both yellow.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 5:55:53 PM UTC-5, Nancy2 wrote:
> Dsi1, I have never had that message from Google. Are you sure it isn't from your wifi provider?
>
> N.

I've had that same message. If I take off an hour or so, I can post
again.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce > wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 18:53:48 -0000 (UTC), Jinx the Minx
> > wrote:
>
>> dsi1 > wrote:

>>> Thanks for the link. It is really sticky!
>>>
>>> The old folks on this rock really like papaya. They seem to have a
>>> biological need to eat the stuff. It is an interesting phenomenon and
>>> bears investigation as to why that is. I used to have to buy papaya for
>>> my mother-in-law constantly, it used to be one of the few foods she could handle.

>> We have a papaya tree in one of our yards. For the life of me, I have yet
>> to figure out why people like it. Smells like vomit to me.

> Yes, that's what i just posted about! Our papayas smell and taste
> faintly like vomit. But equally ripe papayas from another papaya tree
> are quite nice, a bit like calmed down mangos. There must be different
> strains. I guess this is where the Latin names come in. Papaya
> Variegata "Mrs. Jones backyard".

Ours grew wild, so I have no idea about different strains. I was
surprised how fast it grew from seed and was able to bear fruit. On my
bucket list for this year is to plant a few more fruit trees, preferably
exotic, but I have to decide what exactly those will be. We also currently
have a couple banana trees and pineapple bushes, and the neighbor has
avocado and lime trees that grow over the fence and produce prolifically so
no need for those.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 Jan 2019 13:19:11 -0000 (UTC), Jinx the Minx
> wrote:

>Bruce > wrote:
>> On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 18:53:48 -0000 (UTC), Jinx the Minx
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> We have a papaya tree in one of our yards. For the life of me, I have yet
>>> to figure out why people like it. Smells like vomit to me.

>> Yes, that's what i just posted about! Our papayas smell and taste
>> faintly like vomit. But equally ripe papayas from another papaya tree
>> are quite nice, a bit like calmed down mangos. There must be different
>> strains. I guess this is where the Latin names come in. Papaya
>> Variegata "Mrs. Jones backyard".
>>

>Ours grew wild, so I have no idea about different strains. I was
>surprised how fast it grew from seed and was able to bear fruit. On my
>bucket list for this year is to plant a few more fruit trees, preferably
>exotic, but I have to decide what exactly those will be. We also currently
>have a couple banana trees and pineapple bushes, and the neighbor has
>avocado and lime trees that grow over the fence and produce prolifically so
>no need for those.

You must live in the subtropics, like us. Banana's popular here, but
there's a restriction to do with a banana plant disease. Not sure. We
have 1 or more of lychee, custard apple, persimmon, loquat, avocado,
lime, lemon, orange, mandarin, lemonade, macadamia, olive, jaboticaba.

They don't all produce yet, though. I've been pampering the lychee
tree because it wasn't going anywhere without help. It's now trying to
produce 1 lychee
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce > wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Jan 2019 13:19:11 -0000 (UTC), Jinx the Minx
> > wrote:
>
>> Bruce > wrote:
>>> On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 18:53:48 -0000 (UTC), Jinx the Minx

>>> Yes, that's what i just posted about! Our papayas smell and taste
>>> faintly like vomit. But equally ripe papayas from another papaya tree
>>> are quite nice, a bit like calmed down mangos. There must be different
>>> strains. I guess this is where the Latin names come in. Papaya
>>> Variegata "Mrs. Jones backyard".
>>>

>> Ours grew wild, so I have no idea about different strains. I was
>> surprised how fast it grew from seed and was able to bear fruit. On my
>> bucket list for this year is to plant a few more fruit trees, preferably
>> exotic, but I have to decide what exactly those will be. We also currently
>> have a couple banana trees and pineapple bushes, and the neighbor has
>> avocado and lime trees that grow over the fence and produce prolifically so
>> no need for those.

> You must live in the subtropics, like us. Banana's popular here, but
> there's a restriction to do with a banana plant disease. Not sure. We
> have 1 or more of lychee, custard apple, persimmon, loquat, avocado,
> lime, lemon, orange, mandarin, lemonade, macadamia, olive, jaboticaba.
>
> They don't all produce yet, though. I've been pampering the lychee
> tree because it wasn't going anywhere without help. It's now trying to
> produce 1 lychee

Not exactly the subtropics, but coastal south Florida. Part of the time,
anyway. Most of the year I live in the cold tundra of Minnesota, where
apples abound but thats pretty much it in terms of fruit trees. Plums,
pears and tart cherries grow here as well, but theyre not too common. You
threw a couple new ones at me€”Ive never before heard of jaboticaba, and
loquat only rings the faintest of bells. Ill have to investigate their
viability. We might be in too wet of an area for olives, but Id love to
grow them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 Jan 2019 17:30:20 -0000 (UTC), Jinx the Minx
> wrote:

>Bruce > wrote:
>> On Sat, 12 Jan 2019 13:19:11 -0000 (UTC), Jinx the Minx
>> > wrote:

>>> Ours grew wild, so I have no idea about different strains. I was
>>> surprised how fast it grew from seed and was able to bear fruit. On my
>>> bucket list for this year is to plant a few more fruit trees, preferably
>>> exotic, but I have to decide what exactly those will be. We also currently
>>> have a couple banana trees and pineapple bushes, and the neighbor has
>>> avocado and lime trees that grow over the fence and produce prolifically so
>>> no need for those.

>> You must live in the subtropics, like us. Banana's popular here, but
>> there's a restriction to do with a banana plant disease. Not sure. We
>> have 1 or more of lychee, custard apple, persimmon, loquat, avocado,
>> lime, lemon, orange, mandarin, lemonade, macadamia, olive, jaboticaba.
>>
>> They don't all produce yet, though. I've been pampering the lychee
>> tree because it wasn't going anywhere without help. It's now trying to
>> produce 1 lychee
>>

>Not exactly the subtropics, but coastal south Florida. Part of the time,
>anyway. Most of the year I live in the cold tundra of Minnesota, where
>apples abound but that’s pretty much it in terms of fruit trees. Plums,
>pears and tart cherries grow here as well, but they’re not too common. You
>threw a couple new ones at me—I’ve never before heard of jaboticaba, and
>loquat only rings the faintest of bells. I’ll have to investigate their
>viability. We might be in too wet of an area for olives, but I’d love to
>grow them.

I don't know what loquat is myself. I'll have to wait and see when
they bear fruit.

Jaboticaba is like a rain forest cherry. The fruit grows straight on
the branches, quite strange. Problem is that these trees grow very
slowly. Ours are nowhere near producing.

<http://blog-20c0.kxcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/1-2-e1472666134693.jpg>
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 9:28:42 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> That looks like a rock. Watch your teeth!!

You are quite right. When I bit into that "cookie" thing, nothing happened. It was a fail. My teeth were stopped at the front gate. You have to learn a technique to biting through that thing. That cookie rocks - literally!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 9:28:42 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> That looks like a rock. Watch your teeth!!

You are quite right. When I bit into that "cookie" thing, nothing happened.
It was a fail. My teeth were stopped at the front gate. You have to learn a
technique to biting through that thing. That cookie rocks - literally!

==

lol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

7 months ago I posted neg review. Here I am enjoying this pot. I would buy it or other sizes again.
Circulon.