Old 12-01-2019, 06:01 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Circulon pot quality

On Sat, 12 Jan 2019 17:30:20 -0000 (UTC), Jinx the Minx
wrote:

Bruce wrote:
On Sat, 12 Jan 2019 13:19:11 -0000 (UTC), Jinx the Minx
wrote:

Bruce wrote:
On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 18:53:48 -0000 (UTC), Jinx the Minx
wrote:

We have a papaya tree in one of our yards. For the life of me, I have yet
to figure out why people like it. Smells like vomit to me.

Yes, that's what i just posted about! Our papayas smell and taste
faintly like vomit. But equally ripe papayas from another papaya tree
are quite nice, a bit like calmed down mangos. There must be different
strains. I guess this is where the Latin names come in. Papaya
Variegata "Mrs. Jones backyard".

Ours grew wild, so I have no idea about different strains. I was
surprised how fast it grew from seed and was able to bear fruit. On my
bucket list for this year is to plant a few more fruit trees, preferably
exotic, but I have to decide what exactly those will be. We also currently
have a couple banana trees and pineapple bushes, and the neighbor has
avocado and lime trees that grow over the fence and produce prolifically so
no need for those.

You must live in the subtropics, like us. Banana's popular here, but
there's a restriction to do with a banana plant disease. Not sure. We
have 1 or more of lychee, custard apple, persimmon, loquat, avocado,
lime, lemon, orange, mandarin, lemonade, macadamia, olive, jaboticaba.

They don't all produce yet, though. I've been pampering the lychee
tree because it wasn't going anywhere without help. It's now trying to
produce 1 lychee

Not exactly the subtropics, but coastal south Florida. Part of the time,
anyway. Most of the year I live in the cold tundra of Minnesota, where
apples abound but thatís pretty much it in terms of fruit trees. Plums,
pears and tart cherries grow here as well, but theyíre not too common. You
threw a couple new ones at meóIíve never before heard of jaboticaba, and
loquat only rings the faintest of bells. Iíll have to investigate their
viability. We might be in too wet of an area for olives, but Iíd love to
grow them.

I don't know what loquat is myself. I'll have to wait and see when
they bear fruit.

Jaboticaba is like a rain forest cherry. The fruit grows straight on
the branches, quite strange. Problem is that these trees grow very
slowly. Ours are nowhere near producing.

http://blog-20c0.kxcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/1-2-e1472666134693.jpg

Old 12-01-2019, 07:03 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 9:28:42 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

That looks like a rock. Watch your teeth!!

You are quite right. When I bit into that "cookie" thing, nothing happened. It was a fail. My teeth were stopped at the front gate. You have to learn a technique to biting through that thing. That cookie rocks - literally!