Old 07-01-2019, 11:30 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Sink stopper

On Mon, 7 Jan 2019 17:28:40 -0500, jmcquown
wrote:

On 1/7/2019 2:46 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Monday, January 7, 2019 at 2:03:05 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

Obviously you don't shave. LOL

My husband shaves in the shower. It's not for everybody, but it works
for him. He holds a plastic mirror in one hand while he shaves around
his beard. Been doing it that way for at least 33 years.

Cindy Hamilton

Maybe you should get one of those hanging shower mirrors for him.

When I had to shave my legs I shaved in the shower. Or I used an
electric razor (obviously not near water!). I'm fair haired and as I've
gotten older I've found I don't have hair on my legs anymore. I do
still have to shave my oxters but I do that in the shower.

Definition of oxter

1 chiefly Scotland and Ireland : armpit
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/oxter

Old 07-01-2019, 11:58 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/7/2019 2:46 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Monday, January 7, 2019 at 2:03:05 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

Obviously you don't shave. LOL

My husband shaves in the shower. It's not for everybody, but it works
for him. He holds a plastic mirror in one hand while he shaves around
his beard. Been doing it that way for at least 33 years.

Cindy Hamilton

Why hold it? My mirror hangs from the shower head pipe.

Old 08-01-2019, 12:07 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, January 7, 2019 at 5:28:47 PM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:
On 1/7/2019 2:46 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Monday, January 7, 2019 at 2:03:05 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

Obviously you don't shave. LOL

My husband shaves in the shower. It's not for everybody, but it works
for him. He holds a plastic mirror in one hand while he shaves around
his beard. Been doing it that way for at least 33 years.

Cindy Hamilton

Maybe you should get one of those hanging shower mirrors for him.

Handheld allows him to fine-tune the amount of light reflected off of
it. And to hold it as close as he wishes.

He was an optics technician. I believe he has optimized the experience.

Cindy Hamilton
Old 08-01-2019, 08:27 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/8/2019 4:10 AM, Ophelia wrote:

news
wrote:

[...]

LOL I once won tickets to a comedy club by calling in to a radio show
and answering the question "What is an oxter?". The DJ exclaimed, "Wow!
I didn't think anyone would get that!" He put me on hold then
immediately came back and asked if I'm in the medical field. I laughed
and said no, my grandmother was Scottish.

Jill

Old 08-01-2019, 08:33 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/8/2019 6:07 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Monday, January 7, 2019 at 5:28:47 PM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:
On 1/7/2019 2:46 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Monday, January 7, 2019 at 2:03:05 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

Obviously you don't shave. LOL

My husband shaves in the shower. It's not for everybody, but it works
for him. He holds a plastic mirror in one hand while he shaves around
his beard. Been doing it that way for at least 33 years.

Cindy Hamilton

Maybe you should get one of those hanging shower mirrors for him.

Handheld allows him to fine-tune the amount of light reflected off of
it. And to hold it as close as he wishes.

He was an optics technician. I believe he has optimized the experience.

Cindy Hamilton

Hey, whatever works for him. Sheldon was making a joke. Women don't
generally shave over the bathroom sink.

Jill
Old 08-01-2019, 09:31 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

On 1/8/2019 4:10 AM, Ophelia wrote:

news
wrote:

[...]

lol that's enough to do it)))

Old 09-01-2019, 12:12 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/8/2019 6:06 PM, tert in seattle wrote:
writes:
On 1/8/2019 4:10 AM, Ophelia wrote:

news
wrote:

On 1/7/2019 2:46 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Monday, January 7, 2019 at 2:03:05 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

Obviously you don't shave. LOL

My husband shaves in the shower.A It's not for everybody, but it works
for him.A He holds a plastic mirror in one hand while he shaves around
his beard.A Been doing it that way for at least 33 years.

Cindy Hamilton

Maybe you should get one of those hanging shower mirrors for him.

When I had to shave my legs I shaved in the shower.A Or I used an
electric razor (obviously not near water!).A I'm fair haired and as I've
gotten older I've found I don't have hair on my legs anymore.A I do
still have to shave my oxters but I do that in the shower.

Definition of oxter

1 chiefly Scotland and Ireland : armpit
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/oxter
==

Ya got it ;p

LOL I once won tickets to a comedy club by calling in to a radio show
and answering the question "What is an oxter?". The DJ exclaimed, "Wow!
I didn't think anyone would get that!" He put me on hold then
immediately came back and asked if I'm in the medical field. I laughed
and said no, my grandmother was Scottish.

Jill

the medical term is axilla

I don't know why he asked me about medical whatever. All I knew was my
grandmother referred to armpits as oxters.

Jill
Old 10-01-2019, 11:45 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
news
On 1/7/2019 2:46 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Monday, January 7, 2019 at 2:03:05 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

Obviously you don't shave. LOL

My husband shaves in the shower. It's not for everybody, but it works
for him. He holds a plastic mirror in one hand while he shaves around
his beard. Been doing it that way for at least 33 years.

Cindy Hamilton

Why hold it? My mirror hangs from the shower head pipe.

Depends on what he is shaving!

Old 28-01-2019, 09:00 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, January 4, 2019 at 11:42:08 PM UTC+5:30, KenK wrote:
Recently I can't seem to find a kitchen sink stopper that will stay open,
allowing the water to drain. They are hard to set open securely and don't
stay that way. Never had this problem before. Anyone else? Anyone find a
brand that works right? Maybe I just need to use an old-fashioned rubber
stopper when I need to stop the flow and let the food scraps go down the
drain.

Suggestions?

TIA

Hey. The sink stopper I had in my kitchen sink was also not a good one and I had to call this emergency plumber ( https://www.plumbwize.ca/plumber-oakville/ ) because the water started flowing out of the sink due to clogging. They installed a normal rubber rubber stopper and things have been good after that. I think you should try it.

Wierd Stopper Fred[_2_] Wine 3 05-12-2010 06:19 AM
The new Duval-Leroy Champagne Stopper pavane[_3_] Wine 12 13-06-2009 04:07 PM
Sink Poll - are you a double or single bowler? What is your Dream sink? :-) jj General Cooking 23 27-02-2009 08:36 PM
HELP! Pushed the rubber stopper into the carboy, now what? Mememe Winemaking 6 07-12-2005 04:43 AM
Missing stopper & air lock GW Winemaking 3 20-01-2004 10:47 PM